As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

alpha centauri, lets talk about it(SMAC 2 ANNOUCNED)

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I was too young+didn't speak enough english to enjoy AC when it cme out

I wanted to try it out before but, well

the graphics seem super shitty

and I don't usually care about graphics at all!

but, man

those are terrible

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    my favorite faction in the regular game was the university

in the expansion, it was the pirates

but the AI faction and the data angels were also rad as hell

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Beware, you who seek first and final principles, for you are trampling the garden of an angry God and he awaits you just beyond the last theorem!

Miriam is the best fuck all ya'll haters

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    The only real drawback to playing Deirdre IMO is that it feels really wrong to do anything to planet except spread trees and fungi around. No boreholes, melting the ice caps, or planet busters.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    my favorite faction in the regular game was the university

in the expansion, it was the pirates

but the AI faction and the data angels were also rad as hell

I came in here to say exactly this

Also goddamn the pirates could dominate early on if you managed to expand enough!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    the other drawback is that you're a pagan harlot, affronting God with your perversions

we must dissent

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    sister miriam - possibly the only character that's a bigger dick than Ghandi in Civ?

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I fucking hate ghandi

pirate colony pods and formers cost 3x as much as the other factions which is pretty crippling.

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    sister miriam - possibly the only character that's a bigger dick than Ghandi in Civ?

I dunno man, Pravin Lal is a pretty big dick for the leader of a group called the Peacekeepers

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    God I loved this game. Gaians was THE faction for me in original. (Cybernetic Conciousness in the expansion)

That's right, I was a worm hugging hippy in the original. Bring it on.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Lal almost always turned out a warmonger in my games.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Everyone knows University is best.

Although they are also best at being spied upon.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Alpha Centauri was one of the games that helped me learn English.

I always played the shit out of the University because science! But my favourite will always be the Free Drones or whatever those rad trade union guys are.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    It took me a while to realize that the University are awesome science guys but they also believe in no moral boundaries for science too

Which is a bit messed up

(I still love them, though)

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I would always Human Hive

immune to inefficiency was so awesome

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I do not remember much about this game. I just remember that I borrowed a copy from someone years ago and loved playing it

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Oh man the human hive were such dicks

Such fantastic dicks

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    most things about Alpha Centauri were awesome

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Miriam was awesome if she was not on your continent because she busies herself with throwing her masses of infantry at other people while you did useful things, like develop flights of needlejets.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    "Commit Atrocity?" has to be the best binary choice ever included in a videogame

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Fuck Miriam, Fuck Lal. Couple of warmongering assholes. I mean, for crying out loud, when you're more trigger-happy than Santiago, you need to be put down.

Always University for me. Morgan was always my buddy. Hey Morgan! Hey, that's a nice pile of cash you're sleeping in. How about I give you this awesome new tech I came up with in exchange for it? I call it......the BED! Enjoy! Don't worry about that fancy machinery running around our borders. It's all terraforming equipment. Seriously. Promise. Your scientists wouldn't understand.

(Terraform you straight to hell!)

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    This game always seemed so damn cool and interesting, but it came out before I really started getting into games.

Might give it a shot one of these days.

Dux on
  • Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    University now, University forever

fuck Miriam of course, this goes without saying

but fuck Yang almost as hard, with his hundreds of needlejets that all do like one damage when he attacks your cities but you have to sit through thirty seconds of looping needlejet attack animations

back me up on this: smac is completely the best Civ game

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    the best part of the expansion was the aliens not counting as atrocities so you could nerve gas and planet bust them out of existence without retribution

• Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    I don't suppose anyone made a mod for Civ 4 or 5 that makes it like AC?

8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Apogee wrote: »
    I don't suppose anyone made a mod for Civ 4 or 5 that makes it like AC?

People were working on it, but it wasn't very good.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    To continue the quote parade:
    As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Already we have turned all of our critical industries, all of our material resources, over to these...things...these lumps of silver and paste we call nanorobots. And now we propose to teach them intelligence? What, pray tell, will we do when these little homunculi awaken one day and announce that they have no further need for us?

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist. Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done."

University always

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    figured I'd pop into a game of SMAC 'cuz of this thread
    rolled gaians

my immediate neighbor was fucking miriam, who virtually as soon as the game had started began to bully me with an armada of rovers she could not possible have legitimately constructed in the available timeframe

so I kinda went insane with rage and turned on the cheat mode and summoned planet busters into the skies above each of her like zillion cities that she shouldn't even have yet

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    All you did was make me a martyr

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    You only get to be a martyr if there's someone left to remember you.

• Options
    God will avenge me!

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    No one has yet posted the intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=035cpHEowS4

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    well strictly speaking within the context of that game I was God

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Dichotomy remembers.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    I wish gog had alien crossfire

I never played it

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Tau Ceti Flowering: Horrors visited upon neighboring systems must never be repeated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftefXCqil_U

This discussion has been closed.