As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Choosing Health Insurance

muninnmuninn Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Here is some background on me. I am 26 year old male, with a history of not so stellar, but not terrible health. I am a bit overweight, and have an asymptomatic TB. Used to get sick as a kid but now I am much better.
Now I am a contractor, and hence do not get health insurance from my employer the way things are setup. I want to purchase my own insurance, since I need get back in shape, get myself checked out, and its a generally good idea to have one. I also have this weird bump on my skin I think it would be good to have checked out.
So, being a contractor, and having periodic periods of unemployment, I need to find a plan that would not rob me blind, but support doctors visits and a procedure or two when necessary.
Now, I have been reading about different plans such as HMOs, PPOs and network plans, and I was wondering what peoples expiriences are with different kinds, or different insurance companies. Basicaly, I am looking for any advice you could give me.

muninn on