Legend of Korra: Outside The Law, The Promise Comes Out May 30th

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Mako and bolin are both lame

Shock rod lieutenant forever

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Terrendos wrote: »
    im so confused, do men usually act like pricks to their friends' girlfriends because ive never seen this before

Mako never thought that Korra was Bolin's girlfriend. He assumed she was one of his crazy fangirls that Bolin regularly bangs and then drops like a sack of komodopotatoes.

He knows Bolin likes her though, and at the very least you don't hit on/be overly affectionate to the girl your brother is crushing on

But it seems like he's swung too far back the other way and is being a jerk, which according to middle school theory, means he likes her a lot but can't show it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    im so confused, do men usually act like pricks to their friends' girlfriends because ive never seen this before

Depends on the friend. If a friend has a habit of making horrible choices in the significant other department, people will tend to be cautious around the new love interest. Or regard her/him with intense skepticism.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    OH MY GOD
    THE BOULDER IS BACK

• Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    Thinking back to TLA it was actually kind of refreshing for the nice guy to get the girl instead of the bad boy.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    Everybody got girls in TLA

Except toph

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD
    THE BOULDER IS BACK

The Boulder is too great as a side-character for just a one time appearance. The Blind Bandit was probably one of the best episodes in the entire series, and The Boulder was a large part of the reason it was so great. It's like the greatest aspects of The Rock, Macho Man and Rick Flair written into one character.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    THE BOULDER FIGHTS FOR HIS NATION

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I sometimes wonder how much input Mick Foley had in regards to The Boulder's lines. I mean the man has been around pro wrestling for close to forever, so it's something he would be an expert in.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    these earthbender tanks are so damn cool

• Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Mako never thought that Korra was Bolin's girlfriend. He assumed she was one of his crazy fangirls that Bolin regularly bangs and then drops like a sack of komodopotatoes.

He knows Bolin likes her though, and at the very least you don't hit on/be overly affectionate to the girl your brother is crushing on

But it seems like he's swung too far back the other way and is being a jerk, which according to middle school theory, means he likes her a lot but can't show it

I had to be a horrible jerk to my brothers girlfriends or else they would fall madly in love with me and make their relationship work so they could spend time in my magnificent presence.

This is undeniably true.

Also, it is known fact that when a woman riding a scooter hits you and removes her helmet, then shakes her head with magnificent sparkling emerald eyes you fall madly in love.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    the flinstones tanks

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    They were obviously going for the pro wrestler attitude with that character, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of the lines were suggested/changed by Foley.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    the creators were already well versed in the pro wrestling scene

I mean, look at the inexplicably Russian Fire Nation heel guy

• Options
    R0land1188 wrote: »

I had to be a horrible jerk to my brothers girlfriends or else they would fall madly in love with me and make their relationship work so they could spend time in my magnificent presence.

This is undeniably true.

Also, it is known fact that when a woman riding a scooter hits you and removes her helmet, then shakes her head with magnificent sparkling emerald eyes you fall madly in love.

Thats

that's not what I said

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Foley was an even better voice for The Boulder than if they'd actually gotten Dwayne Johnson to voice him.

I say this as a man who will watch almost anything with Dwayne Johnson acting in it.

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    i dont know what any of you are saying, i dont know what anything is saying, all is pedantry

• Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

R0land1188 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Foley was an even better voice for The Boulder than if they'd actually gotten Dwayne Johnson to voice him.

I say this as a man who will watch almost anything with Dwayne Johnson acting in it.

I uh

I just got The Boulder

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Mick Foley is a legend

• Options
    R0land1188 wrote: »

yes? I don't know what you mean

If you were romantically attracted to the girl your brother clearly likes and is trying to woo, you wouldn't find it awkward at all?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    hey boys

tumblr_m259ziJ7bE1qipfmqo1_500.jpg

i hope im not distracting you

but whats this about a hiatus does anyone have a link to where it was mentioned

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    have you considered that Mako is just a dick

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I love the word "woo"

such a funny little word

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I love the word "woo"

such a funny little word

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLP-hzEX6Uc

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    "Maybe he can teach you about tea and failure!"

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I'm pretty sure there is no hiatus and Ep 5 will air tomorrow at 11 EST as normal

I think the rumor was caused by a misprinted TV guide

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular

Except toph

s'true

aang and katara

zuko and mai

sokka and suki

ty lee and azula

etc. etc.

• Options
    i thought toph and sokka would be a cute couple until i realized that the fuck i was doing

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

Except toph

s'true

aang and katara

zuko and mai

sokka and suki

ty lee and azula

etc. etc.

ye-HEY

• Options
    oh my god

the glorious return of AWKWARD ZUKO

• Options
    Pony wrote: »

Except toph

s'true

aang and katara

zuko and mai

sokka and suki

ty lee and azula

etc. etc.

ye-HEY

dude it's basically canon

• Options
    oh my god, Zuko imitating Iroh and Azula

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    So, who else thinks that Bolin is going to make a habit of getting into trouble?

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Toph kissed Suki that time. It counts.

• Options
    the Boulder and Hakoda made eye contact once

I've seen ships work on less

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    So, who else thinks that Bolin is going to make a habit of getting into trouble?

now i thought of Bolin saying "I don't want any trouble..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ9DJZAoq3g

• Options
    Seifu Hotman

hahaha

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I love

jackie chan

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    have you considered that Mako is just a dick

This is also a strong possibility