As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

a triple turtle [chat]

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I hate referendums more than the holocaust.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    There's a pretty cool looking kickstarter called Starlight: Inception, and it's about $15,000 shy - only has an hour or so left.

I wish I could help fund it, but money is too tight :/

Tamin on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Valve is going to release Half-Life 2: Episode 2: Part 2 just to fuck with everyone.

It will just be
    you flying the helicopter to the ship

HL3 will actually be
    You ride the Tram forever

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    North Carolina voters have passed a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage, CNN projects, putting a ban that already existed in state law into the state's charter.

With more than 1.5 million votes counted from Tuesday's referendum, supporters of the ban led opponents by a margin of 61% to 39%, according to figures from the State Board of Elections. Its backers prepared to celebrate by serving wedding cake to their supporters in a Raleigh ballroom.

That's kind of amazing.

A balls room, huh

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    North Carolina voters have passed a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage, CNN projects, putting a ban that already existed in state law into the state's charter.

With more than 1.5 million votes counted from Tuesday's referendum, supporters of the ban led opponents by a margin of 61% to 39%, according to figures from the State Board of Elections. Its backers prepared to celebrate by serving wedding cake to their supporters in a Raleigh ballroom.

That's kind of amazing.

people can be really horrid

• Options
    i want sme bulgogi

i will learn to make this?

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Valve is going to release Half-Life 2: Episode 2: Part 2 just to fuck with everyone.

It will just be
    you flying the helicopter to the ship

HL3 will actually be
    You ride the Tram forever
    A shirt in a box.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »

That's kind of amazing.

A balls room, huh

How much these people delight in other people's misery just astounds me.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Tamin wrote: »
    There's a pretty cool looking kickstarter called Starlight: Inception, and it's about $15,000 shy - only has an hour or so left.

I wish I could help fund it, but money is too tight :/

oh dang i loved tie-fighter

i can kick 15 bones over for a brotha

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    that wedding cake thing is so fucking cruel it is almost astonishing.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    If you're going to be dramatic, at least be mellow.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I mean, it's one thing to be happy you've won when you think you're doing the right thing, but that is just fucking beyond the pale.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    I just put myself inside that kickstarter.

• Options
    I mean my money.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    You don't really get money from "hey, work for us for free for several months and then we'll decide to hire a different slave".

I'm pretty sure that's how you get most jobs in politics.

• Options
    "And Jesus spake unto the multitudes saying 'Yea, when thou hast done my work of peace and love, be sure to rub their f---y noses in it. This is the will of God.'"*

*edited because I can't bring myself to say that word, even for joke.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

Things like this are great examples of why democracy sucks and we should leave everything to the dictators.

On the other hand, Chris Christie vetoing the gay marriage bill even though only a third of the state is actually opposed to gay marriage is a pretty good example of why democracy is awesome and we should leave more things to the people.

Really I just kind of wish we had a benevolent dictator that would lead America into enlightenment.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    nc passed that fucking amendment

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

That's kind of amazing.

That's a special kind of horrid.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

Can you link that, Elki?

I need something to refer people to every time they try to defend North Carolina.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Fffffffffff lost my sculpting tool on the way to GW after work

Oh well

At least my new dice came in, they need inking

Wait

Oh god

I'm a NERRRRRRD

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    "And Jesus spake unto the multitudes saying 'Yea, when thou hast done my work of peace and love, be sure to rub their f---y noses in it. This is the will of God.'"*

Welcome to American Christianity, where "kingdom building" and "name it and claim it" and "prosperity ministry" are the most popular forms of worship.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

That's kind of amazing.

That is certainly a special brand of douchey.
    On the other hand, wedding cake is delicious and should be served at more functions (BUT NOT THAT ONE).

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular

it's all a sports game to them. you don't solemnly celebrate when your favorite team wins.

not when you're a winner.

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Deebaser wrote: »
    You don't really get money from "hey, work for us for free for several months and then we'll decide to hire a different slave".
    I'm pretty sure that's how you get most jobs in politics.
    That's pretty much how you get most jobs anywhere these days. The finance sector has made sure of that.

Things like this are great examples of why democracy sucks and we should leave everything to the dictators.

On the other hand, Chris Christie vetoing the gay marriage bill even though only a third of the state is actually opposed to gay marriage is a pretty good example of why democracy is awesome and we should leave more things to the people.

Really I just kind of wish we had a benevolent dictator that would lead America into enlightenment.
    No, referendums are the stupidest fucking idea. The fact that they very rarely actually arrive at a correct conclusion against the prevailing votes of the legislature/governor is not a good reason to keep them around.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Nassim Taleb is not of a political alignment popular in these parts but he did have some great advice: go to parties. His view was that it's all pretty much random longshot shit and the game is to make sure you get enough rolls of the dice. Meeting people is a dice roll. Sending out a resume is not.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    north carolina is my home and i'm officially not welcome anymore

• Options
    Bah.

Gonna sleep eventually, then wake up and drink my way through the Queen's Speech.

Gonna be a good day tomorrow if I have to punch it in the nuts.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    That doesn't seem any more douchey than serving wedding cake for passing gay marriage would be.

Either way it's serving celebration wedding dessert for setting marriage right.

Not exactly sensitive to tge other side, but this seems like a bit of an over reaction.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    That doesn't seem any more douchey than serving wedding cake for passing gay marriage would be.

Not exactly sensitive to tge other side, but this seems like a bit of an over reaction.

Well the difference is that if marriage equality had passed and they ate cake they'd be celebrating a new right for a large number of people. That's what makes it less douchey.

False equivalency is false.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

Not exactly sensitive to the other side, but this seems like a bit of an over reaction.

Uh

• Options

nooo

its like, haha you cant have this

• Options
    the other side deserves as much sensitivity as the guys who sprayed fire hoses at black people

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

one is 'now everyone can get married, let's have some just-married cake!'

one is 'now those people can't get married, let's have some just-married cake!'

i see what you're saying but one is within a little model of exclusion and denying a thing, and then reveling in the icon of what you're denying

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular

No, it's celebrating denying rights to people, stopping them from getting married, and hurting them.

The two sides aren't the same.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Only if you consider both sides of the debate equal, which I do not.

The side that won is the majority looking to crush and subdue the civil liberties of the other side.

The other side just wants the fucking freedom to marry people of the same sex.

So, yes, it's considerably more repugnant for the oppressors to use a specific symbol to rub the other side's face in it.

Drez on
  • Options
  • Options
    To put it into hyperbolic perspective,

this would be like celebrating the failure of an anti-slavery bill by giving away black people.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular

That's kind of amazing.

This is me hoping they have a horrible hurricane season. This makes me a bad person but eh.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
This discussion has been closed.