As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I've [CHAT] you for a thousand years, a thousand years

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Hardly a miserable failure rts. Have you done any new paintings akin to the sci fi ones you posted a while back? Those were stellar.

• Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    I didn't mean for that to come out as depressing as it did... I tried to edit it a bunch but it wouldn't save for some reason. Anyways, no I haven't completed any more paintings. I have one that is a good distance in but I got pretty frustrated with it and put down the paintbrush well over a month ago.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I've already met him, Ryan. You're too late.

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Moss def played his cards right, they'd look stupid if they didnt hire him for some work now.

I'm gonna stop talking about Gearbox now, so I can get back to my sweet sweet Borderlands2. This game has a pretty great art style!

• Options
    Whatever ND! My collection of AC people I have met must grow. Bacon, Asamof, Ikage, KenDeathWalker, Prox and........ someone else we won't talk about. Actually there might be more... if I am forgetting someone I apologize.

• Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    I'm off to Istanbul guys! Brb, man that's a relative abbreviation. I guess I'll leave you with a cliffhanger.
    The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything is: revealed when I get back!

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    rts wrote: »
    The reactions to this are fucking sickening. Makes me want to just turn away from art.... because fuck people.

this killed me I'm dead
    people are shitty
    conglomerations of shit doing shitty things

now every time I feel like looking at opinions on the internet, I'm just going to go play with a dog

Tam on
  • Options
    Whatever ND! My collection of AC people I have met must grow. Bacon, Asamof, Ikage, KenDeathWalker, Prox and........ someone else we won't talk about. Actually there might be more... if I am forgetting someone I apologize.

are we not allowed to talk about Loomdun?

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    I'm selling all my crap, who wants a house full of stuff and a car?

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I'm selling all my crap, who wants a house full of stuff and a car?

Okay but how did you get the car in there?

• Options
    Unintentionally.

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    feed us all of your art supplies and books mt
    omnomnom

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    I don't really have any art supplies other than too many xacto knives, a scoring and folding tool and a cutting matt... also, lot's and lots of glue. Seriously though, I don't know what i'm going to do with all my books. I don't want to get rid of them, but it's gonna be expensive to ship them overseas.

BTW, have you guys seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_217910&feature=iv&index=1&list=UUzPAlRRUqh-PUYL5h9-PO8w&src_vid=btB8tb8fLYM&v=1lsfoi7hYrc

• Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Does anyone live near Anaheim? Turns out I may be getting flown out there in November for something awesome. I'm so excited! And I'm never on the west coast so it'd be a good chance to add to my "AC'ers I've met" list :B

• Options
    They're finally giving you a shot at trying out for the Mighty Ducks? Congrats!

Prox and Wasser are in the LA area...I think Beavo is somewhere in the OC area as well. I'm sure rts/cakemikz could make the drive up from San Diego with his giant dog probably.

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    I'm having one of those slow days were work has completely died off and I'm left looking at overpriced replica movie props on the internet and wondering how I can get them into my house a
    Tam wrote: »
    The reactions to this are fucking sickening. Makes me want to just turn away from art.... because fuck people.

this killed me I'm dead
    people are shitty
    conglomerations of shit doing shitty things

now every time I feel like looking at opinions on the internet, I'm just going to go play with a dog

What I got from this was "You should feel flattered that a big developer stole your idea."

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

Lol. Met? I had to endure a year in your presence! It was terrible. I dream in teal and tye dye. (I miss our work pod)
    @rts , when are we going to meet up?

Hey man! You tell me! You are the busy working artist. I am the miserable failure with nothing going on.

I judge success by having awesome dogs, so in my mind we are both doing fantastically. And to answer your question - I guess its on @prox - any lunchtime during the week or any weekend will do!
    They're finally giving you a shot at trying out for the Mighty Ducks? Congrats!

Prox and Wasser are in the LA area...I think Beavo is somewhere in the OC area as well. I'm sure rts/cakemikz could make the drive up from San Diego with his giant dog probably.

It would be awesome to meet every one of you.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    Meeting people from the internet is always uncomfortable for me, there's always that weird period of adjustment when you realise that they don't look or sound anything like you imagined them. Plus I'm a social cripple which makes things even worse.

• Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    I encountered my first DA art thief. I feel like a BIG SHOT

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    MyntMynt Registered User regular
    That's how you know you've made it, right?

• Options
    Mustang wrote: »
    Meeting people from the internet is always uncomfortable for me, there's always that weird period of adjustment when you realise that they don't look or sound anything like you imagined them. Plus I'm a social cripple which makes things even worse.

I would love a list of just what you imagine each of us look and sound like.

(Although I doubt mine would be particularly interesting considering I've splashed my pictures and voice around here a lot already, so I don't know what that leaves to be amusingly misrepresented. You could take a stab at imagining what I smell like, I guess.)

• Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    I don't really have any art supplies other than too many xacto knives, a scoring and folding tool and a cutting matt... also, lot's and lots of glue. Seriously though, I don't know what i'm going to do with all my books. I don't want to get rid of them, but it's gonna be expensive to ship them overseas.

BTW, have you guys seen this?

I think it looks like fun but the soundtrack makes me want to kill myself.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    You could take a stab at imagining what I smell like, I guess.)

A mix of old car smell and charcoal.
    Melting Doll - new books
    Sieg - Beer and War
    Wasser - Winter Rain
    Mynt - Mint
    Trip - Candy and Journal paper
    MagicToaster - Tea and guacamole
    Moly - Menthol Cigarettes
    Tam - Blueberry Chewing Gum
    Metal - Hot Slag
    Menace - Swap water
    Night Dragon - Pine Trees
    Ryan - BBQ Steak
    Earthworm - Paint and Skateboards
    Prosp - Old crow

That's everyone on the page.

Mustang on
  • Options

Go on...

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    Now I'm on the page.

Jerk.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Melting Doll - new books

...Hmmm

• Options
    edited September 2012
    New books about flowers and fairies?

Nappuchino smells of the friend zone.

Mustang on
  • Options
    I uh
    at the moment that I read that comment
    I was
    chewing blueberry flavored chewing gum

• Options
    Melting Doll - new books

...Hmmm

Well, I think new book smell is hot at least. I dunno why the perfume industry is such a big thing when people would be far more attractive if they just rubbed dictionaries all over themselves on a regular basis.

At the very least it's better than smelling like an abandoned Buick Roadmaster left to die in the middle of a forest fire like me, apparently.

I'm still trying to figure out how exactly I manage to give off that impression.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Im trying to figure out 'winter rain'

• Options
    Melting Doll - new books

...Hmmm

Well, I think new book smell is hot at least.

Watching you two is like watching a sitcom where you know the male and female protagonists will eventually hook up at some stage, but the writers keep on dragging it out in order to keep the ratings up.

• Options
    HalenHalen Registered User regular
    You could take a stab at imagining what I smell like, I guess.)

Melting Doll - new books
    Sieg - Beer and War
    Wasser - Winter Rain
    Mynt - Mint
    Trip - Candy and Journal paper
    MagicToaster - Tea and guacamole
    Moly - Menthol Cigarettes
    Tam - Blueberry Chewing Gum
    Metal - Hot Slag
    Menace - Swap water
    Night Dragon - Pine Trees
    Ryan - BBQ Steak
    Earthworm - Paint and Skateboards
    Prosp - Old crow

That's everyone on the page.

That's quite beautiful really.

Draw an egg.
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    I will never understand you smellers

• Options
    Kochikens wrote: »
    I will never understand you smellers
    I'm still trying to figure out what "hot slag" even is

• Options
    A google image Search reveals that I smell like red hot chunks of metal.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Alright. It sounds like we should plan a Southern California AC meetup in November.

We should all bring sketchbooks.

Keep us updated on when you will be around MD.

rts on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    The concept of swap water is gross.

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Monday...grrr!

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular

Lol. Met? I had to endure a year in your presence! It was terrible. I dream in teal and tye dye. (I miss our work pod)

:lol: Yesssssss! And yeah, Scott + Ben + Denise and I have game night sometimes...and it seems like every time we hang out, we say "I miss our pod". Sigh! Perhaps we will all re-pod with some of our workmates in the future. :)

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Looks like Sam Sniderman died. Wish that his store was still there on Yonge Street. End of an era for Toronto. I suppose they'll always live on in the T2: Judgement Day chase scene. He was 92 and died peacefully in his sleep.

This discussion has been closed.