Options

I've [CHAT] you for a thousand years, a thousand years

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Well since I didn't make strip search, I think I'm going to do NaNoWriMo with my sister to start the comic I've been planning for years now.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Here is a combination of dogs and babies

IMG_0276.jpg

This really fucking scared me, by the way, because Miley does NOT like to be picked up or held by anyone she doesn't know. Yet she just crawled up into my friend's kid's arms and curled up there, waiting to be scratched. It was that kind of shock you get when you see a toddler sitting in a pit of cobras. So, naturally, I had to get a picture.

• Options
    Funny, I was just about to put an @kochikens on that post but she'd already swooped in to awesome it.

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Flay wrote: »
    Hey @Nappuccino, I got tickets to see Grizzly Bear last night, so excited

I am so jelly. I still need to check out their new album, but I've heard it is fantastic!
    Iruka wrote: »
    Well since I didn't make strip search, I think I'm going to do NaNoWriMo with my sister to start the comic I've been planning for years now.

They do NaNoWriMo rules for comics too?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    My sister says there are ways to, even if I cant technically qualify for their official shit, its a good way to make a commitment!

• Options
    Ah, gotcha- like... mutually agreed upon equal work even if you don't get the satisfaction of that certificate screen?

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    CalyaCalya Registered User regular
    I'm trying to make a complete twitter list for all the Strip Search contestants. If you made it and have a twitter account would you let @bm0nies know. If you are on teh twitters and want to follow the list, it's here...
    http://www.twitter.com/bm0nies/pastripsearch

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    BAH! I didnt make it either. Soul crushing dissapointment! Ah well I'm sure I'll forget about it in about 7-8 hours.

Go Lexx!

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Ah, gotcha- like... mutually agreed upon equal work even if you don't get the satisfaction of that certificate screen?

There is a "rebels forum" for anyone not doing the standard. BUT maybe I can start a comic NaNoWriMo tumblr. 30 pages 30 days? Its like the 24 hour comic but less about not sleeping and more about getting something real going? or 5 lay out pages a day, for 30 days?

Iruka on
  • Options
    MyntMynt Registered User regular

There is a "rebels forum" for anyone not doing the standard. BUT maybe I can start a comic NaNoWriMo tumblr. 30 pages 30 days? Its like the 24 hour comic but less about not sleeping and more about getting something real going? or 5 lay out pages a day, for 30 days?

I like this idea A LOT. You can call it NaGraNoWriMo... heh.

I told myself that even if I don't make it on Strip Search, I'll be making my comic... Something like this would help to hold myself accountable.

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    My brother asked me to be a subject for his Roschart test. Before the test, I told him how funny it would be if every image had hidden penises in it. We laughed. It wasn't so funny when you actually see the penis.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    I need to make more money. My wife has this sewing machine that she's barely touched since I bought it. Maybe I should start making stuff and selling it on etsy or something. Either that or I'm going to have to hit the gym and start working the corner or something.

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    man it's pretty noticeable when you pick up reading after a long time of having stopped
    have to go back and read some paragraphs twice
    but I need to stop my brain atrophying

Tam on
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    That happens just about any time I read anything, which is a shame because I like reading. I just don't have a lot of time (or rather few enough distractions) for anything but audiobooks these days.

6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    I like how the not impressed mouth thread is an announcement right now.

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Is it terribly rude of me to turn down out-of-town friends/family asking if they can crash at my place, on the grounds that I live in a tiny studio apartment and while there is technically enough room that someone could lie on a small section of available carpet and go to sleep, doing so would make me incredibly uncomfortable? I'm enough of a hermit that even when I had larger apartments where I could lock myself away in another room for the night made me fairly uneasy; I can only imagine how neurotic I would get where getting up to go to the bathroom would carry at least a 40% chance of accidentally stepping on a motherfucker's head.

I feel like I'm not doing a "bro" a "solid" by turning people away but seriously...no. There have to be better options.
    I could see it if someone happened to be over late one night and just needed to get some rest before driving home or something, but as something to actually plan around? To stay here for days/weeks at a time? Fuckin'...yikes.

Am I the crazy one here? Nobody ever taught me what the proper level of courtesy is for this situation.

• Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    Hey Artist's Corner! I'm looking for some helpful suggestions/advice about this issue I'm having. I have a friend that is reluctant to let me plan a trip around staying at his place for an extended period of time. Motherfucker doesn't even like the idea of me sleeping on the small section of available carpet that I've had my eye on. Doesn't he realize how much it would mean to me? I would even try to be helpful around his place. Like if he needs to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I'll cushion his footsteps with my face by rolling around in his path.

How do I get this loser to do me a solid?

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    If I'm getting the right impression of this guy, some people like their space and get really uncomfortable about other people using it. Like, really uncomfortable. I don't think it's personal. If you're making it clear how much it would mean to you if he did let you crash on his carpet, that's about the best you can do without pushing it. If he does let you stay there, definitely go with that plan of making your stay unintrusive, and be helpful as possible where he wants the help (you probably won't need the face-cushion bit).

6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Is it terribly rude of me to turn down out-of-town friends/family asking if they can crash at my place, on the grounds that I live in a tiny studio apartment and while there is technically enough room that someone could lie on a small section of available carpet and go to sleep, doing so would make me incredibly uncomfortable? I'm enough of a hermit that even when I had larger apartments where I could lock myself away in another room for the night made me fairly uneasy; I can only imagine how neurotic I would get where getting up to go to the bathroom would carry at least a 40% chance of accidentally stepping on a motherfucker's head.

I feel like I'm not doing a "bro" a "solid" by turning people away but seriously...no. There have to be better options.
    I could see it if someone happened to be over late one night and just needed to get some rest before driving home or something, but as something to actually plan around? To stay here for days/weeks at a time? Fuckin'...yikes.

Am I the crazy one here? Nobody ever taught me what the proper level of courtesy is for this situation.

wether you are the crazy one or not, is actually irrelevant. Are you going to put yourself in a situation that you really dont want to be, for the sake of not looking like who you really are, or how you feel?

Besides, if its your studio, Im guessing you do some work there, being uncomfortable is not productive. Also I would actually feel the same way, in a previous appartament that I used to share, people would always crash there, and those days I would pretty much find any excuse to not being in my own appartment, its a situation that sucks, because your home is the place where one should go to rest the mind, and feel comfortable.

Unless its a girl, if its a girl then yes, you are crazy, take some pills or something.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    Tam wrote: »
    man it's pretty noticeable when you pick up reading after a long time of having stopped

What cha' reading Tam?

I have to say, my mother-in-law gave me her old kindle, and I fucking love this thing. Really got me back on the reading bandwagon in a hurry.

Reading Snow Crash right now and just bought Micheal Chabon's new one Telegraph Avenue.

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I'm afraid I'll end up a grumpy Luddite or something, I don't think I'll ever get myself into reading on a kindle or an ipad. I've tried reading on them and they don't hurt my eye or anything. But damn it I love having paper in my hands too much. The smell, the feel of it, the knowledge that it's been slammed by a printing press. Right now my American Gods is getting absolutely mauled in my bag and a lot of books are hella cheaper on kindle but I can't help it.
    I think I'll have to try making some comics in the future that make them unique to digital comics. Everyone is talking about utilizing the digital comics medium to its full extent and to make sure that digital comics are created specifically for digital platforms. I'd like to do the opposite, find out what sort of stuff you'll never be able to do with digital comics but only with the printed medium itself.

m3nace on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    So... when accepting your co-workers shift-switch via text, it is key to look for terms like "tomorrow night" instead of assuming 8-10 means that morning.

So.... who wants to kill 12 hours with me?

Nappuccino on

• Options
    So... when accepting your co-workers shift-switch via text, it is key to look for terms like "tomorrow night" instead of assuming 8-10 means that morning.

So.... who wants to kill 12 hours with me?
    Alright, I'm pumped. I just gotta get back to my secret bunker and grab some weapons, some chloroform and a pair of pliers - might take a day or something - and then we'll kill that 12-hours guy!

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Yea, I fought the kindle at first. I like the character that books have, I like folding pages to save my place, I like browsing old used bookstores and getting a well loved copy of a classic.

But...I hate moving my library. My books are the heaviest thing I own and am running out of room to store them. My wife, my daughter and I downgraded from our house in our hometown to a small apartment in Cincinnati. Tall bookshelves aren't the safest thing around toddlers anyway, so I accepted the kindle when my mother-in-law offered it up. I have to say I am very pleased with it in the way it seemingly disappears when reading a book.

My only beef with the format is I don't get to do my favorite thing that I did with books, loan them out. I think there is some way to let someone "borrow" your file for a week or something, but it just ain't the same.

@m3nace I love your idea and think you might be on to something with the whole printed medium comics thing. Maybe something that requires the folding of the physical page...

EDIT: if you have to listen to "Sweet Home Alabama," at least you can now listen to it being played by Tesla Coils...
    http://www.fox19.com/story/19543644/viral-video-sweet-home-alabama-musical-tesla-coils

brokecracker on
  • Options

What cha' reading Tam?

I have to say, my mother-in-law gave me her old kindle, and I fucking love this thing. Really got me back on the reading bandwagon in a hurry.

Reading Snow Crash right now and just bought Micheal Chabon's new one Telegraph Avenue.

just continuing Borges' Fictions
    it's the only book I have right now that I haven't finished
    I should pick up some of the sci-fi people talk about in here

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Is there ever a situation where you have to listen to Sweet Home Alabama?
    Also, I'm also thinking about stuff such as texture and so on (especially since my father's a printmaker) maybe uv paint (I could totally see that working with an invisible man comic), and yea definitely foldout pages, perhaps something like Chris Ware's small "cut out and fold a monotonous home" stuff too. Or maybe surfaces like corrugated cardboard where you see a different motive depending on which side you see it from. The possibilities stretch from hereon to infinity, and beyond!

m3nace on
  • Options
    m3nace wrote: »

If you are making a list of songs with the most covers and re-versions, you probably HAVE to listen to sweet home alabama, like a thousand times.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    or Alive
    god, fuck Eddie Vedder's stupid singing voice

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    squidbunny wrote: »
    Man, the Who shirt is fantastic. Is it still in print? Tell me the design is just called "Who?"

@squidbunny it JUST got reprinted

http://www.threadless.com/product/2899/Doctor_Hoo?utm_source=cms&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Doctor_Hoo&utm_campaign=reprint request

Kochikens on
  • Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Man, the Who shirt is fantastic. Is it still in print? Tell me the design is just called "Who?"

http://www.threadless.com/product/2899/Doctor_Hoo?utm_source=cms&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Doctor_Hoo&utm_campaign=reprint request

I saw! :) And I am taking full credit as clearly MY reprint request got this done!

header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options

I saw! :) And I am taking full credit as clearly MY reprint request got this done!

Excellent work! Genius idea!

• Options
    FANTOMAS wrote: »

If you are making a list of songs with the most covers and re-versions, you probably HAVE to listen to sweet home alabama, like a thousand times.

In my figure drawing class many moons ago, we could bring in music and would alternate albums in class. One day a student brought in a cd he made, it was nothing but covers of "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone." In the middle of the sixth version (this one by Wyclef Jean) the teacher got up, ejected the disk, broke it in half, pointed at the student and said "you're an asshole." and we all sat in silence for the rest of the day.

• Options

In my figure drawing class many moons ago, we could bring in music and would alternate albums in class. One day a student brought in a cd he made, it was nothing but covers of "Ain't no sunshine when she's gone." In the middle of the sixth version (this one by Wyclef Jean) the teacher got up, ejected the disk, broke it in half, pointed at the student and said "you're an asshole." and we all sat in silence for the rest of the day.

And on that day your teacher learned that everyone else's taste in music sucks.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular

pffft well IIII re-quested the hoodie
    which they did
    so
    imma wear the hecks out of it

• Options

I would have done the same thing, but instead of calling him asshole I would just stare at him and slowly shake my head.

• Options
    Mynt wrote: »

I told myself that even if I don't make it on Strip Search, I'll be making my comic... Something like this would help to hold myself accountable.

I was thinking NatCoWriMo? Co for comic, of course.

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    or Alive
    god, fuck Eddie Vedder's stupid singing voice

hey, fuck YOU buddy :bz
    e: yeah, I don't listen to the first record at all anymore.

Mayday on
  • Options
    edited September 2012

I would have done the same thing, but instead of calling him asshole I would just stare at him and slowly shake my head.

It was pretty much the greatest thing ever, the music people brought in was usually terrible anyway. I brought Brad Mehldau's Largo, and it went over better than I expected. Tom Waits' Rain Dogs...not so well...No accounting for taste.

brokecracker on
  • Options
    MyntMynt Registered User regular
    Mynt wrote: »

I was thinking NatCoWriMo? Co for comic, of course.

Oh yeah... that's a lot better. :)

Seeing as how the process for making a comic has a few more steps than writing a novel, maybe we should have different goals based on how far along the process you are. Because I know if I did 5 layout pages a day, I'd outdraw my script before the month was out.

Like each day, you should have:

X script pages written
    or
    Y layout pages
    or
    Z inked pages

• Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    So I grabbed FTL. Subsequent hours down the drain. :(

header_image_sm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.