As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The 4th Annual Post-PAX Party - REGISTRATION IS LIVE.

• Options
    afeil117afeil117 Registered User regular
    Arco wrote: »
    I'm pretty confident we'll sell out. The buzz is starting to build (no idea why it took so long this year) and people have mentioned that they've had to wait until later in the month to buy their tickets.

We aren't screwed if we don't sell out. I just call Jillian's and adjust our headcount from 300 to 275 or something. I'd rather not do that (mostly because I'll consider it a failure :P), and I don't think we'll have to.

So, very important question for you guys. I had enough ThinkGeek points (from buying prizes for this thing 4 years in a row) to get a free Darth Vader Force FX Lightsaber. I've always wanted one of my own, and this was a nice bonus prize for me. But I couldn't decide between the Luke (RotJ) saber and the Vader saber, so I got them both.

I'm giving ONE away as a raffle prize, and keeping one for myself.

Which one do you guys want? ;)

OMG VADER VADER VADER... if I don't win this I will whore myself out to whoever does for it... amazing!

Rocko Is NOT Amused!
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I'm starting to fall in love with the Vader saber. I agree, Luke's was a bit of a letdown.

I do still have $300 in raffle money to spend. I could just buy another Vader and have it shipped to Seattle, and give two lightsabers away. ;)

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Arco wrote: »
    I'm starting to fall in love with the Vader saber. I agree, Luke's was a bit of a letdown.

I do still have $300 in raffle money to spend. I could just buy another Vader and have it shipped to Seattle, and give two lightsabers away. ;)

You sly man, you.

• Options
    KillerMcDeadKillerMcDead Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I have no idea regarding their availability, but the one FX saber I still kick myself for not having grabbed when I saw it was the Mace Windu saber...Ugh, it was so nice!
    mace_b3.jpg

They aren't on thinkgeek, but Amazon and Hasbro both have em for $99.......

I'm just sayin' is all :winky:

Either way, the bounty looks very......bountiful! Looking forward to another awesome party!

KillerMcDead on
  • Options
    soonerjuddsoonerjudd Registered User regular
    Crap! Just went to buy my ticket and they're all sold out. No PPP for me :cry:

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Page says there is still 40 something tickets left for me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    deflatermau5deflatermau5 CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm in the same situation as you dude. It took me by complete surprise how fast the last 25% or so tickets sold out so quickly. Oh well, i guess no PPP for me either unless i can find some people who can't go for whatever reason and need to unload or get rid of some of their tickets by Sunday. But, for now, i cry :cry:

• Options
    soonerjudd wrote: »
    Crap! Just went to buy my ticket and they're all sold out. No PPP for me :cry:
    I'm in the same situation as you dude. It took me by complete surprise how fast the last 25% or so tickets sold out so quickly. Oh well, i guess no PPP for me either unless i can find some people who can't go for whatever reason and need to unload or get rid of some of their tickets by Sunday. But, for now, i cry :cry:

There are still 48 tickets available. Try clearing your cache or using a different browser.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    For me it shows it's sold out if I click the link on my phone, but if I use the computer it shows tickets left.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I vote instead of a 360 a 3DS (either XL or normal). Anyone who wants an xbox probably already has one, but lots of people don't have 3DS yet, or would like members of their families to also have one (StreetPass, yo!)

Also, portable systems much easier to SURPRISE! pack home.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    I have no idea regarding their availability, but the one FX saber I still kick myself for not having grabbed when I saw it was the Mace Windu saber...Ugh, it was so nice!
    mace_b3.jpg

Either way, the bounty looks very......bountiful! Looking forward to another awesome party!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/b72c/?srp=13
    Isn't that the Mace Windu Force FX lightsaber? Or were you thinking of the ones with the removable blade?

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    mikegonzalezmikegonzalez Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    I vote instead of a 360 a 3DS...

Heh, good point. I was actually thinking that when he first mentioned the Portal gun. That would have made getting through airport security a little more interesting.

Quick question for Arco: Do we need to bring a print-out of our tickets, or will we be able to use our Eventbrite mobile apps instead? The TWDT only asks to present your barcode in the app, so it must not be too difficult to manage. I'm worried I'm going to forget my ticket in Chicago.

"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."

XBL: ii Mike G ii - PSN: Greddy21 - Steam: notmikegonzalez - Slytherin - Death Eater
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    So I'm dumb and thought I had two fightpads for my 360 but only actually have one. I have one on order and it should get here before I leave on Wednesday afternoon, but shit happens and it could end up broken or something.

Does anyone have a pad they can bring with just in case?

Oh, and Persona 4 Arena WILL be there. :D

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    OptimusbryOptimusbry Event Designer Long Beach CARegistered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    So I'm dumb and thought I had two fightpads for my 360 but only actually have one. I have one on order and it should get here before I leave on Wednesday afternoon, but shit happens and it could end up broken or something.

Does anyone have a pad they can bring with just in case?

Oh, and Persona 4 Arena WILL be there. :D

I got one o these fancy 09 pax exclusive sticks,

mad-catz-tournament-edition-fightstick-20090831020245089-000.jpg

I'll see if I can fit it in my bag

Nintendo ID: Optimusbry :: Xbox Live: Optimus Bry :: PSN: Optimusbry :: Steam ID: Optimus Bry
  • Options
    akjak wrote: »
    I vote instead of a 360 a 3DS...

Heh, good point. I was actually thinking that when he first mentioned the Portal gun. That would have made getting through airport security a little more interesting.

Quick question for Arco: Do we need to bring a print-out of our tickets, or will we be able to use our Eventbrite mobile apps instead? The TWDT only asks to present your barcode in the app, so it must not be too difficult to manage. I'm worried I'm going to forget my ticket in Chicago.

Just your name is fine, honestly. The person checking people in will probably have the EventBrite app, which has a list of everyone to mark off. You absolutely don't need a printed ticket.

• Options
    Oh also, re: selling out.

EventBrite is kind of weird. Technically we've sold something like 300 tickets, because "raffle donations" count as a ticket. So on some parts of the EventBrite dashboard the event is sold out, and on others, it's not.

On top of that, the system holds any tickets that are part of an ongoing transaction for 15 minutes. So theoretically someone could select 10 tickets, click "next," go back, and the tickets remaining would be reduced by 10 for 15 minutes. Then they go back into the pool.

It's not great, honestly. I'm going to look into WePay for next year. They're an alternative to PayPal (YAY) and they just added integrated event management to their site. I'd like to investigate that.

tl;dr: We still have 48 tickets left. If you're concerned about getting yours and EventBrite is being lame, PM me.

• Options
    WePay is absolutely fantastic and their customer service is stellar. I'd definitely recommend you use them instead of Eventbrite.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    KillerMcDeadKillerMcDead Registered User regular
    kemikal wrote: »
    mace_b3.jpg

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/b72c/?srp=13
    Isn't that the Mace Windu Force FX lightsaber? Or were you thinking of the ones with the removable blade?

I stand corrected. I saw the Vader/Empire Luke sabers on the thumbnail and just assumed those were the only ones they carried! If I won a Mace Windu lightsaber, I might cry. We could get it on film.

• Options
    jthom252jthom252 Duarte, CARegistered User regular
    I just got my ticket, had to wait till the last minute due to some financial weirdness this year. Looking forward to this as a good way to end PAX and have some fun before the flight home.

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Hey Guys, I was just down in the Jillian's neighborhood this afternoon, and want to extend a warning to anyone unfamiliar with the area.

The ENTIRE Mercer Corridor is a baffling array of construction projects and closed streets. You'll have to cross this Canyon of Detour Hell as it lies directly between you (the downtown hotels) and your destination (Jillian's).

Please please bring a map, and my suggestion for anyone who's driving is to park North of Jillian's, and up toward Dexter. The construction is only marginally bad up there and there's still parking available on some blocks.

I'm not fucking around here, it's awful.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Hey Guys, I was just down in the Jillian's neighborhood this afternoon, and want to extend a warning to anyone unfamiliar with the area.

The ENTIRE Mercer Corridor is a baffling array of construction projects and closed streets. You'll have to cross this Canyon of Detour Hell as it lies directly between you (the downtown hotels) and your destination (Jillian's).

Please please bring a map, and my suggestion for anyone who's driving is to park North of Jillian's, and up toward Dexter. The construction is only marginally bad up there and there's still parking available on some blocks.

How bad is the street car line messed up? Was planning on ridding that up to jillians and then group walking back

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    sanovah wrote: »

How bad is the street car line messed up? Was planning on ridding that up to jillians and then group walking back

I'm not sure - things are changing daily and the road closures and detours change daily too as they work on the streets. I definitely suggest checking the city's websites for construction plans, streetcar and bus lines the day before the party. Cabs might cost extra $$ if they have to be routed around the construction zone.

http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/ppmp_mercer.htm - Construction plans, detours and traffic rerouting
    http://metro.kingcounty.gov/ - City Bus Website

On a good note, the streetcar would only be affected for about the final couple blocks of the route, so even if it's not running the full line (which would get you safely across) if you got off before Mercer, it's pretty much just a big 2-block wide intersection to cross to Jillian's. Maybe 3-4 short blocks total.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    Ah thanks. Worst case I I'll just walk.,I know atleast one person is staying at my hotel that's also going to the, party

• Options
    edited August 2012

It's gotten worse since last year? Yeesh.

My other gamepad arrived successfully today! I'm good to go with two controllers. :D My homemade Hitbox will also be making an appearance for anyone that wants to try it out.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    28 tickets left. I'd suggest getting them now, because we're going to sell out either today or tomorrow at the rate we're going. :D

• Options
    InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular

I just took a look at the SDOT Seattle Travelers map, and it appears most of that South Lake Union construction is scheduled to be done by this Monday or Friday (except for Broad Street west of 9th, which is under construction through October... but that's not really in our way.) This city's departments can be obtuse at times, but they know to stay out of the way of Bumbershoot's traffic demands. (That alone will play havoc on South Lake Union traffic.) That map link is the SDOT's main interface for the real-time traffic cameras too, but I've noticed it's not very Android-friendly... Here's the list of cameras by street name.

2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    So, this is a maze that's expected to traverse sober, then traverse in reverse drunk?

6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    RandomAtomRandomAtom Registered User regular
    This sounds like a challenge, and when I'm drunk I love challenges. ACCEPTED!

EAST 2014 Ticket[X] Hotel [X] Transport [ ] Plan [ ]
    Find me on Steam.
  • Options
    ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    Ticket purchased (finally), can't wait! :D

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • Options
    When I last looked, there were 11 tickets left!

• Options
    nerdeannenerdeanne seattle, waRegistered User new member
    Says sold out on eventbrite!

• Options
    nerdeanne wrote: »
    Says sold out on eventbrite!

8 tickets left actually :) See arco's post a few posts ago about oddities with eventbrite.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Woooo sellout.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Infidel wrote: »
    Woooo sellout.

6 tickets left.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    Woooo sellout.

6 tickets left.

I am celebrating the impending sellout!

If you don't have tickets, don't worry there are some left ACTUALLY BETTER WORRY, GO GO GO.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    7 left as of this second. We will almost certainly sell out today. You've all been warned! :D

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Yes, yes!!!

I've been busting out the Rock Band at least an hour a day for the last week, to make sure my fretting hand and drum leg are strong. Drunk or sober, I'm prepared to rock the shit out of anything in the game.

Bring on PAX and the Post-PAX Party!

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    SOLD OUT.

A huge thanks to everyone who Facebooked, Tweeted, and spread the word to help sell the tickets. We did it with almost a week to spare.

The venue is locked in and everything is set. Now all I have to do is spend close to $400 in raffle money and have the prizes overnighted to my hotel in Seattle. ;)

Thanks everyone! SEE YOU ON SUNDAY!

• Options
    InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    TONIGHT!

2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • Options
    Now putting the call for a group walk from the westin out there. If you wanna walk together post here or hit me up on twitter at the same name

This discussion has been closed.