As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] That's SOOOO Draven!

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    2 1/2 hours from now

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Might not be able to, but I'm going to try!

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Remember how I was all like I finally got out of my slump and made it back to a positive W/L ratio?

And that as soon as I did that I would end up losing 10 games in a row or something silly.

axmot5.png

at least there was one good game ._.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Ed, I feel your pain. I went on a rager/bad play/bad luck run and went TERRIBLY negative for a bit. Been on quite the run lately though, something like 9-1 or 10-0 in last 10 games, so it comes around the other way.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Ed, I feel your pain. I went on a rager/bad play/bad luck run and went TERRIBLY negative for a bit. Been on quite the run lately though, something like 9-1 or 10-0 in last 10 games, so it comes around the other way.

It's just been laughably bad. One game where we were up something like 30 kills to 10 and my team would just go jungle after we Ace the other team until eventually we lost. Then another game where two minutes in three people on my team left to go play counter-strike. Who even plays CS anymore?!

steam_sig.png
  • Options

It's just been laughably bad. One game where we were up something like 30 kills to 10 and my team would just go jungle after we Ace the other team until eventually we lost. Then another game where two minutes in three people on my team left to go play counter-strike. Who even plays CS anymore?!

Ahahahah oh man the CS loss! That is brutal. I've had "My team rolllllling, up like 15-1, and our tank and support (ofc in the same house) get dropped and don't come back"

That was a blast.

Of sorrow.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    3 miracle games in last 2 days.
    1: Down 10 kills, 2 turrets, enemy kills 2 of us unanswered, goes to baron. I fire a varus Q off the blind top of my screen out of spite. STEAL. Team respawns, Ace, push for win.
    2: 20 minutes in it's 20-4. Soraka and I sorta won bot lane, but we're losing everywhere else. We're pushed back to our nexus, both turrets gone, enemy team goes back to heal. Baron pops, and soraka and I jump on it, taking it down right as blitz comes to ward. We book, team is up, enemy chases to base. Jarvan ults, I ult, and their sion is down. Sivir tries to come around the cataclysm and I two shot her. Shoulda bought armor. My ult has hit the entire other team, and we take down two more with two losses of our own. The irelia jumps on me, and we double KO and both GAs proc. We come up at the same time, but our sion gets a stun off and I life steal enough to take her down. Pop their inner mid, inhib turret, inhib, 2 nexus turrets, and their up. Jarv goes left, I go right, and we take down the nexus before they can kill either.
    3: I lose top fairly bad singed v jax, and just go wander. Enemy team gets a huge lead, our bot lane is ashe/poppy and is horrible, but at 20 they block the surrender. Every time I try to gank, their jungle is there. I just hide in jungle while Jax farms, eating when I can. I have 100 cs to his 250. Then our CV hits all of them sitting in a bush, and our whole team is near. Ult, charge, and we get a 1 for 4 trade. Yay, our first tower. After that the enemy team decides to ward everything. Only their sona keeps walking straight into me or poppy, and we kill her and usually 1 person that tries to save her. Jax is farming. And for 30 minutes we trade 1 for 3-4 over and over until we're tied for kills, and they're scattering like ants every time I pop my ult. Sona goes bot, we baron, gg.

Then we blow a 15 kill lead when our tank decides to start a teamfight under their inhib tower w/ no minion support and fiddy in position to ult us. Sigh.

• Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    Remember how I was all like I finally got out of my slump and made it back to a positive W/L ratio?

And that as soon as I did that I would end up losing 10 games in a row or something silly.
    axmot5.png

Was that one good game the one you forgot to screenshot your pentakill in?

• Options
    zerg rush wrote: »

axmot5.png

Was that one good game the one you forgot to screenshot your pentakill in?

Look @ that Pants game...

Also, I definently stole Baron with a Fizz ult a couple weeks ago in a game we were getting mauled it.

We came back and won.

It was amazing.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Sona is just the dullest champion.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    I can't really play atm, but I'll try to record commentary for you guys. I may have to stop recording part-way through though. What's the best way to record it?

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    vLmfJ.png
    I wouldn't worry about it

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    I didn't know it had it's own room, but I'm there.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I took a break from Rumble. Came back to play him thinking I would suck and need a few games to get into the groove. All I needed was a little alone time on top with an unsuspecting Fizz.

Bow down to your mechanically superior overlords.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    DANG IT WE NEED ONE MORE FOR 4v4!

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    SciJoSciJo Registered User regular

It still REALLY SUCKS being in the downswing.

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Attitude has a lot to do with it. If you dont let it get to you then you dont tend to notice it as much.

A loss is a loss, big deal, move on.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

axmot5.png

I just had the same problem. I thought I was doing well, but I guess I mostly was getting carried, I won like 13/15 TT games and then BOOM eight losses in a row. I guess I'm not very good even for a level 15, but it seems like I keep getting the level 12s on my team and level 17s on the other team...

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »
    Attitude has a lot to do with it. If you dont let it get to you then you dont tend to notice it as much.

A loss is a loss, big deal, move on.

Yeah, but 10 losses in a row is fucking depressing.

For some reason, I'm at a point where I get maybe I good game in 10.

The other nine? Whole lot of my team focusing tanks like they're filled with game-winning candy.

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    guts01-420x315.jpg

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Darius's ult seems RIDICULOUS.

• Options
    kraz007kraz007 Registered User regular
    I'm playing D3 as we speak but this doesn't mean I don't play LoL occasionally. And yes, Rammus rules - especially on Dominion maps.

Riftforge: a free online RPG with fantasy tactics!

468.png

Blogs: Endless Space - galaxy seeds | Diablo 3 duels
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    So, in fact, you have attested to my statistic that I am apparently the only one who can't play D3. =P

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular

Darius's ult seems RIDICULOUS.

I do believe it is all a ruse by Riot to make us drop out one of our bans. So, who is no longer going to be in the list of perma-bans? Shaco? Is he nerfed to the ground yet?

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So, in fact, you have attested to my statistic that I am apparently the only one who can't play D3. =P

You know, I just realized that you can't play D3, in the literal sense. I mean, I can't enjoy lootgrinds like that anymore. But you actually can't. I totally forgot about your toaster.

zerg rush on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    So Darius is a tanky bruiser with three gap closers?

That's like nightmare material for anybody ranged without an escape mechanic.

• Options
    MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Yeah no wonder they've kept this guy on lockdown until now but hyped the shit out of Varus. Had they released Darius first I think it would've severely impacted Varus sales.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Darius' passive and ult seem like a combination of Varus' Blighted Quiver and Tristana's Rocket Jump.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    He sounds like a viable kat. Day 1.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Oh my god, they made reverse Huskar! Rather than taking off half your health on the way in, he takes it when you're running away. I approve.

Day 1 purchase. First one in a while.

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Speaking of Darius, I saw this on my splash screen this morning.

dariusthevarusofnoxusretribution.png

Apparently, they're still not over announcing Varus.

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Darius sounds like Garen on steroids. The power creep is so plainly evident.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    And then the champ comes out and people complain their damage is too low (while the other half says they're OP). And the circle of LoL continues.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Of *course* he's going to be OP, he's a super-hero on his days' off.

fi67v.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    MazloMazlo Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    - Hemorrhage (Passive): Darius aims his attacks strategically, causing his to target bleed. This effect stacks up to five times.
    - Decimate: Darius swings his axe in a lethal circle. Enemies struck by its blade take more damage than those struck by its shaft.
    - Crippling Strike: Darius's next attack severs a crucial artery. As the target bleeds out, their movement and attack speeds are slowed. Crippling Strike's cooldown is lower the more bloodied its target.
    - Apprehend: Darius hones his axe, granting him passive armor penetration. When activated, Darius sweeps up his enemies with his axe's hook and pulls them to him.
    - Noxian Guillotine (Ultimate): Darius leaps to an enemy champion and strikes a lethal blow, dealing true damage. This damage is increased for each stack of Hemorrhage on the target. If Noxian Guillotine is a killing blow, its cooldown is refreshed.

I only see one gap closer: his ultimate. I also like the trade off on his ultimate: if he uses it early to get in range then it deals less damage than it would later in the fight (since the target has no stacks of Hemorrhage if Darius uses it to open.)

His E also has a short range pull/spin but I'd like to think that its range will be the same as Garen's spin. Not to mention Darius also has his another spin (Q) ... two spins on one champ!

Mazlo on
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Mazlo wrote: »
    - Hemorrhage (Passive): Darius aims his attacks strategically, causing his to target bleed. This effect stacks up to five times.
    - Decimate: Darius swings his axe in a lethal circle. Enemies struck by its blade take more damage than those struck by its shaft.
    - Crippling Strike: Darius's next attack severs a crucial artery. As the target bleeds out, their movement and attack speeds are slowed. Crippling Strike's cooldown is lower the more bloodied its target.
    - Apprehend: Darius hones his axe, granting him passive armor penetration. When activated, Darius sweeps up his enemies with his axe's hook and pulls them to him.
    - Noxian Guillotine (Ultimate): Darius leaps to an enemy champion and strikes a lethal blow, dealing true damage. This damage is increased for each stack of Hemorrhage on the target. If Noxian Guillotine is a killing blow, its cooldown is refreshed.

I only see one gap closer: his ultimate. I also like the trade off on his ultimate: if he uses it early to get in range then it deals less damage than it would later in the fight (since the target has no stacks of Hemorrhage if Darius uses it to open.)

His E also has a short range pull/spin but I'd like to think that its range will be the same as Garen's spin. Not to mention Darius also has his another spin (Q) ... two spins on one champ!

Double Helix, what does it mean? =p

• Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Old Summoners Rift
    fnUV5h.jpg

New Summoners Rift
    XI0aMh.jpg

the New summoners rift is for the graphics update (that includes model updates for Ashe) that we will likely see this coming patch (Darius) ((which is apprizingly close to the name 'dyrus' *tinfoil hat*))

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options

I cannot play D3 too.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    Mazlo wrote: »

the E is a gapcloser of some sort, and the W is a slow... and even if the E isn't long-range, many "disengages" aren't that long, they just give you a little space between you and your attacker.

We did a 4v4 IH last night...

Let's just say that GP, Sona, Mord, and Cass can't quite hold up to Kass, Kayle, Shen, and... Wu Kong iirc? Fun game, but seemed pretty hard to ever win.

Walkerdog on MTGO
This discussion has been closed.