As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What is your pipe dream, SE

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Create and write a TV series.

Write a comic book.

Write and help design a video game.

...there seems to be a pattern here.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i want to be a professor of literature at oxford, the brilliant and absent-minded kind who wears a tweed jacket everywhere and is constantly misplacing his glasses only to discover that he's still wearing them

this will give me enough money to smoke fine cigars and drink very expensive whiskey on special occasions

also go on sabbatical to the south of france and spend my time there writing brilliant, revolutionary novels that ten people buy

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    robot body

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Also, I want my donge to go into a butte, hopefully repeatedly.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    my pipe dream is to one day be a functioning human being and not riddled with neuroses and self-loathing

welp

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    start an airship racing league

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Create strong AI, terraform Mars, travel the solar system

sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    participate in an airship racing league

if only somebody would think to start one

Crimson King on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    participate in an airship racing league

if only somebody would think to start one

Only means of propulsion allowed would be deploying sails to catch the wind or human power to drive propellers

Weaver on
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    Mine is make a movie. Just make a movie. Any movie. I'd be happy if it was battleship

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Write a comic book.

Ohh that reminds me, I do want to try and get a character I created, DC Universe setting, off the ground. Not that I can draw this myself.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    robot body

Only after fully functioning robot boners are invented.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I've always wanted to be like the godfather of the mafia :I

But real estate mogul, professional sports team owner/gm/player (all at once)

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    I want to be that guy who finds loopholes in people's insurance policies and denies them coverage for their life saving procedures. I'd learn to dress and talk like a super villain and just be evil as all fuck. I would also have a side job as a lobbyist for the same company.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    I have two, one more farfetched than the other

the Grander of the two is winning the lottery (for which I never buy tickets), then buying an old fortress or castle and having half to myself, and opening a youth hostel in the other half. Pay to stay or just assist with the upkeep. It would have a mechanical workshop and such as well and a small collection of bizarre cars.

The other is to own a small property, scenic by the coast, where I can build and design and such at whim, when I'm not travelling around doing light vehicle design

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »

Write a comic book.

Ohh that reminds me, I do want to try and get a character I created, DC Universe setting, off the ground. Not that I can draw this myself.

This is my problem.

Damn artists wanting money.

Bill Finger got like twenty bucks a year! I mean he died bitter and desititute and people seriously think Bob Kane invented Batman but still

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    writing a book is easy though

all you gotta to is write four hours a day, every day, for ten years, and at the end of that time you'll probably have a book

i'm hesitant to call it a pipe dream because it's something that's under your control, it's not that you can't do it. you just won't.

• Options
    Shiet if you write 4 hrs a day it'll be done in a fortnight

• Options
    a pipe dream would be 'write a book without having to think about it very much'

• Options
    Finding a team of artists, programmers, testers, and game designers to work on all my cool ideas for video games while I just tell them what I want and contribute little to nothing in the way of actual work or funding to help complete the game(s).

• Options
    It would be kinda cool to 'suffer' from somnography, the act of writing when asleep

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    I want to be that guy who finds loopholes in people's insurance policies and denies them coverage for their life saving procedures. I'd learn to dress and talk like a super villain and just be evil as all fuck. I would also have a side job as a lobbyist for the same company.

I look forward to having you on my talk show.

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    It would be kinda cool to 'suffer' from somnography, the act of writing when asleep

I've got a friend who eats in his sleep

if he keeps food in his room, it will all be gone when he wakes up

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    i want to be a professor of literature at oxford, the brilliant and absent-minded kind who wears a tweed jacket everywhere and is constantly misplacing his glasses only to discover that he's still wearing them

this will give me enough money to smoke fine cigars and drink very expensive whiskey on special occasions

also go on sabbatical to the south of france and spend my time there writing brilliant, revolutionary novels that ten people buy

I guess now we gotta fight with knives cause this is me too

Except for the literature and Oxford part

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options

I guess now we gotta fight with knives cause this is me too

Except for the literature and Oxford part

what do you want to study and where do you want to study it at

we could go halves on the whiskey while we're waiting for our big break

unless of course we stab each other to death over who gets tenure

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    History, particularly the history of east-west relations between Korea and other nations.

At the moment I am waiting on tenterhooks for acceptance to a program. We can jump the tenure knife fight hurdle when we get to it. Until then, whiskey and tweed fist bumps. Very classy fist bumps.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I never had any idea what I wanted to do with my life, even ideally

I am the man with no dreams

it's me

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    History, particularly the history of east-west relations between Korea and other nations.

At the moment I am waiting on tenterhooks for acceptance to a program. We can jump the tenure knife fight hurdle when we get to it. Until then, whiskey and tweed fist bumps. Very classy fist bumps.

this gets a pass

history is the one thing as cool as literature

• Options
    TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Go to uni for some kind of History degree (planning on Medieval Studies), get married one day, own a house, write a book that gets published, read stories to my nephew.

All somewhat doable.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I want to be a comic book writer

almost more than anything

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

He's not doing it, his roommate is sneaking in during the night and eating it just to fuck with him.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    If I won lotto or just became financially independent from the need to irk to support my drinking habit I'd like to work as like an instructor for one of those places that help bald kids and stuff.

Personally, one day I'd like to knock off this.

800px-Yosemite_El_Capitan.jpg

Because, why wouldn't you?

Blake T on
  • Options
    I wonder what rock stars' pipe dreams are? I mean I guess there's no conceivable ceiling to pipe dreams (being pipe dreams, after all). But it's always interesting reading stuff like "I had everything, and yet I still felt like I was missing something"

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    What era of rock stars are you asking about?

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Another pipe dream of mine is to be the patriarch of a fashion house

the anna wintour of belvest

Eddy on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I wonder what rock stars' pipe dreams are? I mean I guess there's no conceivable ceiling to pipe dreams (being pipe dreams, after all). But it's always interesting reading stuff like "I had everything, and yet I still felt like I was missing something"

Their problem was that they thought they had everything.

• Options
    TrueHereticXTrueHereticX We are the future Charles, not them. They no longer matter. Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Actually I used to have a dream of owning a hairdressing salon. Don't know why.

• Options
    By rock star I guess I mean whoever has reached the pinnacle of their respective career/calling

And obviously they should have married their plain pre-fame girlfriend, is the remedy

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »

He's not doing it, his roommate is sneaking in during the night and eating it just to fuck with him.

dude has no roommate

it must be a ghooooost

• Options
    They should marry the asian artsy chick who breaks up the band.