As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shin Megami Tensei IV [3DS] First Trailer! Messians! 3D! Ponytails!

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    the weirdest bit of p4 was the broken up series of cutscenes which probably made up about 30 minutes of playtime where it was just one long "chie and yukiko do not know how to cook" joke

see this is what I was talking about

so much cutscene

so little plot or humor

Um there's plenty of plot and humor so...

• Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I like persona 3. It has monsters like this!
    717px-MaraSMT.jpg

SenorTacos on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Watching the Giant Bomb endurance run it's like

holy shit this game is actually super poorly paced how did I play through it twice back to back

Then I'm like naw still getting the Golden fucking level 3 personas for your allies
    Hullis wrote: »
    Still haven't played birth by sleep

what the fuck is wrong with you

the psp bounces off me like teflon

every time I try to play a game on it I black out and wake up in a dumpster

I think I have this disease. It's taken me like, 3 years to beat 2/3 of the stories for BBS, have yet to play Crisis Core, Trails in the Sky or finish P3P. Only game I've managed to put serious time into is Tactics Ogre (like 200 hours goddamn I have a problem).

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    wait, bb, are you being sarcastic

or do you think they're being sarcastic

oh god I'm so confused
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjMYQyhjiYA

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    Pacing is certainly a valid issue with Persona 3 and 4.

But they're both still fantastic games despite having flaws.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Nocturne was a good game (insanely overrated but still good) but I'd be a lot more interested in this if it weren't on the 3DS. If I'm going to sit down and get into something like an SMT game, it really needs to be on a big screen.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    the weirdest bit of p4 was the broken up series of cutscenes which probably made up about 30 minutes of playtime where it was just one long "chie and yukiko do not know how to cook" joke

so much cutscene

so little plot or humor

Plot in the camping bit?

• Options
    P4 has great plot and good character humor. Good characters just in general. But it is definitely padded out in the cutscene department. Quite a few of those scenes are just reiterating things in text that you have already clearly been shown, sometimes also in text form.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    No one loves the 3ds

Not a single person on this godless rock

Me.

I love it.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    SenorTacos wrote: »
    I like persona 3. It has monsters like this!
    717px-MaraSMT.jpg

Wow.

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    That monster is also in P4.

This is why Persona is great.

• Options
    Sexy. I mean, horrifying. Shit, what did I say first?

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    If it ain't persona I don't give a fuck

Good news!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TmLdFBuf8Y

You really sure you want that more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kij04cISU4I

• Options
    alright

that's just perfect

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
  • Options
    birth by sleep was good but 365/2 was waaaay more fun

though i loved the part in bbs when
    somebody axel and saix come out of nowhere exclusively to say 'got it memorized!!' the cutscene even pretends that you get to fight kid-axel but NOPE it skips right to him falling on his ass. but its shota axel so of course i loved it anyway

honestly though in the end if i had to choose between 365/2 and chain of memories id choose the less clusterfucky 365/2

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    That man has done this world a great service this day.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    can't get over how well stayin' alive works with that intro

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    I can not fucking wait til persona 4 golden.

Also this may be cool.

I would like for another actually good game on the 3ds. It has. Been a while.

Also I don't think I like the machine much, especially compared to the vita.
    Is the vita pretty good? I played one at the store and it looked neat but having a touchscreen and a back touchpad seemed a bit much. And of course those are the games that they are going to demo more since they are casual.

I am pretty over touch screens but if its mainly optional I might be interested in one. never owned a PSP though.

• Options
    even if the vita were digital ambrosia crafted from the heavens itself its 250 new (and 200 used) u_u the only handheld id drop that kind of money on is a 3/ds/i and thats because its got like a trillion games for fairly cheap

• Options
    The Vita is basically just an extremely pretty display. All the extra stuff is just fluff, which is fine, but it's fluff that doesn't have nintendo to create games which validate it. So just ignore the touchscreens for the most part. Get a vita because you want a handheld with a gorgeous screen and a legitimate control scheme.

Or not, because in the US at least the handheld console devs need to realize 40 dollar pricetag mobile games are on the way out or risk losing the market entirely.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Japan gets away with charging $50-60 for them(equivalent).

How, I can only wonder.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    the price point on gba and ds games has always been a pretty big draw to me. $40 is getting up there

• Options

so much cutscene

so little plot or humor

Plot in the camping bit?

Does every bit have to move the main plot forward?

It's humor and character interaction. It's fun. Part of what makes P4 good is the enjoyable characters and part of what makes them enjoyable is seeing them chill out and just interact with each other once in a while. It made me appreciate the group as a gang of actual friends, which made me more attached to them in the plot.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »
    I can not fucking wait til persona 4 golden.

Also this may be cool.

I would like for another actually good game on the 3ds. It has. Been a while.

Also I don't think I like the machine much, especially compared to the vita.
    Is the vita pretty good? I played one at the store and it looked neat but having a touchscreen and a back touchpad seemed a bit much. And of course those are the games that they are going to demo more since they are casual.

I am pretty over touch screens but if its mainly optional I might be interested in one. never owned a PSP though.

The Vita is pretty great. The back touchscreen isn't used much, honestly. At least in what I've played.

There's a pretty solid amount of good games, contrary to what some people would have you believe. The problem is that it doesn't really have a "great" game yet.

Actually the fact that you didn't have a PSP makes the Vita a better purchase because most of the best PSP games can be played on it digitally and with improvements.

The price is an issue, though. It wouldn't be so bad if buying a memory card wasn't pretty much mandatory. I'd say it's worth getting one, but not until a price drop.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    have any of you guys played Imagine?

it's pretty fun!

I played it for a while!

All shooting rifles at jerk demons and sending a snow man to throw stuff at them

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    it's Asian Free MMO-y as heck, but it's also got a whole lot of style, and the demons add a lot to the game

you can combine them to make new demons and you can combine for specific traits and stuff

and there's a whole pokemon aspect to it

• Options
    I played it nonstop for three months straight.

I have never played another MMO before it, and until WoD, probably not after.

It did have great music and world design, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf2uXxZoMqM

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SMT IV Screens from the Soul Hackers OP, leaked early!

97jEP.jpg

za1uO.jpg

Vnb3T.jpg

IBxrx.jpg

9ba4r.jpg

BW6F3.jpg

8Mpo0.jpg

GyR7e.jpg

TPf6b.jpg

UAPba.jpg

K0MeU.jpg

rNWct.jpg

I1z7W.jpg

UGp95.jpg

GWMBT.jpg

eLTAX.jpg

6QfU0.jpg

WGeNg.jpg

THIS is Nocturne's successor.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    p4 golden is just bizarre

they added motorcycles because?

also more events like ski trips because everyone played persona 4 for the goofy sidetrips, right

uh, YES

Pretty much.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    smtiv is literally basically nocturne 2 in terms of gameplay if you don't get hyped you are a sad sack who doesnt know shit about videogames SBT (sorry but tru)

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    i extrapolated that based off that one 3rd person screenshot but thats all i need get hyped plebs vita is deceased

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    i extrapolated that based off that one 3rd person screenshot but thats all i need get hyped plebs vita is deceased

I wanted a Vita more than a 3DS.

Then this and Soul Hackers were announced.

Sorry, Vita, you have no hope against this. (That said, I'd get a Vita version.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    p4 golden is just bizarre

they added motorcycles because?

also more events like ski trips because everyone played persona 4 for the goofy sidetrips, right

uh, YES

Persona is about hanging out with your bros and dating chicks and attending extracurricular activities.

Occasionally you fight monsters and solve murders.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    I'm interested in this game. Total neophyte.

Watched part of a playtrough of Nocturne and it seems a people is obessed with Loki, Dionisius, Gabriel and Baphomet. Metatron seems to be everyones favorite critter.

This game and Culdcept are the reason I will get a 3DS.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    GROUP DATE CAFE!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Also, of all things, the uniforms look like they're from Imagine. I hope this game is more about camaraderie and less about betrayals like is par for the course, but I guess we'll see.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    no no you got in wrong

camaraderie, then betrayals

also in an interview somewhere atlus said they ramped up the isolation and desolation in this game by some stupid amount so take that for what you will

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg