Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

1626364656668»

• UreshiiAkumaUreshiiAkuma Registered User regular
    ok, thanks! I thought they were all supposed to be available, but I was having trouble finding anything but the legacy war scrolls available online. I grabbed to app and can see them there. I will keep looking online, as it'd be nice to print out the warscrolls I intend to use.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Dino FuckerRegistered User regular
    Is the Spire of Dawn box a decent starter set for AOS Skirmish? I have played a couple games of it (one with Skaven, one with Khorne Bloodbound) and thought it was fun, and there is a guy who might be interested in splitting the box with me (I'd take the Skaven, he'd take the Elves).

The price of splitting the box and picking up the book would be cheaper than getting one of the $65 warband/whatever boxes, so it has me curious.

73CQcJZ.png
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited June 13
    Is the Spire of Dawn box a decent starter set for AOS Skirmish? I have played a couple games of it (one with Skaven, one with Khorne Bloodbound) and thought it was fun, and there is a guy who might be interested in splitting the box with me (I'd take the Skaven, he'd take the Elves).

The price of splitting the box and picking up the book would be cheaper than getting one of the $65 warband/whatever boxes, so it has me curious.

I'd say it will get you going. Next week they are releasing a version of the starter set for 80 that has more than enough stormcast/khorne to have variation in skirmish. Its same as the big box set, but I think without the 2 large leader units. It also comes with a mat, the rulebook and the box will work as terrain (meh). The main rulebook, if the same, comes with a bunch of stuff for narrative play, which would technically make it a better deal. (this is not the skirmish book or the generals handbook)

The skaven you get are diverse but I am not convinced it would make a good skirmish force. But I only know pestilens and the box isnt pestilens. Both boxes should be more or less balanced against the forces it comes with.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks The Myth, the Legend, the Bowman, the Dino FuckerRegistered User regular
    Right on, thanks for the info. I'll wait until Thunder and Blood drops and then make a decision, maybe see if I can find someone in my meta to split the box with.

Kinda cool that they're doing it in red/gold plastic and including some cardboard terrain though. Seems like they are really pushing the "get a game started with minimal effort" thing.

73CQcJZ.png
    DiannaoChong