As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fable 2: Sex, Children and Dogs.

• Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh man, now I really need to get the first one for the PC.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    She was fucking minted though.
    And she had a sweet rack.

Graviija on
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Seriously, how many of you kept the Bordello papers to yourself and didn't let the prostitutes turn it into a centre for abused women?

Silpheed on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Silpheed wrote: »
    Seriously, how many of you kept the Bordello papers to yourself and didn't let the prostitutes turn it into a centre for abused women?

Wait... you can keep them for yourself?

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    GimpyBoyGimpyBoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wait, you can set them free? Why?

GimpyBoy on
    GimpyBoy.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Yup.

(Where's a Quagmire picture when you need one..)

Silpheed on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yup.

(Where's a Quagmire picture when you need one..)

quagmire.jpg

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Wait, there was a bordello?

EDIT: Considering this is Penny Arcade, wheres the member who works for Lionhead and is working on this game? I want spoilered leakage info asap.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Only in the Lost Chapters version.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wait, there was a bordello?

EDIT: Considering this is Penny Arcade, wheres the member who works for Lionhead and is working on this game? I want spoilered leakage info asap.

we've got a resident Lionhead employee? neat. Tell us things plz

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    fable2chien06.jpg

it's that dog

Ranced on
  • Options
    capable heartcapable heart Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    deleted

capable heart on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Wait... you can keep them for yourself?

Jayne: Don't much see the benefit in getting involved in strangers' troubles without a up-front price negotiated.
    Book: These people need assistance. The benefit wouldn't necessarily be for you.
    Jayne: That's what I'm sayin'.
    Zoë: No one's gonna force you to go, Jayne. As has been stated, this job is strictly speculative.
    Jayne: Good! Don't know these folks, don't much care to.
    Mal: They're whores.
    Jayne: I'm in.
    You have to respect a man who's got his priorities straight.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I'm excited about it. As long as I can still be a Big Ol' Gay I'll be satisfied. Actually being able to be homosexual in a game was a rather... heady experience.

Plus my guy was 12 different flavors of HAWT. Sadly he got horribly scarred up because I never let him wear a shirt. That'll teach me to be dirty perv.

At least I see now why the straight boys likes them the bouncy jubblies in their fighting games.
    I don't mean to be insulting if you are, but are you honestly really gay? It just seems a bit flamboyantly over the top for me with the gay name, icon, and teh gay posts. Some people have just been known to pretend one way or another for attention or to stand out on ever growing forums where it is easy to be consumed by the legions of posters and not have anybody know who the hell you are.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    I honestly didn't find the bordello until after I beat the game. I was just exploring around and found it.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I never really bothered with the bordello mission, but I really enjoyed a lot of the game. The end battle was kinda retarded, but other than that the game was fun. I can't wait till I get to play Fable 2...... if it comes out for PC. If it doesn't I'll cry.

I want to play another game where I grow horns and have a cloud of flies following me and I'm allowed to get drunk off my ass, become disgustingly fat, take off all my clothes and run amok in a city vomiting everywhere between bouts of punching and fireballing random people.

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    GimpyBoyGimpyBoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I hope if you grow horns in this one it doesn't make you go bald again. That sucked... Same with being good and your hair going white actually.

GimpyBoy on
    GimpyBoy.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I hope that the alignment changes are either small or optional since I hated how my character changed when I started to go up the alignnment meter. A halo and butterflies doesn't exactly scream badass hero to me. Of course, losing all your hair when you were evil wasn't exactly fun either.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'd really like it if flies didn't go around you when you turn evil.

Smelling like shit isn't cool.

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Everything about evolution in Fable was fucked. Aging because you improve your stats, getting scarred to fuck all the time, going bald or going grey. Meh. Flies, halos. Needs a total rework to be less cartoony.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2007
    Well I liked it, and I'm better than all of you.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    See, it must be true since Tube's mother keeps saying that to him.

EDIT: Has there been anything official regarding the size of the gameworld?

Silpheed on
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Blakout wrote: »
    Meiz wrote: »
    What people don't realize about Fable is how great it is for being a dick. I was drunk through 90% of the game and just generally being the biggest douche possible. Remember the ghost pirate who wanted you to dig up his buried treasure and give it to his wife? I took the treasure and used it to buy as much beer as I could then beat the hell out of his wife while doing pelvic thrusts.

Another good source of fun was stumbling into the classroom, throwing up at the teacher's feet, yelling "SHIT!" and proceeding to introduce him to your fist repeatedly while the horrified children looked on. In Fable 2 those will be my horrified children, making it that much more satisfying.
    I am going to buy this game now, just from this post

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    See, it must be true since Tube's mother keeps saying that to him in bed.

See, it works for any post!

Pb on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Mr Bubbles wrote: »
    Meiz wrote: »
    What people don't realize about Fable is how great it is for being a dick. I was drunk through 90% of the game and just generally being the biggest douche possible. Remember the ghost pirate who wanted you to dig up his buried treasure and give it to his wife? I took the treasure and used it to buy as much beer as I could then beat the hell out of his wife while doing pelvic thrusts.

Another good source of fun was stumbling into the classroom, throwing up at the teacher's feet, yelling "SHIT!" and proceeding to introduce him to your fist repeatedly while the horrified children looked on. In Fable 2 those will be my horrified children, making it that much more satisfying.
    I am going to buy this game now, just from this post

i personally enjoyed strutting round in nought but my underpants and a smile, while impressing children in a bid to coax them into following me. The Naked Piper, i was.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Everything about evolution in Fable was fucked. Aging because you improve your stats, getting scarred to fuck all the time, going bald or going grey. Meh. Flies, halos. Needs a total rework to be less cartoony.

Looking older as you got more experience and skills? Perfectly fine to me.

Having every single other person in the world remain the same age, including key family members? That's where they fucked it up big time.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I didn't like becoming wrinkly and ancient looking. I want to be young and virile tapping shit wherever it dares show its feminine form.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Looking older as you got more experience and skills? Perfectly fine to me.

Having every single other person in the world remain the same age, including key family members? That's where they fucked it up big time.
    I didn't mind the aging but the parameters for aging was way off. IIRC one level in any skill would age you around 0.7 years which would turn you into an old fogey pretty quickly.

That and the fact that everyone remained the same age except you, of course.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    You could actually only get really old if you started buying magic skills.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    You could actually only get really old if you started buying magic skills.
    No kidding, my guy went from 19 to 45 in one go. Talk about wasting your youth.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    AFIAK everyone caps at the same age, Magic just ages you faster.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    That's because you have so many different magic spells and several levels to upgrade that ages you so fast. 1 skill level=0.7 years, which means that you age really quickly if you buy 3-4 spells and put some points into them.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    In Fable 2 you age with the story apparently rather than with skill progression though how the story is triggered to progress I do not know.

The best thing about Fable 1 IMO was the Lost Chapters when you set off on the boat to the new world. You arrive and you have a full on rugged beard and wearing my shiny gold armour? That looked like a true aged hero who has seen the world and can still kick ass.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Can you carve the pumpkin?

I'm not very satisfied with Peter's ability to find a coherent direction for his stories or usefully deep sandbox gameplay.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Nope. If you only level up strength or skill, you cap out at thirty two. If you level up both, around fifty. You can't get hella old without magic.

Tube on
  • Options
    Spanky The DolphinSpanky The Dolphin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    He should carry over some of the features from Black & White.

When the game finally hits stores it turns out that adventuring is just the backdrop for teaching your UI dog where to poop.

Spanky The Dolphin on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Pete lost me at Black and White.

Seriously one of the most frustrating gaming experiences I've ever had. Wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't put so much time into it.

august on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    He should carry over some of the features from Black & White.

When the game finally hits stores it turns out that adventuring is just the backdrop for teaching your UI dog where to poop.

If you carve it out, can he poop in the pumpkin? :o

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007

Nope. If you only level up strength or skill, you cap out at thirty two. If you level up both, around fifty. You can't get hella old without magic.

Well, I assumed this was with everyone leveling up everything they could, because.. who doesn't?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Well, I assumed this was with everyone leveling up everything they could, because.. who doesn't?

And you have to do something with that left over experience that amounts to barely anything but is still enough to buy a few spells.

Couscous on