As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Problem with Arma 2/DayZ multiplayer: router issue?

ThirithThirith Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Having heard so much about the DayZ mod for Arma 2, I wanted to give it a whirl. I haven't ever played Arma 2 MP, so I haven't set anything up in any particular way.

When I tried today, I got the list of servers just fine, but every time I tried to connect I got the message "Connection failed". A bit of Googling suggests it may have something to do with my connection to the internet, which is via a Netopia 7000 router. I have little to no idea about forwarding ports and the like, so I was hoping that someone here might have a suggestion how I could get Arma 2 MP (and accordingly DayZ) to work.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
"Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
Echo on

• Options
    agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    This is a subforum for reporting issues with the PA forums. Maybe try the Games & Technology subforum?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Won't you look silly now that I moved it.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Port forwarding shouldn't matter, if you aren't hosting. Do you have ARMA 2 only? Because Day Z requires Operation Arrowhead as well. Alternatively, you can use the version of ARMA that has both ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead, ARMA 2: Combined Ops.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Thanks for the move (and my apologies for posting in the wrong place first)!

I have Arma 2 plus expansions, so that shouldn't be the problem. I know that my router is iffy at times; a few PS3 games work only patchily with MP. Unfortunately I don't have a choice re: the router, as I have one of those all-in-one solutions (TV, phone, internet), and the router is required by the provider.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods