Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

1686971737484

Posts

  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    It sounds like this new Death book is designed to let you use all the death models in different combinations to represent different facets of the undead forces, though obviously we don't have much info on quite how that works yet.



  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Courtesy of Siege Studios on facebook:
    26167603_1318185128328020_5578447131717798547_n.jpg?oh=80a5917d6fb751d9d6153a2e54302cee&oe=5AB71A05

    Wow it's huge now

    A.jpg
    Golden Yak
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Courtesy of Siege Studios on facebook:
    26167603_1318185128328020_5578447131717798547_n.jpg?oh=80a5917d6fb751d9d6153a2e54302cee&oe=5AB71A05

    Wow it's huge now

    Are those the play miniatures, or 3-Ups* to demonstrate the new model design?

    *I think that's the term. The original sculpt for a model is usually 3x the desired scale, and I've read that GW will make multiples copies at this scale during the design phase (I forget why, exactly).

    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Courtesy of Siege Studios on facebook:
    26167603_1318185128328020_5578447131717798547_n.jpg?oh=80a5917d6fb751d9d6153a2e54302cee&oe=5AB71A05

    Wow it's huge now

    Are those the play miniatures, or 3-Ups* to demonstrate the new model design?

    *I think that's the term. The original sculpt for a model is usually 3x the desired scale, and I've read that GW will make multiples copies at this scale during the design phase (I forget why, exactly).

    It's the actual size. The webstore says that the old one's on a 60mm base, the new one's on a 130mm round base, and that matches the scales shown in the picture.

  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Courtesy of Siege Studios on facebook:
    26167603_1318185128328020_5578447131717798547_n.jpg?oh=80a5917d6fb751d9d6153a2e54302cee&oe=5AB71A05

    Wow it's huge now

    Are those the play miniatures, or 3-Ups* to demonstrate the new model design?

    *I think that's the term. The original sculpt for a model is usually 3x the desired scale, and I've read that GW will make multiples copies at this scale during the design phase (I forget why, exactly).

    ushmteccbay1.png

    It's huge

    A.jpg
    Golden Yak
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    Huh. The 3-Up must've been enormous.

    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    They don’t do physical 3-ups any more. Also, for bigger models like the Land Raider they used to do 2-ups instead.
    But yeah, they huge now.
    Remember back in the 90’s, when we used to think the old lead guy was enormous?

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    BrainleechCustom Special
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    They don’t do physical 3-ups any more. Also, for bigger models like the Land Raider they used to do 2-ups instead.
    But yeah, they huge now.
    Remember back in the 90’s, when we used to think the old lead guy was enormous?

    I think they make them in the computer and 3rd print them any more
    It would explain why we get the one pose models anymore and how tight they are cut and able to be put together

    A.jpg
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    They also work with design libraries now so that models for the same range from different designers work well together and to save time.

    Brainleech
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    They only 3D print prototypes; production is done by CNC straight from the development file, except for resins where they print the master for casting.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    Glorious.

    thepit_bg_sig_banner.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular


    Finally Dark Elves are coming back, and they're bringing snakepeople with them.

    tzeentchlingLordSolarMacharius
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    aellllllvvvvveeeesssss

    i'm going to be so broke

  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited January 23
    I played in my first game of a Skirmish Campaign this weekend! (Also my first game of Skirmish.) It was super fun, brutal, and fast.

    Edit: So, the Shadow Queen's like Ynnead for fantasy aelves? Sign me the hell up.

    Nealneal on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Aha, now I might actually have a battletome to go with all these Witch Elves by the time I'm due back at this year's GT Heats, perfect!



  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    That's Morathi, I'd say. I wonder how she got away from slannesh after she got gobbled up during the end times.

    Also I like the pseudo melanomorphic artwork.

  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Nealneal wrote: »
    I played in my first game of a Skirmish Campaign this weekend! (Also my first game of Skirmish.) It was super fun, brutal, and fast.

    Edit: So, the Shadow Queen's like Ynnead for fantasy aelves? Sign me the hell up.

    Sorta maybe? In terms of army comp. perhaps. Ynnead is a new being, built of the souls of the dead but the “Shadow Queen” is Morathi making a play for godhood.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »


    Finally Dark Elves are coming back, and they're bringing snakepeople with them.

    Who is talking?
    I bought the Daughters of Khaine box just for a sister of slaughter head and to paint but I really have no idea what is going on with the cauldron of blood with the Medusa as it's creepy

    I know nothing of what happened during the end times and my attempts to find out hit a lot of walls or bitter people.

    A.jpg
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    It's 100% Morathi in the video. In The End Times she got eaten by Slaanesh, but other AoS fluff has confirmed that she survived.

    H3KnuckleshonovereAuralynx
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Where can I find out what happened during the end times
    All I ever found was a website about the Bretonnian that hurt to read {the white text on a black background was painful to read for some reason}

    A.jpg
  • NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Damn it... That being Morathi was so obvious it shot right over my head.

    Brainleech
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    There are some blurry pictures out there which confirm that the next 2 factions for Shadespire are Fyreslayers and Skaven; you can make out one model each.

    PSN Fleety2009
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Man, it's just impossible to buy High Elves at the moment. They aren't in stock anywhere except for the shadow warriors and flamespire phoenix.

  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Man, it's just impossible to buy High Elves at the moment. They aren't in stock anywhere except for the shadow warriors and flamespire phoenix.

    I don't know where you are but Firestorm games has the white lions in stock if that is any help?

    I've ordered from them in the past without any trouble.

    PSN Fleety2009
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Another video, teaser for "Blood and Fury":

    Brainleech
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    I am now very curious where this is going

    A.jpg
  • AuralynxAuralynx Thirty-Seven Keys Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    There are some blurry pictures out there which confirm that the next 2 factions for Shadespire are Fyreslayers and Skaven; you can make out one model each.

    Now they have my interest as far as Shadespire goes.

    Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea.
    og83npmjgeii.png

  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    There are some blurry pictures out there which confirm that the next 2 factions for Shadespire are Fyreslayers and Skaven; you can make out one model each.

    Now they have my interest as far as Shadespire goes.

    Aaaand booms WU:S Fyreslayers:

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Auralynx
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »

    Even though I have a deep loathing of elves, these are cool enough that I might end up buying some of these.

    (They look like they'll also make great Slaanesh daemon stand-ins).

    Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Well I know people have been asking for them and many other things
    But I am now very curious about the Witch Elves aka Dark Elves

    What is a Order Battletome? a Army book/Codex of old? does it have lore or just stats?
    I really watched that video several times and I am very hyped for it

    A.jpg
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Not a big fan of Morathi herself, but there are some great models in that range.

  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well I know people have been asking for them and many other things
    But I am now very curious about the Witch Elves aka Dark Elves

    What is a Order Battletome? a Army book/Codex of old? does it have lore or just stats?
    I really watched that video several times and I am very hyped for it

    Yeah a Battletome is a codex which has lore, stats, spells and items.

  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    You're Goddamn right I wanted elves.

  • AegeriAegeri Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am definitely getting them as a store army.

    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Registered User regular
    God. Damnit. I know I have to wait to see what they end up doing for Slaanesh stuff and the Legions if Nagash before I start buying more Sigmar stuff, but I want those elves right the fuck now.

    Preacher wrote: »
    There are plenty of people out there that believe in white supremacy and sweet sweet big foot dick.
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 26
    I'm kind of disappointed their horses are so normal looking. Given that the AoS aesthetic seems to be turn things up to 11 you'd think they'd get giant snake mounts or something. Or at least snake headed horses.

    Jam Warrior on
    TingleSigBar.gif
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I'm kind of disappointed their horses are so normal looking. Given that the AoS aesthetic seems to be turn things up to 11 you'd think they'd get giant snake mounts or something. Or at least snake headed horses.

    Those are an existing kit, and probably also the only men in the army.

  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'm kind of disappointed their horses are so normal looking. Given that the AoS aesthetic seems to be turn things up to 11 you'd think they'd get giant snake mounts or something. Or at least snake headed horses.

    The horses are Doomfire Warlocks, a kit from Fantasy. They could still wind up getting something more metal eventually.

  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Also Morathi supposedly has two shapes? Her elvish-humanoid on we se clearly in the trailer but also a giant snake shape ? The latter being what we see at the end of the trailer.

Sign In or Register to comment.