As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Steve Ditko [chat]

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    We do have this twin problem of copyright, that creative material is tightly controlled for so long. I propose dealing with one would possibly dissipate the other somewhat.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I believe that mankind need not be governed

womenkind would still fall under mankind's authority, though

that's just common sense

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »

that's just common sense

NotSureIfSirius.jpg

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    168706_1645007479698_1072214350_31540049_4780967_n.jpg

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

that's just common sense

NotSureIfSirius.jpg

I'm just saying, general anarchy and mob rule would clear out most, if not all, of society's problems with copyright law

ignore the downsides and I'm sure you'll agree

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Well if I think about it more carefully, Kim Dotcom moved to a very big house by NZ standards, in a rural area and is very much larger than life (big parties, lots if cara, helicopters etc), so he would very much not be embraced by NZ local farmers or rural town dwellers.

Things have got better but till recently a lot of NZ rural communities hadn't welcomed in many new families since WW1, so like many other rural communities the world over, they were not welcoming to New residents.

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    ITT we learn that Kiwis are unwelcoming and probably 'cists, but obvs not Borgs.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    ITT we learn that Kiwis are unwelcoming and probably 'cists, but obvs not Borgs.

We are very restrained, Presbyterian Borg

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    insert sheep joke here

• Options
    insert sheep joke here

Two sheep herders are flying the herd to a new farm. Suddenly, the
    engine fails and
    the plane begins to fall quickly to the ground.

SH1: Quick! Grab a parachute and jump!

SH2: What about the sheep ?!?

SH1: Fuck the sheep !!!!

SH2: (pause) Do you think we have time?

Steam
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    stayed up all night

stupid. but job doesn't start til next week

nooothing to do

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    my brain is telling me it's "absolutely none of this was supposed to have happened" but I'm not really sure

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Hullo!

How was your weekend? Mine was long.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Hullo!

I worked all weekend. :(

I am so ready to go home, but even then I can't go to sleep as I have to wait for the mail to be delivered because I have to sign for a package.

Steam
  • Options
    Hullo!

I am so ready to go home, but even then I can't go to sleep as I have to wait for the mail to be delivered because I have to sign for a package.

Aww man! I knew this would happen when I took the weekend off of being The Harbinger.

• Options
    In other news, Australia still wants to kill... everyone.
    PORT MACQUARIE, Australia – An Australian mom has told of being "stalked" by a rogue kangaroo for two days before it savaged her, leaving her with a 12-inch scar.

Kirrily McWilliams was first confronted by the growling female eastern gray kangaroo in the backyard of her property south of Port Macquarie, in New South Wales -- and the next day it got through her fence and attacked her dog, a 143-pound mastiff.

Despite worried calls to National Parks and Wildlife Services for help, McWilliams was told to ignore the animal and it would go away, The (Sydney) Daily Telegraph reported.

That afternoon she was walking down the driveway to pick her daughter up from the school bus when she saw the mad marsupial heading towards her at high speed. With nowhere to hide she dropped to the ground and curled up in a ball.

"If you stand and confront them they can easily tear you apart because that's what they do to each other," McWilliams said.

It pounded at her a number of times, clawing at her back with its powerful hind legs before bounding away. She sustained a large gash and other scratches on her back.

"It was lucky it was cool weather and I had two layers of clothing, otherwise it could have been worse," she said.

While she was at the hospital, her husband was attacked by the kangaroo in the backyard, but he kept it at bay with a shovel.

A day later, NPWS officials issued a permit to hire a shooter and kill the kangaroo -- but by that time it had moved on and attacked someone else.

There have been a number of cases of kangaroos lashing out.

NPWS said the powerful eastern grays, which can weigh up to 145 pounds and stand almost six feet, were considered dangerous and its policy was to educate people on avoiding conflict.

Steam
  • Options
    Hullo!

Aww man! I knew this would happen when I took the weekend off of being The Harbinger.

I didn't know if it was time to leave or not! It was tragic and I am exhausted.

Steam
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm shipping something to a lady who has a last name of assmann. Unless its a joke. That wouldve been a rough name to have as a kid.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Australian man fights Kangaroo.

Two best friends forced to do battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XQbBxIHbHQ

• Options
    Is it? So still Happy Birthday, Mr. check!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Xq1wW.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Mornin' [chat]
    how are we all doing today?

sig.gif
  • Options
    RELEVANT PUPPIES
    rSEI9.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Can't sleep too many fires at work got me stressing.

Not. Not literal fires.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    By insisting puppies are relevant in that post you almost imply that there is a time that puppies aren't relevant.

• Options
    that picture is confusing

and why am i still awake.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    let's see if i can make breakfast before this download finishes. hmmmm

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I've watched two films over the weekend. First was MI:Ghost Protocol which was quite ok. Then there was... Drive Angry (in very, very annoying 3D!). What a bad movie. But entertaining! William Fichtner was a delight! Overall I may have to say it's a better Ghost Rider film than Ghost Rider.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    tumblr_m3ni2sL6i31qe03zoo1_500.jpg

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Happy Birthday! But don't cry, it makes your make-up run!

My weekend was long and sunny and spent with friends in a somewhat dodgy family-friendly resort, all good. Now the weather has returned to temperatures that allow for some actual activitity, also good.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Surreal.

Steam
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    U06X6.jpg

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    U06X6.jpg

I don't know exactly what I am looking at, but I am p sure it's awesome.

Steam
  • Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    U06X6.jpg

Ten points to Gryffindor.

• Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I dont even know what game that is.

I suspect it's LoL.

• Options