As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Last Jackie Chan Film

DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Social Entropy++
Jackie Chan has announced that he’s retiring from action films. Or at least, he won't be taking action-heavy roles anymore.
I’ve been fighting and doing action films all my life, you’ve got to find a point to stop. With this movie [Chinese Zodiac] I’m the director, I’m the writer, I’m the producer. So okay, I think it’s a good time to announce that it’s my last big action movie. I would still do action movies but not a big one like this.”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y_XpS0lbAI&feature=youtu.be
Chinese Zodiac follows the adventures of a renowned thief/treasure hunter who’s searching for a set of ancient Chinese sculptures crafted in the likeness of the zodiac animals. The trailer fails to mention it, but Chan has previously disclosed that this is in fact the long-awaited third film in his absolutely kick-ass Armour of God series (aka Operation Condor series here in the US).

Chan goes on to say in the article that he wants to be an actor like Robert DeNiro, who can do drama/comedy/whatever, so this isn't really the last Jackie Chan film, but it is the last of the kind that made him a legend. I, for one, am stoked to see him focus his energies towards strong performances (See Shinjuku Incident if you haven't already, or hell, even The Karate Kid remake) though.

Let us discuss the coolest man in China.
JC.jpg

DrIanMalcolm on

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    wanna watch rumble in the bronx RIGHT NOW

0BnD8l3.gif
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Hm. Interesting.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    He followed up the next day (today) by saying he's not retiring he's just not going to do so many stunts because he wants to keep going but his body is getting so broken down from all the stunts.

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I think I remember hearing about this or something similar forever ago.

Either that or this is just deja vu all over again

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    I think I remember hearing about this or something similar forever ago.

Either that or this is just deja vu all over again

Jet Li?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    God. Bless Jackie Chan

Obligatory youtube is obligatory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SLJJc8siyU&feature=related

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    This isn't a Jackie Chan Adventures live action movie at all

2x39jD4.jpg
  • HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Exactly @Kwoaru. This upsets me.

• DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    The Shanghai films did manage to have some good moments (first film is still pretty good, second one.... ehhh)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPi5wtxa3wI&feature=youtu.be
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBc6-NKzSUs&feature=youtu.be

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    He followed up the next day (today) by saying he's not retiring he's just not going to do so many stunts because he wants to keep going but his body is getting so broken down from all the stunts.

This is how it's been for a while now, anyway. He's almost 60 so of course he can't do all that crazy shit anymore.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Oh dang that was Donnie Yen in that movie? I want to go back and watch that, now that I am not thirteen.

uc3ufTB.png
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

my thoughts exactly

• OmarOmar Registered User new member
    Congratulations on 100 years, Jackie Chan

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Technically this is Armor of God 3.

Last I heard Jackie snapped his leg or some such during filming, does this mean the movie is now in the can?

Since this is a Jackie Chan thread, my favorite fight from his 'modern' era (by that I mean no Wuxia).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTWkm-3jL0Y&feature=related

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have not seen the Operation Condor films, I don't think

OH FUCK YES THEY'RE ON NETFLIX STREAMING

For some odd reason the films were released backwards in America, so you have Operation Condor (the second film) and Operation Condor 2: Armor of God (the first film).

Both are amongst my favorite Jackie movies. He basically gets to run around and be Indiana Jones kung-fu style.

• Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    This is saddening me greatly

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Oh man, Operation Condor was great!

Drunken Master and Rumble in the Bronx are way up there though.

NNID: Rehab0
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Fucking weird. I went to type in "Jackie Chan IMDB" in the Google search bar and Jackie Chan dead was the third thing that came up as a search suggesting as I finished typing his last name. Apparently his death is a big internet hoax thing.

"Nearly 150000 Jackie Chan fans have liked a page memorializing the action film star... despite the fact Jackie Chan is, in fact, alive and well."

NNID: Rehab0
    For some odd reason the films were released backwards in America, so you have Operation Condor (the second film) and Operation Condor 2: Armor of God (the first film).

Both are amongst my favorite Jackie movies. He basically gets to run around and be Indiana Jones kung-fu style.

Okay watching these immediately

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular

my thoughts exactly

Thirding this, call me a heathen if you must, but that show was great.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    loved jackie chan adventures

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    OH FUCK YES THEY'RE ON NETFLIX STREAMING

You are in for a fucking treat, lemme tell ya.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »

my thoughts exactly

Thirding this, call me a heathen if you must, but that show was great.

jackie chan adventures was fantastic

ain't no heathen

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i lost track of jackie chan adventures in like the season where they're fighting a bunch of lizard men or something? it kinda just got too silly.

Melding wrote: »
    i lost track of jackie chan adventures in like the season where they're fighting a bunch of lizard men or something? it kinda just got too silly.

Silly was part of the whole thing, silly!

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Drunken

Master

That is all.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »

Silly was part of the whole thing, silly!

i said it got too silly, not that it became silly.

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    oh man netflix has jackie chan adventures

i never saw the last two seasons

GUESS WHAT I'M DOING NOW

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Jackie Chan is great.

But I think there are a ton of his movies that I haven't seen. I should remedy that.

• Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Let us discuss the coolest man in China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Leung_Chiu-Wai

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    that reminds me of wong kar wai

man did that guy ever derail his career with that piece of garbage 'my blueberry nights,' but i guess the magic couldn't last forever

• Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Drunken

Master

That is all.
    See I knew I liked you for a reason

Grey Ghost wrote: »

Okay watching these immediately

At one point he fights an Amazon squad of a Satanic cult in dominatrix outfits and heels,

They kick his ass until he starts fighting dirty.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular