Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

ArenaNet hiring character artists: Guild Wars 2

RequiemsvoidRequiemsvoid Registered User regular
edited June 2012 in Artist's Corner
hyojin_header.jpg

If you're one of the many people looking forward to Guild Wars 2, seeing the words "hiring" and "ArenaNet" in the same sentence probably made you skip everything else in that sentence. And it's true: The team at ArenaNet is looking to expand. Unfortunately for some, the position being filled is that of a character artist rather than a Guild Wars 2 enthusiast. But if you're a character artist by trade, it's an excellent opportunity.

Prospective applicants aren't being asked for a resume. Instead, they're being given two pieces of character concept art. Would-be artists are then tasked with creating a high-resolution mesh for the outfit with very clearly defined space and size limitations. Presumably, applicants who demonstrate skill with the more technical side of things will be asked for more information. If all this sounds like something you're more than capable of, read up on the fine details on the official posting and start modeling!

Concept Art:::

Hyojin-Sample-A-400x600.jpgHyojin-Sample-B-410x600.jpg

Tutorials:::
For anyone interested in getting into the industry sometime in the future, I'll be continuing to upload new ZBrush tutorials through out the rest of this month, to my youtube account. [feel free ta check'em out] ^_^

June 4th - 10th, 2012 ::: Chapters 1 and 2.

zbrush_tooltip_tutorials__chapter_one_by_everfaust-d52goqq.png

zbrush___dynamesh_tooltip_tutorials__chapter_two_by_everfaust-d52yds5.pngLink to the video tutorial Playlist

June 11th - 17th, 2012 ::: Chapters 3 and 4.

Software: Zbrush 4R2: BASICS
Episode 1: Masking, Groups and Transpose
Episode 2: Brush Pallet
Episode 3: Custom Alpha
Episode 4: Subtools
Episode 5: Subtool Master
Episode 6: Layers
Episode 7: ZSphere
Episode 8: Retopology
Episode 9: Morph Target
Episode 10: Polypaint
Episode 11: Noisemaker
Episode 12: Shadow Box

June 18th - 30th, 2012 ::: Chapter 5 Practical Application: Character Creation.

Software: Maya.
Episode 1: Rigging ~ Skeleton
Episode 2: Rigging ~ Skin weights / Soft-bodies *(jiggle physics)
Episode 3: Rigging ~ Special Rig *(IK)
Episode 4: Rigging ~ Clusters
Episode 5: Rigging ~ Control Clean up
Episode 6: Rigging ~ Facial Rigging

Software: Maya Zbrush 4R2.
Episode 1: Base Mesh Creation
Episode 2: Clothes/Armor
Episode 3: Weapons/Accessories
Episode 4: High Rez Modeling
Episode 5: Retopology
Episode 6: UV Layout
Episode 7: Polypaint Texturing
Episode 8: Rigging = Animation Ready.

July = Work with Unity 3D Game Engine:::

::: LINKS :::
~ ArenaNet Article
~ Pixologic, ZBrush
~ Unity 3D
~ Youtube Tutorials

Requiemsvoid on

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Sorry, no sitewhoring. Read the rules please.

• RequiemsvoidRequiemsvoid Registered User regular
    m3nace wrote: »
    Sorry, no sitewhoring. Read the rules please.

Sitewhoring?... isn't this the "Art" section.. where you post up art and/or offer advice and help there of?

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    People typically post here to ask for help or comments on their work. You do not seem to be doing that. You are also a fresh account instead of an established member so people can look at your op and think that you are just whoring for more pageviews on your website. Make sense? Anyway this line of conversation itself is inappropriate, and you should probably PM a moderator.

Draygo on
    Draygo wrote: »
    People typically post here to ask for help or comments on their work. You do not seem to be doing that. You are also a fresh account instead of an established member so people can look at your op and think that you are just whoring for more pageviews on your website. Make sense?

Hmm, that makes sense..

Ah well ~ this topic was created as an announcement via the Guild Wars 2 Concept Jobs and
    to help anyone interested in a future in modeling/animation.. since I'm also NOT selling my
    tutorials *(free on youtube) then I've not really much else to say..

If people think I'm "sitewhoring" I could remove my youtube links.. but then, this topic
    wouldn't be very helpful =/

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    It's not meant to be mean spirited. It's just to cut down on non-art threads.

You should definitely post this in the chat thread, though! That's the catch-all spot for anything not critique-oriented. And perhaps post the Zbrush tutorials in the "questions and tutorials" thread so it can be archived.

Fugitive on
    Fugitive wrote: »
    It's not meant to be mean spirited. It's just to cut down on non-art threads.

You should definitely post this in the chat thread, though! And perhaps post the Zbrush tutorials in the "questions and tutorials" thread so it can be archived.

....lol, I'm still trying to figure out how to "PM a mod" XD
    **can't find the mod tracker or even a list of them.

Thanks for the advice tho, once I clear this up with a mod I'll prolly have'em delete this thread so I can re-create it in the appropriate sections.

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    If you PM Angel_of_Bacon or bombardier you'll probably get a fast response.

Click on the envelope symbol at the top right of the forums, "Start New Conversation", then begin typing their names. You'll be able to pull them from a drop-down list.

Fugitive on
    Fugitive wrote: »
    If you PM Angel_of_Bacon or bombardier you'll probably get a fast response.

Click on the envelope symbol at the top right of the forums, "Start New Conversation", then begin typing their names. You'll be able to pull them from a drop-down list.

ah, thx! ^_^

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Cool fellas.

This discussion has been closed.