As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars: [Phalla]nce in the Force - Sith Empire(mafia) Are Victorious

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Tee hee hee hee

Totally evil :P

And I called it off you and infidel the whole game. I was right and I never told you the real reason why I really knew because I still plan to use it in future games to catch the Mafia.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    vOv

I was planning on getting murdered swiftly after routing out mafia and suddenly I have to murder everyone! No fair :[

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Still, my friends will tell you that I spent all week giggling like a madman about this game. Being a Sith Master was awesome, especially with Blarney being a great tag team partner.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    vOv

I was planning on getting murdered swiftly after routing out mafia and suddenly I have to murder everyone! No fair :[

Well, sort of
    Obifett wrote:
    Do not share or infer or tell anyone that you got this PM or any information in it. This can not be talked about discussed or shared with anyone, even if you think they have the same information as you. Period.

Post-Death Wincon Reveal:

The Rule of Two was created for the sole purpose of the Sith being the ruling force in the galaxy. The Rule was created because it was decided that the Sith were too weak as an Empire and in order to be strong, there should only be two Sith: one to rule and one to take over when the ruling one became weak. There have been many failed attempts at the Rule of Two. However, any Sith involved in the process is honored to have been a part of it, IF AND ONLY IF the Rule of Two is successful.

Therefore, You win if ANY Dark Lord of the Sith is the last person alive in the Order.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Day 7
    - Jedi win this tomorrow
    Day 8
    - Vote out kime day one in every phalla ever for always

:lol::lol: :P

Obi, it seemed in your notes and in some stuff you said during the game that you were beating yourself up a lot. Don't, the game was very complicated, and actually the mechanics turned out pretty solid, if not perfect. And it was fun, that's the important part :). Thanks for hosting!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Yeah, got that message. Hidden win conditions woop woop, still would've rather not have had to play a SK role with my RL situation :P

• Options
    warban wrote: »
    Tee hee hee hee

And I called it off you and infidel the whole game. I was right and I never told you the real reason why I really knew because I still plan to use it in future games to catch the Mafia.

Ahh, interesting. Because the reason you pointed out repeatedly was completely bogus.

By the way, thanks, everyone, for not voting me out. Even though I know you wanted to oh so much

Steam profile
  • Options
    Day 7
    - Jedi win this tomorrow
    Day 8

Obi, it seemed in your notes and in some stuff you said during the game that you were beating yourself up a lot. Don't, the game was very complicated, and actually the mechanics turned out pretty solid, if not perfect. And it was fun, that's the important part :). Thanks for hosting!

Yes. From what I understand is there are a few people who will get annoyed because of unexpected mechanics. All in all you ran a really good phalla.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Tee hee hee hee

Ahh, interesting. Because the reason you pointed out repeatedly was completely bogus.

By the way, thanks, everyone, for not voting me out. Even though I know you wanted to oh so much

You don't get to live any more even when I'm the vig and your the confirmed village seer. Just so you know. :P

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    http://gametheorysk.proboards.com

Basically just my SK diary, constant paranoid speculation on who's going to kill/seer me and how, some miscellaneous plotting, bemoaning being converted, making fun of people, good stuff. Decent enough day titles if I say so myself.

Was there a particular reason I got tagged as possible Sith?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Day 7
    - Jedi win this tomorrow
    Day 8

Well, it was no....S*****PHALLA, at least

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Don't grudge kime because he played well.

Grudge yourselves because you backed off a vote on him twice.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »

I am convinced it was my wall of text each time. I hope so, those took some time to type!

Steam profile
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »

I grudge kime because he really should have killed Langly in the Sandman phalla.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    I only backed off after I knew we were missing the ghost post.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    You silly geese only have yourselves to blame, rawkking presented everything on a platter.

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Unexpected mechanics are fine, but just because the game turned out in a way either way could go does not mean the game balance couldn't have been improved. If the mafia didn't get that Tatooine kill they would've probably had very little to no chance with the constantly regenerating specials. Adding or subtracting a nightly mafia kill does huge things to game balance as I've said many times in the past.

The way the council works worries me as well, but I'm going to save critique until the full notes are posted.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    I only backed off after I knew we were missing the ghost post.

I have no idea what happened with that, btw. I never tried all that hard to figure out, since the train of thought you took with it was beneficial to me, but I'm still curious...

But anyways, good night, all! It was fun killing you :twisted:

Steam profile
  • Options
    Oh, and I already mentioned this in PMs but to be clear: I'm glad Obifett decided to make such a crazy and ambitious game that encouraged soft networking to the extent this did. Overall it was definitely fun to play in :^:

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Hahaha how did I survive? How did we win?

Also brobump kime we are the survivors.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    off to play diablo 3 when this stupid error stops popping up.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    off to play diablo 3 when this stupid error stops popping up.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Yeah. Might be heading to he to try tomorrow instead. 3:30am here and it doesn't look good.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    We won? We won?! I have no idea how neither of our final surviving mafia members got knocked out, and I don't know if I should be praising kime or shaming the village in recognition of the victory. It's absolutely stunning, I can't fully comprehend it.

Big thanks to ObiFett for running the game. You created a very intricate and complex game design where everyone had an action, and you handled it quite well. You were timely in all the host duties: answering questions, posting narrations, sending out results, updating the opening post, and you kept us informed when things weren't going to be timely. That's the kind of thing hosts are supposed to do, and you pulled it off brilliantly.

Of course, that's not to say that the design was perfect, but then again, with games of this kind of magnitude in complexity perfection is hard to come by. From the mafia side of things, we had a lot of potential in terms of our ability to manipulate and strike with the proper knowledge, but we also had a significant deficiency in our inability to mimic the villagers with our actions. With a sufficient action trace, the village can track down mafia quite easily. We were fortunate in the fact that the village was quite loose in giving us enough information to counter their actions and deploy kills with a good pace, though we were less fortunate in keeping undercover, despite the village's flawed beliefs regarding the mafia's abilities. It makes me wonder - did the fact that we could not use the village abilities create a situation where we were more aggressive, promoting our opening for victory? After all, the longer a game goes, the better chances the village has to win. The village also had a lot of good potential with their regenerating specials, though from the outside I cannot quite say how well they were able to leverage this. The resolution of the serial killer pair's conversion ability on special roles has already been noted, and I agree that the target should have been killed instead of the conversion bounced.

However, these are but small quibbles in the big picture. For the level of mechanics that were in the game, you ran it as smoothly as anyone could have expected and for the most part, things worked out. You're a great host and I look forward to your next game.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Roles
    Not exact PMs, contains information about power restrictions not necessarily given out.

Council
    You are all members of the Council. You are immune to the vote as long as there are more than 20 people alive in the Order. You are charged with two tasks.
    1) While Coruscant is under Jedi Control, you may vote out any Knight or Padawan. This is done similar to voting in the main thread, public to the council, but hidden from the rest of the Order. It is suggested this be done on a probard. Vote in red for who you want to vote out. Vote in green to retract.
    2) You must decide successors in case one of you dies. Each of you will compile an ordered list of 5 knights and submit them publicly to the Council, but hidden to the Order. If/when a council member dies, replacements will be decided by your composite rankings. When a Knight replaces a Council member this way, they will become council members, gain council powers, and lose their knight powers. It is suggested this also be done on a proboard.
    You will each receive a separate PM with your role and powers. Use that other PM to submit orders.

Jedi (Village)

Master
    You are a Jedi Master and but no longer a Council Member. It is time to step out of the Chambers for good and take the fight to the Sith. Your powers have changed slightly.
    Mentor: Target a knight or padawan. If you die this night and your chosen target is a true Jedi, you may appear to the order and tell the order that your target is aligned with the Light Side (one post in the main thread). Additionally, if you die while mentoring a Jedi, you may talk to any other Council Members that died while Mentoring a Jedi and may be called upon to help the Jedi in other ways. You may also send one message (120 characters) to your original Mentor target (if the target is still alive) each day. If you die while Mentoring a Jedi, you are still in the game and communication rules still apply.
    Protect: Choose any member of the Order. They are protected from the first attack made on their life this night. If their padawan is supporting them, you also protect their padawan. This may only be used one time from now until the end of the game.
    Lead: Coordinate all missions on a chosen planet. This will increase all influence gains made by knights on this planet by one for this mission round only. Does not stack with other instances of Serve on the same planet. (Turns to Mission ability when council is dissolved)
    You will have successfully defended the galaxy when All Sith have been eliminated from the Order

Knight
    You are a Jedi Knight. You are the backbone of the Jedi. You are needed to protect the citizens of the galaxy and simultaneously root out the Sith in your order. To do that effectively, you can choose one of the following powers each night:
    Mission: Choose a planet. Complete a mission on the chosen planet to move its influence one point towards the light side. If the planet becomes under Jedi Control while on a mission, you have a chance of gaining a power.
    Meditate: Choose another member of the Order. You meditate and call on the force to reveal their intentions. The force will tell you if they are Sith.
    You will have successfully defended the galaxy when All Sith have been eliminated from the Order

Sword
    You are a Jedi Knight and the Sword of the Jedi. The rest of the Jedi are charged with defense and service. You are charged with enacting Justice and vanquishing the Dark Side of the Force. You have all the abilities of a normal Knight as well as the ability to Strike at any suspected darkness in the Order. (As long as Council is active, power will carry on to RNG Knight. If no Knights, power is gone) You can choose one of the following powers each night:
    Mission: Choose a planet. Complete a mission on the chosen planet to move its influence one point towards the light side. If the planet becomes under Jedi Control while on a mission, you have a chance of gaining a power.
    Meditate: Choose another member of the Order. You meditate and call on the force to reveal their intentions. The force will tell you if they are Sith.
    Strike: Target any Member of the Order and kill them (unblockable). If supported by your padawan, this kill also become un-redirectable. If you kill a Council Member who is a True Jedi, you cannot use any powers the next night as you try to rebalance yourself with the Force. If you are made a council member or fall to the darkside, you lose this ability.

Padawan
    You are a Jedi Padawan. You are the youth of the Jedi and are important for the future of the Order. You need to learn from and support your Master. You also need to train and help root out the Sith that have infiltrated the Jedi. To do that effectively, you can choose one of the following powers each night:
    Support: If your Master is on a mission, add one to the light side influence gain to their chosen planet. If your Master is meditating, learn their result. If your Master is a Sith, you run the risk of being used for their purposes.
    Train: You spend the night training, learning Challenge (a one-time use power)
    Challenge: You may use this ability once for every time you choose to train. Challenge another knight or padawan, they are prevented from using their powers that night.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Sith (Mafia)
    You are the Sith Infiltrators that are tasked with disrupting the Order. You will be given a number of forces (points) each night to direct (assign) to planets. Every force you direct to a planet will increase the Sith influence on that planet (by one point). You will also be given separate roles and cover roles in a different PM. It is highly suggested you create a proboard to coordinate your efforts. As you are finally revealing yourself as true Sith, you will need to reveal your true Sith names at some point. Please send me your Sith Names as soon as possible.
    You will be victorious when All threats to the Sith Empire have been Eliminated.

Equation to determine points Sith had to assign:
    [(Jedi Council Members*2 + Jedi Knights w/o padawans + Jedi Knights w/Jedi padawans*2)/Active Sabers not incl Hands max 2) - Sith Controlled Planets*5 + Jedi Controlled Planets *5]

Lord
    You are a Sith Lord that no longer has access to the Jedi Council. It is time to get your hands dirty and help the Sabers in finishing off the Order. Your powers have changed slightly:
    Cloud Minds: All Knight meditation results are controlled by you. They can either be returned as all Jedi, all Sith, or the reverse of the real result. This can only be used if Coruscant is under Jedi Control.
    Crush Threat: Choose a planet that the Sith Infiltrators have assigned at least two attack points. Anyone on a mission to this planet that is not supported by a padawan will be attacked by Sith Forces. (chosen by RNG).
    Redirect : Choose two planets, swap jedi influence gains made this night on those planets (changes to Assassination after council is dissolved).
    COVER ROLE. To keep up appearances in the Jedi Order, you must act as a Jedi Master. Your cover identity is as follows:
    “You are a Jedi Master and but no longer a Council Member. It is time to step out of the Chambers for good and take the fight to the Sith. Your powers have changed slightly.
    Mentor: Target a knight or padawan. If you die this night and your chosen target is a true Jedi, you may appear to the order and tell the order that your target is aligned with the Light Side (one post in the main thread). Additionally, if you die while mentoring a Jedi, you may talk to any other Council Members that died while Mentoring a Jedi and may be called upon to help the Jedi in other ways. You may also send one message (120 characters) to your original Mentor target (if the target is still alive) each day. If you die while Mentoring a Jedi, you are still in the game and communication rules still apply.
    Protect: Choose any member of the Order. They are protected from the first attack made on their life this night. If their padawan is supporting them, you also protect their padawan. This may only be used one time from now until the end of the game.

Saber
    You are a Sith Saber that has infiltrated the Jedi Order. You have been sickened by the charade of being Jedi for too long. You have finally been called upon to fulfill your mission of disruption, chaos, and death. In order to accomplish that task, you can choose one of the following powers each night:
    Assassination: Choose a Member of the Order. If they are a Council member, you kill them if they are Mentoring. If they are a knight, you kill them if they are Meditating. If they are a padawan, you kill them if they are not supporting their master. If you are supported by a jedi padawan, you use them as a distraction, causing one random jedi padawan to be prevented from using their powers this night.
    Disruption: Choose a planet. Jedi Knights on a mission to this planet will have their total light side influence gain reduced halved, rounded down, cannot be combined with disruption from another Saber. If supported by a jedi padawan, you negate all Knight light side influence gains instead.
    COVER ROLE. To keep up appearances in the Jedi Order, you must act as a Jedi Knight. Your cover identity is as follows:
    “You are a Jedi Knight . You are the backbone of the Jedi. You are needed to protect the citizens of the galaxy and simultaneously root out the Sith in your order. To do that effectively, you can choose one of the following powers each night:

Hand
    You are a Sith Saber that has infiltrated the Jedi Order and are also one of the Hands of the Emperor. You have been sickened by the charade of being Jedi for too long. You have finally been called upon to fulfill your mission of disruption, chaos, and death. Additionally, the Emperor has a special connection with you and is acting through you. If you die, another Saber will be chosen to take your place. In order to accomplish your task, you can choose one of the following powers each night:
    Assassination: Choose a Member of the Order. If they are a Council member, you kill them if they are Mentoring. If they are a knight, you kill them if they are Meditating. If they are a padawan, you kill them if they are not supporting their master. If you are supported by a jedi padawan, you use them as a distraction, causing one random jedi padawan to be prevented from using their powers this night.
    Disruption: Choose a planet. Jedi Knights on a mission to this planet will have their total light side influence gain reduced halved, rounded down, cannot be combined with disruption from another Saber. If supported by a jedi padawan, you negate all Knight light side influence gains instead.
    Fulfill: Fulfill the will of the Emperor by killing (unblockable) any member of the Order. If this power is chosen, you must report to the Emperor the next day (meaning you cannot choose to use any powers the following night).
    COVER ROLE. To keep up appearances in the Jedi Order, you must act as a Jedi Knight. Your cover identity is as follows:
    “You are a Jedi Knight. You are the backbone of the Jedi. You are needed to protect the citizens of the galaxy and simultaneously root out the Sith in your order. To do that effectively, you can choose one of the following powers each night:

Acolyte
    You are a Sith Acolyte that has infiltrated the Jedi Order. You have been sickened by the charade of being Jedi for too long. You have finally been called upon to fulfill your mission of disruption, chaos, and death. In order to accomplish your task, you can choose one of the following powers each night:
    Gather Intel: If your Master is on a mission, negate their influence gains. If your Master is meditating, learn which Member of the Order they meditated on.
    Ascend: If your Master is neither on a mission nor meditating, kill them.
    COVER ROLE. To keep up appearances in the Jedi Order, you must act as a Jedi Padawan. Your cover identity is as follows:
    “You are a Jedi Padawan. You are the youth of the Jedi and are important for the future of the Order. You need to learn from and support your Master. You also need to train and help root out the Sith that have infiltrated the Jedi. To do that effectively, you can choose one of the following powers each night:
    Support: If your Master is on a mission, add one to the light side influence gain to their chosen planet. If your Master is meditating, learn their result. If your Master is a Sith, you run the risk of being used for their purposes.
    Challenge: You may use this ability once for every time you choose to train. Challenge another knight or padawan, they are prevented from using their powers that night.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Rule of Two (SK) <- My favorite roles

Dark Lord of the Sith
    You are the Dark Lord of the Sith. You have found a holocron that has taught you the true ways of the Sith. There should only be Two, one Dark Lord and one apprentice. You followed the Sith Empire in their mission to infiltrate the Order for one purpose: to eliminate both the obsolete Sith Empire and the weak Jedi Order. To accomplish the task of killing the weak and restoring the Sith Order to its rightful place you have many powers and abilities. All kills directed at you go to your apprentice instead. Each night, choose one planet controlled by either the Jedi or Sith (excluding Coruscant), you gain the powers from that planet along with the controlling faction. If control of the planet is lost by either side, you lose the power. In addition, you can choose one of the following powers each night:

Reorganize: Choose a padawan (or knight if there are no padawans) in the Order. If you have an apprentice and that apprentice chose to rise against you or do nothing, kill your apprentice and replace them with the chosen padawan/knight. If you don’t have an apprentice, the chosen padawan becomes your apprentice (attempts at converting certain padawans/knights may result in their death rather than gaining a new apprentice). If your apprentice chose to support you, this power does nothing.
    Assert Control: If your apprentice chose to Rise against you this night or is doing nothing, you force them to submit and they must choose to support you the next night. If your apprentice chose to support you, this power does nothing.
    Cull: Kill any Member of the Order besides your apprentice.

You will be victorious when You are the last person alive in the Order, with or without an apprentice.

Your Apprentice is (Darth name will be chosen soon). He is victorious when he becomes the Dark Lord of the Sith and accomplishes your victory condition. And because you have taught him everything he knows, you know he has the following abilities:

Support: You make your Master’s kill unblockable and undirectable. If your Master targeted a Knight, you also attack their padawan.
    Rise: Choose a padawan (or knight if there are no padawans) in the Order. Kill the Dark Lord of the Sith (you Master) and take his place, losing your old powers and gaining his powers. You then take on the chosen Member of the Order as an apprentice (they gain your old abilities and lose any previous abilities).

COVER ROLE. To keep up appearances, you are acting as a Jedi Knight. You count as always being on a mission for the purposes of your paired padawan’s power. You cover role is as follows:
    “You are a Jedi Knight. You are the backbone of the Jedi. You are needed to protect the citizens of the galaxy and simultaneously root out the Sith in your order. To do that effectively, you can choose one of the following powers each night:

Apprentice
    You are the Apprentice to the Dark Lord of the Sith. You were chosen by the Dark Lord to kill all the weak Jedi and obsolete Sith Empire that have conveniently placed themselves in the Jedi Temple. The Dark Lord has taught you much but you want more power. You are expected to support and serve him. You have other plans, however. Be careful, though, if you try to Rise when your Master expects it, you could be killed or humbled. You can choose from one of the following powers each night:

Support: You make your Master’s kill unblockable and undirectable. If your Master targeted a Knight, you also attack their padawan.
    Rise: Choose a padawan (or knight if there are no padawans) in the Order. Kill the Dark Lord of the Sith (you Master) and take his place, losing your old powers and gaining his powers. You then take on the chosen Member of the Order as an apprentice (they gain your old abilities and lose any previous abilities).

The Dark Lord and your True Master is (Dark Lord name chosen soon).

You will be victorious when you become Lord of the Sith and achieve that role’s victory condition: Be the Last alive, with or without an apprentice.

COVER ROLE. To keep up appearances in the Order, you are acting as a Jedi Padawan. You always count as supporting your Master for the purposes of your Knight/Padawan pairing and will receive Meditation results if your Knight meditates. Your cover identity is as follows:
    “You are a Jedi Padawan. You are the youth of the Jedi and are important for the future of the Order. You need to learn from and support your Master. You also need to train and help root out the Sith that have infiltrated the Jedi. To do that effectively, you can choose one of the following powers each night:

Conditional Roles/Powers

Future of the Jedi
    When there are only two Jedi Padawans alive and at least one successfully dead mentored council member, both padawans will be given the role of Future of the Jedi with the following additional rules:
    Shielded by the Force - You are guarded against the first attack made against you each night. Unblockable attacks can be prevented with two guards (not counting your inherent guard) if directed towards you.
    Guided by the Force - You send one message (through me, anonymously) to all Jedi Council Members who have become one with the Force. (Council members who died while mentoring.) If the majority deem you worthy (Majority dead mentored council member vote), you will be Empowered by the Force. Else, you lose the Future of the Jedi role, powers, and abiliities.
    Empowered by the Force - You may either attack a Member of the Order or learn the role of a Member of the Order.
    Pure - You can not be converted.

Balance-Bringer
    - If the council is ever comprised of 50% or more Sith (including the Dark Lord), a Knight will be given the role of Balance-Bringer, he/she will be told the Council is corrupt and for as long as the Council exists they will be given the additional following rules:
    Force Protection - You are immune to all attacks while the Council exists and is comprised of more than 40% Sith.
    Balance in the Force - You may kill (unblockable) one Council member a night.
    Pure - You can not be converted.

Strike from Within
    Strike From Within: If the Council has not been dissolved and there are no Sith left on the Council OR the Sith Control Coruscant, the remaining Sith may choose to Sabotage the Jedi Temple by sacrificing one sith member (they will be told about this option only if it happens). Any Council members that have 1) not put in orders OR 2) are Mentoring OR 3) are Protecting any Knights not on a mission will be killed. Council members who die this way while mentoring will be blocked from getting any of the benefits of the mentoring power. Remaining Council members live. The council is dissolved. Coruscant no longer gives any powers.

Planet Powers
    Tatooine: Hired Assassins. Choose a Member of the Order to kill each night (unblockable).
    Coruscant: Seat of Power. Initially under Jedi Control and this power is controlled by the council. The council (by majority council decision) may choose to vote out a knight or padawan of their choosing. If Sith take this, it gives them access to Strike from Within (without the requirement to sacrifice a member).
    Hoth: Hideout/Exile. Choose to hide a Member of the Order each night. They may not talk to other members of the Order. They are protected from all attacks (even unblockable attacks) made against them.
    Nal Hutta: Spice Spike. Redirect any powers directed at target Member of the Order to another target Member of the Order. You may choose new targets each night and you may not choose yourself. (Sith may not choose any sith for initial target. SK may not choose themselves or their apprentice for either target).
    Fondor: Fleet Control. Once per night choose a planet, all influence gains made by your side on the chosen planet are doubled.
    Alderaan: Diplomatic Power. Once per night choose a planet, before influence gains are made, reset the planet’s influence back to neutral. If this is used on a planet under control, they lose control unless they end the night at 12 influence on the planet. Alderaan is then reset back to neutral influence.
    Bothuwai: Spy Network. Choose one Member of the Order. Without relying on the force, you gain valuable information on that member of the Order. If they are Sith or Jedi and their role in the Force, the Bothans are sure to know or be able to find out and they will tell you.

Tracking Excel Sheet
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlcjfjQOUf9QdENlMjlfX0lwaFBNYUFWVGc1anFNOXc

ObiFett on
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Well, Rawwking stole most of my thunder when he revealed after being outed by Kime.

I can't believe the village didn't vote out Kime today. I mean, really? I only withheld killing Kime because we wanted to kill the Sith on the council the first couple days, then destroy the network. We assumed Kias was sith, but then I figured out CapFalcon was one of the Sith on the council just based on his posting and also the fact that all the numbers added up funny on our mission front, even accounting for my lack of 2. We concentrated on trying to find Sith and protect the network head so the village would have a chance after the first couple days where the mafia basically were running roughshod. After all, I needed the village to survive long enough for me to kill you all.

Anyways, I let Rawwking kill me on the day I died because I had no idea I was getting elected to the council that night. Had I even had an inkling, I would have gone with my original plan that night of using the unblockable vig from tat on Saber and using Reorganization to grab a new apprentice. So, good job Pecavvi. I had received a message earlier in the day that I was one of the most trusted Jedi from Saber, so I thought I was in the clear. Nope.

Funny thing is Rawwking, I never lied to you about the busdriver. I really couldn't use it on the two of us. The night we protected Saber, I busdrove the mafia kill into what I thought was the other sith on the council. Sorry about that Alegis.

I loved my role and played it to the best of my ability. Here it is:
    You are the Dark Lord of the Sith. You have found a holocron that has taught you the true ways of the Sith. There should only be Two, one Dark Lord and one apprentice. You followed the Sith Empire in their mission to infiltrate the Order for one purpose: to eliminate both the obsolete Sith Empire and the weak Jedi Order. To accomplish the task of killing the weak and restoring the Sith Order to its rightful place you have many powers and abilities. All kills directed at you go to your apprentice instead. Each night, choose one planet controlled by either the Jedi or Sith (excluding Coruscant), you gain the powers from that planet along with the controlling faction. If control of the planet is lost by either side, you lose the power. In addition, you can choose one of the following powers each night:

Reorganize: Choose a padawan (or knight if there are no padawans) in the Order. If you have an apprentice and that apprentice chose to Rise against you or do nothing, kill your apprentice and replace them with the chosen padawan/knight. If you don’t have an apprentice, the chosen padawan becomes your apprentice. If your apprentice chose to support you, this power does nothing.
    Assert Control: If your apprentice chose to Rise against you this night or is doing nothing, you force them to submit and they must choose to support you the next night. If your apprentice chose to support you, this power does nothing.
    Cull: Kill any Member of the Order besides your apprentice.

You will be victorious when you are the last person alive in the Order, with or without an apprentice.

Your Apprentice is Baidol Perio Veris Darth Huggles. He is victorious when he becomes the Dark Lord of the Sith and accomplishes your victory condition. And because you have taught him everything he knows, you know he has the following abilities:

COVER ROLE. To keep up appearances, you are acting as a Jedi Knight. You count as always being on a mission for the purposes of your paired padawan’s power. You cover role is as follows:

You will have successfully defended the galaxy when All Sith have been eliminated from the Order”

It was such a cool role. After I figured I was dead due to Pecavvi's work, I just wanted the SK role to win so I let Rawwking kill me. I was surprised to find out that I could still win if Rawwking or his new apprentice won, so that was pleasing.

Still village, how could you let Kime win?

• Options
    FWIW ObiFett - I know it's a bit late for you to not feel like that - I was never actually attempting to criticize you, just to channel the voice of the character I was playing, casting you as Lucas as a result. Obviously I didn't do that as well as I could have, since not only did you feel bummed but I obfuscated some of the points I was trying to make too much by trying to make it fit the theme of my posts. A LEARNING EXPERIENCE FOR MYSELF!

You know, I told myself that it was a joke post and I tried to not let it bother me. Only thing was that I felt like you were picking at valid issues with the game and comparing it to just epic phallas in the past. Then I got bummed out.

They were amazing posts, tbh. The amount of work that went into them must have been immense. And they were really funny.

I was just bummed that day because I was sure I had screwed up the balance and I was afraid of wasting everyone's time. I just really wanted everyone to have fun!
    I had fun

Really this was the only reason I did this. If you had fun, that makes me very happy. Thank you everyone who played, whether active or inactive.

I also had fun watching everything behind the scenes. If you want some of the highlights, read my day-by-day. There were some hilarious things that happened and major game changing decisions changed at the last minute.

I apologize for any mistakes in hosting I made. I learned alot. Any advice or constructive criticism about any part of the game would be GREATLY appreciated. I personally expected alot more raging about the game after it was over. :P

• Options
    @Assuran

Remember all that worrying you did about being found out through meditations? Check out the Lord's Cloud Minds ability. You were so safe.

• Options
    Balance Bringer would have been scary.

Also, was the Future of the Jedi the extent of the powers the Force ghosts would have had outside of the communication powers?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Which setting was the mafia using for cloud minds anyway?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    From the mafia side of things, we had a lot of potential in terms of our ability to manipulate and strike with the proper knowledge, but we also had a significant deficiency in our inability to mimic the villagers with our actions. With a sufficient action trace, the village can track down mafia quite easily. We were fortunate in the fact that the village was quite loose in giving us enough information to counter their actions and deploy kills with a good pace, though we were less fortunate in keeping undercover, despite the village's flawed beliefs regarding the mafia's abilities. It makes me wonder - did the fact that we could not use the village abilities create a situation where we were more aggressive, promoting our opening for victory? After all, the longer a game goes, the better chances the village has to win.
    I really wanted the Jedi to feel like Jedi focusing on defense, protection, and teamwork. And the Sith needed to feel like Sith focusing on deception, chaos, and most of all death. I expected the Sith to have to be active to stay hidden. Gathering knowledge and then using to cause death since all your abilities required some level of knowledge about what the Jedi were doing.

Not being able to Meditate was by design, do you still think it was it too much of a giveaway for you guys?
    The village also had a lot of good potential with their regenerating specials, though from the outside I cannot quite say how well they were able to leverage this.
    Because of the amount of kills you guys could generate and because one of the main ideas behind this game was to put the weight of responsibility on as many different people's shoulders throughout the game, I felt like the Village needed ways to keep a rotating network head. I did worry that the amount of confirms got to large towards the end of the game, though.
    The resolution of the serial killer pair's conversion ability on special roles has already been noted, and I agree that the target should have been killed instead of the conversion bounced.

Ugh, one of my worst mistakes in the game. I actually thought initially that it would be really cool if the SK could convert mafia, then Egos told me that would be a super bad idea, so I scrambled and went with the worse of two options. In my defense, I felt like giving a player an unexpected response is a bad thing. Since Assuran expected an apprentice, killing someone and not giving him an apprentice is alot more unexpected than just giving him a random apprentice. Afterwards, I changed the role to warn that some padawans are unconvertable and may choose to die instead of become his apprentice.

And thanks for all the compliments. It made me :D

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Which setting was the mafia using for cloud minds anyway?

All Jedi all the time.

They played with doing the opposite, but decided that would give actual information. And also talked about doing Sith one time, but eventually just stayed with all Jedi.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Balance Bringer would have been scary.

Also, was the Future of the Jedi the extent of the powers the Force ghosts would have had outside of the communication powers?
    Even more scary would have been to have the council be more than 50% Sith at any time.

AS far as the force ghost communication powers, they could send one message to their Mentor target a day. And Force ghosts could also talk to any other Force ghost. So, someone like Saber could have kept analyzing the game as a ghost and give the information to either his mentor target if they were still alive, or another ghost whose mentor target was alive and it could have been passed on by that ghost.

I am so sad that mechanic was never fully utilized this game. One of my more favorite ones. I thought for sure the Sword and a Council Member would put two and two together on day one or two and start creating cool confirms that way.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    FYI, Egos was my Jedi Master of hosting and advice this game. While he didn't change the core mechnics at all, he did give me advice that changed some of powers removing alot of the not-good crazy that was in there before.

I hesitated to attach his name to this before, because well I didn't take all of his advice and I worried it would turn into a train wreck and then he would get unrightly blamed along with me.

With that said, Egos helped me by giving me great advice about hosting, a balance look-over, and help while the game was running whenever I freaked out about a decision I was about to make.

THANKS EGOS!

• Options
    Unexpected mechanics are fine, but just because the game turned out in a way either way could go does not mean the game balance couldn't have been improved. If the mafia didn't get that Tatooine kill they would've probably had very little to no chance with the constantly regenerating specials. Adding or subtracting a nightly mafia kill does huge things to game balance as I've said many times in the past.

The way the council works worries me as well, but I'm going to save critique until the full notes are posted.

This is very true and I think was one of the main deciding factors in the game.

• Options
    mascara305mascara305 Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting!

Don't judge me by my failures, but only by my dreams
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I guess I've got a few more notes.

ObiFett, you need to expand the rows on the spreadsheet. I can only see the rows for the final day, which is not so useful for seeing what happened through the entire game with everyone.

Balance Bringer would have totally been scary. And possibly quite unbalancing.

Obtaining Tatooine's Hired Assassins was a great boon to the Sith's effectiveness. Having a stable kill without any conditions did us wonders, and we put a lot of effort into protecting our control of the planet. We're fortunate (again) that Alderaan was used to reset Nal Hutta and not Tatooine.

The interaction between Cloud Minds and Meditate was interesting, though possibly unbalanced. It pretty much forced the Sith to leave one of their Lords on Cloud Minds, because even if we knew that the village was planning on focusing on missions and that they were fully aware of the clouding of results, even a small chance of a Knight going with Meditation against Mission would be potentially disastrous, the information gains would be just too great. We could have taken a risky approach by neglecting Cloud Minds, but I don't think it would have been reasonable. I can see where there would be an opinion where Cloud Minds and Meditate should have been taken out - especially since the situation could have come out where there were no Sith Lords remaining, leaving the Jedi Knights full reign over alignment information.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Can you not unhide rows on Google Excel?