As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Risk Legacy PbP] Game 2: A world changes. [SPOILERS]

2»

• HippieHippie Registered User regular
    All or nothing.

Recruit 3 +1 for the HQ in 31, making twelve.

Expand into 30 with 11 losing one troop.

Expand into 29 with 9.

Attack 24 from 29: 5, 3, 5
    Defend: 6, 6 - Ouch.
    Attacker loses two troops.

Attack again: 6, 2, 1
    Defend: 6, 6 - Okay, you guys scare me.
    Attacker loses another 2

Expand into 36, 33, 34 and maneuver the last troop onto 31.

Yup, worst opening move ever...

edited May 2012
    Oh shit, I just realised I rolled the defenders dice completely wrong

I did 2#6 instead of 2#1d6

So sorry.

Hippie on
    I just did a proper roll for them and they got: 2, 2

I want to be very transparent on this.

As long as my screw up is okayed my proper move is as follows:

All or nothing.

Recruit 3 +1 for the HQ in 31, making twelve.

Expand into 30 with eleven losing one troop.

Expand into 29 with nine.

Attack 24 from 29 with 8 : 5, 3, 5
    Defend: 2, 2
    Defenders loses 2 troops and their HQ.

Expand into 27 with seven, losing one for the city.

Attack 16 from 27 with five: 2, 2, 4
    Defend: 1
    Defender loses one troop and territory 16

Attack 18 from 16 with four: 5, 2, 4
    Defend: 6
    Attacker loses one troop.

Attack again with three: 6, 2, 4
    Defend: 2
    Defender loses one troop and his HQ.

Giving me four stars.

Please, please, PLEASE someone triple check this move. psolms, Darian, anyone.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    That looks 100% legit to me. 2#6 isn't an actual roll, so the reroll is perfectly fair, and everything else looks legal for a turn 1 win. Very nice!

• TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Ok, so, wait.

First game, taken out before I had a turn. Nothing to do for the whole game.
    Second game, someone takes a turn one victory after we all do the usual expand stuff.

Is this common, or does it improve?

I have to say, so far this is just dull. :(

I think its mainly because everyone spread out too far too soon, like i did in game 1

• EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    MrBody can prevent the win with his missile, and games'll go longer once we all don't start with two stars.

also, 1d6 and 2d6 work as roll strings.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Oh, I suppose

Use missile to change Enclave defender's 2 to a 6.

Crippled you first game, saved you the second. We're even :p

(I'm going to have to remember that #6 trick)

MrBody on
    MrBody wrote: »
    Crippled you first game, saved you the second. We're even :p

Not valid. And even if it was, not even close.

edited May 2012
    Why not valid?

And geez, nothing personal. If you're Enclave, and you have the chance to use that die advantage against an opponent's large troop concentration, you go for it! The math is just too good to sit back and let those troops live. It was only the first game, and these early ones are going to be quick silly affairs until everyone has won one and more packs are opened. I suspect the real meat of the game kicks in around game 6 or 8.

I'm curious why you decided to start in 18 when you had first placement. Why not The Billiard Room? Or a central location like 27 where you could be the one Enclave rushing someone's starting position. At the very least force everyone to start far away from you, bunching them all up against each other. 18 is kind of the worst of both worlds. You can't attack anyone from there, and Africa has always been kind of the worst continent in the game in terms of risk/reward (too small a troop bonus for how hard it is to defend).

If we want to prevent future games from being the usual Billiard Room turtle grab, I suggest everyone placing their minor cities all over it (and 38). No one will be able to start there and expanding there will cost them 4 extra armies.

MrBody on
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    You have to control it to place a city there, so I'm the only one who can do so

PSN SeGaTai
    edited May 2012
    ed

MrBody on
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    dont get too cocky, hippie can still attack with 2 and then 1 troop.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2012
    Sorry, I've been distracted with Diablo III VERY IMPORTANT THINGS and need to go over the last few turns.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited May 2012
    Hippie's stuff checks out, and I have no idea why the missile wouldn't be valid. Missiles modify ANY roll, so the last roll is a 6, which causes the Attacker to lose 1.

Attack can have up to two troops attack 18 for a total of two dice now.

I'll let @Hippie decide.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    Why not valid?

You didn't save me specifically, you prevented us all getting another loss. That's not you doing me a favour. :P

Sorry, was out at paintball all day.

Bah, why prolong the inevitable?

Attack: 3, 5
    Defend: 2
    Defender loses one and the HQ.

Hippie still awesome. And wins.

As I mentioned when I signed up initially, I'm going to have to tap out for the next few matches to go take finals.

Good luck replacementbuddy! I'll let y'all know when it's looking like I might be free again.

NICE ROLLS, DEFENDER

Rorus is only playing Diablo 3 for the story.

edited May 2012
    "They said we were crazy for trying to pull off another attack so soon after the battle for the Imperial Headquarters. Of course, they're now the ones who have to sit and watch us receive fistfuls of medals."
    -Lt. Peters, Khan Industries
    VpGpp.jpg
    Despite a successful attack in the blue continent, the Khan were not content with their victory against the Imperials. Attacking with unheard of ferocity and speed, the Enclave found invaders at the doorstep much sooner than anticipated. While only arriving with a small force, the Khan were able to easily catch the light defenses of the Enclave headquarters off-guard. Despite unexpected assistance from the Saharan Republic, the Enclave was quick to fall. Shocked by the speed and brutality of the Khan, the other factions have withdrawn from the battlefields.

Bolstered by their recent victories, Khan Industries has ensured the safety of their benefactors. At least, until conflict starts up once more. But, for the Khan, with more war there is always more profit...

Hippie is the winner! Here are the final scores:

Tayrun:
    SeGaTai: (★)★
    MrBody: (★)
    EvilBadman:
    Hippie: (★★★)★

Victor Rewards

Hippie may choose ONE of the following:

-Found a Major City: This is worth 2 population (totaled with your territories when determining recruited troops), and counts as a legal starting territory for you and you alone (even if it has a scar). Please provide the name as well.
    -Name a Continent: You may name a continent, giving you and only you a +1 bonus to this continent's troop bonus when controlling all of it.
    -Alter a Continent: You may give a continent a +1 or -1 to its troop bonus. This applied to all players.
    -Fortify a City: You may select one city and give it a fortification. Fortified cities received +1 to all defense rolls. A fortification has 10 pips and loses a pip each time it is attacked by three or more troops (regardless of outcome). One a fortification runs out of pips, it ceases to provide any bonus.
    -Remove a Scar: You may remove a scar from a territory, eliminating that scar forever and preventing future scarring. This region may also be a legal starting territory again if there's no city.
    -Tear a Territory Card: Is there a region that is too valuable? You may eliminate it. Permanently.

In addition, your name is now on the board. You may put in a brief motto, expression, or smack talk next to it. Just let me know what it is.

Survivor's Consolation

All other players Held On, and may choose one of the two bonuses in this order after Hippie has chosen his. Remember that these bonuses can only affect regions you controlled at the end of the game.

Tayrun:
    SeGaTai:
    MrBody:
    EvilBadman:

-Found a Minor City: This is worth 2 population (totaled with your territories when determining recruited troops). This region will cease to be a legal starting territory, but you can start near it to gain an early bonus.
    -Enhance a Territory's Value: You may selection a region's resource card and add one coin to it.

@Hippie to select his reward.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    If i place a major city, does it have to be in an area i own at the end? Like the minors?

Nope

YL9WnCY.png
    edited May 2012
    Minor city "Ms Scarlet" in 9.

No one else can place there and there are plenty of minor cities left, figured it doesn't matter out of order.

MrBody on
    Hippie can place there, but I doubt it's a prime location for a major city

YL9WnCY.png
    Signing it: Hippie SMASH!

Placing a major city in 41, cause its as close to NZ as i can get. Called "Crikey!"

edited May 2012

No one else can place there and there are plenty of minor cities left, figured it doesn't matter out of order.

Oh, I get your fucking gimmick now.

EvilBadman on
    Minor city, 19. "NLO"

@SeGaTai to choose the next reward

YL9WnCY.png
    EvilBadman wrote: »

harsh!

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Add a coin to card 38-(not sure if you can update handtracker easily or if you just want to make a note of it on the board somehow)

PSN SeGaTai
    edited May 2012
    EvilBadman wrote: »

harsh!

Such is Badman.

Actually, I'm more amused than that leads you to believe.

25 gets Wangshire, mainly because I want to see a fight break out there every game.

EvilBadman on