As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FFA [chat]pys!

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    Like there are homophobes in Canadian politics, and some who want to "re-open discussion" on issues like gay marriage.

But they're weirdos their own parties don't listen to.

Economics and expenditure issues dominate Canadian politics, not "social issues".

VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE

Québec, you silly.

Tell me, is Cirque du Soleil silly? Are you saying clowns in weird costumes prancing about a stage is silly?

Yeah, didn't think so!

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Like there are homophobes in Canadian politics, and some who want to "re-open discussion" on issues like gay marriage.

Economics and expenditure issues dominate Canadian politics, not "social issues".

I refuse to believe this.

That's far too sensible for any government.

Oh, our government is not sensible.

But Canadian society has accepted certain things as 'Just the way things are.'(tm)

Also there are a lot of "third rails" in Canadian politics, things you just don't suggest or bring up.

Healthcare, for example. A Conservative politician might kvetch about how much we spend on health care, but the idea of suggesting we should do away with socialized medicine entirely and use a more American system is political suicide even for the right wing.

Don't stop I'm almost there

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I love that there are still some holdouts that see themselves as oppressed because society at large things they're crackpots.

My dad takes this on when he starts talking about the 'tree huggers'.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    it's kind of terrible to think of how little time has passed, really, since the first world decided on (or at least progressed somewhat) a bunch of issues. we believed some terrible shit like... super recently!

pfft we still do
    ny still hates the MMAs

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

I refuse to believe this.

That's far too sensible for any government.

Oh, our government is not sensible.

But Canadian society has accepted certain things as 'Just the way things are.'(tm)

Also there are a lot of "third rails" in Canadian politics, things you just don't suggest or bring up.

Healthcare, for example. A Conservative politician might kvetch about how much we spend on health care, but the idea of suggesting we should do away with socialized medicine entirely and use a more American system is political suicide even for the right wing.

Don't stop I'm almost there

Didn't Harper say he thought they should nullify same sex marriages of Americans who came north for the service?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    thats the thing though... you didnt need perfect builds at all in titan quest and d2

i literally made my builds up a priori with zero research and never really had a failure

the only thing that ever caught me out was the stupid system of stat requirements for gear on d2

d3 is just a weird version of wow (and i mean that in a non pejorative way)

in order to have a long, meaningful elder game they have arranged tiers of gear that are required to beat gear-gated challenges

the abilities and builds are so much closer in capability that everybody has roughly the same level of success. it is well designed, egalitarian, and just not the same experience at all. i thought, intellectually, i wouldnt mind this. but i was wrong and now i feel sad :(

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Also, 23-18 Blue Jays as of today's game. What up.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    it's kind of terrible to think of how little time has passed, really, since the first world decided on (or at least progressed somewhat) a bunch of issues. we believed some terrible shit like... super recently!

pfft we still do
    ny still hates the MMAs

let's picket

• Options
    it looks like the first same sex country in the world was in 2001. man. i kind of assumed certain areas (like norway) were actually way ahead of the world, there. not only 11 years past (in norway's case, only 3 years past).

world be fucked, man. world be fucked

• Options
    ronya wrote: »

VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE

Québec, you silly.

Tell me, is Cirque du Soleil silly? Are you saying clowns in weird costumes prancing about a stage is silly?

Yeah, didn't think so!

Of all the things that the Québecois have contributed to Canadian culture, you pick the obviously silly one!

It's as if you're trying to make some sort of jest! :P

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    nah, we just practiced a few welds. didn't actually make any thing unfortunately. I should come up with a welding project and go get some practice though. Tomorrow I'm taking a CNC class.

There's an adult ed place that is offering a welding course. 2 nights /week for 2 month, 3 hours /night for $240 with book. They cover gas, arc, MIG and TIG.

Really tempted to sign up.

But then I think, what exactly am I going to use these skills for? lol

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

pfft we still do
    ny still hates the MMAs

I think M&Ms are overpriced, personally.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Well do you realize we've only recently like started living past the age of 30

It's sort of an macrophenomenal maslow's pyramid - only once collective needs are met can a society begin to self-actualize... It's actually pretty heartening to see how quickly we can use reason to progress as a species now that the west is post-industrial and has all day to sit and think

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    nah, we just practiced a few welds. didn't actually make any thing unfortunately. I should come up with a welding project and go get some practice though. Tomorrow I'm taking a CNC class.

There's an adult ed place that is offering a welding course. 2 nights /week for 2 month, 3 hours /night for $240 with book. They cover gas, arc, MIG and TIG.

I used to work in landscaping, mostly laying stones, patios, building decks, sheds, etc.

My boss spent a few hours one day teaching me the basics of welding.

At the end of it, I asked him sincerely why this would ever be helpful for what we do.

He told me to fuck off and get back to work.

... I then welded one of the doors on the dump truck back together a couple months later.

Touché, loud Italian man who was my boss. Touché.

• Options

I used to work in landscaping, mostly laying stones, patios, building decks, sheds, etc.

At the end of it, I asked him sincerely why this would ever be helpful for what we do.

... I then welded one of the doors on the dump truck back together a couple months later.

I am a corporate security officer...

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    Well do you realize we've only recently like started living past the age of 30

yes

i have read many books and journals of note, young man

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

Welding people together.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options

Alternative device for subduing people?

... Something tells me you don't subdue people too often in "corporate security".

Also I feel like using a welding torch as a weapon might be illegal, regardless of context.

• Options
    the abilities and builds are so much closer in capability that everybody has roughly the same level of success. it is well designed, egalitarian, and just not the same experience at all. i thought, intellectually, i wouldnt mind this. but i was wrong and now i feel sad :(

Well, that sucks. Torchlight 2 may be better for you once it's out.

Which class(es) did you you try?

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    surreality, too hardcore for his own good in the end.

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Agh, my computer has made my room too hot.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    well, getting to weld was cool but the second class I was taking today, PlasmaCAM, pretty much put me in a coma. 3 hours and 15 minutes of fucking lecturing before we even went out in the shop. And the instructor was terrible. "ooh, now this is really fun, one of my favorite parts, setting the height on the nozzle, that's this option right here on this menu. Another great thing is this tab, I will now talk about it for 20 minutes."

Did you weld anything cool?

When I got my first arc welder, the first thing I did was weld two forks together... then a knife... then I welded them to a metal plate...

Yeah, hijinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12VUjgYMm1U

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Aw little girl cousin, what you say is so interesting! what a shame no one gives a shit.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    why do you hate equality, surreality?

• Options
    The Romans had a life expectancy of about 50. Actually most of our older societies had a life expectancy at least in the 40s if you ignore children dying under the age of 5.

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    thats the thing though... you didnt need perfect builds at all in titan quest and d2

i literally made my builds up a priori with zero research and never really had a failure

the only thing that ever caught me out was the stupid system of stat requirements for gear on d2

d3 is just a weird version of wow (and i mean that in a non pejorative way)

in order to have a long, meaningful elder game they have arranged tiers of gear that are required to beat gear-gated challenges

Noob-friendly egalitarianism sounds great and I am looking at you over the tops of my glasses with a disappointed expression.

See my silver hair and my grey beard? My gut and glasses?

You have saddened Santa, and are getting coal for Christmas.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Dear BC,

We all love your trees and unspoiled natural beauty.

But I have a smartphone now, so you need to erect more towers or whatever that gives me internetz.

Love,

C.Paws

• Options
    I am in no fit state to take care of this kid.

yGxvf.png
  • Options

Just put some food in a bowl and show them where the litter box is.

They'll take care of themselves.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Give it a pizza and the television. It'll be fine.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

Throw the child into the wolf pit. If the kid survives, they have earned the right to be taken care of by you.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

Boo hoo. I have two computers running and I'm about to move into a bedroom about half the size. Neo-Nazis are going to be knocking on my door asking to rent it out.

• Options
    Haha, ITT, [chat] proves unable to raise children. :)

• Options
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »

Boo hoo. I have two computers running and I'm about to move into a bedroom about half the size. Neo-Nazis are going to be knocking on my door asking to rent it out.

It took me a minute.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    i should have known something was wrong when i made all those hookers wear ss uniforms

it starts with shiny leather boots and ends up with full on anti-egalitarianism

nova i played barbarian, im in act 2 inferno

played wizard to nightmare and got bored

the most relevant thing to do is go super saiyan and summon bros - my patented 2 minute barbarian build (tmtmtmpatentpending)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZXKlu3zFdA

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    i feel like poshniallo is the only one in that TED thread who understands me

• Options

Give it a pizza and the television. It'll be fine.

The problem is I think this girl has a crush on me. Or something.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    Haha, ITT, [chat] proves unable to raise children. :)

This surprises you for some reason?

Cats yes, kids no.

Steam
  • Options
    You should give the Demon Hunter a try. It is so badass.

I was bored by the Wizard in the beta. I plan to try the Monk next.

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    i feel like poshniallo is the only one in that TED thread who understands me

Hey baby, it's OK, shhh shhh.

(NB - said in hooker voice not mama voice, because that would be weird).

I figure I could take a bear.
This discussion has been closed.