As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TERA] This thread under questioning by child protection services. Check the new one.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Okay. "I can't really afford to" is understandable and definitely sounds better than "I won't as a rule" which suggests you could if you were so inclined.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Okay. "I can't really afford to" is understandable and definitely sounds better than "I won't as a rule" which suggests you could if you were so inclined.

Yeah, I commonly fail to include half of what I'm thinking. The "I won't as a rule" should be, "I don't as a rule because in the grand game of budgeting and not being able to afford certain things, F2P games will always get the short shrift unless and until I am making enough that they don't".

Which also means once I get my rig back it's back to the grindstone so I can maybe make some of that sweet, sweet money. :wink:

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I wish I could afford another character slot, would be nice to not have to delete a 30ish character for TTT :p

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Kalnaur
    CorriganX wrote: »
    I wish I could afford another character slot, would be nice to not have to delete a 30ish character for TTT :p

Surely with all those high-levels you've told me about, you have enough in-game gold to just buy a slot from someone through the trade broker?

If not, let me know. I might have something...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~

Surely with all those high-levels you've told me about, you have enough in-game gold to just buy a slot from someone through the trade broker?

I'm not sure how much Corrigan has, but the last time I checked they were 8-10k gold to just outright buy off the AH. And I know that as a mainly solo player, my Sorcerer has all of, like, 400 gold? Not sure if that's normal, I have been screwing around with crafting this whole time . . .

steam_sig.png

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular

I too may have a something. Steam chat me when I get home Pixie!

PSN: jfrofl

I've got about 600-700g in the bank, The cheapest slots are 9800 gold buy out, or about 8000 for offer.

n1woEHJ.png
    How are you so broke? I mean, my highest level character is 30 or 31 and she's carting around 12,000 gold. At one point I had 40 or 50k in the bank (before I blew a huge chunk costuming my lancer).

Anyway, yeah, I'll see what I can do when I get home. Or maybe Radiation has something.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I have..1.5g.

Rich bastards.

How are you so broke? I mean, my highest level character is 30 or 31 and she's carting around 12,000 gold. At one point I had 40 or 50k in the bank (before I blew a huge chunk costuming my lancer).

Anyway, yeah, I'll see what I can do when I get home. Or maybe Radiation has something.

I played a long time ago before it went f2p and they had a ridiculous increase in inflation. :p

n1woEHJ.png
    As for me and broke, I've probably spent about 500g on crafting all tolled, so at one point I had about 1k, but that's my max.

I need a lot of potions and such though. Soloing as a sorcerer is not cheap. :wink:

steam_sig.png

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Damn this thread. Reinstalling. Now that dungeons have solo versions my Zerker won't be stuck sitting around for hours, waiting for the dungeon finder queue to pop (the tears of DPS everywhere).

I think to progress story you still need to do the non single mode of the instance.

Kalnaur
    Yeah, the solo dungeons are a total waste of time. The loot is pooh, the enemies are ultra wimpy, and you don't get quest progress.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    JaysonFour
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Seriously? Craaaap I was so looking forward to solo dungeons. I remember hearing about it back when that feature was added and thinking, 'holy shit that is such an awesome thing!'. Of course it didn't bring me back to the game at the time, but it's been one of the features I've kept in mind that made me want to return at some point.

Now I'm sad.

Yeah, I was crushed when I went through the solo BOL the first time and realized how it worked.

So I took my revenge on it and solo'd the group BOL instead. <3 Lancers.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    JaysonFourJazz
    Yeah, I was crushed when I went through the solo BOL the first time and realized how it worked.

So I took my revenge on it and solo'd the group BOL instead. <3 Lancers.

Yeah, Sorcs aren't Solo material . . . I sort of wish I had a pet of some sort to take hits or a faster recharge on my "Get the fuck out of the way" ability.

steam_sig.png

edited October 2014
    I wouldn't be opposed to running people through things on my priest. Should be able to handle up to 40ish stuff.

Radiation on
    Maguano
    Radiation wrote: »
    I wouldn't be opposed to running people through things on my priest.

In that same vein, while monsters more than 5-6 levels higher than me can kick my ass like no tomorrow, pretty much everything else dies in a literal fire, and if our teams feel the good old fashioned need for "Moar Firepower", I have no qualms about loading up "Jubbles McLights-Shit-On-Fire" (otherwise known as Luinaur the Sorcerer High-Elf) to assist in the draggy bits of the game.

The more I think on it, though, the more interested I am becoming in playing an Archer rather than a Sorcerer for this new run. If I had three slots I'd have both an Archer and An Amani Sorcerer because the picture in my head of a dragon-person-chick that throws fireballs entertains me, but seeing as how I already have a Sorcerer, I'm more and more interested in trying something new . . .

steam_sig.png

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Yeah, the solo dungeons are a total waste of time. The loot is pooh, the enemies are ultra wimpy, and you don't get quest progress.
    Whaaaaaaaa? So what's the point of them? I can farm wimpy enemies outside of dungeons just fine... hell, I can farm bosses outside of dungeons just fine. :(

Glal on
    Glal wrote: »
    Whaaaaaaaa? So what's the point of them? I can farm wimpy enemies outside of dungeons just fine... hell, I can farm bosses outside of dungeons just fine. :(

So they can say they have solo dungeons, I guess.

I guess it's useful if you're totally new to a dungeon - you can do a safe dry run and at least get a sense of the layout and stuff. But you won't see the same monsters you'll see in the group version (or at least, not in the same numbers) so it's sort of deceiving.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    I think boss mechanics are the same though, so you will get a good idea of what to do. also I thought it was a planned update for story things to count

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I may or may not have spent entirely too much time recreating Windranger in the character creator. This is a dangerous path to go down.

I am a bit disappointed in the customization options for what I was expecting to be a waifu simulator, but I think I got it pretty close anyway (and clearly wasn't the only one trying, as most sensible permutations of her name were already reserved).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    CorriganXJazz
    @CorriganX - I got you a character slot.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    CorriganXRadiationdestroyah87KalnaurThe Escape GoatSkutSkutIanatorJaysonFourJazzkimeironsizideDoctorArch
    I know I shared it on the Steam thread, but still, @Radiation was Rad enough to give me a character slot as well. So that's a go for my pigtailed purple dragon mage chick! :biggrin:

steam_sig.png

RadiationToxic PickleJazz
  • TierwulfTierwulf Registered User regular
    I haven't changed my avatar since 2012 for this! Downloading and shivering with antici

pation

So what's the story behind this restart? Or link me the page in the steam thread?

Teknotier on PSN

www.twitch.tv/Teknotier
    Guild has been made, hit me up on steam for invites. This can be used for alts as well.

Um, essentially we are getting a bunch of people to do one night a week group run through quests starting at level 1. I'm sure people will fall off, but it should be fun for a bit.

SkutSkut
    Wait. I thought we talked about this. We weren't going to jump the gun on that, yknow? Let everyone have a say in the guild name and stuff? And who is guild leader? I mean, I'm no expert on Tera guilds but it seems like there are things that should be bashed out - there must be a guild bank, guild ranks, things like that?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    SkutSkutCorriganXJaysonFourJazz
    edited October 2014
    Guild bank is paid for. First tab is for entry gear, second tab is for random greens I had in my bank that may help people.
    Avoid crafting, its a gold sink.
    Establishing ranks soon. Reading up on alliance benefits shortly and will pay for that.
    And the name Pinkdra was pretty well received :P

I can toss over leader if you want, but I figure you have enough on your plate and we I just want to kick people mwahahahahahahahahahhaa.

Radiation on
    I thought we were waiting to see what all panned out too? You do not want to rush into alliances and shit with the guild. Thought we were taking it slow.

n1woEHJ.png
    Pixelated Pixie
    Yeah, I wasn't too sure what was up with alliances, which is why I'm reading up on shit. I was under impression they may give buffs which may help with questing.

But sure, we can disband and reform a guild. I have all of 2 people currently in guild, myself being one. Was trying to get some of this sorted so we aren't standing around trying to do it on Tuesday when people actually want to play.

edited October 2014
    Tuesday is 6 days away. And is there any compelling reason the guild even needs to exist on day 1 anyway? :)

<edited to remove now-outdated steam overlay info. Silly steam.>

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    I just put a shortcut for Tera on the desk top, use that to launch it from steam and boom overlay

destroyah87
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I just put a shortcut for Tera on the desk top, use that to launch it from steam and boom overlay

Lucky you. That never worked for me.

Oh Steam...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    RadiationSkutSkut
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Tuesday is 6 days away. And is there any compelling reason the guild even needs to exist on day 1 anyway? :)

Unrelated, since it came up. Here's a quick tip for folks who might not know how to do this.

To get the Steam overlay to work with TERA
    1. Find your Tera directory
    2. Make a copy of TERA-Launcher.exe
    3. Name the copy TERA.exe
    4. Point your Steam shortcut to TERA.exe instead of TERA-Launcher.exe
    5. Profit!

Any time En Masse patches the launcher itself (not the game) you will have to undo this, patch the launcher, and redo it. But that's a rare thing - it's been a long time since I've had to do it.

Does 'Tera Launcher' show up in the list when you click 'add a non-steam game'? If it does, you aught to be able to check it and add it from there and it'll work fine, no need for copying/manually pointing shenanigans.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

Unrelated, since it came up. Here's a quick tip for folks who might not know how to do this.

5. Profit!

Any time En Masse patches the launcher itself (not the game) you will have to undo this, patch the launcher, and redo it. But that's a rare thing - it's been a long time since I've had to do it.

Does 'Tera Launcher' show up in the list when you click 'add a non-steam game'? If it does, you aught to be able to check it and add it from there and it'll work fine, no need for copying/manually pointing shenanigans.

That's how I've added it to steam. seems to work just fine.

steam_sig.png
    KalnaurJazz
    edited October 2014

5. Profit!

Yes. But when I added it, the steam overlay never worked.

Now in fairness, the last time I tried was well over a year ago. Maybe something changed since then to make it work. I've been doing the above shenanigans habitually since.

Edit: yep. Just tested. Now it works fine. Disregard all of the above I guess. I am not crazy though - this used to not work. :razz:

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Geth
    Radiation wrote: »
    Yeah, I wasn't too sure what was up with alliances, which is why I'm reading up on shit. I was under impression they may give buffs which may help with questing.

But sure, we can disband and reform a guild. I have all of 2 people currently in guild, myself being one. Was trying to get some of this sorted so we aren't standing around trying to do it on Tuesday when people actually want to play.

Alliances don't kick in until level 60, so no, no helping there. Also, while a guild will eventually help, (and while I personally support PINKDRA as a guild name) it's not required, I think, for our first time runthroughs.

steam_sig.png

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I finally upgraded my Interwebs and am downloading Tera again, will definitely be available as an alt next week for TTT! Also will try and get into WANG because who wouldn't want to get into a big old dusty WANG that hasn't been used for months

Zavian on
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Fnar!

This discussion has been closed.