As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TERA] This thread under questioning by child protection services. Check the new one.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    So, since I'm gonna be joining in on the tuesdays, I'm downloading the launcher. I THINK I've already got a level 1 character, but I need to ask...

Does the launcher have a pause function when I'm downloading the game? Cause I'm not seeing it, and I've had games just flat out not have this option, and closing the launcher means you have to restart the entire download. I would like to not have to do this, since at 25%, I still have a literal day left on the download.

I wondered how that would work too, so I just went for the torrent download option. Last night. Only just got the thing installed.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    @heenato‌ I heartily recommend the torrent option for downloading the Tera installer.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I don't like using torrents unless I have to. I just find 'em kinda annoying.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    You can also install it through Raptr if you have that. Pretty sure that does it Steam-like, where it will resume where it leaves off.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Can we add people to the group who may want to sub? Looking @Buttcleft and a few others that wanted in but didn't get in.
    Especially useful as schedules start getting fucked.

PSN: jfrofl
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Tuesday players: be sure and check the Group homepage on Steam. Time slots and role assignments are all posted.

:)

Hail Pinkdra!

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Kalnaur
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2014
    I have kung fu on Tuesdays, but I fully support this endeavor.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    edited October 2014
    Guild name discussion posted in steam group page thingie, since I don't think we're going to get WANG back.

Which I think would be a decent place to drop alts and shit into anyways, so it wont be closed to non-TTT members.

Radiation on
    So, what's the difficulty ratio between Lancer and Warrior tanking? I made a warrior for TTT but I'm not 100% on that yet. How good are the tells for when to move the fuck out of the way?

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    So, what's the difficulty ratio between Lancer and Warrior tanking? I made a warrior for TTT but I'm not 100% on that yet. How good are the tells for when to move the fuck out of the way?

Warriors have blocks now, and are much more active. Lancers are fun too though. They're both acceptable, but lancer is much easier with the focus on blocks.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    I have had a shit ton of fun with my lancer. Much more than with my warrior. YMMV.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    terascreenshot201205212.jpg

Perhaps I ought to put a day or so aside for this? FFXIV is just so good though, it's hard!

Radiation
    Warriors get super fun around the mid 30s, when you get more combos and stuff. Also your leaping evasion stuff.

n1woEHJ.png
    Pepper.Jack ... <3 that name!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I've got my Lancer to 45. The class was always fun but somewhere around mid-30's I got all my tools and could run from group to group just murderating everything before me.

I am interested to level the Warrior, farthest I have levelled that class was mid-20's. I'd say the Warrior is fun in different ways than the Lancer. More "neener-neener can't hit me" instead of the Lancers "hah! was that your best shot! It tickled."

steam_sig.png
    I can't seem to log in. I reset my password and tried logging in and got the account armor notice. Typed in the account armor code from the E-Mail and now when I type in my mail and password it just restarts the launcher.

• DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    I was having some issues with the launcher restarting itself just a bit ago. I thought it was the Steam shortcut I just made, and successfully launched it directly right after, but maybe they're having some server issues?

Well, I'll probably stick Warrior, since that's closer to how I play Monster Hunter anyways (SnS all the way). I don't think lancers in this suffer the issues of doing no damage because always chasing the target though, so who knows. I have a week to decide anyways.

Ianator
    edited October 2014
    You may just want to mess around with a character, for a bit. Starter island doesn't take that long. Unfortunately most classes get fleshed out later down the road, but just putting 30 min into a class and then remaking may not be a terable (I'm not sorry) idea.
    Delete and reroll for Tuesday.

Radiation on
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    You may just want to mess around with a character, for a bit. Starter island doesn't take that long. Unfortunately most classes get fleshed out later down the road, but just putting 30 min into a class and then remaking may not be a terable (I'm not sorry) idea.
    Delete and reroll for Tuesday.

If you're the kind of person who cares about such things (I am), doing this also allows one to take a look at some of the animations of the race/class combo.

steam_sig.png
    CorriganX
    edited October 2014
    Reinstalled.

Edit: So I see that nine people have logged in to WANG in the last month. The guild leader logged in today.

Further Edit: I really don't remember how to play this any more.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I can't seem to log in. I reset my password and tried logging in and got the account armor notice. Typed in the account armor code from the E-Mail and now when I type in my mail and password it just restarts the launcher.

I had this problem as well tonight. Did a Google search and there have apparently been many others who also have had this issue, and there isn't a definite solution to be found. I tried all of the tricks that various people have come up with and eventually ended up in a state where the patcher wouldn't work.. it would get 'Denied Access' errors, so I decided to just blow away the whole thing and re-install.

Apparently, it's going to take a day to complete? This seems odd, as I have a solid internet connection. Not sure what the hold-up is.

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    the download was very slow for me. i did direct but it sounds like that or torrent just aren't speedy. there may be some built in throttle on en masse side of things.

I torrented it overnight and into the next day. I think about 12 hours in all. Which I had to do because some program file or another was missing and it wouldn't let me just use the fix option.

steam_sig.png

• BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Did the full launcher which downloaded the whole thing in around 4 hours

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I like my Lancer, but solo he just feels like a shade of my Zerker. Zerker pile-drives through enemy groups, chopping them up as they bounce off his armour while the Lancer feels like he'll trip and fall on a twig. Oh no, a tiny bug landed on me, perform fall-on-ass maneuver and take way too much damage!

Also, I swear the Zerker block box is bigger. With my Lancer I have repeatedly been hit by boss attacks that landed slightly behind me (with them in front of me), while the Zerker had no such issues, and I played the same dungeon back to back on both.

Reinstalled.

Edit: So I see that nine people have logged in to WANG in the last month. The guild leader logged in today.

Further Edit: I really don't remember how to play this any more.

Goddamnit! I added him to friends list to try and send message.
    Actually I suppose I could've just sent a mail thingie...

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Life? in this thread?

my heart...

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    Pixelated PixieRadiationMaguano
    Yeah, dragged over from the Steam thread, but it looks like people do still have interest in this game!

I restarted the download last night, and it picked up basically from where it left off (around 20%) and started moving much faster, so I guess that's something to try. I then went to bed and when I woke up this morning, it was all patched up and ready to go.

I went ahead and logged in for a bit to get acquainted with all my old characters, and even played my Zerker for a little while... still crushes everything as efficiently as I remember! She's only level 26, derping around Popori-ville, but that's probably around where many of my characters are (or lower) because I'm so bad at deciding what to play.

All of my characters are in the 20-30 range, derping around Popori-ville... because the alt-itis is strong in me! :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Since I have only two character slots, and one is taken up by my level 41 Sorcerer, I am wondering: are Archers DPS as well?

steam_sig.png

So is the max characters available per server 8 or 12?

I've got 8 due to founder status, but having another 1-2 might be handy. Though I keep seeing the different numbers about max slots per server.

steam_sig.png
    edited October 2014
    d-double post.

d-dangit.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Since I have only two character slots, and one is taken up by my level 41 Sorcerer, I am wondering: are Archers DPS as well?

Yes?

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX wrote: »

Yes?

Well, I've only played 1 character the entire time I've played it, since the character slots are so limited and I don't spend money on F2P games as a general rule. So I honestly have no idea what the other classes do, other than Sorcerers. ;)

steam_sig.png

edited October 2014

I've got 8 due to founder status, but having another 1-2 might be handy. Though I keep seeing the different numbers about max slots per server.

They upped it from 8 to 12 when they added the Reaper.
    (edit: link)

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~

Yes?

Well, I've only played 1 character the entire time I've played it, since the character slots are so limited and I don't spend money on F2P games as a general rule. So I honestly have no idea what the other classes do, other than Sorcerers. ;)

I would be mildly embarrassed to know the amount of money I've given Tera. Between playing before it was F2P, subbing a few months here and there, and buying EMP like candy... ouch.

I don't really understand the "won't spend money on F2P games" mentality though. Not specifically you, Kalnaur - I have heard this sentiment quite a few times in places. I mean, if you like the game enough to put serious time in it, spending money on it in some fashion is the only way to support it. Why would you not support something you enjoy and thereby tacitly suggest you would like "more of this sort of thing please and thank you very much"?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~

They upped it from 8 to 12 when they added the Reaper.
    (edit: link)

Cool, I saw that link but most other sources (including the EnMass store) had 8 as the max. Didn't want to buy an extra slot if it wouldn't be usable. :smile:

steam_sig.png
    I'm with Pink... TERA is a great game, and if you like a game, there's nothing wrong with supporting it just because it happens to allow you to play it for free. I'm not even the least bit ashamed of what I've spent on TERA, as I too bought it at launch, have paid sub fees (including one month after it went F2P, in order to try out the bennies you get), and bought store items to play Pretty Princess Dress Up. Not that I would ever suggest you should pay if you don't want to, as that's also the point of F2P, but it's complete silliness to be against supporting a game as a rule.

I had no idea that the number of characters per server had been upped to 12, either... that is news which surely doth not bode well for my altitis.

Yes?

I would be mildly embarrassed to know the amount of money I've given Tera. Between playing before it was F2P, subbing a few months here and there, and buying EMP like candy... ouch.

I don't really understand the "won't spend money on F2P games" mentality though. Not specifically you, Kalnaur - I have heard this sentiment quite a few times in places. I mean, if you like the game enough to put serious time in it, spending money on it in some fashion is the only way to support it. Why would you not support something you enjoy and thereby tacitly suggest you would like "more of this sort of thing please and thank you very much"?

I won't be able to answer for others, but for myself, if I have to choose between, for example, a 5 dollar character slot in an F2P game or two 2.50 dollar games on Steam that I want, I'm more likely to choose the games. I'm also more likely to eventually grind for gold to buy things like bank and bag extensions, character slots and the like, which are the only things that really interest me in F2P games.

This is mainly because of my limited funds, but I have thought more than once about just picking up a Boxed Copy of TERA from Amazon. I think for me micro-transactions give me the feeling of being conned into spending more money than I might otherwise spend on a game. 20-30 dollars, depending on the game, ok. If it's a really great game, I can even see spending 40-60 (for example, I would get more than my money's worth out of paying for Legendary Skyrim at 60), but only if I have the means. Otherwise, it's going to be, "the cheaper the better" (which is why I bought Skyrim Legendary on Steam for 20 bucks).

Just personally, I find myself more inclined to pay 20 bucks as a lump sum and get most/all content for a game instead of nickle-and-diming myself through a cash shop. Perhaps if I were making any money at all, or enough to not care how much I spent here and there, things would be different. But on a limited scale of funds mainly from gifts and a few odd art jobs, I have to really take any and all chance of a discount. So if a game is solid and can be played for free, I'm more likely to play it for free than to put money into it not because I don't want to, but because it gives me a chance to save money for something else and so I make do.

steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.