As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tennis elbow?

billwillbillwill Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I exercised my triceps for the first time yesterday. I don't think I pushed too hard but maybe I did, because now the area right above my elbow on the outside of my arms is pretty sore.

That lines up with tennis elbow, but apparently with that, it mainly hurts if you try to rotate your forearm and do stuff related to my wrist. Now with me. My pain only flares up when I bring my hand up to my shoulder. And it's pretty excruciating.

Any thoughts? Doctor or should I just ice it and rest it for a while?

I hate you and you hate me.
billwill on

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Are you experiencing pain in the muscle or the joint? It sounds like you're referring to the muscle above the elbow, which would be the tricep and is in line with having worked out the muscle, but you obviously know your body better than anyone else.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    billwillbillwill Registered User regular
    Are you experiencing pain in the muscle or the joint? It sounds like you're referring to the muscle above the elbow, which would be the tricep and is in line with having worked out the muscle, but you obviously know your body better than anyone else.

It's feels like it's the tendon connecting my tricep to my elbow. It's definitely not my tricep (though that's slightly sore too, but in a different way).

I hate you and you hate me.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'd say RICE for a few days, and if it continues go to a doctor.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    If it is indeed tennis elbow there's not much you can do other than avoiding using the joint in a manner that re-injures or prevents recovery.

I'd just take it really easy on that joint for a week or two, and if symptoms persist after that you may want to get a medical consult to refer you to physical therapy.