As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLPFiM: Season 3 November 10th

• Options
    CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Lavok wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Ah irrational hatred. Always a fun time.
    I was browsing another forum and saw a thread started by a hater, I expected massive butthurt and drama, but instead the whole thing was somewhat civil, it actually kinda made me feel a bit better about this whole pony thing. Honestly, why can't we have more of that instead of shit like this:

>Hey guise, chek out these poniez
    OMG PONIS R GAY
    >Hate Detcted, lauch orbital frendshep canon lol!
    U BRONIEZ R ALL AUTISTIC MANCHILDS
    >Luv n Tolerance Bro
    NO U

That's pretty much what every hater vs. brony flamewar looks like to me.

petty mush, also throw in the random dick cheese who play the "bronies are pedofiles".

i had a guy who hate MLP (the super creepy furry guy who i play D&D with, he also hate dark knight, advantere time, and for being a hardcore gamer and troll TGWTG and 4chan, just found out last week about street fighter: the movie: the game) so i was wearing a pony shirt which is the old school mustang logo with dash, he just give me a look. also note he where a collor with dog tags. TBH i really just got the shirt at a con 2 weeks ago with a 2 for one deal, and the skyrim, star wars, and holy grail shirt won't fit. so i just saw this shirt which looks cool and i like mustangs.

Cyrondin on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    PMVs, eh? I've always liked this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV_0n5gp1fE

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Someone made a PMV using about half of Rush's 2112 album. It's pretty awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIABaWK5_Ys

My favorite PMV has gotta be the "Kill Your Heroes" one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEQ9SziqXhM

• Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    I don't like S Club 7 but this makes me smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPlpZATsNDc&feature=channel&list=UL

MLP trailers are the best. I can imagine what it would be like for someone to watch them out of context.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrTBgTCs-Ew&feature=channel&list=UL

• Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Can't forget Pony Swag. As I'm a fan of all the other work Swagberg (and aliases) do, this was great to see and hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1HZp4ClFXY&list=PL6794CECDE0A3270F&index=3&feature=plpp_video

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    BcKk2.jpg

• Options
    LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I hope he wins that Emmy, he definitely deserves it!

In other news . . . DO WANT.

Screenshot2012-05-08at32852PM.pngScreenshot2012-05-08at32904PM.pngScreenshot2012-05-08at33127PM.pngScreenshot2012-05-08at33516PM.pngScreenshot2012-05-08at32910PM.png

Pictures from the Arena. The ponies are on Taobao . . . unknown if they're blind bags or some other kind of prototypes.

Edit: Correction, they are not on Taobao, but on eBay. The seller is from China, in an area where there are lots of factories.

LadyM on
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I love that Granny Smith has a walker.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    LadyM wrote: »
    I hope he wins that Emmy, he definitely deserves it!

In other news . . . DO WANT.
    Screenshot2012-05-08at32852PM.pngScreenshot2012-05-08at32904PM.pngScreenshot2012-05-08at33127PM.pngScreenshot2012-05-08at33516PM.pngScreenshot2012-05-08at32910PM.png

Pictures from the Arena. The ponies are on Taobao . . . unknown if they're blind bags or some other kind of prototypes.

Edit: Correction, they are not on Taobao, but on eBay. The seller is from China, in an area where there are lots of factories.

These are real. :o
    545846_452693121414797_118429394841173_1917447_867225669_n.jpg
    Big Mac.....what've they done to you......;_;
    579350_452693148081461_118429394841173_1917448_1657029952_n.jpg
    Now if only we can get correct hair Fluttershy...
    536016_452693188081457_118429394841173_1917449_609187648_n.jpg
    Shining Armor stole all the male hormones for himself.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    All of my want. How do I go about purchasing these?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    MLP Facebook says it will be in sets. Apple Family, Pony Wedding and Cloudsdale set this fall.

Definitely getting Cloudsdale. I can totally see Surprise in the Wonderbolt suit. Maybe go even as far as getting the Pinkie Pie toy, cutting the hair, recolor it yellow and stick on this one.

Riokenn on
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    182668.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Watching this with audio transcribe on is glorious. Think that's only available on Youtube though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6BDvfgRF4s

Blurbl on
  • Options
    LilliLilli Registered User regular
    My little Fishies: Kois are Magic (Sorry, I can't help but think they look like koi...)

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Lilli wrote: »
    My little Fishies: Kois are Magic (Sorry, I can't help but think they look like koi...)

I kinda thought they looked like a creepy variant of fraggles.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    There's apparently a Big Macintosh in that set above, too... but he may have been gender-swapped.

Untitled3.jpg

Edit: argh, img links from above were blocked for me so I didn't see Big Mac was already posted. Sorry.

I'm An Elk; Shoot Me on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    vt9G9.jpg

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Blurbl wrote: »
    Watching this with audio transcribe on is glorious. Think that's only available on Youtube though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6BDvfgRF4s

Oh my. This is the best thing ever with transcribe captions on. So much hilarity.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Fanfic Recommendation: Naked Singularity
    Comedy
    Twilight Sparkle is a gifted student and scholar. When she attempts to harness her creative side by writing a science-themed sensual romance novel, however, things rapidly get out of hoof. Can her friends stage an intervention before she humiliates herself (and them) at a prestigious literature recital?

No. No, they cannot.

It's really, really funny!
    SabreMau wrote: »
    vt9G9.jpg

Hahaha! If I remember correctly, one of the simpsons writers was struggling to come up with a good episode idea so he wrote down 'Bart the homo' on a piece of paper and handed it in. And that's how Homer's Phobia was made. I love behind the curtain stories.

• Options
    vt9G9.jpg

Make it so fans.

• Options
    Riokenn wrote: »
    vt9G9.jpg

Make it so fans.

I wrote a fanfic once as a joke to describe to a friend what fanfics were. It was a Bleach one at his request, barely 2 paragraphs, made entirely based on a quick glance at the shows wikipedia entry. I almost want to do this though, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

• Options
    I meant REAL fandom stuff.

Like ART. Not that fake FANFIC stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlzaNtzLrF8

• Options
    Riokenn wrote: »
    I meant REAL fandom stuff.

Like ART. Not that fake FANFIC stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlzaNtzLrF8

Heh. I can finger paint and draw stick figures, that's about it. I'm sure in a few hours there will be a real drawing of it though. Probably a video in a few days.

• Options
    I wrote a purposely terrible Harry Potter / Homestuck fanfic once. I asked myself, "What would that 'My Immortal' writer do?" And then I did it.

"Terezi was super nervous, it was her first day at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, which was normally not opened to trolls, but she was tehre on a special law scholarsihp. "GRIFFINDOR" yelled the Sorting Hat and Terezi went over to the Griffindor table . . ."

Anyway, it culminated in at Super-Sayan Lawyer Paperwork Attack which crushed Voldemort to death. "FROEVER!!!!"

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I wrote a purposely terrible Harry Potter / Homestuck fanfic once. I asked myself, "What would that 'My Immortal' writer do?" And then I did it.

"Terezi was super nervous, it was her first day at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, which was normally not opened to trolls, but she was tehre on a special law scholarsihp. "GRIFFINDOR" yelled the Sorting Hat and Terezi went over to the Griffindor table . . ."

Anyway, it culminated in at Super-Sayan Lawyer Paperwork Attack which crushed Voldemort to death. "FROEVER!!!!"

It burns us. Whyyyyyy
    yyyyyy

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

I still have no idea what Homestuck is, but I do appreciate purposely terrible fanfics. I feel kinda bad about it, but I also enjoy reading fanfics that happen to be terrible when the writer is genuinely trying. A few years ago a friend of mine sent me a Sonic fanfic he found, it was possibly the funniest thing I ever read, and there was no way it was supposed to be.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Knight_ wrote: »
    It burns us. Whyyyyyy
    yyyyyy
    "Hi" said a tall ginger haired boy named Ron (ginger means red). "I am Ron Weasley and these are my best friens Harry Potter and Hermoine Granger."

"Hello," Said Terezi liking Ron right away because of his ginger (red) hair. She didn't make a big deal over Harry's scar like most students because she grew up on Alternia and didn't know about Harry fighting Lord Voldemort as a baby, which surprised Harry but he liked it. "I can tell we are going to be best friends!" He said. "What is up with your horns, they are cool," Ron wanted to know.

"Hi I am really happy to meet u," said terezi, who used leet speak sometimes because she was that kewl. "I am Terezi and I am a transfer student from Alteria which is where tr011s l1ve which is why I have h0rns. Oh and I am blind 2."

They all gasped. "That is terrible?" Asked Hermione. "No," said Terezi, because my other senses are heightened and I can actually sense a lot of things that seeing people can't, like I can sense that you are super smart and have a lot of inner beauty, Hermoine."

Hermoine gasped again, she was always getting teased because she had frizzy hair and big teeth. She cried happy tears. "You are such a great person Terezi! I am so happy I met you! Do you want to study together."

"yes" said Terezi so that night they studied together and Hermoine showed Terezi how to get all A's so that she didn't have to study again all year. "Thatnks Hermoine, you are truly the smartest person ever," said Terezi as she aced all her wizard law school examines and passed the Bar (I am not sure what that is but lawyers have to pass it I guess lol).

Wait, Knight, why are you beating your head against the wall? Stop!

I, too, enjoy unintentionally terrible fanfics, and feel bad about it. I mean, the author tried. But all the same . . .

LadyM on
  • Options
    I used to read a bunch of fanfics and MSTings back in the late 90s. The category of so-bad-it's-good is a personal favorite of mine. Even tried writing an unintentionally bad one to see if someone would write a MSTing of it (which happened but not by the writer I was expecting).

Even in other media, sometimes things just end up genuinely entertaining:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ANRu4MTVo
    (relevant minute starts at 4:15)

• Options
    I used to read a bunch of fanfics and MSTings back in the late 90s. The category of so-bad-it's-good is a personal favorite of mine. Even tried writing an unintentionally bad one to see if someone would write a MSTing of it (which happened but not by the writer I was expecting).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ANRu4MTVo
    (relevant minute starts at 4:15)

I can't stop laughing, I damn near fell out of my chair.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Incidentally, that's the exact scene and music I thought of at the moment Cerberus jumped on-screen during It's About Time.

SabreMau on
  • Options

"Hmmm, she has a crush on that guy . . . ? So what's the irony? Maybe her crush is gay, like in Card Captor Sakura? Or is it just something lame like someone else has already asked him to the--OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL OF ALL THE THINGS THAT COULD HAPPEN THIS IS THE. BEST. POSSIBLE. THING!!!"

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Somehow Frank Zappa's kids came up in a conversation with my wife the other day and we both decided Moon Unit would be a great name for pony. I guess possibly an astronomer.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I'm really giddy for those new toys, the fall line of toys keeps sounding pretty awesome the more I see of it

vt9G9.jpg

I want to see this happen, the picture I have in my head is hilarious

Okami on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Someone made a PMV using about half of Rush's 2112 album. It's pretty awesome.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIABaWK5_Ys

Holy shit.

• Options
    LilliLilli Registered User regular
    I mentioned earlier how I like a lot of Griffiinilla's stuff. Well for anyone interested he went back through his archives and put a good chunk of stuff up on Soundcloud. http://soundcloud.com/griffinilla

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Soralin wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    My little Chyssalids?
    When I first heard the name Chrysalis, I had the image of canterlot being swarmed with chryssalids rather than changelings flash into my head. :shock:

And I'll add this to the list of music, the voice and lyrics are great. :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPjVCIX5Fvs
    Man, I really like that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    thepizzaelementalthepizzaelemental Registered User regular
    182668.jpg

That's like some Van Gogh Starry Night stuff there. As usual, Pinkie Pie is the best part.

MH3: B77AE9 - Natou
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Fuck yes season 2 just showed up on Netflix instant.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
This discussion has been closed.