As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 82 - In doldari's 7th Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

12345679»

• Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    1 hit in Bretonnia. Stab a Plaguebearer.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    I think that was the last roll, @doldari. No rush, no pressure. :)

• Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Round 5-5. Corruption Phases

game82state73.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Call to Arms! - During the corruption phase, reduce the total number of corruption tokens that each player places in each region by one.
    Vermin Outbreak - The cost to summon each figure is increased by one. Chaos card effects are immune to this limitation. Each player may roll no more than two battle dice per battle, per region.

- Upgrade Effects
    Bloodsworn - Each Bloodworn counts as two figures toward your domination value of any region that it occupies.
    Great Unclean One - For every figure you kill in the same region as a Great Unclean One, you may place one corruption token in that region.
    Horrors - When you play a Chaos card with a magic symbol, you may immediately summon a Horror to that region for 0 power.
    Acolytes - Once per round during the battle phase, you may discard a card from your hand to cancel one hit assigned to one of your Acolytes.

Keeper of Secrets - A Keeper of Secrets counts as three Noble tokens.
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region.
    Vermin Lord - You may summon a Vermin Lord from the board (rather than from your stockpile) for 1 power.

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Festival of Sinew - 0 - When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point.
    Troll Country : Creeping Death - 1 - If you dominate this region, place one corruption token in each adjacent region. and Verminous Horde - 1 - If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one.
    Kislev : Quicken Decay - 1 - When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, score one victory point. and Havoc - 2 - Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase.
    Bretonnia : Verminous Horde - 1 - If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one. and Warp Shock - 1 - Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value.

Domination Step
    Norsca : +1VP
    Troll Country = +1VP DAC
    Kislev : +9VP
    Bretonnia : +3VP
    The Badlands : +2VP

CorruptionStep
    Norsca : +3 DAC, Ruined (@Gorden858 move Vermin Lord to Kislev. +1VP)
    Kislev : +1, +3 DAC, Ruined (@Gorden858 move Clan Rat to Norsca.+1VP)

Check for Ruination
    Norsca 4th : +5VP, +5VP
    Kislev 5th : +5VP, +5VP, +5VP, +5VP, +5VP

Updated VP
    32 + 5 = 37VP
    49 + 5 + 2 = 56VP
    36 + 6 + 5 + 5 = 52VP
    29 + 9 + 5 = 43VP
    36 + 1 + 5 + 5 = 47VP

doldari on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Round 5-6. End Phases

game82state77.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board.

2. Hero Tokens are resolved.
    Norsca : @blahmcblah kill one your figure.
    Kislev : Horror
    Estalia : Great Unclean One

3. Resolve Old World cards. - None

4. Score Ruined Regions.
    Norsca : +8VP, +4VP
    Kislev : +10VP, +5VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - Slaanesh tick twice, other god ticks once except Khorne
    22 - Upgrade
    21 - Place 2 Warpstones
    19 - Upgrade
    24 - Upgrade
    20 - Summon 1 Warrior

Updated VP
    37VP
    56VP
    52 + 8 = 60VP
    43 + 10 = 53VP
    47 + 4 + 5 = 56VP

6. Check for Game end

TZEENTCH WINS A VP VICTORY!

doldari on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Final

Doldari's 7th Old World was destroyed at the hand of a blahmcblah.
    But, survivors wander to find a different world.
    Finally, they will move other's world, Doldari's 8th Old World.

Who will be able to destroy Doldari's 8th Old World?
    You shall see.

game82state79.png

Congratulation, blahmcblah.

doldari on
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    I think this:
    Gorden858 wrote: »
    The Big One is going to switch places with the Clan Rat at the moment of Ruination

is what Gorden wants, so he ends up taking second alone in Kislev and tying for second in the game with Nurgle at 56.

• Options
    Just as planned?

Also, whooooo! Freaking finally... I wasn't sure I'd ever get a win with Tzeentch, but I guess the third time's the charm! Crazy good game, all, definitely the closest I've ever played. With 4 gods guaranteed to cross 50, I thought there was no way I'd come out on top, but I got insanely lucky with my draw and that Vermin Outbreak in the last round. Thanks for the awesome game, everyone, and thanks so very much for the awesome hosting job, doldari!

• Options
    Gorden858Gorden858 Registered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    I think this:
    Gorden858 wrote: »
    The Big One is going to switch places with the Clan Rat at the moment of Ruination

is what Gorden wants, so he ends up taking second alone in Kislev and tying for second in the game with Nurgle at 56.

Just that, although in my math I come out second alone with me 56 and him 54.

But yeah, really good, tense game looking forward to play again with you guys. And of course thanks for the great hosting job doldari, I have really no clue how you bring up all the time for all of your games.

• Options
    He still gets the VP from Quicken Decay when you use Under Empire. :)

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Man, I suck : (

Thanks for hosting doldari, and congratulations on your victory blahmcblah. I'll get you next time!

• Options
    You do realize you almost won last round, right, jakob? If you'd rolled 1 more hit and Nurgle 1 less, or someone else had left a cultist in Estalia, you could've taken first there and the game if you dominated Bretonnia or got ruiners points in Kislev. Before the way that round ended, I really thought you were threatening to win.

And speaking of rolling dice, I just had a minor ohgodohgodohgod freakout when I JUST NOW REALIZED that Gorden rolled 3 dice in Norsca when Vermin Outbreak should have limited him to 2. And then I checked the roll and saw that he still got 1 of his 4 hits on the first die he rolled, so it should be ok because he'd probably still assign that to a Seductress so he could get his second place, right? RIGHT? Just in case, @Gorden858.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I did not entirely realize that, no. I guess giving up made me concentrate less (which is of course dumb, but what can you do. Brains, man). Also, a lot of the time I had no idea what I was doing. As Khorne you more than any other god have to stay aware of what everyone else is doing, and I find that super hard even with just 4 players.

But I guess I am slightly overstating my case here. I'm just trying to rationalize the fact that I've never won with Khorne. Maybe I'll start blaming it all on the dice, it seems the thing to do.