Options

[Mass Effect] Geth White Gold, The Game

2»

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So not only do you pun, you're also a jerk.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    whatchu tlakin about

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Redundant

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Skull Man wrote: »
    people who are out for themselves kill me

it's like

homeboy

we all get the same points

and there's no record of your High Score anywhere

you are doing this to prove how good you are to three people who don't care and then you die

some dude was actually bitching at me once because i was warping the things he was going after

all like

dude stop taking my fucking kills!!

chill out dude we get the same xp no matter what

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    that mentality really is so strange

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    "we" get the "same" xp

no you freeloaders get the xp that I earned with my incredible skills

me

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I played with a guy the other day who was insulted that my KroSent headbutted him after every round

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    on that same gold match I mentioned earlier

I was dead last on the score

but I was always the last one alive, there to pick up their sorry asses

score doesn't mean everything

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I know it makes me angry when people focus down the enemies I'm trying to Biotic Combo on

Because a combo does a lot of damage to everything in the area and makes the fight easier for everyone

I think my anger is justified

It's like they see the Warp animation and go "oh look, now that he's all lit up I'll see how many headshots I can get!"

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    but warp also increases the damage an enemy takes from all other sources

so it's pretty natural to target them when they're lit up

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Squall wrote: »

I've specced my sentinel to maximize this

didn't even pick-up throw

figure my teammates can provide all the biotic explosions

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    That's only if you take that evolution though

Why should I carry these moochers on my back when I can set an example for them to aspire to by taking all damage, all the time

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Squall wrote: »

That's why I don't mind when it's a Geth Prime or something, because even the combo probably won't kill it

But on something like a Marauder or a Geth Pyro, the taking additional damage is mostly secondary and the biotic combo alone could finish off the enemy and damage a bunch of his friends.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    my roommate was playing a gold game last night with the salarian infiltrator

he was usually good at getting to people if they were down and i think had to pick up the pieces once after everyone but him wiped

and finally everyone wiped on like round 7 or 8 or something

and the first thing someone does when they lobby loads back up is try to kick him

i don't........get.......

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    that's why I love energy drain. instant, can't be dodged, fast cooldown, refills my shields, stuns most enemies, absolutely wrecks Geth, can detonate any biotic or tech combo.

finally unlocked Paladin II - digging it more than Carnifex now, don't really miss the cooldown, though the ammo thing is still an issue, just have to be more selective with shots, and always try for headshots, and use tech powers instead when they are called for. putting Disruptor ammo on a Paladin on Engineer is just ridiculous vs Geth.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Energy Drain cannot detonate biotic combos. It can only do tech combos.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i once had guy drop to a banshee (not instakilled, just downed)

I was playing an asari adept, another pub was a drell adept and we were double teaming it to bring it down

and the guy just yells

I'M WAITING FOR A PICKUP HERE GUYS

and i'm just like

really dude

there is a banshee on your corpse

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    on that same gold match I mentioned earlier

I was dead last on the score

but I was always the last one alive, there to pick up their sorry asses

score doesn't mean everything

Yeah, especially if there's biotic combos going off, scores can be totally silly.

Like I had a match where I was setting up combos and another adept was detonating, and he got all the points from all the kills. So he ended the round with like 100,000+ points, but he wasn't really doing anything I wasn't doing.

And it's not like you get bonus points for "saving the whole team with a well-placed sabotage" or "being really good at sneaking around and reviving people"

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I don't criticize low scoring (unless its super low) and I don't necessarily care if I get the high score but I certainly understand satisfaction from doing massive damage and getting the kill.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Energy Drain cannot detonate biotic combos. It can only do tech combos.

true, I meant tech or elemental (cyro and fire explosions)

• Options
    Fire explosions are rare on Gold but man are they awesome.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    The best team dubstep is when the score spread between the high scores and the low scores is about 20K

everybody with at least 120K points

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    sometimes I'll be in groups where everybody else is talking in game chat in the lobby, their little mic icons indicating sound and all

and mine will be redded out

and then we'll go into the match and I will get the highest score
    I am the snake-eyes of pubbing mass effect 3 multiplayer

oh jeez i was playing cerberus white gold the other day with my claymore geth infiltrator

and these two dudes were just talking up a storm blah blah blah some jazz about asari adepts and how good they are i dunno

and one of them was trying to bark orders at me apparently not realizing that i had more than double the amount of points either of them had

Strangers barking orders at me is my number one fucking hate. I don't mind directions from people I know, or suggestions if I'm obviously new at something - I always make sure to let people know if I am - but some pubby trying to pull rank on me and telling me what to do drives me up the wall.

Like, a couple of weeks ago I ended up in a huge argument with some random guy who the other players were fawning over because he had a 2k N7 rating, because he kept telling me what to do. It's like, dude, I've done this a thousand times before. I know what I'm doing. You're just being obnoxious.

I probably should have dropped out, but I will admit to a certain amount of satisfaction when at the end of wave 10 he was barking orders at people. "No, don't stand there. Follow me into the other room." Beat. "Go where Legba is standing."

An N7 rating means nothing as far as player skill goes. You could have been playing the game for hours daily since the demo came out and still have an N7 rating of 80. 20, even! It's the worst form of epeen.

Okay, ranting mode over. I actually do like this game, guys.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    people who are out for themselves kill me

it's like

homeboy

we all get the same points

and there's no record of your High Score anywhere

you are doing this to prove how good you are to three people who don't care and then you die

some dude was actually bitching at me once because i was warping the things he was going after

all like

dude stop taking my fucking kills!!

chill out dude we get the same xp no matter what
    It's not kill stealing, it's kill helping!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Curly's rating is 180

mine is like 380

I'm pretty goddamn sure he's a better player than I am

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Yeah, exactly. I actually think N7 rating is a net negative in the game, because all it means is "this guy has advanced his classes a whole lot". But having a 2-3k sure looks impressive, and it leads to situations where people will either a) fawn over people with a high rating and b) look down on people with low ratings.

• Options
    If you're around 80, I figure you've played enough to know how other classes handle and can handle yourself in silver. Maybe or maybe not in gold, but I'll see how in the actual game. I won't kick the N7 40 at level 20 going into a gold game, but I'll look somewhat askance at it.

Unless they're walking in with a Widow I and a Revenant I on their Vanguard.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator Mod Emeritus
    No pre-emptive thread making.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
This discussion has been closed.