As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Prime] Girls' Meetup: Tickets on sale now

• Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Djiem made the buttons! Tell him this for me '<3'

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    itchbay wrote: »
    alegria wrote: »
    Enigmas wrote: »
    shidoshi wrote: »
    Ahhh, every year it has to be someone.

On a different but similar topic, does the previous ruling for those who are transgender still stand in terms of invitation status?

We're a welcoming group and I don't think any woman who identifies as female would be excluded from the meet-up.

Boys in skirts aren't welcome. Ladies who happen to have nonstandard equipment under their skirts are perfectly welcome and I'd love to meet you. :)

^ This.

I've always held that this is a girls meetup, not a cisfemale meetup and anyone who disagrees is welcome to piss right off.

Which is probably the number one reason I love this meet-up! I'm sooooo in again this year!

Yeah, I will just never understand the mindset that a person's entire identity and being is wrapped up in that one tiny portion of their body. I won't lie that I squee'd a little bit at the 'open to all...chromosome arrangement' portion of the who's invited. =)

Even if this does conflict with the steampunk panel. ~sniffle~

• Options
    anifirebirdanifirebird Registered User regular
    Permitting I make a little bit of extra money, I am coming to this!

• Options
    EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    We are up to 32 tickets! Also, if any ladies think they will be unable to come to this event due to extreme financial hardship, drop me a PM. One of our wonderful attendees has offered to cover the ticket for someone who can't afford it. Just another reminder of how amazing this community is. <3

Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    Katie85Katie85 Registered User regular
    Getting my ticket tonight- WOOO!!!

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Welp, gonna miss Pitch Your Game, but I stand by my assertion that we're more fun.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    clethraclethra Registered User regular
    Thinking about coming to this as this sounds much cooler than anything else on the schedule. As far as food, though, do you know what they'll be serving? I'm a vegan and I'm used to having to pre-eat / bring in my own snacks, but this is especially important if I'm going to get see if mimosas turn me into a lady-like drunk or not. :)

• Options
    kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    Welp, gonna miss Pitch Your Game, but I stand by my assertion that we're more fun.

Come pitch your game to us instead. We'll play "The XX Factor", and nominate attendees to play Simon, Demi, Brittney, and L.A.

We promise to be much, much more harsh with our criticism. ;)

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    kemikal wrote: »

Come pitch your game to us instead. We'll play "The XX Factor", and nominate attendees to play Simon, Demi, Brittney, and L.A.

We promise to be much, much more harsh with our criticism. ;)

I wouldn't mind having a game pitched to me =)

• Options
    Oh man, a game having people try to pitch those old "girl" games from the 80s to a panel would be awesome. Come, sell me on Girl Talk. Explain how this is a good idea.

Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    Oh man, a game having people try to pitch those old "girl" games from the 80s to a panel would be awesome. Come, sell me on Girl Talk. Explain how this is a good idea.

If someone brings Mall Madness, I will play it. I will play the *shit* out of it.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    Enigmas wrote: »

If someone brings Mall Madness, I will play it. I will play the *shit* out of it.

I would so play it with you. For the lulz. =D

• Options
    phoophoo Registered User regular
    Hah! I will date myself by mentioning a very early talking game (which made it a novelty): You are Barbie, and you sit and wait in the house for Ken to call and ask you out, then you try on various clothing and hope that Ken makes good on his offer. Most of the time, he'll call back and change the venue. What a dick.

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Curse you, Perry the Platypus!

Khoo and A Part Deux got moved to Sunday morning at 10:30. SAD!!!!!!! I made a commitment on here, though and I am sticking to it.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Curse you, Perry the Platypus!

Khoo and A Part Deux got moved to Sunday morning at 10:30. SAD!!!!!!! I made a commitment on here, though and I am sticking to it.

Well...at least I know what my hubby will be doing while I am hanging out with the ladies. Sucks that Khoo got moved that was one of the few panels I was hoping to see.

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    To the ladies that have been to this before, how long are you usually there? Hubby and I are looking at the schedule to decide if we want to hit a panel or two that day but I don't want to have to take off early. My thought is probably somewhere around 12:30-1ish to meet back up with him, but I don't know.

• Options
    Fenrisfang wrote: »
    To the ladies that have been to this before, how long are you usually there? Hubby and I are looking at the schedule to decide if we want to hit a panel or two that day but I don't want to have to take off early. My thought is probably somewhere around 12:30-1ish to meet back up with him, but I don't know.

I'd say that we generally wrap up between 11:30 and 12:00 depending on how chatty people are feeling.

• Options
    sleepygeckossleepygeckos Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Well, I figured I could miss the Steam Punk panel... but can I really eat fast enough to get back in time for Wil? :P This is a serious consideration for someone of my age! LOL I think I can make both, now gotta wait for the credit card bill to have the final say. Boo economy, boo!

(It is kinda weird, there are very few panels I find myself wanting to watch... but hey, apparently I got "Wife Aggro" taken out via twitter random rant! O_o )

sleepygeckos on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I wish you all the best of luck if you want to do Wil. The line caps about five minutes after the line for the PRIOR panel heads in (I SO wish I am joking on this.) Unless he is the first one of the day at that theater, then you should line up probably around...now.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I am *really* disappointed that I'll miss the Khoo & A. Any chance we can convince them to move it again? I mean, how sad will Khoo be if some number of possible groupies can't attend? :(

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    I wish you all the best of luck if you want to do Wil. The line caps about five minutes after the line for the PRIOR panel heads in (I SO wish I am joking on this.) Unless he is the first one of the day at that theater, then you should line up probably around...now.

I'm trying to get my hubby to line up for Wil while I am enjoying brunch. Then I (might, maybe....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!) get the best of both worlds. lol!

• Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I am *really* disappointed that I'll miss the Khoo & A. Any chance we can convince them to move it again? I mean, how sad will Khoo be if some number of possible groupies can't attend? :(

Seriously since he said it won't be done again. :(

courtneyj on
  • Options
    strttrknstrttrkn Registered User regular
    Woot! My tickets are bought! & why does PAX hate me? Wil Wheaton is my favorite panel (note I said panel, not activity) There's no way I want to cut this awesome event short to go stand in line. Oh well. There's always next year for him. :)

"So, she's added cussing and hurling about of things to her repertoire. She really is a prodigy."05UDUCa.png
  • Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    Wow...guess I can only be at the girls meetup for like a half hour before I have to go stand in line to see Wil. Sad. :(

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm not going to miss Khoo & A, but I'd be willing to transfer my ticket to another lovely woman free of charge.

• Options
    MarciaWebbMarciaWebb Super Awesome Me Jacksonville, FloridaRegistered User regular
    I bought two tickets, not sure who I'll snag and take with me, but I'd love to come have breakfast with more girly gamers.

• Options
    Do I need to print the ticket? Or can I just use the email on my phone? :O COMING TO THIS!

• Options
    Haha, no need to worry anifirebird. I'll have a list of everyone's names if you don't have your ticket on you. n.n

• Options
    Yaaaaaaaaaaay I am *so excite* right now!

• Options
    arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    Ooo looks like someone already beat me to it, I didn't print my ticket either. Do we need anything at the door or just tell you our name? Also... Can I confirm I am on the list? I lost a lot of my email lately due to mixups with accounts with the bf.

I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Well, after spending about 6 hours making my Dalek dress, I've given up - the silver fabric I'm using is too stretchy - I should have put iron on fusing on the back of it but I've only just thought of that :( I'm setting off for PAX on Saturday morning and I've got far too much to do tomorrow. Ah well, maybe next time, I'll stick with my tiara! It would have been too easy to spot me for the Assassins' Ball anyway!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    Nooo!! You have to wear your Dalek dress! I'm going in a TARDIS dress! I need a mate!!

I should go.
  • Options
    Nooo!! You have to wear your Dalek dress! I'm going in a TARDIS dress! I need a mate!!
    Not Exactically cosplay (not at all) but I will be wearing my Pony Doctors shirt!

• Options
    Not Exactically cosplay (not at all) but I will be wearing my Pony Doctors shirt!

It still counts!! And where do you get such a magical and awesome shirt from!?

Anyone else dressing up for the brunch?

I made my dress just for the brunch cause I wanted to be nerdy and girly at the same time.
    It also gave me an excuse to buy the dress cause it was the perfect color and I have been wanting to do a nerd themed dress for a while...

I should go.
  • Options
    niyaniya Registered User regular
    Yay! I'm all set! Excited to see everyone again~

• Options
    MarciaWebbMarciaWebb Super Awesome Me Jacksonville, FloridaRegistered User regular
    I'd love to dress up but I'm not allowed to cosplay or wear gaming related shirts when I'm working an event...POOO!!!

• Options
    I am desperately sad. I was going to wear my self-rescuing princess t-shirt, but I appear to have forgotten to pack it. =/

I may have to resort to 1-Upcake instead. =P

(OMG so excited this is only a week away!)

• Options
    PrincessCleoPrincessCleo Registered User regular
    So, I haven't bought my ticket yet. Why? I'm concerned about the food. I can't eat anything that contains gluten. With things being buffet style there's a high risk of contamination. Plus, many restaurants/kitchens don't have separate preparation/cooking areas for their gluten free products. I could find nothing on The Diller Room's website about having gluten free options. I don't know that I would be able to eat any of the food that would be provided, therefore I don't know that I can justify paying $17 to just come hang out with you ladies for a few hours. I'm really bummed about this because I was really looking forward to attending again. :cry:

• Options
    i3felicityi3felicity Registered User new member
    Just got my ticket. This'll be my first time at the meetup (and first time at PAX, for that matter).

• Options
    KryptaraKryptara Registered User regular
    Yay! Just bought my ticket and am looking forward to brunch. I wasn't able to make it to the meetup 2 years ago because it conflicted with my Enforcer shift but this year I get to ditch leave my baby with my husband and go hang out with wonderful PAX ladies. Awesome awesome!

This discussion has been closed.