As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[TERA] This thread under questioning by child protection services. Check the new one.

• Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Well, sweet, we have a guild! I guess I would have preferred the new guild to WANG since I've kinda gotten tired of every PA guild using that acronym, but ultimately it doesn't matter much. I still of course have yet to figure out which character(s) I actually want to have active, but that's another matter entirely.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Yeah later guilds in this forum I think kinda moved away from the acronym but nostalgia I guess.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of the acronym but I still prefer the continuity to a whole new guild. Were it a new game, I'd press for a new name.

I'd prefer WANG OR WANG NOT but that's probably just me. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    Oh hey, thanks for thread title change. <3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    To WANG or not to WANG? That is the question.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I'm hearing all of those in Lo Wang's voice.

Elvenshae
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I could take it or leave it with WANG but there is a certain level of pleasure in having the name be We Are Nice Guys and some people eventually figuring out it's just a big old dirty WANG. Also, I think that's the first time I ever used WANG and pleasure in the same sentence. There's no hope for my eternal soul.

Kalnaur
  • ZombieSheepZombieSheep Registered User regular
    I was going to wait for the year end quest update before jumping back in, but this seems good as any time to do so. Just gotta reinstall the client because every time tera update, I have do some voodoo to get pass some error, hopefully reinstalling will make it go away.

Meanwhile, what is the proper attunement/witchcraft/ritual one must submit thyself to, if one wish to join the glorious WANG guild?

I only got to level 30ish on my archer before I quit, soloing bam was getting tiresome at that point due to my lack of skill. So I'm just going to roll new characters this time.

Meanwhile, what is the proper attunement/witchcraft/ritual one must submit thyself to, if one wish to join the glorious WANG guild?

Go in game. Find the guild in the list of all guilds. Click apply. Put your PA name in the box that pops up. Make an offering of two chocolate cupcakes to the guildmaster. Voila! You are in!

Cupcake offering may, in fact, be optional. But best not to tempt fate.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • MaywindMaywind Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Hi guys. This is Cutiepie / Cutie in Tera and I was in WANG for a really long time. I took a break from Tera right when ArcheAge launched in September and am now playing ArcheAge. I didn't read all the posts but happen to see the thread title change when stopping by in the PA forum.

By now, most of the original active WANG people are in Cuddle Police.

The guild leadership passed from Montague (aka @Beezel) to Lloye, to Mookie, to Trinket, then to Caturday. Gradually last year, most of the remaining active WANG members moved to Cuddle Police. Caturday transferred the guild leadership to his alt Snuggle.Chief.

If you guys would like to take We Are Nice Guys back, just contact Caturday. I *think* he is still active and playing. At some point, we even considered disbanding WANG, but Cat kept it alive somewhat by transferring the guild to his alt.

If you guys already got WANG back. Just ignore this post then. lol :D

Maywind on
    Steam: Maywind
    Tera: Cutie, Cutiepie on Tempest Reach
    Kalnaur
    I was going to wait for the year end quest update before jumping back in, but this seems good as any time to do so. Just gotta reinstall the client because every time tera update, I have do some voodoo to get pass some error, hopefully reinstalling will make it go away.
    Is it the "sitting forever at some % of manifest retrieval" one?
    I pretty much have to reinstall the game every time there's a major patch to get the bastard to update.

• ZombieSheepZombieSheep Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Is it the "sitting forever at some % of manifest retrieval" one?
    I pretty much have to reinstall the game every time there's a major patch to get the bastard to update.

I can't remember the exact word, but it actually pop up a error box at the end of the update saying something is wrong/incorrect/corrupted. I don't remember how I fix it last time, I just remember it happend twice before. This is during the time where I didn't play tera and just sorta start the launcher to catch up on the patches. So maybe I just got unlucky, but that error happend every time I start tera up ever since I quit.

Trying to relearn my Zerker by doing the solo Citadel of Torment quests at its entrance bonfire (where I left off) and geez, the respawn rate in there is insane. Groups seem to respawn within seconds of being killed, and with most groups being within aggro range of one another I just end up with an endless torrent of mobs that peck at me until I either run away or die from the thousand stings.
    Maybe I should go do some quests outside, at least there I can physically move out of the way without hitting a wall or another group.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I might actually have time to install and play tomorrow. What I really want, though, is just a screenshot of everyone on my Steam friendlist with their unique names for the TERA launcher.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    Jazz
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    I might actually have time to install and play tomorrow. What I really want, though, is just a screenshot of everyone on my Steam friendlist with their unique names for the TERA launcher.

That's a TERAble idea.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    kimeJazz
    Just changed mine again, in keeping with the holiday theme....

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    iynidkdoy6p5.jpg

Do these characters belong to anyone here?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Back when I had the ability to approve/deny those types were just an automatic denial. If they were from the forums they could complain about it in a reply and then we could mock them for not putting the forums name in.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I like how those guild requests are kinda funny if they are from PAers, but just facepalm-inducing otherwise.

Elvenshae
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Tera 1.21 Jigglewatts

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    fsdhv8cgkgag.png

I need more! MORE!

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    ElvenshaeJazz
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Wait until Tuesday... :P

PSN: jfrofl
    Yep, if I'm lucky there'll be that point where the first group's ending as the last group's starting where there's tons of 'em.

Also got Corrigan's. I'm up to four!

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    So uh...what server are people on...out of uh...curiosity

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    Tempest Reach. Come play with ussssssss!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Kalnaur
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    My main is on Valley of Titans because I like the random pvp fights but Rickaxeley is on Tempest Reach and I may make another character for there too.

Finally got registered. Now I've got, like, options for the launcher download. Should I bother with the streaming download or just go straight for the full?

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Finally got registered. Now I've got, like, options for the launcher download. Should I bother with the streaming download or just go straight for the full?

Go with full. Streaming one is kinda awful.

M A G I K A Z A M
    JaysonFour
    o9f2b56c6e5l.png

Now I just need to figure out mine.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
    Ha. @Ianator - you're about 2 behind on mine. It's changed twice since then. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    I noticed. Still wish I'd caught the one before the "ghosties", though I now have a Paint.net instance open solely to catch them.

Also, downloading now. About seven hours out. Looks like I'm not playing 'til tomorrow. Which isn't so bad since I've got more stuff to do here in the meatspace.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Got my healer all made up and applied to join. A fair warning, though, Group 1- we'll be kind of limited on group healing until I get to 10, so kindly take precautions and keep an eye on everyone's HP.

There are two kinds of healing potions out there- one heals you for a higher amount, but it's like a short-lived Regen spell (you heal so much HP after so much time). The other doesn't heal as much, but it gives you the whole amount right away. Doublecheck before you buy them!

Seriously considering putting together a newbie guide for our new (and returning) players...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    I dont know that heals will really be needed until the first instance, I think even the first set of bams are managable without.

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    a guide would be great. i haven't bought anything yet so if there are things worth purchasing an explanation would be fantastic.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Buy Crystals, they're super super super important. Get the mana/health regen if you dont have a specific crystal in mind or are just starting.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    RadiationZavian
    edited October 2014
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Buy Crystals, they're super super super important. Get the mana/health regen if you dont have a specific crystal in mind or are just starting.

For reference these crystals go in your armor and weapon. They help you do things better, like a damage reduction, chance to give you a shield, do more damage, hold more threat.

Crafting seems entirely useless currently (I hear it may be important at max level, haven't verified), so I would hold off on it. Either hoard your crafting materials that are found, or trade broker it.
    You can extract crafting mats from dropped gear. This might be helpful with soul bound stuff, as the mat may sell higher than just vendoring it. I haven't really tested this either.

Keep your skills up to date and use the skills tab to set your skill points as you level. I had forgotten for a while on the tank and it made a huge difference. You can auto spend those, but I'm not sure how good that is. I just use mine based on play style.

Radiation on
    ZavianKalnaur
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Radiation wrote: »
    CorriganX wrote: »

For reference these crystals go in your armor and weapon. They help you do things better, like a damage reduction, chance to give you a shield, do more damage, hold more threat.

Crafting seems entirely useless currently (I hear it may be important at max level, haven't verified), so I would hold off on it. Either hoard your crafting materials that are found, or trade broker it.
    You can extract crafting mats from dropped gear. This might be helpful with soul bound stuff, as the mat may sell higher than just vendoring it. I haven't really tested this either.

Keep your skills up to date and use the skills tab to set your skill points as you level. I had forgotten for a while on the tank and it made a huge difference. You can auto spend those, but I'm not sure how good that is. I just use mine based on play style.

I haven't played in awhile and only got to the mid-30s last go around but yeah, I always throw all crafting material in the bank and either extract mats from extra gear or if I need the monies I put them up on market a few coppers less than average going rate to get it sold faster (much more than selling to NPC merchant). I'm also playing with a Founder account so have more bank space, and I get a free mount which I think free players have to save up and buy, so mileage may vary

Also, make sure you stop to extract all crafting material nodes you come across to level up your extracting skills as you ding higher

Zavian on
    Kalnaur
    Mount is a reward from a quest at Lumbertown I think

Karrde1842Kalnaur
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I think my only problem with crafting as it stands is that gear is only the best gear until a better piece drops. It's like human infants: until they get a couple of years on them, don't get too attached to the clothes you put on them. :wink: In this case, just don't figure that what you are wearing one moment is going to be top gear until you clear out an area. Also, most quest gear is nominally less helpful than dropped or crafted gear.

And if you need the shard bits for the special weapons, let us know, because man those things have kick, and they drop randomly from monsters.

Edit: I will also note that the one actually useful crafting skill has been alchemy, in that I can get much better potions for healing earlier than I usually can as loot drops. But it can come at a nominal to high price, depending on which ones you're making, and with a healer around it should be overall less useful to take a potion than be healed by a player.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.