As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xanth: A [Phalla] for Chameleon - Day 6 - Mafia Victory!

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    So, what you're saying is the village should vote you out tomorrow if you don't die tonight tonight.

After all, if you are smug about dodging a network call, that means you can't be village aligned.

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    warban wrote: »
    Every time I read the Xanth Wiki or TvTroopes page i get the feeling Xanth is like Alice in Wonderland on LDS.

Alice in Wonderland on Mormons? Terrifying.

Seriously though, Xanth is a weird, weird series.

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    warban wrote: »
    Every time I read the Xanth Wiki or TvTroopes page i get the feeling Xanth is like Alice in Wonderland on LDS.

Alice in Wonderland on Mormons? Terrifying.

Seriously though, Xanth is a weird, weird series.

Hydraulic fluid used in some Citroën hydropneumatic suspension systems.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    So, what you're saying is the village should vote you out tomorrow if you don't die tonight tonight.

After all, if you are smug about dodging a network call, that means you can't be village aligned.
    Because if I were village I would be fine with you wasting your kill?

You are making no sense, Sir.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    This is what I do not understand.

If you are a special, why would you not reveal to Assuran?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    No, if you were village, you'd have sent me a PM explaining why we made a mistake.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »

Because if I were village I would be fine with you wasting your kill?

You are making no sense, Sir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOgvlfWKw-I

?

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    So Im evil no matter what?

awesome

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    yeah, you guys should cut him some slack

• Options
    No, that's not what I'm implying.

I'm implying that had the network called me as a kill and I'm aligned with the village, I'd spill the beans.

But, you're not doing that, instead you're trying to turn this against me.

I'm not afraid of admitting when I made a mistake, but you haven't given me a reason to think I've made one yet.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Well, if you have an ability that makes you not die when vigged, that's probably something you should tell the guy who called a vig on a mafia.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Day 3
    The council reconvened once again. Despite the rapid swings in opinion, at the end of the day, almost all of them were convinced that the Spot, man who could talk to dogs, was probably deserving of banishment.

Magician Trent had been quietly tailing someone for quite some time. The coastline was just riddled with places to hide, but he wanted to make sure he was within range to transform him before Trent revealed himself. However, before he got close enough, he was pulled underwater by an unseen monster. Trying to get a good look at what had grabbed him so he could transform it, the inky black water limited his sight to only a few inches in front of his face. The last thing he heard was a melodious voice singing a lullaby. Hush now, quiet now, it’s time to go to bed.

Isis had been having quite some fun crafting cunning illusions to distract her enemies. She forgot a very important fact, however. Voles are blind. Her holey body served as a reminder to any up and coming illusionists. Don’t tangle with Voles.

Beauregard the Demon was quite happy. He was almost ready to submit his thesis: "Demonic Supremacy Over the Pitiful Talents of Humans." He decided to call up one of his old school friends to celebrate. It’s rather sad, really. If he’d been paying more attention, he would have noticed the dark figure that tailed Dana Demoness. They were both found sleeping inside Beauregard’s bottle. They couldn’t be awoken.

There was one bright spot, in all of this, however. The one they had taken to calling Langly suddenly woke back up. He had a tale of terror for any who would listen. A foul cloud of smoke with booming laughter appeared in the Dream Land. When the cloud dispersed, Trojan the Night Horse stared upon his former realm with lifeless eyes.

With the loss of both the Night Stallion and Mare Imbrum, those who are trapped in the dream world have no way to escape. They are trapped. Forever.

Dead
    Kias – Banished – Spot, the Dog Whisperer (AKA Villager)
    Warban –
    Drowned in the seaMagician Trent
    GrimmyTOA –Smug cloud’d - Trojan, the Night Stallion
    Lucedes - Drilled full of Voles – Magician Isis
    INANTP - Eternal Slumber – Dana Demoness
    Kime – Eternal Slumber – Magician Bink
    Void Slayer – Eternal Slumber – Beauregard the Demon

• Options
    Langly is now awake.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    HAH

I knew you weren't a villager, Grimmy!

But you weren't a mafia, either. :(

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Oooooooo

Look when I said "just put me to sleep now"...

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

dammit.

• Options
    AWWWWK WAAAAAAARD!

:D

• Options
    oooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo
    Well It would seem I Jumped the shark.
    oooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Four villagers, two neutrals and a mafia.

Welp.

• Options
    So, yeah, not a good night.

Bedlam, care to explain?

• Options
    All PMs should be out. If you didn't get one and think you should have, let me know.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    OOooOOoooOooOoOOooOOOOOo

it's iris

just

so you kno
    oOOooOOoOOooOOoo

• Options
    Well, I'm going on an 8 hour car ride starting about now and will have intermittent internet connection during the trip. Once I arrive, I'll try to piece together what exactly happened.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Lucedes wrote: »
    OOooOOoooOooOoOOooOOOOOo

it's iris

just

so you kno
    oOOooOOoOOooOOoo

/facepalm. I knew that. Whoops.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    OooooooOooOoo

Ah well. Have fun guys.

OoooooOooOo

• Options
    Hey neutrals, just so you know, I had nothing to do with your deaths. I actually needed you.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Welp, I'm sticking with Cythraul.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    OOOOOoooooOOOOO

I see

OOOOOOoooOOOOOOO

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    So, yeah, not a good night.

Bedlam, care to explain?
    You guys were awfully quick to jump down my throat just now. Im not exactly feeling the love here.

But if you are going to put me in a pickle then I feel I have every right to relish the moment.

Id say lets sleep on it but considering what happened to those other guys, yeesh!

Bedlam on
  • Options
    @obifett is cool though.

:D

• Options
    The plight of the neutral who may not actually be neutral.

Which, I would be more sympathetic to, except one of the other neutrals killed was killed because the second neutral was killed. By the mafia. Not the village.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I'm sticking with my vote of Bedlam until I get a better explanation of what happened.

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    ZZzZzZZZzZZzzZZzzzZ

At least you got all the neutrals.

zZzzZzzzZzzzZZzzzZzZ

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    [/color=red]bedlam[/color] for being shady as heck/mafia/neutral who doesn't want to help the village.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Yeah, Bedlam, still not sure why you haven't contacted me yet.

I can't imagine why you're standing off.

Come talk to me and we'll work something out.

• Options
    I just did homeslice :P

• Options
    [/color=red]bedlam[/color] for being shady as heck/mafia/neutral who doesn't want to help the village.

Lets real talk this for a minute.

There were 35 players that signed up for this game. Standard Mafia would put them squarely at 7 if Im not mistaken.

There are 18 players now. The mafia kill just went up from 2 to 3 last night. If I had to guess I would say the sleep ability was mafia and that the guard to sleeping was the wake up horsies.

You know two things about me: I survived an attack and I didnt contact Assuran within 24 hours of his vig call.

As for Surviving I have an a built in ability for that to help me Survive. Its something you can get in some games when you cant win the game posthumously :P

As for not contacting the net head, Ive never been in a phalla where the mafia werent given cover roles. And would eat my hat if most of them havent already contacted Assuran.

My point in all this is thus: If you really think Im mafia then by all means vote for me. If you think I am neutral or village or whatever else your silly little head dreamed up then you are probably wasting your time. I dont know how many vigs you have left but it seems like youve lost quite a bit. (were those wizards magic vigs or something else? hard to say from my position)

• Options
    My personal opinion (note, not the networks) is that a survival neutral probably isn't worth voting off when we still have probably 4-5 mafia left.

I will not be around nearly as much today, however, I have trusted people looking into things. I will check in when I can, but I'm attending a wedding.

• Options
    Blah

El Skid

gotta vote

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Sorry dudes gotta leave for work like immediately and I have a high chance of not getting back before close.