As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I've [CHAT] you for a thousand years, a thousand years

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    Dudes, is there a way to completely kill the draft thing from this forum? (other than manually deleting them one by one)

I just type "." and save it. A tiny annoyance, but a speedy half-solution. :)

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    I will try that, thanks nightdragon

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited September 2012
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    Dudes, is there a way to completely kill the draft thing from this forum? (other than manually deleting them one by one)

There's a little gear in the top right hand corner of the forum. The drop down should have a link to My Drafts.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/drafts

@rts - Yeah, I can imagine. You should've seen the back seat in our car. It wasn't cleaned for months and it looked like half of the beach was in there. Fortunately, we had one of those waterproof dog covers for the back seat that kept it a bit in check on the actual upholstery. But it wasn't cheap when we took it to be detailed, that's for sure. They spent all day and broke two vacuums cleaning the interior of our car.

Have you seen the furminator brush?

http://www.furminator.com/

I've been wanting to get one for my dog. He sheds like a mofo. My wife sweeps the house everyday and there's still dog hair all over the place.

Grifter on
    Grifter wrote: »
    There's a little gear in the top right hand corner of the forum. The drop down should have a link to My Drafts.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/drafts

Gasp

I didn't know this even existed! .......and I didn't realize I had so many unused drafts!

• .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    Some of the wonders that are my "Nah I won't post that" drafts:
    POMPOUS HOMPS.
    If you guys are geniunely having trouble eating Creme Eggs just pretend the goo is chicken semen. I find that helps it go down easier.

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
    tynic
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    That's some good advice.

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Thanks Grief, but I knew that place, that is where I go to delete them one by one, any way to avoid drafts being created ?

PS: those are good drafts, the problem I have is that I never ralice I have them, and they get posted as a preamble to the post.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
    Unfortunately, I don't believe there's a way to turn drafts off.

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    guys can I have an action figure of Van Gogh? cause look http://treasure-toys.ocnk.net/product/902

Why does it even exist? I wish I could read any of the text.

Iruka wrote: »
    guys can I have an action figure of Van Gogh? cause look http://treasure-toys.ocnk.net/product/902

Vincent Van Gogh 1/6 Figure Full Set * Reservation (Deluxe Edition)
    Price: 169,800 yen (tax included)

Vincent Van Gogh 1/6 Figure Full Set of Serang World (Deluxe Edition).
    1/6 Action Figures of size (30cm approx.) World body [10] limited [Complete Book] by special order for custom order * complete reservation, orders after payment is confirmed it will be. * For low-volume production, as soon as there is no inventory, end I will assume. * Will be in stock, the November-December is,. (Because there is only a guideline could significantly delayed please understand.) [contents] - Painted Headsculpt - Hat - Pipe - Boots - Clothing (Shirts + Pants + Jacket + Smock) ※ - Hands - Easel - Folding Cair - Painter Box with Supplies ※ - Reprinted Gogh's Painting (Printed Fabric) 3 Pieces Set (98mm × 78mm Resin, Type one:: 122mm, Type two 153mm ×) Canvas Frame two Set - (※) Weathered on Clothgin and Painter Box image (the last such as a bandage that is) and not included may differ from the actual product prototype is one of the image ※. ※ When the imported goods, there might be damage to the package, such as crushed corners. ☆ This item has been introduced in our blog. ♪ Please enjoy so we put multiple images to "Diary Toretoi"

• MyntMynt Registered User regular

Oh snap, He even comes with "battle damage"!

• DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    That is way more impressive than I was expecting it to be.

He would look good next to this model of a NY Deli.

http://alanwolfson.net/katzs_deli.htm

Well, I was just made redundant...

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular

:(

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

shit.

Yeah, not a happy day. Kind of annoyed about it. Hopefully, I find something soon, though. At least this time I don't have to move countries for a new job. I'm already in Toronto and there seems to be a lot of jobs here. I just need to find one that's fit for me. So, tonight I relax and drink some beer. Tomorrow, I hit the ground running by updating my CV and sending out applications on Linkedin and Monster. Need to check out the local papers for job listings in there too.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Glad you're tackling it positively. And yeah, the job market in Toronto doesn't look too bad. Still. Indulge in that beer.

Sorry to here that, Grif.

• MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    rts wrote: »
    My avatar is from a faction in a sci-fi war game (Homeworld). Sorry I made a similar avatar to yours ND, I will try to find a way to change it to look different while still displaying my loyalty to Hiigara.

Flying bananaship icon go! I've always been partial to the kadeshi. My evil arch-nemesis icon is this + this, and it is kind of a personal logo. It will likely be tattooed on me in the near future.

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
    I found a few listings on Linkedin that look like they might be alright. Will have to send in my CV tomorrow and see how things go. Company gave me a month's pay as severance plus my untaken vacation days. Doesn't really give me a lot of money to work with right now but I'm really hoping that something comes up quickly.

• earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    What do you peeps send your resume files to jobs as? My designer friend says PDF but it's not for a design job. So my other friends say a word document. That just seems...wrong.

I tried setting up a google doc and that was just awful. HALP?

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

Van Gogh action figure looks like the love child of Sigmund Freud and GI Joe. It's impressively detailed, but I doubt the real Vincent cut such a heroic figure.
    I found a few listings on Linkedin that look like they might be alright. Will have to send in my CV tomorrow and see how things go. Company gave me a month's pay as severance plus my untaken vacation days. Doesn't really give me a lot of money to work with right now but I'm really hoping that something comes up quickly.

I'm thinking I might be redundant in a year or so, it's been so quiet here and my new manager is massively stats driven. The good news is, since I've been here so long and have a huge amount of accrued leave, I'll get about 7-8 months pay when I walk out the door. There's part of me that almost hopes it will happen, as it'll clear all my debts and give me a pretty rocking deposit on a house.

Mustang on
    What do you peeps send your resume files to jobs as? My designer friend says PDF but it's not for a design job. So my other friends say a word document. That just seems...wrong.

If I can, I try to contact the potential employers and ask what kind of file format they'd like my documentation in. Some are very strict, some really don't care.

If they aren't specific, I usually send PDF. Even if the job isn't design oriented.

I usually go with a PDF. I think it's recommended (regardless of if it's a design job or not) because PDF's don't generally have compatibility issues.

NibCrom
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular

I never send documents in an editable format unless requested. My default is PDF

NibCrom
    PDF is the way to go. It's more professional and you're less likely to run into compatibility issues.

Yeah, I always go with PDF. Everyone generally has Acrobat Reader installed on their computer.

Yay OK

That will be much better because getting everything to fit on one page in Word was proving to be a nightmare. It really easy to fit everything in using photoshop.

The one page thing isn't really something you need to adhere to, I've found. Make sure your key points are on the front page. You want to catch their attention. But I think it helps to provide more information too. I think my CV is about three pages now. I make sure that the links to my Linkedin page and stuff are clickable too. I have a bunch of recommendations on Linkedin so I want to make sure it's easy for employers to get to that page and see that information.

I see I see

Thanks you guyz

Writing a great CV is like great design, proving that you're perfect for the job with as little information as possible.

Mustang wrote: »

I'm thinking I might be redundant in a year or so, it's been so quiet here and my new manager is massively stats driven. The good news is, since I've been here so long and have a huge amount of accrued leave, I'll get about 7-8 months pay when I walk out the door. There's part of me that almost hopes it will happen, as it'll clear all my debts and give me a pretty rocking deposit on a house.

Yeah, I wish that was the case for me. They gave me a month's pay on top of my last pay check, which is nice. But that's not a whole lot for me to really deal with life since my wife still isn't able to work. My pay check covers everything. I need to find a job fast. We realistically can cover the rent and bills for October and November and they we're completely fucked.

You never know Grif, you might land something right away and then be able to buy a whole heap of tacos with all that extra cash.

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Some people say stick to a one-page C.V., others have told me employers never read beyond the first page. Normally I stick to one but really I think it'd depend on the employer and the seniority of the position you're applying to.

Aside from that there is a Tibetan statue carved from a meteorite then stolen by Nazis. Possibly the coolest object on the planet.

Flay on
    Best of luck in your job hunts dudes, voluntary or otherwise. Not looking forward to the headfirst dive of job-market-entry that will come after graduation.

edited September 2012
    Definitely start looking for a job months before you graduate.

I've had a rough week, guys. E-hugs are appreciated, though I'll also accept e-chocolate and e-dogs.

[edit] Though not e-dogs with e-chocolate inside them. That would be a sadness.

NightDragon on
    edited September 2012
    I think the biggest issue is that I don't know of anyone looking for entry-level anythings anywhere. I'll probably do a H+A topic when I can summon the courage to do more than paddle around in a shallow pool of dread.

chocolate_labrador_puppy_hug_cartoon_pillow-rd6fb68e292924123b0d6735208d20566_2izwx_400.jpg
    chocolate lab puppyhugs

Molybdenum on
    NightDragon
  • <e-huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggsss>

Also e-chocolates shaped like dogs. E-chocolate chocolate labs, specifically.

Sounds like all y'all could use some hugs/dogs/chocolates, and hugs from dogs. So like, pretend that's happening and feel better.

Unless one of you guys actually went and dropped the required $2186.17 on that Van Gogh action figure. It's cool and all but if you can afford to piss away your money on something like that I have no sympathy for you, go get your own e-shit on your own e-time.

NightDragon
    Man... seems like a lot of AC is in the need of some e-love. :(

I'm definitely still a noobie around here, but I hope the e-hug-filled-chocolate-dogs I'm sending out help! I hope all of your situations improve soon!

This discussion has been closed.