As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Injustice: Gods Among Us] Martian Manhunter announced!

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    The DLC choices pretty much killed my interest in the game.

All discussion of how well-made each of them are, I just find every single character choice to be completely uninteresting.

The total shitting on of the Wii U version killed my interest in the game. I wish they hadn't already gotten my money for it.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    So none of the other 24 characters are good enough to warrant playing?

I've had the game since launch. My interest is simply fading. Not saying that to disparage the game, I rarely stick with one game longer than that. All I'm saying is that a more interesting lineup of new characters would have done a lot to refresh my interest.

• Options
    TheInspectorTheInspector Registered User regular
    So none of the other 24 characters are good enough to warrant playing?

I've had the game since launch. My interest is simply fading. Not saying that to disparage the game, I rarely stick with one game longer than that. All I'm saying is that a more interesting lineup of new characters would have done a lot to refresh my interest.
    So would it be accurate to say that the dlc hasn't killed your interest, more failed to rekindle it?

That's the problem I guess, one person's interesting is another's dull. I've found 50% of the dlc interesting. If Zod and Batgirl had been replaced with, say, Martian Manhunter and Doctor Fate, I wouldn't be interested in them.

xbox360/WiiU: AnEvilHypnotist
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Full list of skins for next week is out...

Zod looks really fun. Blackest night pack 2 w/batman preorder - meh. New 52 pack - finally. Man of Steel Superman - meh. Earth 2 grundy - great but he's the bonus skin, which kills my hopes for an Earth 2 pack with flash, GL, or hawkgirl.

Mild scorpion nerfs, maybe everyone will shut up now... Nah.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    I believe that the actual compatibility pack skin hasn't been confirmed yet.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    I believe that the actual compatibility pack skin hasn't been confirmed yet.

That was apparently a mistaken TYM post I was looking at, it looks like we are actually getting a full earth 2 pack with Hawkgirl and Wally West flash and classic ares free, which makes me very happy with this week.

• Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    DLed Zod, who is the awesome. Wasn't sure what the extra skin was, now I'll go check out Ares...I guess, but who cares about him anyways? lol

Otherwise what happened to the Flaming C?!?

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Looks like all the Injustice DLC is FINALLY on the Wii U.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=611791
    Free Skins
    Flashpoint Batman
    Luchador Bane
    Containment Suit Doomsday
    Classic Ares

Characters ($4.99 each)
    Lobo
    Batgirl
    Scorpion
    Zod

Skin Packs ($2.99 each)
    Bad Girls (Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Harley)
    Teen Titans (Raven, Cyborg, Deathstroke)
    Flashpoint (Aquaman, Deathstroke, Wonder Woman)
    Killing Joke (Joker, Joker, Joker)
    Red Son #1 (Superman, Grundy, Wonder Woman)
    Red Son #2 (Batman, Green Lantern, Deathstroke)
    Blackest Night #1 (Superman, Flash, Doomsday)
    Blackest Night #2 (Batman, Hawkgirl, Aquaman)
    Arkham City (Batman, Catwoman, Joker)
    New 52 (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman)
    Earth-2 (Flash, Hawkgirl, Grundy)

Single Skins ($0.99)
    Man of Steel Superman

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    dabichodabicho Registered User regular
    Yeah, saw there was an update last night.
    Those are more or less the prices. How do they compare to the prices on Xbox and ps3?

wii code: 7010-3939-4467-0035
    Xbox 360: LovedWheel60
    3ds: 3609-1043-0230
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    exact same prices, and wii-u gets first dibs on the ame-comi skins. i really hope they announce a second season pass soon, otherwise i doubt we will get anything. they can't tease martian manhunter and not deliver...

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Boon has already confirmed there will be at least one more character.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    He's also been teasing that we'll learn something at Evo.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    edboontweets_zpsba7a4728.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    IndoorsmanIndoorsman Registered User regular
    Hmm. Fourth. Fourth World maybe?

Darkseid is my guess, but less used Fourth World characters would be cool too, like Orion or Big Barda.

But I'm probably way off.

• Options
    my guess... july fourth... fireworks... firestorm DLC confirmed!

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    So I caved and purchased the DLC characters for Wii U. Scorpion is fun but for whatever reason doesn't really feel like Scorpion to me. I can't quite put my finger on it. I don't like what they did to his spear move, but I suppose there wasn't much to be done when there are no "dazed" animations for the fighters.

Lobo, on the other hand, is a lot of fun and I have a blast playing as him. Though I get tired of him saying "there's a reason they call me the main man." I don't care for his voice actor and I don't care for that line.

Haven't tried Bat Girl or Zod yet.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Indoorsman wrote: »
    Hmm. Fourth. Fourth World maybe?

Darkseid is my guess, but less used Fourth World characters would be cool too, like Orion or Big Barda.

But I'm probably way off.

Darkseid would be cool, as the only MK vs DC character not to make it into injustice. He hasn't been in Ed Boone's polls though, which either means he's a sure thing or not considered at all.

Martian Manhunter is obvious, I'm interested to see who else they'd put in. I know Zatanna always gets a lot of votes, as does Jason Todd Red Hood.

• Options
    edboontweets1_zps6eaa822d.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    That's quite a prenouncement.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Wasn't there supposed to be a new character announced today at EVO? Did I miss it? I can't find anything online.

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Wasn't there supposed to be a new character announced today at EVO? Did I miss it? I can't find anything online.

There's supposed to be a special Injustice presentation before the finals tomorrow so I imagine that's when it will happen

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    RT @ JOSEPUR: @noobde tomorrow is the great day? EB: Yup! Tomorrow be PLASTIC DAY!!

Man just loves to troll his fans.

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    Plastic Man would be a fun addition to the game. I'd actually like to see what they do with his character design.

• Options
    RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    I love Plastic Man. But tomorrow's reveal is most likely Martian Manhunter.

blondeshep.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Razia on
    blondeshep.jpg
  • Options
    CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    Did anyone ever get a code for the Green Arrow tv show skin from the email that was sent from WB about signing up for their newsletter?

3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
  • Options
    Looks fun, I like that super move.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    wow and a john stewart GL skin. badass.

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2013
    CSStheGr8 wrote: »
    Did anyone ever get a code for the Green Arrow tv show skin from the email that was sent from WB about signing up for their newsletter?

I've got 1 for both consoles (PS3/360, WiiU doesn't count). Was going to use them as giveaways for my channel, but can't think up a good contest for the life of me.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    Razia wrote: »

Nice to hear Phil LaMarr and Carl Lumbly.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    NAND NORNAND NOR Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    That looks like LeVar Burton as a Green Lantern.

NAND NOR on
    moebius.jpg
  • Options
    NAND NOR wrote: »
    That looks like LeVar Burton as a Green Lantern.

I'm ok with that. That skin is badass.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Sweet, maybe they can redeem themselves after that Scorpion nonsense. Do we know for sure who came out on top of the character poll awhile back?

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Give me Power Girl, Constantine/Zatana, and Swamp Thing.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    I think Power Girl is a given. However, I'm still concerned that they're going to go through with that leaked roster we saw a while back that included Sub Zero.

Given that the first leaked DLC roster was 100% accurate, I'm inclined to believe the second.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Just the suggestion of more MK characters makes me feel sick.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Ed Boon says there won't be anymore guest characters. So I think the second leaked roster was fake.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Or else they are back-peddling after the massive backlash they received over Scorpion.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Considering Boon was laughing at all the rage concerning Scorpion on twitter when he was revealed, I doubt it.

And considering Boon denied that Subbie was in, multiple times, I'm inclined to believe him.

Razia on
    blondeshep.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    the only thing out of Boon I can believe entirely is that there will in fact be more DLC

everything else its impossible to tell if he's trolling

This discussion has been closed.