As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 79 - Khorne Bathes the Old World in Blood!

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I probably should've asked HR (@displaced quasar) if he wanted to move any of his figures through The Under Empire, so if he does want to, he should let me know.

Round 3, End Phase

Board at the start of the end phase:

game79state22.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board - no effects

2. Hero Tokens are resolved - none

3. Resolve Old World cards - Reavers claim Peasants in Bretonnia and Tilea; The Horned Rat places a Skaven token at a Warpstone

4. Score Ruined Regions - Norsca: +6 VP +3 VP, Troll Country: +7 VP +3 VP, Estalia: +10 VP +5 VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - There is a tie for most DACs; each god ticks once

14 - Draw 2 Cards
    13 - Upgrade
    15 - Score 3 VP
    16 - Place 2 Nobles
    12 - Score 3 VP

Updated VP:
    Khorne: 22 + 10 = 32 VP
    Nurgle: 20 + 6 = 26 VP
    Tzeentch: 21 + 10 = 31 VP
    Slaanesh: 18 + 6 = 24 VP
    The Horned Rat: 23 + 8 = 31 VP

6. Check for Game end - The game does not end

Things that need to happen:
    1. The Horned Rat to place a Skaven token at a Warpstone The Border Princes is the only legal choice
    2. Khorne (@BoardGamer) to draw 2 cards
    3. Nurgle (@Cerberus) to choose an upgrade
    4. Slaanesh (@Gorden858) to place 2 Nobles
    5. The next Old World card will be revealed; The Horned Rat to make any decisions

As usual, everyone has permission to draw the next OWC once all prior decisions have been made.

Edit: Khorne killed the Peasant in The Badlands. This will be reflected on the next update.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Infested Colony

• Options
    displaced quasardisplaced quasar WI, USARegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Using Under Empire move all figures from Norsca and Estalia to Bretonnia. Move Move Rat Ogre from Troll Country to Kislev.

displaced quasar on
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    @displaced quasar Sure you want to move the figures from Estalia? You'll lose out on 5 points.

• Options
    I'll keep them in Estalia :)

• Options
    Gorden858Gorden858 Registered User regular
    Kislev and Bretonnia each one Noble, pls

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Round 4, Old World Phase

And the Old World brings us:

Peasant Uprising replaces the Reavers.
    - Place one Peasant token in every region except the Badlands.
    - While this Old World card remains in play, each Peasant token on the board raises the Resistance of the region it occupies by one.

Everybody may draw cards as usual and

@boardgamer to start the summoning

Gorden858 on
  • Options
    BoardGamerBoardGamer Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Play Bloodbath to Kislev.
    7/7 PP

BoardGamer on
  • Options
    Look at this for a quick play...

Choking Stench in Kislev

4/6PP

• Options
    Also, I truly believe that letting Khorne ruin Bretonnia gives them the game... He can't ruin it on his own!

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Round 4, Summoning Phase

game79state23-1.png

Skavengers (HR places a Skaven token at a Warpstone during end phase) and Peasants (Peasant tokens add to regions' resistance) are revolting.

Chaos effects:
    Kislev: Bath (K adds places corruption for kills) and Stench (-1 die for others per N card during battle phase)

Tzeentch (@Flimflammery) is active.

Edit: The Bloodbath is actually in Kislev, not Bretonnia.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    I think Khorne played Bloodbath to Kislev, not Bretonnia.

• Options
    Yep, will be fixed on the next update. Thanks!

• Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Sorry about the delay, guys; I was away for a long weekend and didn't have much of a chance to get online for long periods.

Bugger. I made such an outrageous strategic error in the last turn, it's just painful to contemplate. Ah well, one can only look forward and do the best one can. [Edit: or not, I suppose :(]

The Blue Scribes to Bretonnia, transporting 2 Khorne corruption tokens to the Badlands.

Flimflammery on
  • Options
    FlimflammeryFlimflammery There's always money in the banana stand... Oxford, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Argh, I've just realised that's not possible, since there are no magic symbols currently on the board! Bugger bugger bugger.

So I guess I'll have to instead play (M) Warp Portal to the Border Princes, discarding Transmogrify to do so, and move the Bloodletter to the Badlands. I will also get a free Horror from Norsca.

The Blue Scribes stays in my hand, I guess :oops:

6/6 PP

Flimflammery on
  • Options
    ...Bugger. I made such an outrageous strategic error in the last turn, it's just painful to contemplate. Ah well, one can only look forward and do the best one can. [Edit: or not, I suppose :(]
    I'm curious what that would have been :-).

• Options
    Argh, I've just realised that's not possible, since there are no magic symbols currently on the board! Bugger bugger bugger....
    Totally coincidentally there is one now in a pretty convenient place ;-)

• Options
    edited July 2012
    But now to come to my spectacular move, since I just HAVE to take advantage of my current, mindblowing board situation...

Seductress from Estalia to Kislev.

5/6 PP

Gorden858 on
  • Options
    I love the plans Tzeentch, probably shouldn't been so open with them... But I suppose that is what every evil genius does in the movies right? Or is it all plans within plans, making us think he is going to Blue Scribes when he in fact has plans for The Border Princes... hmm...

• Options
    Play Strength in Numbers to Bretonnia

5/6 PP

• Options
    Play Bloodbath to Bretonnia.
    7/7 PP

• Options
    Warrior to Kislev. 3/6pp

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I suppose I play The Blue Scribes to the Badlands, transporting 2 Slaanesh corruption tokens to the Border Princes. At least that means I don't give away anything more about my hand!

5/6 PP

Flimflammery on
  • Options
    Cerberus wrote: »
    Warrior to Kislev. 3/6pp

I'll assume that's from Norsca, as you have none left in stock.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Round 4, Summoning Phase

game79state24.png

Skavengers (HR places a Skaven token at a Warpstone during end phase) and Peasants (Peasant tokens add to regions' resistance) are revolting.

Chaos effects:
    Kislev: Bath (K adds places corruption for kills) and Stench (-1 die for others during battle phase)
    Bretonnia: Numbers (+1 defense for HR if he outnumbers another) and Bath (K adds places corruption for kills)

Slaanesh (@Gorden858) is active.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    Horror in The Border Princes.

• Options
    Whoops! Man, I am mistake-prone lately. As usual, will be fixed on the next update (or if I have nothing better to do later).

• Options
    Seductress from Estalia to Bretonnia

4/6 PP

@displaced quasar active

• Options
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Warrior to Kislev. 3/6pp

I'll assume that's from Norsca, as you have none left in stock.

Yup sorry.

• Options
    Gorden858 wrote: »
    Seductress from Estalia to Bretonnia

4/6 PP

@displaced quasar active

Putting that guy there is just giving K corruption due to Bloodbath, as he'll kill you not the rat due to Stength in Numbers, you know that right?

• Options
    Yes, I do.

• Options
    I love that answer!
    I am totally intrigued!

• Options
    I'm thinking that if Nurgle gets domination in Kislev as well as first place ruination, he may be on course to win... Khorne, I think you're the only one in a position to be able to stop that!

• Options
    Even with the 19 VP's from Kislev I won't win this turn, and that is if I get them all.
    (4 from domination, 5 from ruiners bonus, 10 from 1st place)

19 + 26 leave me 5 short.

• Options
    Vermin Lord to Kislev.

2/6 PP

• Options
    Bloodletter to Kislev.
    5/7 PP

• Options
    Plaguebearer to Kislev 2/6PP

• Options
    (M) Glean to the Border Princes, plus a free Horror from Troll Country.

5/6 PP

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Seductress to BP.

3/6 PP

Gorden858 on
  • Options
    Even with the 19 VP's from Kislev I won't win this turn, and that is if I get them all.
    (4 from domination, 5 from ruiners bonus, 10 from 1st place)

19 + 26 leave me 5 short.

Don't forget the 3 VP you will get the next time your dial ticks ;-) All things considered, I would prefer to see you on 41 VP at the end of the turn rather than 44 (dial tick but no domination) or 48 (dial tick and domination)...