As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Torchlight 2] is now out on Steam for 20 USD thread. Try the demo!

12346»

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Oh look this conversation again.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It is pretty funny though. How is it not, "I want to mod my character without being flagged as modding"?

Which, you can totally do of course. I just think it's silly to be concerned about that flag if you're going use the console.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I don't see what's hard to understand, here

Nobody wants a flag that essentially means "I cheated" just because they wanted to respec their character

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    The flag doesn't say you cheated. It just flags you as having used the console. You're calling it cheating. I don't get why you're so defensive about this simple observation. It flags you as using the console, you want to use the console, but not be flagged as doing so. Go ahead and do it if you want and I guess you can even keep being bothered by my opinion if you want. You can do what you want!

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    And don't say "nobody wants a flag that essentially means 'I cheated'" because as I've made clear, I don't really give a shit and I know I'm not the only one.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    It's a work-around usable for now until the mod tools are released. If you think modding is cheating then... well what's the point of this conversation?

See the flag isn't, "Hey this guy used a mod he's a jerk" since they actually want people to use mods and do all kinds of shit with the game. The flag is kind of a blanket thing for any console buggery you do. I don't think it should apply to someone respeccing skills, but I'm fine with it applying to someone who uses the console to spawn items and shit.

Edit: See this conversation keeps coming up because of how vociferously you declare that you don't care.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    ok

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    I don't think modding is cheating. But oddly enough, you guys seem to since you keep referring to the flag as a "cheat" flag. It doesn't flag you as a cheater as I've said before. It just flags you as having used the console. You guys are the ones that are equating using the console with cheating, but then saying that you don't want to be flagged after using the console. It's some pretty hilarious mental hoops you're jumping through.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ok

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Zay, why aren't we steam friends?

Edit: Oh, we are.

ok

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    Any other words you guys want to put in my mouth to make yourselves sound a little less crazy? :P

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7CGkRxSANI

You understand that you get the same label if you spawn a respec potion or if you spawn all the legendaries in the game right?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    Any other words you guys want to put in my mouth to make yourselves sound a little less crazy? :P

Oh I got something I want to put in your mouth alright

So I haven't looked too close at the other classes skill trees, but is there a pet class similar to the alchemist in TL1? I remember having a bunch of little purple monkeys and two robots and a little hovering rock thing

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Exactly my point. The flag doesn't specify what you did. It just flags you as having modded something. And you're saying that makes it a "cheat" flag. So, believe that if you want. But that's pretty silly.

Also, I would imagine that using mods (once the tools are released) will probably also flag you since by your own logic, you could be using a mod that drops legendaries much more frequently. Or a mod that gives more skill points. The flag doesn't discriminate. It just let's people know, "hey, this dude changed something about the game if you care about that kind of shit". I just don't get why most people would give two shits. This game fundamentally is not designed as a competitive game in the same sense as D3 was. The moddability was one of the big selling points, and now you're worrying that other purists will recognize you haven't been playing as a purist.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I'm a purist

sneering down at all you cheating mother fuckers

• Options
    There should be an achievement for beating the game on hardcore elite without assigning any skill points for real bragging rights.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    @Kwoaru
    is it your dong? :winky:

edit: as far as class pets, I know engi gets the healbot and the gunbot. the healbot lasts until you move to a new area/floor and the gunbot lasts 60 seconds I believe. you can also summon spider mines but they only last until they explode on an enemy.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Maaaan I miss the fixed stat gain from Diablo 3 - I fear that I have thoroughly misspent my stat points, since my Outlander just died about 10 times facing the Artifice -.-

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Just use the console commands. Or it shouldn't be long before they release the mod tools and respeccing will likely be one of the first things modded in.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Maaaan I miss the fixed stat gain from Diablo 3 - I fear that I have thoroughly misspent my stat points, since my Outlander just died about 10 times facing the Artifice -.-

what difficulty are you on

I am playing on veteran with an engineer, having tons of vit and as many ranks in heal bot as is possible, and I still die quite a bit

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm playing a cannon engineer and I haven't died yet

But I'm only in the tail end of act 1

Totally playing more of this on the weekend when i have the time

• Options
    @Nerdgasmic Veteran, I've heard that anything below that is too easy.
    I have a couple of gripes with the game, like the draw distance - my guns outrange it, but I'm not allowed to hit monsters from my highest possible range. Screw that. Also, only 3 skills to respec for absurd amounts of money? Boo.
    Still lots of fun!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    yeah, the economy is pretty dumb. I never have enough money for more than a couple enchantments or spells and so on

• Options
    finally got a heal all for my pet

life is gonna be great now

• Options
    I got two uniques in a single chest

both were perfect for my engineer

• Options
    sweeeeet

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    I just gambled a unique gun that demands I take the lives of many tu'tara

but I forget where to find them and the googles aren't helping me, anybody remember where they're at?

Sounds like a desertish act 2 enemy to me

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Hmm, it may not actually require you to kill them and instead may just be a reference to an enemy that existed in the first game but may not be in this game.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    it says augmented weapon kill tu'tarans 0/50 "the tu'tara are gonna be super afraid of you"

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Well, here's a vid showing them in the first game. They're those reptile humanoids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAkn5-A5akY

Don't recall seeing any in TL2 yet.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Scratch that. I'm seeing mentions of them in TL2, just not where.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah that was what I was seeing, it is a very nice gun too

AUm11.jpg

I'll go marauding around the acts and see what I find later, I just hit act 4 and it is time for a break

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I got a weapon like that in TL1 - after you kill them, it upgrades itself!

• Options
    Yes I just need to find them so I can kill them so my gun can get even better

And then I can waste all the money I get from killing things with it trying to get another one of it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Tutarans are in act 2

• Options
    So a friend of mine has a weird problem - he has shitty drops. Practically no blues or uniques, no matter which char, no matter if +20mf or +0 - at first I thought he was just unlucky, but there seems to be something wrong - is that a known bug or what?

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Haha omg, unique boots for the Berserker: "Thuggs -'brutally ugly boots' "

ouxsemmi8rm9.png