As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Also my friend and I play with a house rule where if you get a card that you cannot actually use (an upgrade for someone who is dead, or a "damage four enemy models in one turn" when there are only three left, etc) you can immediately discard it. It means you burn through your deck faster but it stops you from having to spend actions ditching dead cards, which is nice.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Also my friend and I play with a house rule where if you get a card that you cannot actually use (an upgrade for someone who is dead, or a "damage four enemy models in one turn" when there are only three left, etc) you can immediately discard it. It means you burn through your deck faster but it stops you from having to spend actions ditching dead cards, which is nice.

We should do that but then my brother does play with the sepulchral guard so he for the most part doesn't have to discard cards he cannot use

I have benefited far too often from magore being the only one up far too often

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    So that leaked list is mostly right. the new warcry site has a list of every model you can use per faction. It's kind of strange overall.

It's totally easy to proxy a legions of nagash as they only have necromancer, grave guard (armored skeleton) and skeletons, that I kind of just want to pick up that deck for some immediate options.

Also a 'how to play' video hit and it seems pretty well designed so far?I'm still reeling from it probably being at least $120 though.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    $170 is what I’m seeing

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    seeing the order, death and destruction warbands on the warcry site makes the appeal of chaos to the humans kinda understandable. Freaky ghosts, walking skeletons, 500 pounds green gorillas, snake women, knights on giant floating eels.

the chaos warbands look downright quaint and outmatched compared to that.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Warcry preorder is up now. Price is a teeny bit higher than older stuff - but it's 1200 Swedebucks compared to about 1100 for the big-ass Beastclaw Raiders Icewind Assault box I bought years ago, and Warcry has more stuff.

In fact, looks to me that they lowered the price on the Necromunda: Underhive box.

• Options
    Interesting crossover.

08sucy1z6gdh.png

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Ah, yes, that moment when some of the poor souls still on Cadia when it fell finally emerge from the Warp… in the shadow of the Varanspire.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Turns out the "Buy now" link on the Warcry banner gives you a page with all current preorders. That was just kind of funny.

• Options
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/20/the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-open-day-2019-live-bloggw-homepage-post-1/

To new battletomes. Orruks with ironjawz and bonesplitters, and Cities of Sigmar , basically all the order units from last edition. Downside: some order units are going oop this year.

• Options
    I was hoping for some new Ironjawz units, but bundling in Bonesplitterz should also give some fun options.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I've been banging the drum for a Free Cities book for ages, cool to see one actually materialise. As much as I'd have liked to see all those mini-factions expanded into full ranges ala DoK it would have been just way too much work.

On the other hand I would've probably preferred that the orruks remain separate factions, but it sounds like the book lets you run them as their own thing or as a combined force, so it's whatever, really.

That basically just leaves Slaves to Darkness and Ogors in order to clean up all the old world stuff for AoS 2, I think?

• Options
    Yeah, given this I'll just assume they'll mash all Ogor sub-factions back together again.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Yeah, given this I'll just assume they'll mash all Ogor sub-factions back together again.

Funnily enough they just announced the “mawtribes” and revealed a new plastic tyrant.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Mhmm, and 'Fest of Bones' is presumably another dual-army box like Carrion Empire, with this new Tyrant for the Ogor side and then, I dunno, some sort of expanded skeleton range as the other faction? There are a few bony rumour engine pics yet to be resolved.

• Options
    Er, what was the “Pact of Bones” mentioned in the video? Seems like that might be an important clue.

• Options
    Something new as far as I'm aware, I don't think it's lore that's showed up before. There were some rumours of an Ogors vs Wanderers box of some sort coming out, but I don't know that an alliance between those factions would be called the 'pact of bones.'

So it definitely means a revamped Tomb King release, 100 percent...

• Options
    Yep, new Tyrant. Funny thing, my buddy asked if I wanted to try my Beastclaw Raiders next weekend...

I6OlH97.jpg

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    pact of bones suggests multi-faction, likely not TK but probably something across all undead variants

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Season 3 teaser for underworlds is up. Beastgrave set in a living mountain in Ghur. Looks like Wanderers Vs. Beastmen, maybe, this time the aelves have the centaurs and satyrs

honovere on
  • Options
    New Tyrant is cool, though I do hope there's a new Butcher to go along with him, cos that model is no good at all. There's a couple of rumour engines which could very well be ogor related too (barring the spear which, obviously, is part of the Tyrant kit).

I'm hoping for a DoK warband for Underworlds season 3, partly cos it would be the only way to get an infantry hero for the DoK which isn't part of the one cauldron kit!

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Tithe of bones teaser: even more undead?

https://youtu.be/rF5CzVul7J8

Settra as his own faction?

honovere on
  • Options
    Not to get all neck beardy because I am not that in touch with the lore, but I thought when you killed a stormcast, you didnt actually kill him, sigmar lightning struck him back out of combat before a fatal blow could happen, and took the armor with them as the armor is *waves hands around* magic bullshit whatever. Just noticed the face plate on the ogor and it seemed weird.

I like the design though, excited to see if anything major happens with that faction.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think you can kill stormcast sometimes, there's something like a 'true death' mentioned at points, but in any case I think when they are slain mostly their spirit/soul bursts back to the Realm of Heavens like lightning to be reforged, so bits of armour and weapons and stuff can be left behind. They don't get spared from dying in the first place, they can just be reforged back to life afterwards.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    $170 for the warcry starter set places it strictly in the "lol fuck that shit" territory. $50 for 8 model warband where the majority of them look like generic barbarians? No thanks.

edit: 8$ for the card packs is pretty reasonable enough, but "needing" a terrain set and the rulebook kind of throws the whole thing off.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Must be some UK-US economy thing. It's 1200 SEK here, 170 USD is 1600 SEK.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VU-OIWN9V0

Ok now I am very curious about the direction this is going

• Options
    SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    I love how they hyped up all of the warbands, and then don't include any of em except the Cypher bros.

I was in on the snake dudes, but who knows how long it'll be until they're out.

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • Options
    Svenska wrote: »
    I love how they hyped up all of the warbands, and then don't include any of em except the Cypher bros.

I was in on the snake dudes, but who knows how long it'll be until they're out.

I find that odd really as I expected them to release them at once or down the line in a certain order but just the Cypher Lords is odd

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    They don't even have images on the website for two of them.

My theory is more manufacturing/trade related stuff with China.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    What is the value of the warbands in the warcry starter? I want that terrain but not the models.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Or it’s a two-week release and the other half of the warbands are next week, along with the rebadged mausoleum and the other terrain kit teased at Warhammer Fest, the one with the new sigmarite shrine kit.

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    What is the value of the warbands in the warcry starter? I want that terrain but not the models.

The market will sort that out I feel they are going to work out to 35 to 40 on ebay as people want the terrain first

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »

They have their box of other terrain for $90 MSRP, so adjust on that based on local/ebay discounts? If I didnt have the reaper equivalent of all that mausoleum and fence stuff I would probably pick it up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    I finished my gorebeast Chariot. Stalled out painting it for a while as I lost motivation but marathoned it yesterday just to get it done.

mlYAGK8h.jpg
    apUJEwuh.jpg
    qrliOYch.jpg
    kDk6PMYh.jpg
    N7EXPRbh.jpg

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    That's a really cool color scheme.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    It's essentially thousand sons from 40k. Went with a tzeentch theme for my Slaves to Darkness.

• Options
    I preordered the Warcry box + Cypher Lords, but now I'm having some serious buyer's remorse and considering cancelling and getting a refund.

The rules just feel... thin. Sure, there's a bit of a campaign system with some fluffy story, but I don't like the lack of advancement. Some dude dies? It's free to recruit their clone.

• Options
    I preordered the Warcry box + Cypher Lords, but now I'm having some serious buyer's remorse and considering cancelling and getting a refund.

The rules just feel... thin. Sure, there's a bit of a campaign system with some fluffy story, but I don't like the lack of advancement. Some dude dies? It's free to recruit their clone.

If you have a GW nearby they are doing in store demos. I enjoyed how fast paced it was.

• Options
    TheGerbil wrote: »

If you have a GW nearby they are doing in store demos. I enjoyed how fast paced it was.

They are? hmm I might go check it out then

This discussion has been closed.