As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling Thread] We all dig crazy chicks

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    That was fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHN8FTeuDm0

Still kinda sad he used Tensai for the boring part at the beginning. Look I don't care how dull anyone thinks he is, WWE is finally giving someone a rocket push to the top and that shows they're finally learning something about booking strong heels again.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    After watching the women's match and the end of that video, I will never complain about the Diva's division again.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    The reported possibility of Randy Orton versus Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam has been taken off the table according to F4Wonline.com. WWE is said to be set on Triple H and Brock Lesnar getting in the ring at SummerSlam and that Orton as a possible opponent has recently become considerably less popular among WWE officials.

Smart move IMO. I like Orton but I just don't see much money with him facing Lesnar, at least on a big PPV. Now a Raw main event? That could work.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    In a tag TEAM match!

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    After watching the women's match and the end of that video, I will never complain about the Diva's division again.

Now, now, let's not say something that we're going to regret later. After all, Alicia Fox is still employed.

• Options
    Kreutz wrote: »

Now, now, let's not say something that we're going to regret later. After all, Alicia Fox is still employed.

Fox never looked as bad as those women "wrestlers" in that clip.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Kreutz wrote: »

Fox never looked as bad as those women "wrestlers" in that clip.

Let's be fair, at least they were wrestling.

Instead of just standing on the ring apron "taking part in a tag match".

• Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    That was fast.

Still kinda sad he used Tensai for the boring part at the beginning. Look I don't care how dull anyone thinks he is, WWE is finally giving someone a rocket push to the top and that shows they're finally learning something about booking strong heels again.

Tensai is so boring, also why push him if the crowd doesn't react to him, from what I read/see, nobody could give a poo about him

Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Spooch wrote: »
    That was fast.

Tensai is so boring, also why push him if the crowd doesn't react to him, from what I read/see, nobody could give a poo about him

Pretty much this, when I watch Tensai in the ring, I don't think "This dude is a beast/monster" all I think of is "Isn't that the guy whose original ring-name came from a dick piercing?"

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    That was fast.

Pretty much this, when I watch Tensai in the ring, I don't think "This dude is a beast/monster" all I think of is "Isn't that the guy whose original ring-name came from a dick piercing?"

A former WWE superstar, who's name we can't even mention as it would break the PG-era, who went to Japan and became a MONSTER!

• Options
    If Tensai doesn't get over by let's say next month they'll probably just have Punk snap his undefeated streak at a PPV or something. If he does get more over he could win the WWE title from Punk but lose it back to him later in the year. Either way Punk comes out of this looking good so I don't see a big problem, that is if they still want the two to feud.

Besides with Tensai alligning himself with Big Johnny that could help him draw heel heat. Really I want this to work because they've been pushing Tensai correctly so far as a badass heel and I want to see that continue with future guys.

• Options
    If Tensai doesn't get over by let's say next month they'll probably just have Punk snap his undefeated streak at a PPV or something. If he does get more over he could win the WWE title from Punk but lose it back to him later in the year. Either way Punk comes out of this looking good so I don't see a big problem, that is if they still want the two to feud.

Besides with Tensai alligning himself with Big Johnny that could help him draw heel heat. Really I want this to work because they've been pushing Tensai correctly so far as a badass heel and I want to see that continue with future guys.

Your opinions, just, amaze me.

• Options
    edited May 2012

Your opinions, just, amaze me.

So my opinion of wanting WWE to correctly book strong heels amazes you?

Look if you don't like Tensai that's fine but it's still too early to just give up on him yet and WWE would be crazy to do so.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    No your opinion as to what good booking is, amazes me

• Options
    No your opinion as to what good booking is, amazes me

Monster heel comes in and beats all challengers convincingly? Not trying to be a smartass but I don't see how they're booking Tensai wrong. Like I said if you don't like his character or matches that's one thing but his booking so far has been correct.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I'd love for Tensai to kick off a rebirth of the the properly pushed monster hell, but I just don't see the current WWE creative pulling it off. He's rather stunted and overly methodical in his ring work, isn't doing promos, and thus far is rather poorly integrated in the whole Big Johnny vs. the world angle.

If they were looking to create/push a new monster, I think Brodus Clay would've been a better choice. He's got a fairly limited move set, but he's agile for a guy his size, has charisma, and was at times down right frightening when he was first getting TV time as Del Rio's hired muscle. But, they went with the whole "Funkasaurus" thing, and that ship has sailed.

Although the rather low-key reaction to Tensai may actually work in favor of WWE creative. With the crowd on the fence about him, perhaps they'll continue to ratchet up the heat w/ Tensai and really let him go destructive, like the way they are angling Brock the last few weeks. There's been a major trend of them starting to make heels tweeners or outright faces as soon as the crowd latches on to them, Sheamus being a perfect example.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I think problem is that Tensai is now the 3rd or 4th guy in a row that's come in and done a bunch of squash matches and has been made to look invincible.

Its just gotten boring as a plot device, so he's got no momentum to be beating Punk and Cena "clean".

What's next, Ryback to immediately challenge Sheamus? Brodus to go over ADR?

LTM on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I thought Tensai and Johnny teamed up due to their love of Japan which Ace hinted at last Monday. I could see Tensai getting involved with the current Ace/Big Show thing and maybe injuring him in a match to get him off the full time schedule again so he can heal up.

And I don't see the crowd treating Tensai as a face even if they did ratchet up his badass persona.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Tensai's fine. Just stick him in the midcard where he belongs.

Dude shouldn't be main eventing vs. Punk or Cena. Have him start a feud with Ryder or.....another midcard face of which I can't name because WWE has shit for midcard faces.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    Tensai's fine. Just stick him in the midcard where he belongs.

Dude shouldn't be main eventing vs. Punk or Cena. Have him start a feud with Ryder or.....another midcard face of which I can't name because WWE has shit for midcard faces.

Santino? Him winning the US title would be pretty ironic.

• Options
    If you want to see a Santino/Tensai match, well I don't know what to say to that.

• Options
    If you want to see a Santino/Tensai match, well I don't know what to say to that.

Uh, it could help get Tensai over? If I wanted a good wrestling match I'd watch Punk, Bryan, Jericho, etc. Or watch ROH, DGUSA, EVOLVE, NJPW, the list goes on.

• Options

I think it could be pretty good, but it'd have to be paced right. Tensai seems to gas pretty easily (the botch from Monday w/ Punk being good evidence, although Punk certainly didn't try to help him).

God, I wish they'd let Santino actually wrestle again. He was good when he first came on after the Milan Miracle, and he had some fantastic matches in OVW. Guy's got skills, let him use them for something other than the Cobra and the Power-Walk.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I'd say Ryback has a much better chance of monster heeling. And the WWE managed Mark Henry very well during his title run, so they certainly can do it.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    They seem to want to push Ryback as a face for now though.

And about how dull of a plot device it is to have the newer guys just due squash matches, the alternative is losing matches. I'm glad they decided to switch up Damien Sandow a bit though.

• Options
    They seem to want to push Ryback as a face for now though.

And about how dull of a plot device it is to have the newer guys just due squash matches, the alternative is losing matches. I'm glad they decided to switch up Damien Sandow a bit though.

I guess there really isn't a third path alternative to losing, or winning in 3 moves.

What?

• Options
    And about how dull of a plot device it is to have the newer guys just due squash matches, the alternative is losing matches. .

Losing matches can work, if done correctly, lest we forget:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAJdjeV3ZuA

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    And about how dull of a plot device it is to have the newer guys just due squash matches, the alternative is losing matches. .

Losing matches can work, if done correctly, lest we forget:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAJdjeV3ZuA

Good point, and I'd like to see something like that happen again for a new guy.

Although to be completely fair, this match certainly didn't make him into a superstar over night.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    If "proper booking" means shoving a guy down our throats and having him in main events in like, a month, before actually earning the role through ability and/or overness then "proper booking" is bullshit.

• Options
    Good point, and I'd like to see something like that happen again for a new guy.

Although to be completely fair, this match certainly didn't make him into a superstar over night.

True, but he got a shitload more attention for doing that, then the almost 2 years he spent in UPW/OVW. And he was put in TV angles immediately afterward, including a feud with Jericho.

He wasn't rocketed to main event status overnight the way Sheamus was, but he went from OVW prospect to a high-tier mid-carder in one fell swoop, and ran with it till he was main eventing Wrestlemania in 2 years.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    I'll actually side with wirehead here, I have no clue why you guys are complaining about Tensai. First off, I think it's pretty obvious why the WWE went with him over Brodus Clay and Ryback for that role, they don't trust them. Ryback destroyed the face of one of the local jobbers he fought and Brodus was initially pulled because he was hurting the lower carders, clearly they're not the guys you want to risk Cena, Punk or Orton on. But they know what Tensai offers and know he's safe, so they gave him the spot. Personally, I think he's far better in the ring than the other two anyway, so I'm fine with it. And I don't see why his old shitty gimmick should be held against him, especially amongst the idiots that chant "Albert" when he wrestles (as if they're exposing some sort of f'n secret).

Speaking of monsters though, what the hell happened to Mark Henry? Did they finally give him a break now that he's actually healed up or what?

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    I only brought Ryback and Brodus up as examples of how they are running the monster squash match into the ground at the current moment. There's just too many squash matches and not enough interesting development. So Tensai feels less like a growing character and more like a piss break.

I don't think Mark Henry is healed yet, is he?

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Regarding Tensei, dude needs to actually make it clear that he has some kind of personality beyond "Big, quiet, implacable."

He's basically as interesting as wallpaper right now, so unless he gets some time on the mic and a feud to feed off of, it's going to be damn hard to set him up as a decent heel.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    They also need to decide if they want to sell his facepaint as tattoos or not.

Preferably not, since it wipes off every match. But I've heard Cole refer to them as tattoos twice, I think.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    I only brought Ryback and Brodus up as examples of how they are running the monster squash match into the ground at the current moment. There's just too many squash matches and not enough interesting development. So Tensai feels less like a growing character and more like a piss break.

I don't think Mark Henry is healed yet, is he?

Oh I wasn't referring to your post, I agree with you. A far better way to introduce new characters is to actually put them in stories and make us care about them. But then that'd require the WWE to have more than just 4 or 5 stories running simultaneously and that's impossible.

I'm not sure about Mark Henry, I assumed he was healed up because he looked a lot more mobile (for Mark Henry) in those last couple of matches against Punk. I guess he might still be injured though.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    They also need to decide if they want to sell his facepaint as tattoos or not.

Preferably not, since it wipes off every match. But I've heard Cole refer to them as tattoos twice, I think.

They just sell an ink kit and brush, with instructions inside.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    The latex trunks need to go too.

It's a bit disconcerting because he looks like a big fat infant wearing bright red rubber underwear to me.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I feel like Heyman would probably book Tensai against Brodus in a winning streak vs winning streak match. I think it's something John Laurinaitis could sell under the umbrella of "people power" and "Mr. Excitement" and whatever.

I mean, those two need to feud, because right now WWE has THREE guys on an unbeaten streak. Let Ryberg continue to squash jobbers and NXT regulars. Brodus is already friend to all children, lord knows he's nowhere near as good at the whole "dancing wrestler" thing as we thought he would be. Tensai can be...Tensai.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    Fuck it, throw Ryback in there and make it triple threat streak match, I'd watch that.

Then have it end in a triple countout so they can rematch.

This discussion has been closed.