As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Legend of Korra: Outside The Law, The Promise Comes Out May 30th

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    damn bugs you are cruising through this show

expect good things, it's good

expect even better things from everything that comes after it

ESPECIALLY the Boiling Rock

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Harrier wrote: »
    In fairness, Pema was the one who went to Tenzin and confessed. It's not like Tenzin just got tired of his old beau and went for someone younger and sprier; Pema instigated it.

yeah but

Pema doesn't say "and she dumped him and broke his airbending heart and then i swooped in"

no

from the sound of things, he was with another woman that Pema determined was wrong for him

she told him how she felt

Tenzin went "oh ok" and ditched his old girl for Pema

still makes Tenzin look like kind of a jack-off unless his previous girl was an awful harridan

her words on the subject were that she was "watching my soul-mate spend his life with the wrong woman"

she tells him how she felt, and then "the rest is history"

kinda glosses over the idea that Tenzin just up and ditched his previous girlfriend for Pema, and unless Tenzin was in the habit of dating women 15 years younger than him...

yeah

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    not necessarily in order, sometimes I just want to watch Lake Laogai or Day of Black Sun for no reason

Day of Black Sun. I get what you're saying.
    But why go back and watch Lake Laogai? Why? Why pick that one? I'm not saying that it's bad, but it's not as good as other Avatar Episodes.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Tenzin, as an airbender, is going to be the pimp of Air Temple Island

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    that

that can't be right

urgh

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    what can't be right

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    ahem

114/115

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Katara popped out Tenzin at 19, and he's the youngest kid

meaning Aang became a father as early as 14/15

wait, what

where do you get your numnbers

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    get it the fuck right

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    the mysterious magic of post editing has made me look the fool...

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I don't know where those numbers came from

I lopped off like fifteen years somehow

She actually had him at 34

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    In fairness, Pema was the one who went to Tenzin and confessed. It's not like Tenzin just got tired of his old beau and went for someone younger and sprier; Pema instigated it.

yeah but

Pema doesn't say "and she dumped him and broke his airbending heart and then i swooped in"

no

from the sound of things, he was with another woman that Pema determined was wrong for him

still makes Tenzin look like kind of a jack-off unless his previous girl was an awful harridan

her words on the subject were that she was "watching my soul-mate spend his life with the wrong woman"

kinda glosses over the idea that Tenzin just up and ditched his previous girlfriend for Pema, and unless Tenzin was in the habit of dating women 15 years younger than him...

yeah

Look, it ain't like he's old enough to be her dad.

If two people, who are both old enough to make mature decisions, really do love each other enough, there's nothing wrong with that.

And yeah, I imagine that Tenzin's previous relationship was not broken off all simple and easy, but we really don't need the details of some love triangle from ten years ago or more when things are dramatic enough with the one happening right now.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Katara popped out Tenzin at 19, and he's the youngest kid

meaning Aang became a father as early as 14/15

wait, what

where do you get your numnbers

Katara was only 2 years older than Aang. She was 14 during the series and he was 12.

Granted, being a father at 17 is the kind of thing that gets you on Maury in today's society but it wouldn't be that unusual a hundred years ago.

EDIT: Nevermind, clerical error. Carry on.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    I don't know what scientific authority decided Korra's bra size but there is no way she is a 32

That is straight up stupid

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    not necessarily in order, sometimes I just want to watch Lake Laogai or Day of Black Sun for no reason

Day of Black Sun. I get what you're saying.
    But why go back and watch Lake Laogai? Why? Why pick that one? I'm not saying that it's bad, but it's not as good as other Avatar Episodes.

there is some pretty neat earthbending in that episode

plus just how affecting Jet's story arc is

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Tenzin is 51 in the new series, Katara is 85

so Katara enTenzined the world in her mid-thirties

Tenzin's the youngest, but unless there's like over ten years between him and Kya, then Aang and Katara were in their 20's when they started having kids

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Tenzin, as an airbender, is going to be the pimp of Air Temple Island

Actually. No.
    Tenzin was born 19 years after the war, so katara would have been 34 or something.

P.S: His official age is listed as 51, which means he was born in Year 119 After The Comet.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I like the tenzin/lin idea

it adds a little extra layer to the super frosty reception she gave him when he came to pick up korra

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I wish itunes would stop telling me 1080p video is too large to play on the 1080p TV my computer is hooked up to. itunes you don't know shit.

• Options
    itunes also likes to black out my second screen when I max the player

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular

yeah but

no

yeah

where are you getting Pema's age from?

sig.png
  • Options
    http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Pema (35 years old during korra)

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Tenzin (51 years old during korra)

This wiki has never been wrong in my experience

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Ah, the good ol' days of horrible Mass Effect speculation.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Who is Lin?

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    Who is Lin?

Chief Beifong, looking radiant as usual

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »
    Who is Lin?

s01e01grab08513.jpg

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Quoth wrote: »
    I don't know what scientific authority decided Korra's bra size but there is no way she is a 32

They did an overlay with a photo.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    oh

I thought her name was not Lin

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

yeah but

no

yeah

I dunno man

the story Pema told was super simplistic

love isn't that clean

she left out a lot of stuff and therefore I don't think it's fair to judge anyone involved based on what she said

• Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »

They did an overlay with a photo.

SHUTUP.png

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

do you think she's bigger or smaller?

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    So she is skinnier than me, with bigger boobs, and can pick up Tenzin

Awesome
    :(

• Options
    So she is skinnier than me, with bigger boobs, and can pick up Tenzin

Awesome
    :(

I'm no expert on growth timelines but she's only 17

shouldn't she still be gaining weight?

also dude the avatar is kind of special, not measuring up ain't a thing to get worked up about

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    aw your boobs are fine, Quoth
    gotta keep my creep-torch lit

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    The "32D" would depend on her height. But if she's around 5'5-or 5'11, yeah. Plausible.
    Although I suspect she's maybe a 34D, she's muscular and powerful lats would add an inch or two without it being really noticeable.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Just finished. Worst episode so far easy but still pretty good.
    I'd have felt a lot worse about it if they'd left issues hanging by the end. They didn't, everyone pretty well made up, and while things are still left a little open for awkward love developments later on, right now they seem okay.

Also what the hell are you guys even talking about? Tenzin being a dick because of Pema's story? Really? Some of you dudes look into this stuff way too deep.

• Options
    oh and I'd just like to point out that considering what we've seen Korra do, physically speaking, she doesn't have enough muscle

but then, neither did Aang

who, if you recall, picked up Katara and jumped out of the grounded fire nation ship in the first or second episode

and by "picked up" I mean held in his arms like a teenage baby

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    So I just started watching this show (the first one) after a bunch of recommendations, and it's pretty alright so far, halfway through the first season.

However I also just watched the first episode of Korra, and that looks like it's going to be awesome. Does anyone know if Nick is putting the episodes up on their site on a rotating basis (last X episodes), or if they're going to be around for awhile?

I know I'm a few pages late on this

But the first season only really picks up around where you are.

You get a sense of the rest of the show at the season 1 finale, which still might be my favorite couple of episodes in the series if only for one character who is only in that finale

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Anyway. It's kind of a moot discussion.
    There are only two physiques in Avatar.

The Boulder, and Not-The Boulder
    747398_o.gif

This discussion has been closed.