As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Armoured Core: Project [Phalla]ntasma (mini) - End - Village Victory

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Was just trying to point out that in like a best case, we could have a leader tomorrow night or thereabouts.

I get voted out so quickly most of the time, I'm not entirely surprised when I die anymore haha. I just try and be as helpful as I can in my short life.

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Clarification: Does dying to the vote cancel any actions a player is taking that night? I.E. would the #1 arena player dying to the vote prevent their vig from going off?

SaberOverEasy on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    If people wanted to randomize it, we could assign numbers and ask someone not in the group to do an invisiblecastle roll?

Just out of curiosity, is there anything to stop people from doing mutliple invisible castle rolls until they get the number they want?

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Egos wrote: »
    kime rolled the kime dice and it came up kime

Yes, something tells me that this was not exactly a fair roll.

Scx0B.png

*saved*

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Just out of curiosity, is there anything to stop people from doing mutliple invisible castle rolls until they get the number they want?

you can look for multiple rolls done in the same time period in the history or whatever...I believe. But you'd just be suspicious if they changed their username or whatever.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular

Having an account with lots of previous stuff and rolling it would make it somewhat credible.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular

Usually people assign dice rolls to a campaign that can be publicly searched through for extraneous rolls

PSN SeGaTai
    Anyone playing this who has also played any pbp games should probably have an IC account set up. Just throwing out a suggestion, if people want to do things that way.

Cool, I've never used IC or Orokos before. Though I'm sure that will change before long.

Although a pair of those Kime dice could come in handy.

Cool, I've never used IC or Orokos before. Though I'm sure that will change before long.

One to determine vig target and one to determine who to vote for, right? ;)

It worked last game!

And by "worked" I mean "was necessary to kill me" :P

Invincible roles are the best

Steam profile
    The more I think about it, the more I think Void was right in revealing publicly. Because abilities are not inherent, but tied to corporations, there's no danger of losing village specials.

If we all know who has what, then we can have accountability in their use. If not, it allows mafia to hide.

However, this only works if everyone reveals. If that doesn't happen, then mafia can hide by saying "I don't have it."

kime wrote: »

It worked last game!

And by "worked" I mean "was necessary to kill me" :P

Invincible roles are the best

When it comes to monsters ALWAYS double tap :)

The more I think about it, the more I think Void was right in revealing publicly. Because abilities are not inherent, but tied to corporations, there's no danger of losing village specials.

If we all know who has what, then we can have accountability in their use. If not, it allows mafia to hide.

However, this only works if everyone reveals. If that doesn't happen, then mafia can hide by saying "I don't have it."

The issue with revealing publicly is that it always allows the mafia to know who to hit. If they know is in the running for the seer power, for example, they could easily just kill anyone above their guy.

Shouldn't have bragged about surviving the vote, grumble grumble

Steam profile

The issue with revealing publicly is that it always allows the mafia to know who to hit. If they know is in the running for the seer power, for example, they could easily just kill anyone above their guy.

But that won't matter if we vote for who each ability should be used on. That forces the mafia to either go with the village hive mind or be voted out. Either way, the ability doesn't benefit the mafia.

The real problem is if there's a delay transfer, which we won't know for a while.

But that won't matter if we vote for who each ability should be used on. That forces the mafia to either go with the village hive mind or be voted out. Either way, the ability doesn't benefit the mafia.

Fair. And that would absolutely work for things like the Vig corp. But how would you test things like the seer? Especially if the hive mind wants to use it on someone suspicious, we could just be asking for two mafia to confirm one another.

I have a giant robot, and I signed up to firebend at things, dammit!
    Let's make this happen

We wouldn't necessarily have to confirm the use. None of these abilities are network-building, but only allow us to catch bad guys in the act. If a mafia has the abilities, then yes that prevents someone from using it, but I think that's an acceptable cost given the benefits.

We wouldn't necessarily have to confirm the use. None of these abilities are network-building, but only allow us to catch bad guys in the act. If a mafia has the abilities, then yes that prevents someone from using it, but I think that's an acceptable cost given the benefits.

I think I'm confused then. What's the point of knowing publicly who has what power if we're not going to confirm its use?

Voting to decide whom to kill with a vig is a bad idea.

I don't remember why at the moment, but I remember that it is. So there :P

Steam profile

GUARD HIM, SEER HIM, ROLEBLOCK HIM.

Whoops half got killed by the mafia.

There is no seer. No one can ever been confirmed good. Only caught as bad. Action seer can be used on the mission log seer. Mission log seer can catch bad guys.

kime wrote: »
    Voting to decide whom to kill with a vig is a bad idea.

I don't remember why at the moment, but I remember that it is. So there :P

It's foolish because it doesn't allow players the free agency they need to make smart decisions. Also it allows the mafia to trifle with the decisions when the village is more than likely to be half-hearted about the whole thing . Also outing the people with said abilities (even if temporary) will likely get them killed down the road.

The benefit is that mafia are caught more easily if all of the knowledge is public.

Guard targets should be kept private obviously, since the only kill they might block is the mafia.

The other issue I want to talk about it Eqbal. Yeah, the role block can be kinda scary. But let's take a quick look at the villager PM:

Win Condition: The ORCA group are eliminated without completing their objective.

It's interesting to note that our win condition is specifically "Don't allow them to complete their objective" not "Eliminate the ORCA group." While I always get burned by trying to figure out phalla mechanics, it still hasn't stopped me from doing so.

The win condition sounds like ORCA doesn't need to just kill all of us. It sounds like they need to do something (think killing the guardians in the MM phalla). With all of the secondary rules, it's quite possible that ORCA's win condition relates to one.

I also really like reading fluff. So here's a little bit more from the OP:

They make their living on the conflict between the Corporations, and as long as they exist, you can continue to make money. But recently, rumours suggest that a group of Lynx, dubbing themselves ORCA have formed in an attempt to stop this conflict and bring peace to Earth.

That sure implies that ORCA wants to stop the corporations. And what better way to do so then forcing them out of business. By taking down Eqbal, we may well be helping the mafia reach their goals.

I'm beginning to think your on to something.

Was wondering about the use of the mission seer, seemed like it wouldn't get you very much since it's not like your going to catch someone in a lie about what missions they've done.

If they do have to try and eliminate the corporations then there mission logs should look a lot different than a typical villagers.

PSN SeGaTai
    The benefit is that mafia are caught more easily if all of the knowledge is public.

Guard targets should be kept private obviously, since the only kill they might block is the mafia.

what happens if you have a public vig. who is verified from killing a red and a seer who has managed to hit greens? and let's say you try to call a public kill on one those who is green and suddenly have to call it off?

where do the guard priorities go?

There is no seering green.

SeGaTai wrote: »
    The other issue I want to talk about it Eqbal. Yeah, the role block can be kinda scary. But let's take a quick look at the villager PM:

Win Condition: The ORCA group are eliminated without completing their objective.

It's interesting to note that our win condition is specifically "Don't allow them to complete their objective" not "Eliminate the ORCA group." While I always get burned by trying to figure out phalla mechanics, it still hasn't stopped me from doing so.

The win condition sounds like ORCA doesn't need to just kill all of us. It sounds like they need to do something (think killing the guardians in the MM phalla). With all of the secondary rules, it's quite possible that ORCA's win condition relates to one.

They make their living on the conflict between the Corporations, and as long as they exist, you can continue to make money. But recently, rumours suggest that a group of Lynx, dubbing themselves ORCA have formed in an attempt to stop this conflict and bring peace to Earth.

That sure implies that ORCA wants to stop the corporations. And what better way to do so then forcing them out of business. By taking down Eqbal, we may well be helping the mafia reach their goals.

Was wondering about the use of the mission seer, seemed like it wouldn't get you very much since it's not like your going to catch someone in a lie about what missions they've done.

If they do have to try and eliminate the corporations then there mission logs should look a lot different than a typical villagers.

Yeah, and the mission seer doesn't make a lot of sense unless there's useful information there.

I think Baidol was onto something when he initially said we should concentrate on the defense missions tonight. If we're all trying to keep our corporation up and still see some go down, that's a good bet that the mafia needs some of them to go out of business.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Ok, finally caught up (still haven't bought gear, though).

This quote here is the main argument that really needs to be resolved. I feel like powers that everyone knows and can be forced to be held accountable can only be good for the village and a hinderence for the mafia. With 6 powers and this being a main, I doubt the mafia has enough kills to knock off every one of our specials each night.

2 of the 6 powers are seer based and honestly will do little good for the mafia if we are transparent. So I'm not worried about them being around and in fact are really useful in a game where there should be open accountability. They could be used to find people who are lying about what they are doing.

2 of the 6 powers are vigs (corp and arena). This should be fairly easy to have some accountability for and I see no reason to get rid of the corporate vig. When someone gets that power, they reveal and ask for direction. They call it after vote close and there is accountability.

The roleblock is again very easily tracked. If someone is roleblocked, they just announce it in the thread at which point we know that the person who has it didn't tell us earlier so we start the process of shutting that corporation down and or finding and killing the person who has the roleblock. In fact, as I type this out, I see the merit for shutting down this corporation now. It might be more hassle than its worth.

The guard power is trickier and I have no idea how to hold this power accountable but publicly revealing might create a scary situation if the mafia have a busdriver.

Speaking of, Do we think the mafia would have a busdriver in this game? If so, accountability might be harder to come by.

Let's not start worrying about mafia busdrivers, thrallvigs, or santa claus just yet.

PSN SeGaTai
    ObiFett wrote: »
    The guard power is trickier and I have no idea how to hold this power accountable but publicly revealing might create a scary situation if the mafia have a busdriver.

Still thinking on the rest of this, but I think the guard power is actually the least of our worries. I would expect whoever had it to continually use it on themselves. If we start to think they're mafia, we can just vote them out.

There is no seering green.

my bad , shotty memory.

Yeah, and the mission seer doesn't make a lot of sense unless there's useful information there.

Figuring out who is likely in control of a certain ability or who might be next in line seems pretty useful.

Curious as to if the abilities are like "hey use this OR go on a mission" or if you can do both. If you can do one or the other, there's a possibility that two or more people will be fighting back and forth for powers

Still thinking on the rest of this, but I think the guard power is actually the least of our worries. I would expect whoever had it to continually use it on themselves. If we start to think they're mafia, we can just vote them out.

I was thinking the guard should use it on the arena champ. Because if the arena champ is being held accountable AND is targeting suspicious people, then the mafia would want to take them out each night until one of their own is in 1st.

Let's not start worrying about mafia busdrivers, thrallvigs, or santa claus just yet.

I think worrying about a busdriver has A TON of merit considering we are wanting people to be accountable for their actions. If the mafia have that info and have a busdriver, we could be in trouble.

I think worrying about a busdriver has A TON of merit considering we are wanting people to be accountable for their actions. If the mafia have that info and have a busdriver, we could be in trouble.

Trust_No_One_tagline.jpg

If the mafia have a busdriver, we will figure that out very quickly and can adjust.