As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rage of Bahamut] Manor of (Dis)illusions F2P CCG. Dragons. Cards. Boobies.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Having an S-Rare in my cardlist is really throwing off any natural progression of learning to deckbuild I might ever have had, heh. Haven't had much success trading it for a DG and I'm gunshy about trading it for eleventy hundred HP and buying HRs.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'd definitely hang on to it till you can trade it. You're probably going to have to advertise on some of the trading forums to trade such a high value card.

Still, I am insanely jealous of you, and you should feel good about that. I want an S Rare so bad.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Oh man, I WANT that Gods high rare.

• Options
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Yeah. The gods high rare for the event looks cool as heck.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    So DEF PWR is consumed when you're attacked? That doesn't seem fair. How would one go about building a strong Def deck so that people don't keep stealing mah rupies? Find the Demon realm cards that have high Def and Enhance them and make a deck with them, raising it's priority?

I have 50 DEF PWR; should I make a 50 def deck or a 25 def deck? This is the part I don't get, how enhanced does a 25 def deck need to be to block a 50 def deck? What if someone who's got a 60 def deck attacks me for piddly honor but still takes my gold and treasures?

• Options
    I'm in the middle of editing a defensive deck and it says "game down for emergency maintenence." Yet I can access every other part of the game o.O

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    So DEF PWR is consumed when you're attacked? That doesn't seem fair. How would one go about building a strong Def deck so that people don't keep stealing mah rupies? Find the Demon realm cards that have high Def and Enhance them and make a deck with them, raising it's priority?

I have 50 DEF PWR; should I make a 50 def deck or a 25 def deck? This is the part I don't get, how enhanced does a 25 def deck need to be to block a 50 def deck? What if someone who's got a 60 def deck attacks me for piddly honor but still takes my gold and treasures?

You need at least Def power equal to the card power that you are putting in. Else you can't put higher def cards in because you don't have enough def. I run with 101 def currently but I'll eventually need to push that up if I want to include cards with a power requirement of 30+

And as to a def build, well, you want cards with the most Def power you can get. But if you only have 50 def power you may not be able to put in all of your high def cards due to power requirement. If you have five cards with 8k def and each card is 16, the total power requirement would be 80. Since you only have 50 in your def stat, you could only fit three cards in (3*16 = 48) with 2 def left over for a 2 power cost card.

So two things.
    First, you need to figure out how much to put in your def power to cover cards. If you are under 40, then 60-70 should be fine (13 power cost card * 5 = 65). If you are 40-50 you probably want 100. After 50, I dunno. I hear people running 200+ since it seems people will avoid you then since they assume you have really high cards for defense.

Second, you need to decide what defense cards you want. First you want obviously high def cards that you have access to. Second is you need to decide on what skills you may want. Since attacker skills go off first, you may want skills that lower opponents Attk. Or you may want nothing but skills that boost your def.

So, yer lev 28 I think. For Normals good def cards would be Clay Golem is good since 6-2 would get you 7291 roughly for def. 6-6 would be somewhat higher. Lizardman would be a secondary choice since 6-2 would get you 5725

For HN, good def cards would be Demon and Skeleton Fighter (7.8k+ and 7.7k aprox).

For Rares, good def cards would be Skeleton Knight and Elder Vampire (12.3k and 11.2k approx)

If you can build up 4 Skeleton Knights with a Knight Luciella, you'd have over 60k base at that point and would stop most normal peeps from successfully raiding you. Yer gonna start getting to the levels where people are running on avg 40k attk power so you should be starting to look at building a def deck for that. Once you hit 50+ yer gonna start needing over 60k to withstand even half the users out there.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »

You need at least Def power equal to the card power that you are putting in. Else you can't put higher def cards in because you don't have enough def. I run with 101 def currently but I'll eventually need to push that up if I want to include cards with a power requirement of 30+

And as to a def build, well, you want cards with the most Def power you can get. But if you only have 50 def power you may not be able to put in all of your high def cards due to power requirement. If you have five cards with 8k def and each card is 16, the total power requirement would be 80. Since you only have 50 in your def stat, you could only fit three cards in (3*16 = 48) with 2 def left over for a 2 power cost card.

So two things.
    First, you need to figure out how much to put in your def power to cover cards. If you are under 40, then 60-70 should be fine (13 power cost card * 5 = 65). If you are 40-50 you probably want 100. After 50, I dunno. I hear people running 200+ since it seems people will avoid you then since they assume you have really high cards for defense.

Second, you need to decide what defense cards you want. First you want obviously high def cards that you have access to. Second is you need to decide on what skills you may want. Since attacker skills go off first, you may want skills that lower opponents Attk. Or you may want nothing but skills that boost your def.

So, yer lev 28 I think. For Normals good def cards would be Clay Golem is good since 6-2 would get you 7291 roughly for def. 6-6 would be somewhat higher. Lizardman would be a secondary choice since 6-2 would get you 5725

For HN, good def cards would be Demon and Skeleton Fighter (7.8k+ and 7.7k aprox).

For Rares, good def cards would be Skeleton Knight and Elder Vampire (12.3k and 11.2k approx)

If you can build up 4 Skeleton Knights with a Knight Luciella, you'd have over 60k base at that point and would stop most normal peeps from successfully raiding you. Yer gonna start getting to the levels where people are running on avg 40k attk power so you should be starting to look at building a def deck for that. Once you hit 50+ yer gonna start needing over 60k to withstand even half the users out there.

this. I dinged 50 and went from not getting attacked often and winning 75% of the time to getting hit like 3 times a day (all different people) and winning 10% of the time :(

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options

So two things.

this. I dinged 50 and went from not getting attacked often and winning 75% of the time to getting hit like 3 times a day (all different people) and winning 10% of the time :(

It's even worse on my end. I only have 38k base def so I get broke constantly and since I'm 83 all the people I can normally attack are 80+ and they have def pts all above 60k. my poor attck deck is barely knocking on 50k attk at this point. But not much I can do when people have obscene amounts of HP and trade for fully maxed cards for their decks (like SSR cards).

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Thank you very much for the info, Jakarrd; while you were writing that I went through and built a defense deck with just under 10k defense but comprised of 5 demon cards with a Melusine and Luciella in the first two slots. That's 300 less defense than my "recommended deck" but should amount to a ton more after bonuses.

• Options
    Zorak15Zorak15 Registered User regular
    Woo, pulled a Garmr (rare) out of my 5 friendship pack cards this morning. Oh, and event too! Good times.

steam_sig.png
    Registered member since '04, Lurking since '99!
  • Options
    I also don't understand why when I win a battle I steal 2k rupies but every time I lose I lose 7k rupies. WTF?

• Options
    You win a percentage of total rupies. All competitive players put all of their rupies in a trade when they're taking a break, cancel the trade, and wait to claim the rupies till they need them. That keeps people from taking them. People are getting 7k from attacking you because you have a ton of rupies sitting around. You get 2k from people because they have less sitting around.

If I find someone who I can get 7-10k (the max) off of in an attack, I'll usually attack them several times.

• Options
    Ahh, I thought it might be based on level difference or atk/def pwr difference or something. I'm going to stick 100k in a canceled trade, then. How long can a canceled trade sit there?

Stuff should be in OP!

• Options
    This raises the utility, I suppose, of trading rupies for HP if you can, since people can't battle for your HPs.

• Options
    Can people take your last treasure, or your last event treasure? I only have one of each blue/purple harps, are those safe?

• Options
    Ahh, I thought it might be based on level difference or atk/def pwr difference or something. I'm going to stick 100k in a canceled trade, then. How long can a canceled trade sit there?

Stuff should be in OP!

Nope, its based on what each person has on them at the time of attack. I do not know the percentage that is taken though. I know I usually run under 60k rupies on my account and I'll see anywhere from 700 to 3k rupies taken. Considering I already have enough to cover upgrades I don't transfer much around in trades.

Ideally I would say if you want to minimize your rupies, ALWAYS enhance evolve to use those rupies up and then send whatever is left in trades to keep them out of harms way. Time frame wise on a trade i don't know. I hear 48 hours but I've heard stories of people having trades waiting for longer than 5 days. Cancelled trades I've seen last longer than 24 hours.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Can people take your last treasure, or your last event treasure? I only have one of each blue/purple harps, are those safe?

People have to choose a treasure to take. If you only have one treasure, an attacker shouldn't see a treasure tile to chose, just a colored empty tile. If you have more than 1, then they can target that treasure but I don't think you can lose all treasures, just down to 1 of each. I think they implemented that after the April event since at that time you COULD lose all treasures and be sitting with zero.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    in my pre-50 days I could simply spend all my rupees and know that I could get about 20k to 50k just by attacking pretty much anyone I wanted because I had a relatively legit attack deck for those levels.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Holy crap, I managed 1889 honor points and I was ranked 2997 yesterday!? I just barely broke 5000 yesterday and I think that was my record. 0.0

Also, I have a fellow slot open: PolarRelic

Zorak15 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    This event's been nice for finishing the archive sets for random cards I had from friendship packs that I haven't reached yet through normal questing.

Seems like finishing this event will really jack up your levels, which can be bad if you're trying to stay competitive for your level range with a current deck. On the other hand, so many cheap CW/HP from killing bosses.

In general, I think this game has some kind of weird/bad design with the level system in that the higher level you are, the more you get punished. I've also heard you get less points during Holy Wars the higher level you are (probably to try to balance you having more stats, which again, goes to the, then why bother leveling then?)

The third stage OMG special rewards seems kind lackluster unless you get that S Rare card unless you have a ton of stamina.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    So how does one get a high ranking in this event? AFAIK there's 3 sets of treasures and 100 levels, and having each set completed when you clear the 100th level gets you a bonus. What else is there?

• Options
    Alright: Evolving before enhancing.

Someone made the argument for evolving before enhancing earlier, because the cost in rupies to level is lower if you evolve first.

However, I'm pretty sure that a Darkewolfe+ card doesn't give as much experience to the card it's enhancing as two Darkewolfe cards. So, I still think that evolving first is less efficient in terms of feeder cards required. Can someone dispute?

• Options
    NVM; there are infinite levels, just the story ends after level 100. And there's actually six sets of treasures, not 3.

• Options

People have to choose a treasure to take. If you only have one treasure, an attacker shouldn't see a treasure tile to chose, just a colored empty tile. If you have more than 1, then they can target that treasure but I don't think you can lose all treasures, just down to 1 of each. I think they implemented that after the April event since at that time you COULD lose all treasures and be sitting with zero.

Well, I see that I was wrong. They are still doing it as we saw in the Easter event. You can actually lose a treasure even if its the only one. I haven't gotten more than the first two spots so it looks like they are also doing the 2 treasures per realm bit which means you'll need a gift to get the other four or battle man and gods to get the other four unless latter quest levels allow for other treasures.

Great, if I have to battle for treasure I'm never gonna get things filled out.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Alright: Evolving before enhancing.

Someone made the argument for evolving before enhancing earlier, because the cost in rupies to level is lower if you evolve first.

However, I'm pretty sure that a Darkewolfe+ card doesn't give as much experience to the card it's enhancing as two Darkewolfe cards. So, I still think that evolving first is less efficient in terms of feeder cards required. Can someone dispute?

I'm not sure about + cards, it's always been about max evolution. According to Wiki:
    Experience gained from a 4-card fourth-tier evolution is slightly greater to the experience gained from 4 individual first-tier evolutions. For example;

Demons Knight Luciella (Rare) Lvl:4 (plus 48%)
    enhanced with
    4-card evolved Gods [Arbor Centurion] Dryad (High Normal) Lvl:1
    Knight Luciella receives 198% experience

Demons Knight Luciella (Rare) Lvl:4 (plus 48%)
    enhanced with
    4 individual Gods Dryad (Normal) Lvl:1
    Knight Luciella receives 188% experience

Aside from that tiny exp boost, you also need fewer enhancing actions since using 9 ff cards is equivalent to ~36 base cards. So if it would take you 4x9 ff cards to max some card, you'd probably pay like 4000+8000+12000+16000 rupies for the 4 enhancement actions + 575*3*9*4 for the evolves at about 100k total. Whereas if you were doing base cards you'd be paying something like 4000+5000+6000+7000+8000+9000+10000+11000+12000+13000+14000+15000+16000+17000+18000+19000 rupies for 184k rupies.

The numbers aren't exact of course but if anything, I think I'm underestimating the enhancement costs which makes the difference even greater.

Dracil on
  • Options
    Is there any point to the def decks named Anti-God, Anti-Man, etc? If those are higher priority than the Recommended Def deck will the proper deck be used if your attacker is God Realm, Man Realm, etc?

You can choose which deck to attack with but I can't see how having different Def decks makes any difference.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I don't think they actually matter, and you can actually rename it. It's just based on priority I think.

i.e. set it so
    Deck 1, your best set for max def
    Deck 2, your best set for a lower def
    Deck 3, your best set for an even lower def

Just make sure the Recommended Deck is above any unready decks or it'll use though decks first if your def drops low enough, which you don't want.

Dracil on
  • Options
    Okay, I have a God event rare and a Demon event rare. Trade me for you Man event rares! Send a trade to PolarRelic, por favor!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If rare cards are worth 2-3 HP, what would a 4-0 fully enhanced rare (now HR) be worth? Obviously there's some money that went into that but it doesn't seem like it'd be worth much at 86% efficiency. (I didn't do this, someone else did).

If I'm looking to enhance and evolve up a rare, what efficiency should I shoot for? You can get a little over 96% from 4-3, over 97% from 5-3 and over 98% from 5-5. Obviously I'd like to use as little base cards and feeders as possible.

• Options
    Zorak15 wrote: »
    Okay, I have a God event rare and a Demon event rare. Trade me for you Man event rares! Send a trade to PolarRelic, por favor!

Sent you a trade good sir

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    So is it safe to assume that the cards from the Tears of the Moon treasure series can only be obtained once? I picked up a Werewolf, but looks like the only way to get more is trading right now?

• Options
    I believe all treasure series rewards can only be gotten once per account, yeah.

• Options
    @Rius Trade inbound, lizard fighter and lizard fighter+, dark elfling and dark elfling+ for 3 cw and 2 hp if you choose to accept.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    @Rius Trade inbound, lizard fighter and lizard fighter+, dark elfling and dark elfling+ for 3 cw and 2 hp if you choose to accept.
    That is a horrible trade

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, I pressed no on that one, Jakarrd =P

In other news, I grabbed a Melusine for 1 HP and a Melusine+ for 1 HP, the latter being a combination of two non-maxed singles. Gonna 4-4 this and put it in the first slot of my def deck.

• Options
    It's no biggie. that's why I said if you wanted to accept.

Almost to level 62 on the tower. Got lucky and actually got my first three treasure sets completed. Haven't seen the + versions pop up yet. Now if only the game would stop feeding me gold dragons. =/

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Anybody got any of these?

Hellhound (2)
    Hobgoblin (2)
    Gigas (4)
    Skeleton Fighter (3)
    Vampire (3)
    Zombie (lots)

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I'll have some when I do the tower again. I'm just full evolving each card once to get to final form for archive reasons and will trade for other same rarity cards I haven't collected yet.

Personally I'm doing 6-6 on everything now. I do it to get max archive bonuses for each stage and it also gives me like 99.4% efficiency.

Dracil on