As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Enforcers 2007 - Recruiting Closed

2»

• jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    As b0wser said, just put the information on your application and we'll get there eventually. The staff is close to where we want it to be, but we don't know exactly how many more people we'll need. Once the need numbers are figured out better, more applications will be processed.

jaberwockynmt on
    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • UmiliciousUmilicious Registered User new member
    edited June 2007
    I'm hoping that my application gets through -- I was an Enforcer two years ago, and I really loved the experience through and through. If I don't get in, I'll still attend, but conventions are always more fun when you're behind the scenes, you know?

Umilicious on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I put my application in Wednesday morning, just waiting patiently for a response now. Patiently, but anxiously.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • RikaLovesDieRikaLovesDie Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Apparently my first attempt to put through my application didn't go through, so I've only gotten it submitted this morning. =/ I'm really hoping it's not too late. I was really looking forward to having my first experience at PAX be one behind the scenes.

Here's keeping my fingers crossed...

RikaLovesDie on
    SquallSeed31: Well... if you volunteer to take the black, make sure you clearly specify that in your preferences.
    Rika: lol wut?...
  • tdeviltdevil Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sent in my app last night! Hope it isnt too late.

tdevil on
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    the daunting task of shift and job scheduling has begun. once PRD and her legion of shadowy minions gets a feel for how many people will be doing what and when, they'll know if more people are needed.

I figure jabberwockynmt will have the most direct information, since he's worked his way up the command chain. I'm an entry-level slave worker.

b0wser on
  • tdeviltdevil Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    should we pre-reg first or wait for the approaching deadline and then pre-reg on the last day if we dont get accepted as a enforcer?

either is fine by me, but i figure the pre-reg would help your budget estimations and stuff.

tdevil on
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    if you haven't been approved by the last pre-reg date, then go ahead and register. If you do get approved after then, you should be able to refund through the vendor.

b0wser on
  • JaidenJaiden Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    tdevil wrote: »
    should we pre-reg first or wait for the approaching deadline and then pre-reg on the last day if we dont get accepted as a enforcer?

either is fine by me, but i figure the pre-reg would help your budget estimations and stuff.

All Enforcers get in pro bono. If you are accepted as an Enforcer after you pre-reg, you can either give your pass to someone else or get a refund at the ticket seller on-site.

Jaiden on
    [15:51] <+Snickers> Dur, I R CUM
    [10:24] * @BigRed-Worky cums the water

[12:32] <+prox> lawl you kickbanned me so hard my client crashed
  • galen_myth1galen_myth1 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Congratulations to Cyrax!!!! (way to go Mr. T!)
    One small note I am interested in finding out...if I am not going to be enforcing this year, but didn't find that out until this month, do I have to pay regular price? Not sure about this one, would like to know. Still interested in helping out, would still do so, just the option is out of my hands right now!
    -Keith

galen_myth1 on
    "You use weird things"-Dingo from ZOE 2

XBL:MythPlus

anyone for halo? :winky:
  • RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You'll probably have to pay the exact same as any other attendee who wants to go. I mean I see no reason why anyone would get a discounted price on a pass.

Oh and BTW, who is Cyrax?

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • PRDPRD Kristin Lindsay I am a meat popsicle.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You still have time to register online at pre-reg prices.

http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com/registration.php

PRD on
  • galen_myth1galen_myth1 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Relativox: Cyrax is also called "Tom". He is new this year to enforcers, so please be sure to go easy on him
    For Princess Red Dot...Thanks for the heads up!! ;-)

galen_myth1 on
    "You use weird things"-Dingo from ZOE 2

XBL:MythPlus

anyone for halo? :winky:
  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    As of Sunday July 29th, Enforcer recruiting closed for '07.

Thanks for everyone that applied. :)

jaberwockynmt on
    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • JonmanJonman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

So I'm assuming that if I've not heard from you guys, that I won't be Enforcing? I was a late applicant anyway, so I've only myself to blame.

Jonman on
    yadda yadda humerous yadda
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Jonman wrote: »

So I'm assuming that if I've not heard from you guys, that I won't be Enforcing? I was a late applicant anyway, so I've only myself to blame.

Correct.

Re-Apply next year :)

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
This discussion has been closed.