Options

new spooky thread... or IS IT???

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Is it polarizing?

I mean I guess on the internet anything can be polarizing but I wasn't aware of this particular case

Neither was I. Good book. Funny stuff.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Holy crap stills from megan is missing are really effed up

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Nerindil wrote: »
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Once again my strategy of reading Wikipedia synopsises and just pretending I know the movie has paid off handsomely

I've done that for a couple of movies. A while back I had a friend recommend me a movie called Megan is Missing. I figure, why not, I'll check it out. I google it, see the images related to it and resolve to never let that person near any kids I ever have.

I can take a lot but... Goddamn.

Welp I'm sure glad I googled this for a Wikipedia entry and google had images right on the front page waiting for me

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    jesus christ

i cant find a wiki entry for that movie and the images are horrifying

fuck

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    jesus christ

i cant find a wiki entry for that movie and the images are horrifying

fuck

We're living the same nightmare

I don't think there is a wiki entry

This is our hell

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    uggggggh

dont google that, people

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh jesus fuck

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Apparently it doesn't have a wiki page of its own but it's listed on the page for "List of banned films"

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I don't need a wiki

that movie is a not see

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I got nothing.

Thank you filters and google based luck.

• Options
    NerindilNerindil Registered User regular
    Yeah, he and I didn't hang much after that. Sorry I put you guys through that.

Though, if I had said "Whatever you do, don't google this!" would you have listened?

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Is it polarizing?

I mean I guess on the internet anything can be polarizing but I wasn't aware of this particular case

Neither was I. Good book. Funny stuff.

I always assumed so. Whenever I mention JDatE is one of my favorite books I'm always met with a confused/shocked "Really?"

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    ok i watched grave encounters and oh gooosh the best scary movies are the ones that can make me feel just DEPRESSED in the end

what i dont get is
    someone mentioned a 'twist' and i didnt see it at all.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    does megan is missing involve, like, child abuse of some kind

is that why you guys are reacting so badly

I'd rather not see for myself

• Options
    edited May 2012
    basically

Seriously on
  • Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    So I saw a trailer for a movie the other day. Looks like maybe a combination of The hills have eyes and paranormal activity. Some 20 somethings go for a Extreme Tour. This is a tour of the town of Pripyat that was evacuated after the Chernobyl disaster.

I think that is a pretty cool setting actually especially if you have seen the photo series on artificial owl I mean it cant not be creepy.

Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    So I saw a trailer for a movie the other day. Looks like maybe a combination of The hills have eyes and paranormal activity. Some 20 somethings go for a Extreme Tour. This is a tour of the town of Pripyat that was evacuated after the Chernobyl disaster.

I think that is a pretty cool setting actually especially if you have seen the photo series on artificial owl I mean it cant not be creepy.

And it has Olivia from 5 Second Films. So if I ever watch that movie, that fact is just going to be sticking at the back of my mind.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    a friend of mine said that one was pretty bad

I dunno, though

• Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    does megan is missing involve, like, child abuse of some kind

is that why you guys are reacting so badly

I'd rather not see for myself

Yeah. From what I can gather, some young girls meet someone online (god, are chatrooms even still a thing?) who abducts them and does the most horrible things you can imagine to them.

Honestly, I strongly recommend you not look into it. I grew up on Morbid Fact Dujour, Ogrish, Rotten.com and the like. My tastes are pretty morbid and I love "realistic" horror, but honest to god, those stills are some of the worst things I have ever seen. Maybe because it's a child, maybe it's the sheer level of brutality, I don't know, but even knowing that those were fake, they shook me up. Megan is Missing and A Serbian Film remain the two movies I refuse to watch.

Anyway, moving right along, how about a story? I love this one.
    Coffins used to be built with holes in them, attached to six feet of copper tubing and a bell. The tubing would allow air for victims buried under the mistaken impression they were dead. In a certain small town Harold, the local gravedigger, upon hearing a bell one night, went to go see if it was children pretending to be spirits. Sometimes it was also the wind. This time, it wasn't either. A voice from below begged and pleaded to be unburied.

"Are you Sarah O'Bannon?" Harold asked.

"Yes!" The muffled voice asserted.

"You were born on September 17, 1827?"

"Yes!"

"The gravestone here says you died on February 20, 1857."

"No, I'm alive, it was a mistake! Dig me up, set me free!"

"Sorry about this, ma'am," Harold said, stepping on the bell to silence it and plugging up the copper tube with dirt. "But this is August. Whatever you are down there, you sure as hell ain't alive no more, and you ain't comin' up."

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Okay, I like that story a lot

That is awesome

• Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    aww dammit. That story has struck a nerve for some reason.

That'll be double helpings of fucked up dreams on order then.

t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    I've seen megan is missing and it's actually a pretty scary movie!

it starts off pretty slow, but picks up toward the end, and it's a lot less dumb about its scares than I was expecting it to be by then

plus it's apparently all based on real cases, not that that helps anybody

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    have ya'll seen the picture from the ER of the guy who got his face eaten off

it's just a big mass of red with one single eyeball staring out and it's super fucking distressing

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Victim graduated from my high school apparently.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    ok i watched grave encounters and oh gooosh the best scary movies are the ones that can make me feel just DEPRESSED in the end

what i dont get is

I guess less of a twist and more of a "oh, didn't see that coming" regarding the Asylum and such.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Fandyien wrote: »
    have ya'll seen the picture from the ER of the guy who got his face eaten off

it's just a big mass of red with one single eyeball staring out and it's super fucking distressing

yeah, I saw it

it was so bad that I didn't even react very strongly to it. I just couldn't believe it was real.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular

what i dont get is

I guess less of a twist and more of a "oh, didn't see that coming" regarding the Asylum and such.

Yeah, I actually felt the ending was kinda weak and predictable.

I was hoping they'd explain a little about how the footage was recovered and what was found at the site afterwards. That'd leave some lasting creepiness.

• Options
    Another favorite of mine.
    During the summer of 1983, in a quiet town near Minneapolis, Minnesota, the charred body of a woman was found inside the kitchen stove of a small farmhouse. A video camera was also found in the kitchen, standing on a tripod and pointing at the oven. No tape was found inside the camera at the time.
    Although the scene was originally labeled as a homicide by police, an unmarked VHS tape was later discovered at the bottom of the farm's well (which had apparently dried up earlier that year).

Despite its worn condition, and the fact that it contained no audio, police were still able to view the contents of the tape. It depicted a woman recording herself in front of a video camera (seemingly using the same camera the police found in the kitchen). After positioning the camera to include both her and her kitchen stove in the image, the tape then showed her turning on the oven, opening the door, crawling inside, and then closing the door behind her. Eight minutes into the video, the oven could be seen shaking violently, after which point thick black smoke could be seen emanating from it. For the remaining 45 minutes of video, until the batteries in the camera died, it remained in its stationary position.

To avoid disturbing the local community, police never released any information about the tape, or even the fact that it was found. Police were also not able to determine who put the tape in the well, or why the height and stature of the woman in the video didn't come close to matching the body they'd found in the oven.

• Options
    that's okay

I'm not sure what the purpose of that last clause is

• Options
    yeah, I didn't like that one as much as the last one
    did the oven eat her?

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I guess
    either there's some kind of putting-yourself-in-an-oven sect, or the second woman was baked or baked herself on some other occasion, or some other spoooooky explanation

to me, this is one of those stories where the "twist" doesn't add anything

Arang on
    thenews.jpg
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    the oven was actually a poorly calibrated de-bigulator

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    did the oven eat her?

Dunno! That's why I like it, though. I have no idea what happened, and it's strange and disturbing.

Ok, let me see what else is can scare up (I am so sorry). I'll post two, because I'm sure you must have heard the first one. It's REALLY old.
    A few months ago a friend of mine, who is an up-and-coming nature photographer, decided to spend a day and night alone in the woods outside of our town. She wanted to get photos of the woods and wildlife as naturally as she could for her portfolio. She wasn’t afraid of being alone, as she had camped by herself many times before. She set up a tent in the middle of a small clearing and spent the day taking pictures. She filled up four rolls of film on that trip, but something was strange about them. What she saw in those pictures has stayed with her ever since, and she is still trying to recover from the trauma they have caused her.

Almost every picture was accounted for, save for one picture in each roll of film. These pictures were of her, asleep in her tent in the middle of the night.
    In Berlin, after World War II, money was short, supplies were tight, and it seemed like everyone was hungry. At that time, people were telling the tale of a young woman who saw a blind man picking his way through a crowd. The two started to talk. The man asked her for a favor: could she deliver the letter to the address on the envelope? Well, it was on her way home, so she agreed.

She started out to deliver the message, when she turned around to see if there was anything else the blind man needed. But she spotted him hurrying through the crowd without his smoked glasses or white cane. She was, naturally, suspicious, so she went to the police.

When the police paid a visit to the address on the envelope, they made a gruesome discovery, three butchers had been harvesting human flesh and selling it to the starving people.

And what was in the envelope the man gave to the woman? A note, saying simply "This is the last one I am sending you today."

• Options
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    the oven was actually a poorly calibrated de-bigulator

Only logical explanation. Probably had the switch stuck between mini and wumbo.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    When it comes to movies I've always either liked Horror movies where they don't show you much till the end and let you fill in the horrors that happen or the traditional slasher flick. Grave Encounters was a pretty good recommendation there guys liked it alot. Figure I"d throw out my recommendation thats also on Netflix. More of a slasher but its a fun one.

Hatchet - Kinda a homage to the 80's slasher flick. Stars and guest stars Kane Hodder (Friday the 13th), Robert Englund (Nightmare on Elm Street), Tony Todd (Candyman). Sequel also has the guy who played Leather Face so it covers all the stars of the 80's. Apparently alot of the reaction shots to the monster of the film were legit as Kane Hodder refuses to interact with the cast so he wont feel bad when he scares the living shit of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C33S_cqiJ8

I almost gave that Megan is Missing film a shot but the low rating on Netflix and your guy's aversion to it makes me hesitant to even try. Might give Session 9 a try though. Description seems a bit like Grave Encounters so it might be worth a shot.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Session 9 is FUCKING AMAZING. Seriously. It's a lot more deliberately paced and tense than Grave Encounters, and muuuuuuuch more subtle.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Nerindil wrote: »
    did the oven eat her?

Dunno! That's why I like it, though. I have no idea what happened, and it's strange and disturbing.

Ok, let me see what else is can scare up (I am so sorry). I'll post two, because I'm sure you must have heard the first one. It's REALLY old.
    A few months ago a friend of mine, who is an up-and-coming nature photographer, decided to spend a day and night alone in the woods outside of our town. She wanted to get photos of the woods and wildlife as naturally as she could for her portfolio. She wasn’t afraid of being alone, as she had camped by herself many times before. She set up a tent in the middle of a small clearing and spent the day taking pictures. She filled up four rolls of film on that trip, but something was strange about them. What she saw in those pictures has stayed with her ever since, and she is still trying to recover from the trauma they have caused her.

Almost every picture was accounted for, save for one picture in each roll of film. These pictures were of her, asleep in her tent in the middle of the night.

This one is pretty much perfect IMO.

So many stories would start with that and then ramble for 50 damn pages about nothing of interest, but that stops at the right point.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Why did I read that story as I'm in bed right now goddammit

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    so these people made a full length slenderman movie and put it on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5apy27bksGo

(its not good)

also!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krUKQSqM3QA

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    god so i'm watching more ghost adventures, it's the usual bullshit

then all of the sudden this one episode is just like a touching story about a guy whose 17 year old daughter died and 10 minutes in they haven't mentioned ghosts or shown the douchebag on screen once

this show has gone fucking insane

[edit] the best/worst part, though, is that the guy whose daughter died is a friend of the show who builds ghost stuff, and it was his idea to bring the ghost adventures guys in to try to interact with the ghost of his dead daughter

the lack of coping and just severe psychological problems on display this episode are so depressing/hilarious i can' thandle it

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.