As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Rage of Bahamut] Manor of (Dis)illusions F2P CCG. Dragons. Cards. Boobies.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    You can probably sideload it.

What is this I don't even.
    So, uh... Anyone got a Hild for trade?

• Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    Started playing and it's better than what I was expecting. At least Stamina regenerates fast enough.

I'm sevbot45 and my referral code is mwy23421.

steam_sig.png
  • ThemadcowThemadcow Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    There was a bug yesterday where every point you spent in stamina fully replenished your health. As it was my first day playing it I just assumed that was how the game worked...

Took me a few hours to get to grips with it but it's very enjoyable / addictive even if you're clueless and have no experience of TCG's like myself. On the downside, I've been unable to get in because of emergency maintenance a few times now - is that normal(ish)?

Themadcow on
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    They typically have an hour every day reserved for routine maintenance, that's at like 05:30 eastern. It looks like any particularly game breaking bug will cause them to tear everything down until they get it sorted.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    I think that stamina bug has caused all the immense downtime. Is this battle ranking thing that they're doing an entirely new system, too, or just an event? It seems sort of likely that they're implementing an entire pvp system that didn't exist, so I'd imagine there's some bugs.

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    yeah I'm pretty sure the new battle rankings thing will be a permanent installation

• Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    So I'm still playing this. If not for the rares I was given the highest card I've found is a high common.

That said, I poured a shit ton of points into defense and evolved some decent defense cards, so I have fun watching people bounce off my defenses. With the rares I got I can generally win on attacks too.

steam_sig.png
  • SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    Yeah I am pumping every point i get into defense now because anytime I get a treasure for a set within 5 minutes I lose it to some dickweed. Gets very fustrating after awhile considering I can only attack and get one one an hour or so.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robbphoenixrobbphoenix Registered User new member
    Enter referral code kis00329 after the tutorial to get 100000 rupies and a free rare card. I will give you the 100000 rupies I receive so you will get a total of 200000 rupies!

- You have only one chance to choose your faction among Human, Gods and Demons. Since the game registers your phone, it makes almost useless to open additional accounts, so choose carefully! Humans often excel at defense, demons at attacking and gods are balanced.

-While each faction has cards with really powerful effects, most of them are not good enough to warrant the bonus that you lose when you use cards not of your faction. In other words and as a rule of thumb (with exceptions that you’ll eventually learn) try to only put cards of your own faction in your deck and aim to get cards with effects that benefit your faction.

-You can evolve cards by combining them and by enhancing. Because whenever you evolve a card only a 5% of its stats are retained, you are best leaving enhancing only for the last (4th) evolution or even better, max-enhance a 3rd evolution and evolve it with another max-enhanced 3rd evolution, then enhance again. That way, you’ll get a 97% of the stats you’d get if you max-enhanced every single step of the evolution ladder using only a third of the required cards.

-Do not forget to enter the referral code at the end of the tutorial; you will NOT have another chance to do it and you’ll have a much worse start than most people. 100k allows you to evolve/enhance at your heart’s content and the rare is one of the few that’s worth to be put in any deck and will be your best card for the first 10-15 levels of the game (unless you get super lucky with friendship packs.)

You can click on my page after the game and message me by pressing the "support" button and I will clear any in-game doubts and help you get started! Thanks and happy gaming!

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Which faction is OP on fanservice?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    All of them.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Zorak15Zorak15 Registered User regular
    A bunch of crap that has already been covered here in a shameless attempt to get referrals.

Welcome to the forums. You lose at them.

steam_sig.png
    Registered member since '04, Lurking since '99!
    edited June 2012
    Zorak, you started this thread specifically to get referrals. :P You don't really have ANY room to complain.

That said, I think this thread would be immensely better off if it wasn't clogged with referral codes by everyone.

This game improved immensely for me when they rolled out this new battle system. Really gives me some extra meta game to care about. Does anyone have any idea what the gem to honor ratio is going to look like? I also notice you can by normal rare packs, or higher super rare packs... All of this intrigues me.

Additionally, I've been trying to manage my trades better. One of the things I absolutely can't figure out is card valuation. Rares are usually worth 2 HP or 3-6 CW is my basic understanding. Unless they're treasure reward rares, in which case they're basically high normal valued, or things like angel queen, which are slightly under the rare valuation. Some rares seem to be worth more, though. I want to try to get together a list of approximate valuations of rares and high rares if I can. Stuff like, (All normal rares)=2 HP, Elder Dragon=3HP, etc.

Darkewolfe on
    edited June 2012
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Zorak, you started this thread specifically to get referrals. :P You don't really have ANY room to complain.

That said, I think this thread would be immensely better off if it wasn't clogged with referral codes by everyone....

And yet, I shall complain! My issue is that the dude created an account on the PA forums 5 minutes before making his 1 and only post just to get a referral bonus. The post is likely a copy of the same post he has either stolen from someone else or spammed elsewhere. He chooses to slap it into my carefully written starter guide & cultivated RoB community in the hopes that he'll get some bites. And then he's gone.

A forum admin actually made me put my referral code in my signature, saying that there is a rule about "referral links" in posts. He didn't bother to respond when I explained that it is not a link, but a "friend code with benefits". Whatever, no biggie. Frankly, I'm not worried about getting more referrals or competition. I really don't appreciate people using this forum to simply spam their code like it's some GameFAQs hell-hole. /rant

Zorak15 on
    steam_sig.png
    Yeah. So. How's the new battle system treating everyone? Zorak, since you're our resident veteran: How are you doing at it? Getting a title seems impossible to me. You have to crack the top 500 for all the ones I've looked at, and I'm coasting in the ~15k range, so... lol.

I'm hoping they change the honor distribution system, too. It heavily weights in favor of players with defensive decks in the middle-range levels that use treasures to trap people. Those guys are consistently beating out the higher level folks with competitive decks, which doesn't seem like the goal.

I am getting fustrated with it to be honest. I am trying to get my key collection finished but everytime I try getting one BAM magic circle so people can get free honor.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've only run into a few magic circles and I've gotten all my treasures.

If your atk is high enough, just attack them again. As far as I know magic circles are 1 time use.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited June 2012
    Sure but by the time my attack regens they either put a new one up or someone else took it. And no one still has a blue key. how the hell am i supposed to get one if no one has them?

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I had to get an Order mate to gift a blue key to me. I could never get it.

Blue keys are super rare for some reason

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    Blue everything is. I had the same damn problem with the next treasure set after keys, too.

I don't suppose anyone has a spare blue key?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Personally I just skipped the keys, it was much easier getting a full set of the medals then even one of those stupid blue keys. I'm level 42 now with (what I believe is) a reasonable defense (30k) and I still have keys stolen from me.

I'm not too impressed with the battle rankings, Edit: See below for correctionsince titles are only for the top 500p and I'm like 20, 000 I'm not cracking that anytime soon. From what I've read up on battle rankings placing in the top 500 generates gems. Not sure if there are other ways.

I enjoyed the holy war stuff a few weeks back though, wish they would do more things like that to involve the orders more.

My account name is errantronin and I have a free fellow spot.

Bluecyan on
    edited June 2012
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Personally I just skipped the keys, it was much easier getting a full set of the medals then even one of those stupid blue keys. I'm level 42 now with (what I believe is) a reasonable defense (30k) and I still have keys stolen from me.

I'm not too impressed with the battle rankings, since titles are only for the top 500 and I'm like 20, 000 I'm not cracking that anytime soon. From what I've read up on battle rankings placing in the top 500 generates gems. Not sure if there are other ways.

I enjoyed the holy war stuff a few weeks back though, wish they would do more things like that to involve the orders more.

My account name is errantronin and I have a free fellow spot.

Man, if you have to crack 500 to get gems at all, that sucks ass. I don't expect to ever get there. To break the top 200 yesterday you'd have to have gotten 10k honor. The only way to do it currently is to have a defensive deck and a stack of blue keys, then just demolish the hundreds of people trying to zerg your keys.

Darkewolfe on
    edited June 2012
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Yeah. So. How's the new battle system treating everyone? Zorak, since you're our resident veteran: How are you doing at it? Getting a title seems impossible to me. You have to crack the top 500 for all the ones I've looked at, and I'm coasting in the ~15k range, so... lol.

I'm hoping they change the honor distribution system, too. It heavily weights in favor of players with defensive decks in the middle-range levels that use treasures to trap people. Those guys are consistently beating out the higher level folks with competitive decks, which doesn't seem like the goal.

"Yeah. So." = Cool story bro? =P

Yesterday I was sitting at 8335. I am an ATK Leader, a major advantage. I have 198 ATK and after 2 attacks with my "Power" deck (88pts x2) I have 22 points left for the next battle. That said, I do not hold out a ton of hope that the current battle system will ever net me anything worthwhile if they don't make changes.

Also, I slagged through all the collectable things. Keys were really tough. Maps and crystals weren't too easy, but if you can attack twice you can get through some magic circles and get their goods before they can replace them. =)

Zorak15 on
    steam_sig.png
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I've only run into a few magic circles and I've gotten all my treasures.

If your atk is high enough, just attack them again. As far as I know magic circles are 1 time use.

Yes.

steam_sig.png
    edited June 2012
    Well, I'm officially done with this game. The patch today made it impossible to get non-person CW or HP's again. I get why they did it, but before I found out about it I got a "bargain" on the Hilds I'd been looking for. HP and CW have more than doubled in price, so if you have a stockpile you can get S Rares and SS Rares pretty easily. Economy completely reset, basically.

Darkewolfe on
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Sorry to hear you're out Wolfe, this game does seem to make some odd decision. I would like to correct a bit of what I said earlier. According to the game you get gems tiered out for how well you do in a given week (Monday-Sunday). The top 5000 people all get varying amounts and everyone above 5000 gets 10 gems so long as they manage to get atleast 500 points that week. 10 gems doesn't buy a whole lot though...

Also new fellowship spot for anyone interested.

Bluecyan on
    Are phoenixs worth enhancing? I know they can't evolve but I have two and am trying to figure out what to do with them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sonelan wrote: »
    Are phoenixs worth enhancing? I know they can't evolve but I have two and am trying to figure out what to do with them

I can't really see a good use for them other than as fodder for other cards. Their base stats are just too weak. On the plus side at least they're skill fodder.

I tried to add you, Blue, but it looks like you're full. I have a free fellow spot open now: PolarRelic

steam_sig.png
    Pheonix is terrible.

Don't do it

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    so I just managed to trade 2xWP and 2xHW and some money for 3 Knight Luciellas. This is a person I've hit for about 100k money already.

so I just managed to trade 2xWP and 2xHW and some money for 3 Knight Luciellas. This is a person I've hit for about 100k money already.

That's the spirit!

steam_sig.png
    Dang, this is much better than what I had to do to get mine.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    Are all the cards you get from the treasure series bad? All the ones i've gotten so far seem to be pretty terrible rares.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They are not very good aside from the last few.

Crystal, Map, & Scroll are the decent ones.

Tablet and Medal are useable, but not that great.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    I just finished the medal and finally keys one. I had to cheese the key one by using 9 magic circles when i managed to find a blue key off someone. Even then I almost lost it as it used up my last magic circle when I finished the other two keys. I was just underwhelmed by what I got for the effort and items I had to use to get them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The key is the purple dragon-thing, right?

He's p bad

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg