As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I've [CHAT] you for a thousand years, a thousand years

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Ooooh cool! What did you guys work on?

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Oh man that's so awesome looking. So cool to see two PAACers working on a project together.

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    That's awesome!

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The project Jen and I have been working on:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9nvnrP0j8U

not big on MMOs, but I might buy the game just to see what you and ND did
    grumbling about having to fight through monsters just to take screen shots of magnificent vistas

Tam on
  • BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    Uuuuuuuugh! I'm experiencing some kind of art back-up! I require a scanner, yet lack access to one. Must scan my mediocre doodles, and display them to harsh criticisms!! >=O

And also, hello. How are you?

• PROXPROX Registered User regular
    I really digg the shapes and colors in your designs!

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Neaaaaaaat you guys!!

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    My new motto is, report them all, let the mods sort them.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    Tam wrote: »
    The project Jen and I have been working on:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9nvnrP0j8U

not big on MMOs, but I might buy the game just to see what you and ND did
    grumbling about having to fight through monsters just to take screen shots of magnificent vistas

Yeah, seriously standout environments. That's totally rad, you two. I'll definitely be checking that out.

header_image_sm.jpg
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Flying back to Bermuda tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing my family and friends. Hoping to get some sailing time in while I'm there too.

I have very recently discovered this thread, and I was amazed by it, if anyone hasnt seen it (its from 2010) you should definitely at least give it a quick look.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/111280/inaccurately-draw-a-horse/p1

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Oh man, I remember that thread. I think I even contributed to it, good times.

steam_sig.png
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Thanks for all the support, guys! :D

Feel free to post that around and spread the word.

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    The original thread by Tube was fun too. How many people do you reckon received infractions for "failure to accurately draw a horse?"

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    Nice stuff, WasserNightMeloneDragon!

I'm in the mood to play some kinda co-op game, but I dunno what. I know Diablo 3 is the new hot shit, but having never played any of those games before (and generally not being much of an RPG loot n' levels kinda guy), I'm not sure if I'd be into it/anyone would want to put up with me bumbling around. DayZ looks interesting, but I'm not sure if I could convince anyone I know to buy Arma 2 just for it (I'm having a hard enough time convincing myself to do so), and I could see it either being wildly entertaining or unbelievably boring.

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Well what kind of games do you usually enjoy the most?

steam_sig.png
    I'm sure you could meet up with a bunch of PA'ers to play DayZ. Just hit up that thread and make some friends.

That said, the game seems incredibly jank (because ARMA2 is incredibly jank). If you can look past the jank... then you'll probably enjoy the game.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Man, I just had a great art idea while I was sketching. Then I looked it up on the internet and it seems to have been done. Not exactly how I want to though... so I'm thinking I may go ahead with it, but it's still a huge bummer.

Nice stuff, WasserNightMeloneDragon!

I'm in the mood to play some kinda co-op game, but I dunno what. I know Diablo 3 is the new hot shit, but having never played any of those games before (and generally not being much of an RPG loot n' levels kinda guy), I'm not sure if I'd be into it/anyone would want to put up with me bumbling around. DayZ looks interesting, but I'm not sure if I could convince anyone I know to buy Arma 2 just for it (I'm having a hard enough time convincing myself to do so), and I could see it either being wildly entertaining or unbelievably boring.

Multiplayer games I have played and enjoyed (2 to 4 players).

Saints Row 3 - it does get old before you can finish the game, but untill then is very entretaining.

Arma - Eventhough its slow, like its predecesor Flashpoint, the only bad thing about that game were bugs that made the game crash... constantly. So if you are thinking of buying any version of that game, check the forums, see if the people complain about bugs that cant be fixed.

Titans Quest something - a Diablo 2 ripoff that I bought for some ridiculous low price, repetition ensued.

Left4Dead - 1 and 2, if you get 4 players you know in RL, who wont take offense to insults, its an AMAZINGLY entretaining option. Doesnt last too long, either of them.

now, the ones I enjoyed a lot more are.

Mount&Blade - The RP mod. That is a game that has an unbelivable potential, if you have a couple of friends and little to no lag, its superb. If not familiar with singleplayer and regular deathmatch multiplayer it can be a steep learning curve, graphically not very appealing, conceptually incredible.

And for me, at the top of any multiplayer list, and completely willing to stab anyone who disagrees, Portal 2. That game gave me hope about video games industry.

PS: In retrospect I havent been playig new games lately.

as for left 4 dead... if you find a good group to play with, that shit lasts man. When we get tired of the core game, we entertain ourselves by making meta games. Then when we get tired of those, the core game seems fresh again. And so on and so on.

I have 304 hours in l4d1.

and 544 hours in l4d2.

Yeah... I know.

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    I definitely want to check out Day Z, but I can't bring myself to spend $30 on something I'm not sure I'll like.

As for other co-op things...

Rayman Origins has great local multiplayer, but is also a really great solo experience.

Terraria looks kind of RPG-like on the surface, but it's really an action game at heart, and is really great to play with good friends.

A lot of my friends have been playing a tonne of Dungeon Defenders lately, but I never really got in to it. Probably not your thing if you're not interested in looting and tower defenses.

Guild Wars 2. while being an MMO, has no monthly fee and is a pretty great co-op experience. It does a lot of things differently to other MMOs, de-emphasising grinding and emphasizing fun.

And there's always Torchlight 2 if you wanted to try something Diablo-eque with the diablo pricing or server issues.

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    There's also earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon, which has 3 player coop and is fun for just shooting waves of giant insects and robots while destroying the city you're allegedly trying to protect, while sometimes having a jetpack

Or Dino Beatdown, which is fun for just shooting waves of velociraptors and T-rexes while sometimes having a jetpack.

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed playing Splinter Cell Conviction with my brother. That and portal 2 are what I'd say are true co-op games, you literally can't complete them without your buddy and that's what I like about them.

• GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Hey guys, i'm thinking about raising some money with my artwork to help pay for my sister's high medical expenses. I don't want to promote/spam anything, i'm just curious if there's a website out there in the same vein as kickstarter that could help in a small way.

Anyone have any leads?

• PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    you can try https://www.wepay.com/

they have an easy setup i think...

tumblr_m40h4ksiUa1qbyxr0o1_400.gif

PROX on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    That is an awesome gif, Prox hahah

• TamTam Registered User regular
    Yo @Angel_of_Bacon : thanks for that tablet pressure tweaker
    I had the opposite problem to yours, I wanted to apply more force

It's neat, ain't it?

Speaking of Photoshoppy kinda stuff, I just bought CS6. Only I can't use it because at no point before hitting the Place Order button did Adobe make clear that they only process orders/let you download shit on weekday business hours. What is the point of having an internet if I can't buy things immediately, whenever?

Also on the co-op game thing, I ended up going with Diablo 3 because a friend of mine wanted to play it.

DIABLO BATTLETAG PLZ

Mine is jellycakes#1623!

AngelofBacon#1546 (are there really 1545 other ones out there...?)

Hardy har

Added!

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Just get married already, wouldja?!

edited May 2012
    Can I join?

edit: the marriage, not Diablo.

Nappuccino on

• JeckalHydeJeckalHyde Lord Awesome New ZealandRegistered User regular
    im JeckalHyde#1139 for diablo

Oh we are already. It just happened while he was sleeping

yeahoksureHEY PEOPLE ON THE WEST COAST GO OUTSIDE IT'S AN ECLIPSSSSSSSE

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    yeahoksureHEY PEOPLE ON THE WEST COAST GO OUTSIDE IT'S AN ECLIPSSSSSSSE

Yup. Watched it already. I even had a ton of cardboard squares to make little pinhole cameras. There were people all over the block in their front yards holding cardboard up; it was awesome.

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    DIABLO BATTLETAG PLZ

Mine is jellycakes#1623!

Berrymilk#1658!

• ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    I'm NDeR#1355

So here is my official review of Diablo 3.

Normal
    :)
    Nightmare
    :D
    Hell
    :O
    Inferno
    o_0

This discussion has been closed.