As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TERA] This thread under questioning by child protection services. Check the new one.

• Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    They aren't taking awhile the roll? They're just giving the warrior more tank-like abilities to have more option of just having a lancer as the sole tank position.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    pushed the button for
    @Elucida who brings us Sylvinae
    Sidotsy's alt Cissia
    @MASeffect brings us an alt, Loye

Rejected Incindra

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Warriors can already tank as is, this gives them something to use if their dodge is unavailable or they know they can take the hit. If they got Lancer block then, well, why even have Lancers?

Warriors actually can't really tank endgame/hardmode dungeons. Some think they can, but they are really more just a liability right now. After the change they should be far more viable, but again, I think the fact that the skill threshold and equipment threshold will be much higher will make them still too much effort unless they somehow open some kind of amazing speedrun setup. (Which I doubt, most of the bosses are pretty set in their ways, and the new 'end' boss is going to be all phase-y, so I dont really see warriors shining in that situation either.)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    oh mannnnn those leather fur coats are freaking awesome.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    flapjackflapjack Registered User regular
    Been super busy at work recently but I just submitted everything this week so Asher should be back in action shortly. How've things been going the past couple of weeks?

• Options
    @flapjack
    For me, the same boat as you haha. Looking forward to having you back, Asher

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    Axe block amount is total balls, so if warriors swords have similar block amounts, they still wont be face tanking anything serious. Least with the change to stamina they should be able to rock those high level dungeons though.

Still I wonder if they plan to add warriors to the tank queue. I rather hope not. That will only end in tears. (For every 1 warrior who comes in with proper tanking gear and crystals, I'd wager there will be five or six in deeps setup who just use it for the quicker queue and make it painful for all involved.)

the queues for dungeons while I'm leveling is around an hour+ right now so I'd really welcome more tanks into the mix

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Longtime lurker, rarely post but always enjoy reading these forums.

I have a lvl 45 warrior on Feral Valley but the group of friends I started paying with have been sucked up by Diablo 3 and I'm thinking of rerolling on Dragonfall to play with you guys since you seem to have a really cool thing going here. I would really appreciate it if anyone with an Amani Male has turned in the the vanity items and wouldn't mind posting a screenshot. I'm debating making another Amani or going with Popori and I've yet to see an Amani with these items equipped. I'm worried they will look ridiculous.

Before you think about re-rolling.... have you noticed that they have server transfers? I don't know if the free ones are still going on, but it might be worth looking into with a character that high level.

But either way, another PAer in the guild is always a good thing. :)

• Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    I just started a Popori Archer to try out the class. Pretty fun so far but only lvl 6, Arrow Hail and Charging Shot are bad ass. The Popori animations are hilarious.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Axe block amount is total balls, so if warriors swords have similar block amounts, they still wont be face tanking anything serious. Least with the change to stamina they should be able to rock those high level dungeons though.

Still I wonder if they plan to add warriors to the tank queue. I rather hope not. That will only end in tears. (For every 1 warrior who comes in with proper tanking gear and crystals, I'd wager there will be five or six in deeps setup who just use it for the quicker queue and make it painful for all involved.)

the queues for dungeons while I'm leveling is around an hour+ right now so I'd really welcome more tanks into the mix

My arc queues for NT are about 30ish min max. :o

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Longtime lurker, rarely post but always enjoy reading these forums.

I have a lvl 45 warrior on Feral Valley but the group of friends I started paying with have been sucked up by Diablo 3 and I'm thinking of rerolling on Dragonfall to play with you guys since you seem to have a really cool thing going here. I would really appreciate it if anyone with an Amani Male has turned in the the vanity items and wouldn't mind posting a screenshot. I'm debating making another Amani or going with Popori and I've yet to see an Amani with these items equipped. I'm worried they will look ridiculous.

Before you think about re-rolling.... have you noticed that they have server transfers? I don't know if the free ones are still going on, but it might be worth looking into with a character that high level.

But either way, another PAer in the guild is always a good thing. :)

Server transfers have been to similar types. Thought Feral Valley was one of the four PVP servers which would then disqualify a character for a jump to Dragonfall.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I still have yet to fling myself into the abyss that is the dungeon finder.

However, one of the BoL groups I ran in last night was missing a healer, so we used the DF to pick up one of them (happened instantly). He was fine, I asked him not to go crazy with targeted heals and he actually listened! From that point on he only used them on me a couple times and mostly just dropped health balls, and there was very little damage being taken by anyone other than me.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Also, those all black armors look absolutely fucking stupid on Elin.

True, but this

V1o3Y.jpg

This looks epic badass. it my favorite armor in the game! :D

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Also, those all black armors look absolutely fucking stupid on Elin.

True, but this

V1o3Y.jpg

This looks epic badass. it my favorite armor in the game! :D

It's really *just* the elin that I think it looks lame on.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Also, Elin look absolutely fucking stupid.

Fixed. :P

Excision on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Excision wrote: »
    Also, Elin look absolutely fucking stupid.

Fixed. :P

Eh, cutsey isn't really my thing either. But those new armors just prove that you can't take something sickeningly cutesey and make it suddenly look badass by dressing it up like a Sith Lord.

• Options
    rpshoggothrpshoggoth Registered User regular
    I am pretty stoked on these changes. I rolled a warrior mainly because I wanted to tank and additional tools to do so are very welcome. I love the incredible difficulty curve and look forward to showing people that it can be done. Between having an honest to goddness block, the % damage reduction from several very fast acting attacks, solid aggro tools and DFA/Dodge, the only thing we're missing are reliable interrupts.

Is that still a thing, because almost every pug lancer I have run into has been absolute balls at controlling bosses running all over the place.

As for allowing warriors to queue as tanks ruining groups, I'm at 50/50 with the queue popping and the whole thing being a waste anyway.

You know, my warrior was the first toon I rolled and my kids helped make her. We were going for the killer rabbit thing (ala TV Tropes) as opposed to the roricon thing, so every time I get a new piece of gear that covers just a little more, it's a good thing.

• Options
    Darth Sugarplum

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I would really appreciate it if anyone with an Amani Male has turned in the the vanity items and wouldn't mind posting a screenshot.
    According to the linked thread the items are soulbound, not BoP, so you can just claim them and use Ctrl-right click to preview them on a character, then toss them in the bank to preview them on another.

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Zzulu wrote: »

My arc queues for NT are about 30ish min max. :o

I just gave up on a queue which had been going on for 1hr 37min. It's ridiculous

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    TierwulfTierwulf Registered User regular
    I had to sit in a 15 second queue with Lyndon once. It was starting to aggravate me. I will accept nothing short of instant which fortunately all but that one have been so.

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
  • Options
    JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    Qualify 'very early'. I had to auto-attack non-stop just to have enough mana to block and taunt. Boss does his little jog through me and half my mana is gone.

Uhm, through maybe BoL? Shouldn't be an issue by the time you're in SM unless your tanking pattern is messed up. Otherwise run an MP gem or two while tanking if its really that much of a problem for you. Or use the mana reducing glyph for Shield Counter or taunt. I use the +20% mana for my Chain Attack glyph, maybe thats why?

• Options
    JediNight wrote: »
    Qualify 'very early'. I had to auto-attack non-stop just to have enough mana to block and taunt. Boss does his little jog through me and half my mana is gone.

Uhm, through maybe BoL? Shouldn't be an issue by the time you're in SM unless your tanking pattern is messed up. Otherwise run an MP gem or two while tanking if its really that much of a problem for you. Or use the mana reducing glyph for Shield Counter or taunt. I use the +20% mana for my Chain Attack glyph, maybe thats why?

According to the guide I looked at, that glyph is close to mandatory.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    @Beezel Might want to add this to the OP. Some neat tricks people might not know.

TERA Europe: 30 Tips & Tricks you might not know. - 19th May 2012

I can't seem to embed this, bah.

Excision on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    On my mystic I had a four hour queue for Labyrinth of Terror. It would have been longer, but the game tossed up a message and dumped me out of the instance matching.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    naturalchaosnaturalchaos Registered User regular
    They really need to have a second class that can queue as tank because the queue times are ridiculous. As an archer my average queue time is about an hour, far above the listed wait time which is usually around 15 minutes. While leveling it's not that big of a deal since you can just quest while you wait but, come end game I can see the wait causing a lot of people to just quit playing, which won't be good for anyone.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Yeah, I just waited an hour for GL and I'm afraid to level because I think 52 is the max you can use the queue for and I'm about to ding 53. I don't want the hassle of not being about to queue. Ugh. I'll log back in later and try again when hopefully more people are on.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    @Radiation brings us a character named Cathiren.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Tierwulf wrote: »
    I had to sit in a 15 second queue with Lyndon once. It was starting to aggravate me. I will accept nothing short of instant which fortunately all but that one have been so.

I know right? That was rough.

Speaking of, did you ever finish the Killian/Thulsa/Kelsiak storyline? i still need to kill Kelsiak.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    The real mana issues with Lancer come not from losing mana to blocking per se, but that the later bosses attack so often, that you don't have a chance to build mana with Chain Attacks much at all. You get time for either a Shield Counter or 2 Chain attack swings between their swings, if that at times. So you get to choose between generating threat or regaining mana.

I guess thats where the mana regen abilities from Priest/Mystic would come in handy. Or try to have the Mystic drop a mana skittle or two nearish to your tanking position.

• Options
    Running BoL with Mystic healers twice last night has really left me questioning whether I want to bother leveling my priest.

Can it get any better than a Mystic?

• Options
    MaywindMaywind Registered User regular
    Running BoL with Mystic healers twice last night has really left me questioning whether I want to bother leveling my priest.

One word: Nexus.

Steam: Maywind
    Tera: Cutie, Cutiepie on Tempest Reach
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    Tanking BAMs on warrior is so incredibly fun. I can't wait until they get block!

On an unrelated note, I just hit 25 on my first character. Is there anything I should be taking time out to do? I ran the BoL instance a few times, got some glyphs and gather pretty much everything I see. I haven't really done any crafting yet though. Is it something I should be levelling as I go, or is it like other MMOs where it's much more efficient to just power through it later on?

sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Dangerous wrote: »
    I haven't really done any crafting yet though. Is it something I should be levelling as I go, or is it like other MMOs where it's much more efficient to just power through it later on?

Honestly, crafting in this game doesn't seem to work very well (it's a bit too "Korean" at the moment), and the gear you make at the beginning gets replaced so quickly it's not really worth it. I did have somebody begging the other day for somebody to craft the level 35 armor for their Lancer, though, so I suspect the gear is actually fairly good for its level, and therefore potentially useful, by that point. But it's pretty expensive to keep up with crafting from the beginning, and you get exponentially more money as you level so it's way easier to level later on (crafting requires plenty of vendor mats, no matter how much you gather). But even if you have cash, if you want to make gear for yourself rather than just level crafting, you still need like a billion runes that drop from BAMs and dungeon mobs and all to make one piece. Okay, okay, I guess from reviewing the recipes you don't need all THAT many runes early on, but by the time you hit 250 you need like 20+ of one rune and 8 of another, plus vendor mats, plus the top tier of gathered mats, to make one piece. And you can't even level off of making raw mats into crafted ones after that point either (making fibers into cloth, ore into bars, etc.). If you're really married to the idea of crafting (keep in mind that I, Faboo, am aiming to become the most glorious guild crafter ever and will make everything for everyone) you might want to wait until you level a little more so you have more cash to start with.

Regarding keeping up with stuff, hmm... I would say, make sure you keep track of whether you can use a new glyph when you level. And stock up on glyphs you're sure you'll want before you actually have enough points for them so you can just add them in when you gain enough points. Other than that, I guess just keep practicing dodging and your skills that help you take less damage, pretty much. And keep up with your gathering (you already are) because while it's not hard to keep it up if you do get behind, it's also time-consuming because you sit there failing to gather the same node like ten times. And you get NOTHING, GOOD DAY SIR if you fail on a Plentiful node.

In other news, this is probably helpful advice, and is totally worth a watch even if it isn't:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp4vaGFwIuM

Essee on
  • Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular

I saw that earlier and it makes me happy as that is the dps class I've been leveling!

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I was in queue with a lancer and had to wait almost 10 minutes.

of course it was for that dungeon.. before GL that was complete ass and after running it I knew why no one runs it.

This discussion has been closed.