As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Married With [chat]dren

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Why can't I stop wasting my time :(

Make a list of shit you need to do that day and pretend your life is an RPG.

"I need to write a sourced essay for class? Done. +300 XP"
    "I need to take my driving test? Passed. You have gained a new skill."
    *grumble grumble* "Uh oh, my stomach is growling. Wizard needs food badly."

I don't have the attention span to remember this for more than two days.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    LucidLucid Registered User regular

Just don't pretend your life is a korean mmorpg. This leads to suicide.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Jake, I was doing a Mass of the Effect spirit of the century conversion for chuckles before. I was thinking ammo types might be triggered as a free temporary aspect any time an attack roll successfully had 3 or more successes since that's the default threshold for "extra cool stuff happens" in FATE-y systems.

Probably star wars saga would be the most copy->paste though.

wait no

Just use Leverage and have everyone be an asari commando or salarian infiltrator.

Saga would be super copy paste, yeah. I love most of that system but the damage/healing rules are such bullshit. It's a fast paced, edge of your seat thrill ride game with old-school D&D "you get one hit point a day" healing rules, so playing it like an actual Star Wars movie gets everyone maimed and killed in short order.

yeah

No I am sticking with my Leverage suggestion

INFILTRATE THE LAIR OF THE SHADOWBROKER WITH STYLISH FLASHBACK SCENES

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Although once the oil runs out I'd be proper fucked.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i swear "some" college education is worse than no education on a god damn application for a job. I had such an easy time getting a job in high school and this bullshit i syfasfghasfhasfha

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    All vanguard team Mass Effect --> Hollowpoint

• Options
    Saga would be the best star wars game if only it had come out after 4e and not before. :I

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    if you had just asked, jacob, i could have designed you an entire Mass Effect roleplaying game system

it may or may not have been modeled on Unknown Armies, as all rpg systems should be

hahaha

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    desc wrote: »
    Saga would be the best star wars game if only it had come out after 4e and not before. :I

EXACTLY

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    There really needs to be an online capable Gauntlet game. That would be fun as hell.

• Options
    Oh man I am totally installing Diablo 3 right now!

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    There really needs to be an online capable Gauntlet game. That would be fun as hell.

Well you could yknow nudge nudge wink wink say no more say no more

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    naw but seriously guys my traveller hack is rad

at least I think so

like 90% of it is just an overlay of options - equipment, items, race, etc. - onto the base game without actually rewriting the rules, which seems, to my way of thinking, the ideal and impossibly sexy way of doing things

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Guys what's a good, adventurous, exciting movie I can stream right now?

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Guys
    Guys
    No really guys
    Either someone is having fun with an alt or Paul christoforo is posting in the D&D thread about his lawsuit.

• Options
    A new version of Gauntlet that has been designed to be played online.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Guys what's a good, adventurous, exciting movie I can stream right now?

Last of the Mohicans

The Iron Giant

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    spool32 wrote: »
    Guys
    Guys
    No really guys
    Either someone is having fun with an alt or Paul christoforo is posting in the D&D thread about his lawsuit.

tumblr_m1jqweNN0M1qk9bk3o2_500.gif

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

"I need to write a sourced essay for class? Done. +300 XP"
    "I need to take my driving test? Passed. You have gained a new skill."
    *grumble grumble* "Uh oh, my stomach is growling. Wizard needs food badly."

I don't have the attention span to remember this for more than two days.

There is an iPhone app that gives you XP and loot for completing real tasks.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Guys
    Guys
    No really guys

Tell him to post it in [chat] otherwise I can't be bothered.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I was just about to say The Iron Giant.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    Guys
    Guys
    No really guys

tumblr_m1jqweNN0M1qk9bk3o2_500.gif

The LOGO logo is what makes that gif

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Time Bandits, Labyrinth, Ghostbusters

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Installing The Secret World beta client for this weekend. Lets hope its not ass although this description sounds boss
    In this very first Beta Weekend you will begin in London as an initiate of the Templars. After visiting the secret society's headquarters, you must make your way to Kingsmouth, a small town situated on an island off the coast of New England, to investigate the mysterious events that have turned this quiet little community on its head. Along the way, you'll team up with other players and battle monsters of myth and legend as you develop your character however you like using the Secret World's no classes, no levels progression system

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    Time Bandits, Labyrinth, Ghostbusters

this suggestion list is unimpeachable

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Installing The Secret World beta client for this weekend. Lets hope its not ass although this description sounds boss
    In this very first Beta Weekend you will begin in London as an initiate of the Templars. After visiting the secret society's headquarters, you must make your way to Kingsmouth, a small town situated on an island off the coast of New England, to investigate the mysterious events that have turned this quiet little community on its head. Along the way, you'll team up with other players and battle monsters of myth and legend as you develop your character however you like using the Secret World's no classes, no levels progression system

Graphics look pretty bleh.

Oh, and in one minute Sarksus will add another good point against this game. *spooky music*

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Secret World combat looks like WoW.

• Options
    There's an H/A thread called "How do you tell someone his gf is crazy?"

"Hey, dude, your girlfriend is crazy."

This is why I never became a therapist.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

Meh its a new setting as far as mmo's go and its free to try so why not.

• Options
    edited May 2012

That world has actually been around for while.

You just haven't seen it because it's secret.

Feral on

• Options

Same reason I don't play Korean MMOs.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Dragon Quest VI located.

I know, you were all breathless with anticipation.

edit: I'm going to have to buy this on the SFC eventually. I like the game well enough, but am not a fan of the updated graphics.

Tamin on
  • Options

Same reason I don't play Korean MMOs.

Because if you see one more GUI using MS Mincho you'll put a fist through your monitor?

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    naw but seriously guys my traveller hack is rad

at least I think so

like 90% of it is just an overlay of options - equipment, items, race, etc. - onto the base game without actually rewriting the rules, which seems, to my way of thinking, the ideal and impossibly sexy way of doing things

what's the Traveller system like, gameplay-wise? i suppose i could look it up myself.

FINE BE THAT WAY.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    oh neat

obama is being cool again

• Options
    I still think all Korean MMOs use the same engine and have their website designed by the same company.

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    oh neat

Yeah it's campaign season.

• Options
    @spool32, I want you to consider well the road upon which you embark.

If that's not the real Paul, then you're feeding a troll.

If it is the real Paul, then you're still feeding a troll.

• Options
    I still think all Korean MMOs use the same engine and have their website designed by the same company.

Same fonts

same music

same extra-saturated rainbow color scheme

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    oh neat

Yeah it's campaign season.

My head, get out of it.

This discussion has been closed.