As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play Call of Duty: World at War [Cancelled due to Rage]

TheCyberMycTheCyberMyc That GuyRegistered User regular
edited June 2012 in Games and Technology
scaled.php?server=27&filename=944197111364front.jpg&res=landing
Image Provided by imageshack.us

Hello!
This is my second LP, the game is of course Call of Duty: World at War, the popular World War II game by Treyarch.

What is Call of Duty: World at War?
Call of Duty: World at War, also referred to as Call of Duty 5 or simply World at War, and abbreviated as CoD: WaW or WaW, is a first-person shooter game produced by Treyarch, released on November 11, 2008 in North America and on November 14, 2008 in Europe.

There is one campaign in the game divided in two: the American campaign and the return of the Soviet campaign. There is no British campaign in the game, making World at War the only major Call of Duty set in the Second World War not to feature a British Campaign or a British playable character.

The American campaign is set in the Pacific theater on the islands of Makin, Peleliu, and Okinawa. The Soviet campaign is set in the Eastern Front, mainly in Nazi Germany.
(Extracted from the Call of Duty Wikia)

Call of Duty 5 is a WW2 FPS
The publisher is Activision
The Developer is Treyarch.

This series will have 2 videos uploaded a day, with 1 level on those same days being recorded at the same time.
Any advise offered is welcomed!
Notes
Certain levels have devmap enabled, this is for fov settings.
The Commentary may be "subpar" during the first episodes.

Playlist for the Walkthrough

TheCyberMyc on

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    oh god why would you willingly play this game? I was a tester for this one, have fun with it :)

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Is CoD5 really that bad? I have never played it but I've always sort of wanted to because A) it's the last WW2 CoD game before Modern Warfare/Black Ops started getting infinitely regurgitated, and B) it's one of the few WW2 games to have a Pacific campaign.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    its not that terrible but playing it as a job makes it suck

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Play it on Veteran and enjoy World of Grenade War

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I went through it a long time ago. I enjoyed it. I think it was the only COD game I went through on the second hardest difficulty (veteran?) the first time through. It has flame throwers!

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Is CoD5 really that bad? I have never played it but I've always sort of wanted to because A) it's the last WW2 CoD game before Modern Warfare/Black Ops started getting infinitely regurgitated, and B) it's one of the few WW2 games to have a Pacific campaign.

Honestly, I found WAW to be the last good CoD, with a tie between 2 and 4 being the best. Then they ruined the series for me with MW2.

• Options
    TzenTzen Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Honestly, I found WAW to be the last good CoD, with a tie between 2 and 4 being the best. Then they ruined the series for me with MW2.

I concur.

All of the CoD SP campaigns are fucking infuriating grenade-spam-shittiness on even just hardened, WaW being no exception.

What kinda saves WaW and elevates it a little bit above the other CoDs is the fucking brutal MG/explosives dismemberment and the progressively charred flamethrower victims. I think I actually felt kind of fatigued after the flamethrower segments and the constant screams of torched mans.

• Options
    TheCyberMycTheCyberMyc That Guy Registered User regular
    oh god why would you willingly play this game? I was a tester for this one, have fun with it :)

Honestly, because I loved the Russian side of the campaign.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular

Honestly, because I loved the Russian side of the campaign.

To be fair...the Russian parts of most WW2 Games were the best. Heres your bullets. The guy in front of you has your gun. Wait your turn comrade!