Options

Forget owls, this is about ducks now.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Most common owl around these parts is the Morepork (or Ruru). There's one that lives nearby. You can hear it from a good distance, calling out 'more pork... more pork...' through the night. It's quite nice to drop off to sleep to, on those occasions it stops within a km or so.

Glad it's not just outside the window, though.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    barn owls are cool

fuckin

spooky alien faces

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Owls are everywhere, and they are loud and annoying.

When I was on holiday as a kid, staying in a little cottage, at night the sheep and cowss in adjacent fields started to make an absolutely deafening racket

Then an owl screeched, and they went quiet.

But the owl wasn't a hero, oh no, the owl just continued to screech, unopposed, because he was a jerk

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    Alright, day birds are making noise.

This means the owl has returned to its dread realm, not to bother me for at least 16 hours.

Are you certain the owl isn't trying to trick you?

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Like, it may have some other birds at gunpoint to lull you into a false sense of security.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I like how owls are like pigeons in Futurama.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

Aww man

I wanted to post this.

Those were the screech owl's honest to god reactions to the gunfire! Best owl actor.

The screeches, however, were added in afterward.

• Options
    PSgti.gif

Wik0m.gif

SGhKe.gif

ARqj0.gif

ZDrzY.gif

• Options
    To be honest though owls are one of my favourite animals, that lovely owl video is a perfect example of why.

• Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    The best bird is the tawny frogmouth and I'll fight whoever says otherwise.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    We have like a huge rabbit living near us.

Sometimes we see it just hanging out.

Well at least rabbits are quiet.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Owls are pretty cool

but they are also very annoying at times

when they won't shut the fuck up

• Options
    You know an owl's favorite band?

The Who.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Wiet wrote: »
    The best bird is the tawny frogmouth and I'll fight whoever says otherwise.

They are so cool.

All hanging out, pretending to be made of tree.

cp161.jpg

broken image link
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Once heard an owl eating a mouse right above in the attic. It was like something out of a horror movie. Crunching the mouse's skull sounded like taking a bite out of an apple.

Owls are fucking monsters.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    We have a bird refuge near our house where I volunteer at sometimes. They have some little burrowing owls that just go ballistic whenever people come by, which is great because they're about the size of an adult fist, and there are 6 of them, so it looks like a bunch of fuzzy balls rolling around.

And then they have a few barn owls who just sit there and look fucking gorgeous all the time. They were injured to the point where they can't be released back into the wild, so they've grown pretty accustomed to humans, to the point where they'll fly over and land on your arm if you're wearing a sleeve.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    I knew a woman for quite some time, and when I'd first met her she'd had some scars circling her wrist and forearm

She never mentioned them, and even though we hung out a fair bit I never felt right in asking

Part of me wondered if they were relics of a suicide attempt, or abuse, or something horrible and personal that wasn't my place to go into

Turned out she used to work at a bird sanctuary, and still volunteered there from time to time, and when she'd started out a juvenile Eurasian Eagle Owl tried to use her as a perch and scrabbled about because it couldn't get a proper hold

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Owl trivia: The Eurasian Eagle Owl is called "Uhu" in German which is pronounced "oohoo", mimicking its cry. In French, it's called "grand-duc" which means "grand duke".

• Options
    And, with that trivia, I suddenly understand why the owl was called Fergie

I have honestly never made that connection before now. REVELATION!

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I love owls

But I love Bearded Vultures more

W3cx5.png

kqvvv.jpg

BanDO.jpg

• Options
    Favourite bird is the kookaburra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiYE0IgQM-M&feature=fvwrel

This is oddly relaxing to me

• Options
    Nel LetacNel Letac Registered User new member
    mighty-max.jpg

Virgil is a fowl, actually.

• Options
    Owl trivia II: The chicks of many owl species leave their nest before being fully fledged. They sit on branches where their parents continue to feed them. Owls in this stage of life are therefore called "Ästlinge" in German which literally means "branchlings".

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Australia has some pretty awesome birds, now that I think about it.

broken image link
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I knew a lady once who was the director or something for the local Hurted Birds Home for the Hurted and I got to go back in the reserved area a lot to see the owls and eagles. Owls are awesome and adorable.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Three posts before Harry Potter. Interesting.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Owl trivia II: The chicks of many owl species leave their nest before being fully fledged. They sit on branches where their parents continue to feed them. Owls in this stage of life are therefore called "Ästlinge" in German which literally means "branchlings".

that is actually pretty cool

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I'm really disappointed at the lack of creepy owls here

FINE I'LL DO IT MYSELF

0BxQk.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Wiki wrote:
    The Owlman, sometimes referred to as the Cornish Owlman, or The Owlman of Mawnan, is a purported cryptid that was supposedly sighted around mid 1976 in the village of Mawnan, Cornwall. The Owlman is sometimes compared to America's Mothman in cryptozoological literature.

The Owlman story began when paranormal researcher Tony "Doc" Shiels was approached by a man, Don Melling, who had been visiting the area on holiday from Lancaster. Melling said that on April 17, 1976, his two daughters, 12-year-old June and her 9-year-old sister, Vicky, were walking through the woods near Mawnan church when they saw a large winged creature hovering above the church tower. The girls were frightened and immediately ran to tell their father. According to Shiels, the family had become so perturbed by the sighting that they had abandoned their holiday three days early and that the father would not allow either of his daughters to be interviewed. Sheils was, however, provided with a drawing of the creature made by twelve year old June.

q0qb0.jpg

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
  • Options
    I like the owl in this picture. The creatures in the foreground are demons, trying to tempt poor old Saint Anthony.

• Options
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    sounds like a hoot

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I have a picture to post.
    Awl.jpg

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    He's got your letter Melding

Welcome to Hogwarts