Options

I've [CHAT] you for a thousand years, a thousand years

• Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    It kind of feels like nobody is taking my sailor moon tongue tattoo idea seriously

I'm pretty sure it would wear off anyways. Tattoos on the lip and palms don't last very long. But maybe the tongue is different, or impossible. Also painful as fuck id imagine.

EDIT: Ugh totp

totp.jpg

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    As one of those people who "thinks the rules don't apply to him", tattoos are something I feel like I should have, but I can never decide on what I want.
    Everytime I've decided what I want, and then built up the courage to think about maybe having it done at some stage, I have invariably changed my mind about what I want imprinted on my body and then have to go through the process again.

• Options
    Mustang wrote: »
    As one of those people who "thinks the rules don't apply to him", tattoos are something I feel like I should have, but I can never decide on what I want.
    Everytime I've decided what I want, and then built up the courage to think about maybe having it done at some stage, I have invariably changed my mind about what I want imprinted on my body and then have to go through the process again.

You just have to look for things that likely won't go out of style for a long, long time- thus saving you from the embarrassment of being forever branded with a temporary fad.

I suggest a picture of a standard 3 5/8”x2 1/4”x8” red clay brick.

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    I would agree on C grade with exceptional visuals. I just prefer the original alien because it's A grade with C visuals.

whoa there. Alien is A grade movie with A grade visuals. Like, half of those shots are brilliant. The other half are sublime.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Prometheus wasn't that bad as long as you didn't think about it too much and it looked absolutely beautiful in
    40858265.jpg

• Options
    HalenHalen Registered User regular
    Congratulations brokecracker!

Draw an egg.
  • Options
    I actually didn't care for the 3D much- maybe my eyes are borked but it really never had the same smoothness 2D had. There was always some... strange lines going through since (i guess) every other frame went to the other eye. Or something.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    Halen wrote: »
    Congratulations brokecracker!

Thanks! I went over and talked to them today! It seems like a super cool company, the conference room was covered with space invader decals and old NES carts. I was all "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Sounds like an awesome place to work, mate. Glad that's working out for you.

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    grats to U crac

also, for the record i love the visuals in alien

HEY anyone playing Borderlands 2 on ps3???

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I play on the superior Xbox 360 platform

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    MyntMynt Registered User regular
    I've got it on PC... Looking for people to shoot the shit with :)

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Grats broke!

I'm still looking for work, but hopefully these personal projects I'm working on will start to beef up my portfolio...

I want to buy borderlands but I was good and got a gym membership for the same price instead.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I'm trying to switch my site over to my new web host and it's having me do all this crazy shit that I never remember having to do before.

Also it's not working, which is always fun.

D:

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    For some reason I can't post in this thread on mobile. Only ever this thread. Just can't post in it.

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    @NightDragon you are a huge talent, I'm sure will find work soon! If you need a place to crash in B-more I live in the city again. Firaxis and Bethesda are still players here, even with no Big Huge Games.

Epic said they were going to take up the torch in the baltimore area, I hope that it isn't going to be years out for MICAs sake, but who knows

• Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    Hello, internet. I'm arting again. Which means I'm procrastinating on the forums as opposed to being productive again.

• Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    God damn. Came home to an empty house for the first time in like six months. So relaxing.

(I live in a small one bedroom apt with my GF and a couch guy. No. Fucking. Space.)

• Options
    Did that for two years. Don't miss a day of it.

• Options
    Iruka wrote: »
    @NightDragon you are a huge talent, I'm sure will find work soon! If you need a place to crash in B-more I live in the city again. Firaxis and Bethesda are still players here, even with no Big Huge Games.

Epic said they were going to take up the torch in the baltimore area, I hope that it isn't going to be years out for MICAs sake, but who knows

Thanks mang. I actually got some contract work recently, so that should hold me over for the time being.

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    Hey, Manonvon!

• Options
    Sublimus wrote: »
    God damn. Came home to an empty house for the first time in like six months. So relaxing.

(I live in a small one bedroom apt with my GF and a couch guy. No. Fucking. Space.)

In a 1BR as well and I can totally relate. I love my GF with all my heart, but man, sometimes it feels so good when I'm just here by myself. I don't know how you do it with a couch guy. :P

• Options
    Hey Toaster. Glad to see you're still around here. I'm getting some booklets printed soon. I recall you having a fair amount of experience with this. Which is more common with printers? Overprinting to the age of say an A4 sheet to get A5 booklets or printing with a few millimeter trim space around the edge and having the books trimmed down?

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    I'm trying to switch my site over to my new web host and it's having me do all this crazy shit that I never remember having to do before.

D:

Let me know if you need any help. I do networking and infrastructure stuffs for a living, don't ya know.

• Options
    Grifter wrote: »

D:

Let me know if you need any help. I do networking and infrastructure stuffs for a living, don't ya know.

Oh sweet! Thank you. I'll send you the message I just sent their Support guys.
    Mynt wrote: »

In a 1BR as well and I can totally relate. I love my GF with all my heart, but man, sometimes it feels so good when I'm just here by myself. I don't know how you do it with a couch guy. :P

I ended up living with my BF all-of-a-sudden when our company went under in May. It was completely unplanned but we basically just spent all our time together...I think it was just too stressful a situation to have to handle alone. He just moved into his new apartment an hour away for a new job...it's kinda sad for the both of us, but we both agreed that wasn't how we'd wanted "living together" to start, heh. :P Also, it was almost impossible for me to work while he was here. I can't get "in the zone" for art-making for 4 hours when somebody else is in the room!

On the other hand, it's kinda nice having the place to myself more often, now. I'm generally way more used to this. I do miss having him around a lot, though. Mixed and conflicting emotions abound!

• Options
    Grifter wrote: »

D:

Oh sweet! Thank you. I'll send you the message I just sent their Support guys.

I ended up living with my BF all-of-a-sudden when our company went under in May. It was completely unplanned but we basically just spent all our time together...I think it was just too stressful a situation to have to handle alone. He just moved into his new apartment an hour away for a new job...it's kinda sad for the both of us, but we both agreed that wasn't how we'd wanted "living together" to start, heh. :P Also, it was almost impossible for me to work while he was here. I can't get "in the zone" for art-making for 4 hours when somebody else is in the room!

On the other hand, it's kinda nice having the place to myself more often, now. I'm generally way more used to this. I do miss having him around a lot, though. Mixed and conflicting emotions abound!

AH! I know EXACTLY how you feel! My girlfriend left her job and moved in with me till she could get back on her feet. But ended up staying after anyways... Which is fine with me. I consider myself lucky, though, as she's an artist as well. So we both know that work time = alone time. But I think in every relationship, there's times when you just want to be by yourself, and having such a small space doesn't give you too many opportunities.

• Options
    I think another issue was that we were both still unemployed, so we literally spent the entire day, almost every single day, together (so yeah, very little time available to be alone). He was great about leaving the room for a number of hours to let me work if I asked him, but it always made me feel bad to ask. I didn't want to have him suffer in the un-air-conditioned living room on the uncomfortable couch. :C And I still had this giant hang-up about "but SOMEBODY is still in the house! I'm auto-distracted!"...I don't know what my issue is. :P

• Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    Yeah. Basically if anyone is home, I can't work. So I just go into work early every morning to get some stuff done before I have to do work stuff.

• Options
    And I still had this giant hang-up about "but SOMEBODY is still in the house! I'm auto-distracted!"...I don't know what my issue is. :P
    Yeah I get that too, I can only do art stuff in a vacated house or an everybody is asleep situation.
    That being said I've hardly done any art this year....I have one major piece on the go which I throw an hour at every now and again, but that's about it.

• Options
    It's not just me! Wooo

• Options

couchguy1.jpg
    I don't know how you do it with a couch guy. :P

couchguy2.jpg

• Options
    Bacon is the best

there is no disputing this

• Options
    This is the reason I love these forums.

• Options
    Bacon is the best

there is no disputing this

couchguy3.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited September 2012
    HtPdy.jpg

couchguy4.jpg

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    Oh Bacon, you so funny.

• Options
    HtPdy.jpg
    uGrZM.jpg

• Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    God damn I love you guys.

'ruka and ND, you are both so monumentally talented, something good has to be waiting in the wings. Iruka, have you ever thought about teaching? You are always so helpful and instructional around the forums and on your blogs, seems like you might have the acumen for it.

I prefer an empty house to work in too! I can draw around my wife, but honestly I just got comfortable doing it this year, and we have been together for nine years now.

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Depends on
    Hey Toaster. Glad to see you're still around here. I'm getting some booklets printed soon. I recall you having a fair amount of experience with this. Which is more common with printers? Overprinting to the age of say an A4 sheet to get A5 booklets or printing with a few millimeter trim space around the edge and having the books trimmed down?

both are equally common. I usually make this decision based on two things:
    The style I'm going for - Does it have to bleed all the way to the edge?
    The budget I have - If there is going to be any sort of bleed or trimming, the price will go up.

If you fold an A4 to get a saddle stitched A5 booklet with no trimming it will be ridiculously cheap.

The lack of bleed can also be worked into the style of the book. The other day I had to make a booklet that needed to print cheap. I framed all the images within the booklet without any bleed and it looked nice! Not as nice as a full bleed, but still...

Random example page:
    No_Bleed.png

To me, full bleed looks great, and it helps cover up aligning mistakes made by lazy printers. So if you got the cash, trim it down.

MagicToaster on
This discussion has been closed.