As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Tourney Sign-up

Samusman1Samusman1 Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in PAX Archive
When can we start signing up for the tourneys?

Samusman1 on

• David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited March 2007
    For the PC area, it'll be at the event.

David Coffman on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    DiscoDave wrote: »

Im pretty sure for everything its going to be day of pax.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Amber FechkoAmber Fechko Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    BigRed wrote: »
    DiscoDave wrote: »

Im pretty sure for everything its going to be day of pax.

Correct.

Amber Fechko on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    hopefully it won't be like 06's guitar hero tourney. i signed up the day before, and got rejected at the door because they lost the sign up sheet.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Mo1sonMo1son Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Guitar Hero filled up in less than half an hour. I was near the front of the line when they opened the doors, and I sprinted up to the third floor to sign up. Luckily, when I got there, there was no line-up and I was third on the list. I came back in 20 minutes, and there was a 1 hour lineup to sign up for tourneys hahaha.

Mo1son on
  • Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, even if you aren't gonna be there the entire day, be at PAX the day the doors open. That's how I've gotten into every tourney I've signed up for.

Too bad I haven't gotten anywhere

But this is the year I will! Look out, Super Smash Brother players. I'm comin' for joo.

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    hopefully it won't be like 06's guitar hero tourney. i signed up the day before, and got rejected at the door because they lost the sign up sheet.

We most certainly did not. The pool assignments were printed on the main doors, just like every other tourney.

And yes, all signups will be at the expo itself. This year, however, I plan on limiting how many people can sign up for Saturday and Sunday tournies on Friday. Last year, Guitar Hero filled up Saturday morning but there were a lot of no-shows the next day. Plus, there was miscommunication regarding when signups were open, so a lot of people assumed you couldn't enter until Sunday morning.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
  • Samusman1Samusman1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    yeah, im psyched for the SSBM tourney (last year of that before SSBB)! I couldn't enter last year, that being my first time and not knowing what the hell was going on... I trounced some of the tourney losers in freeplay though! (man, theyre gonna need a hella supply of batteries for those wiimotes)

Samusman1 on
This discussion has been closed.