As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CYOA] Operation Mongoose, Phase 2.5 : Red Alert!

15678911»

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Tiphareth wrote: »
    I'm fine with not asking questions at all, but I'd rather we mend all these holes before the lead rain starts pouring in.

Can we hold off on the repairs until we're off the molten uranium? After that I'm all for splitting crewmen up between firing guns and duct taping the hull back in place.
    If we kill the J.Hound fast enough, we might have some allies to watch our back while we repair ourselves/send out parties to nearby landmarks.

• Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    Sparing one crew for repairs couldn't hurt? it is just one energy less next turn.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    mongoose39.png

Options:

- Spend 1 power to open a channel with any radar contact.

- Spend 1 power to move forward 1 space.

- Spend 1 power to disintegrate a low performance vehicle, converting it into 10 Alloy Sheets & 1 Engine Component.

- Spend 1 power to disintegrate a piece of tank wreckage, converting it into 20 Alloy Sheets, 5 Engine Components and a Heavy Gun.

- Spend 1 power to disintegrate a piece of Ghetty wreckage, converting it into 20 Alloy Sheets and 10 Spare Electronics.

- Spend 1 power to open fire on the Invader Half-Tracks with missiles. May fire up to 3 missiles at the cost of 1 power each.

- Deploy a Security Team in a low performance vehicle to explore Kincaid Rail or J.L. Storage

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Combat Orders: Missile Launchers(On Standby) - Main Battery(On Standby) - Secondary Battery(On Standby) - Fusion Plasma Cannon(Inoperable/Not Available)
    Movement: (Forward[3]))
    Communications: (On Standby)
    Crew Orders: (Technical(Repair[Capacitor Armor - Thread Armor - Secondary Battery Armor] - Security[Deploy{Kincaid}]))
    Salvage: (Ghetty[1])
    History Lesson: (N/A)

Our allies looks competent enough to take care of that last invader, and we only have one more multi-missile.
    Also, welcome back Ender. Hope you've had a good time.

• Options
    Combat Orders: Hold Fire
    Movement: (Forward[3]))
    Crew Orders: Technical - Repair [Juggernaut wetware - Reactor chamber - Missile bay] - Dispatch Security teams [Kincaid and J.L. Storage])
    Salvage: (Ghetty[2])

Can we deploy multiple security teams? One to Kincaid and one to J.L.?
    As for repairs, I'd rather get our disabled systems back on line, then work on repairing the armor. Particularly for the Juggernaut wetware, I'm guessing that if that goes we lose our Juggernaut mode, which means no more Plasma Cannon shenanigans.

• Options
    wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    These allies are pretty kick ass. Welcome back Ender!

Combat Orders: (Standby)
    Movement: (Forward(3))
    Communications: (Standby)
    Crew Orders: (Technical (Repair: Juggernaut wetware - Reactor chamber - Missile bay))(Security(Kincaid Rail))
    Salvage: (Ghetty(2))

wilting on
  • Options
    mongoose40.png

Options:

- Spend 1 power to disintegrate a low performance vehicle, converting it into 10 Alloy Sheets & 1 Engine Component.

- Spend 1 power to disintegrate a piece of tank wreckage, converting it into 20 Alloy Sheets, 5 Engine Components and a Heavy Gun.

- Spend 1 power to disintegrate a piece of Ghetty wreckage, converting it into 20 Alloy Sheets and 10 Spare Electronics.

- Spend 1 power to open fire on the Invader Half-Tracks with missiles. May fire up to 3 missiles at the cost of 1 power each.

- Deploy a Security Team in a low performance vehicle to explore Kincaid Rail or J.L. Storage

- Deploy Technical Teams to repair damaged armor (10 alloys sheets) or vital systems (10 alloy sheets + 10 spare electronics).

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Combat Orders: Missile Launchers(On Standby) - Main Battery(On Standby) - Secondary Battery(Firing(V[1HEAT] - M[1DU])) - Fusion Plasma Cannon(Not Available)
    Movement: (Forward[1]))
    Crew Orders: (Technical(Repair[Juggernaut Wetware - Juggernaut Wetware Armor - Reactor Chamber]))

Didn't think we had enough electronics to repair any systems...

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Combat Orders: Missile Launchers(On Standby) - Main Battery(On Standby) - Secondary Battery(Firing(V[1HEAT] - M[1DU])) - Fusion Plasma Cannon(Not Available)
    Crew Orders: (Technical(Repair[Juggernaut Wetware - Juggernaut Wetware Armor - Reactor Chamber]))
    History Lesson: (Gremlin Droids)

Pretty sure we got the electronics from the ghetty scrap we broke down. I'm not sure what the order of operations is, but I was pretty sure that Ender would give us the benefit of the doubt.

see317 on
  • Options
    Yeah, seems like it :)

• Options

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Welcome back Ender :)

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    mongoose41.png

Options:

- Deploy a Security Team in a low performance vehicle to explore J.L. Storage or the missile silo.

- Deploy Technical Teams to repair damaged armor (10 alloys sheets) or vital systems (10 alloy sheets + 10 spare electronics).

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Combat Orders: Missile Launchers(On Standby) - Main Battery(On Standby) - Secondary Battery(Firing(V[1HEAT - 1DU] - M[1DU])) - Fusion Plasma Cannon(Not Available)
    Movement: (On Standby)
    Crew Orders: (Technical(Repair[Reactor Chamber Armor - Capacitor Armor]))

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Cybernetically enhanced Albert Speer clones? Fantastic!

Combat Orders: [/colorSecondary Battery(Firing(V[2HEAT - 1DU] - M[2DU]))
    Crew Orders: (Technical(Repair[Juggernaut Wetware Armor - Reactor Chamber Armor - Capacitor Armor]))

Looks like the Lathe will be tough to take down...it is a shame our npcs had to nobly sacrifice themselves :(

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Shooting a Hitler-maker full of Hitlers? The only way this could be better, was that if we had a stack of hitler-corpses to process into bullets. Anyway, let's get rid of these small fry and prepare for maximum shooty.

• Options
    Combat Orders: Missile Launchers(On Standby) - Main Battery(On Standby) - Secondary Battery(Firing(V[1HEAT - 1DU] - M[1DU])) - Fusion Plasma Cannon(Not Available)
    Movement: (On Standby)
    Crew Orders: (Technical(Repair[Reactor Chamber Armor - Capacitor Armor]))

Gonna be tough to get to the HL though. It's pretty far away...

• Options
    mongoose42.png

Options:

- Deploy a Security Team in a low performance vehicle to explore J.L. Storage or the missile silo.

- Order a Technical Team to neutralize the molten sodium in a vital subsystem.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Combat Orders: Missile Launchers(Firing[Lathe - 2HEAT]) - Main Battery(On Standby) - Secondary Battery(On Standby) - Fusion Plasma Cannon(Not Available)
    Movement: (Right(2))
    Crew Orders: (Technical(Neutralize(Sodium[Reactor - Missile Bay]))
    Salvage: (On Standby)

That thing is pretty mean. Being all out of reach. Guess we'd better fire all our missiles to prevent them from cooking.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    Jeep-EepJeep-Eep Registered User regular
    Combat Orders: Missile Launchers(Firing[Lathe - 2HEAT]) - Main Battery(On Standby) - Secondary Battery(On Standby) - Fusion Plasma Cannon(Not Available)
    Movement: (down 3, away from the Lathe)
    Communications: (Hitler Lathe)
    Crew Orders: (Technical(Neutralize(Sodium[Reactor - Missile Bay], Repair(Armor-Capacitor))
    History Lesson: (Krakatoa Missile)

I'm thinking an investigation of the Silo might be a good idea. Anyone agree?

Also, is there anything the technical teams can do aboard the EoK besides fix things? I want to do stuff with the recovered material besides plug holes.

I would rather be accused of intransigence than tolerating genocide for the sake of everyone getting along. - @Metzger Meister
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Movement: (Right(2))
    History Lesson: (Krakatoa missile)

Quickly, we must recover the corpses of our unfortunate allies. So we can use them to repair ourselves. Hopefully before we explode.

Edit: Jeep-Eep, you're absolutely correct.

see317 on
  • Options
    Learning about the Krakatoa missile could be useful. We ought to pull up anything the onboard library has.

Just saying.

I would rather be accused of intransigence than tolerating genocide for the sake of everyone getting along. - @Metzger Meister
  • Options
    mongoose43.png

Options:

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Combat Orders: Missile Launchers(Firing[T- 1LMM]) - Main Battery(On Standby) - Secondary Battery(On Standby) - Fusion Plasma Cannon(Not Available)
    Movement: (Right(1) Forward(1))

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Interesting sig there Ender.

Combat Orders: Missile Launchers(Firing[T- 1LMM])

wilting on
  • Options
    wilting wrote: »

Combat Orders: Missile Launchers(Firing[T- 1LMM])

I'd have used Kickstarter, but they use Amazon Payments as a platform, and I'm not a U.S. citizen so that doesn't work for me. x.x

I hope it works out. I'm not a very good marketer, but I'll do what I can (...just FYI, the permutation of the game I decided to publish is not the same as the form you guys are playing here).

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Yeah I noticed the differences. I linked a few people to the page and requested their 'likes' etc. My only criticism is that perhaps art should be lower down on the stretch goals, but I understand that it is expensive. Perhaps the pitch could be improved, jazzed up, but I couldn't tell you how myself.

wilting on
  • Options
    Combat Orders: Missile Launchers(Firing[T- 1LMM]) - Main Battery(On Standby) - Secondary Battery(On Standby) - Fusion Plasma Cannon(Not Available)
    History Lesson: (Rocket Propelled Tank Deployment Vehicle)

We need to look into getting some auxiliary vees for the Tank. Maybe go looking for a garage or manufacturing plant, or see if we can get an onboard factory going

• Options
    Perhaps the Hitler Lathe has some sweet manufacturing equipment/plans for us if we defeat it. I would especially like the gun that fires Tiger tanks.

• Options
    wilting wrote: »
    *snip*

I think I filter sigs out by default now, didn't even notice.
    Also yeh, let's grab some junk from the lathe as soon as we can.

• Options
    mongoose44.png

Options:

- Order a Technical team to extinguish a fire.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Combat Orders: Missile Launchers(Firing[T- 1LMM]) - Main Battery(Firing(T2 - 2HEAT) - Secondary Battery(On Standby) - Fusion Plasma Cannon(Not Available)
    Movement: (Forward(1))
    Crew Orders: (Technical(Neutralize(Sodium[Reactor] - ExtinguishFire[Ammo magazine]))

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    Combat Orders: Missile Launchers(Firing[T- 1LMM]) - Main Battery(Firing(T2 - 2HEAT) - Secondary Battery(On Standby) - Fusion Plasma Cannon(Not Available)
    Movement: (Forward(1))
    Crew Orders: (Technical(Neutralize(Sodium[Reactor] - ExtinguishFire[Ammo magazine]))
    Salvage: (Tank)
    History Lesson: (Corvus Gunship)

• Options
    Wish I could have donated more Ender, but that is about what I can do for now.

• Options
    Oh, were you the one who backed for 25 bucks, Tiph? Thanks a lot. I really wish I could make this work out, because I'm starting to reach wit's end IRL for a few reasons, but it's looking like this was a no-go, so I guess I'll have to figure something else out.

I really, really appreciate the support, though.

I'll try to get this game back on track & updated daily as soon as is reasonable, but I'm having a month from Hell so this is a low-priority thing for me right now, unfortunately.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Yeah, I was hoping donations would have trickled in for you. I'm certain the game mechanics are solid, you've shown a good attention to detail in these two games you've hosted here.

I'm sorry to hear you are facing difficulties, hopefully you'll find a path that leads to improvements. And if life is kicking your behind, take as long a break as you need. I got this thread bookmarked so I won't lose sight of it so easily.