As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arkham Horror] Blackest Goat in the Darkest Corner Episode 8: Diamond to the rescue.

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Kirindal wrote: »
    Hmm, should I crack open the King now or adjust my slider for a extra die for the roll?

You have to wait for next turn in order to read the KiY. So you could just adjust your Lore next turn before you read it.

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    1d6.hits(5)=0 Ugh, do not want to lose items. Spend my new found clue.
    2d6.hits(5)=0 Again? Another clue
    2d6.hits(5)=0 Come on, now you're just being mean.
    2d6.hits(5)=1 Finally!

And, I'll try and blow/sneak my way through the monsters next turn.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    Majestic GoatMajestic Goat Registered User regular
    NoizRnel wrote: »
    Come 'ere, dog! --> http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3573285/ I rolled... three one's...
    Clue token! --> http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3573290/ ....
    What do you guys think? Should I spend my last clue token to get Duke? It's +1 Maximum Sanity....

I think its a good bet on duke, you know, 1 maximum sanity is 33% increase for you.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Yeah mi-go, I'm game for spreading this wealth around. With my enchanted tommy gun and RUBY OF SPEED I'm happy to go monster hunting instead of shopping :D

But first, this tome...

Lore (-1) check = 3 dice

3d6.hits(5) -> [4,5,4] = (1)

I dig through the manuscript, hoping it's not just a play about an unspeakable horror!

You actually understand what's the ancient scroll is about. It is a spell of protection from all harm called Flesh Ward. You quickly learn the spell and leave the house before more rats appear again.
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    1d6.hits(5)=0 Ugh, do not want to lose items. Spend my new found clue.
    2d6.hits(5)=0 Again? Another clue
    2d6.hits(5)=0 Come on, now you're just being mean.
    2d6.hits(5)=1 Finally!

And, I'll try and blow/sneak my way through the monsters next turn.

You have almost lost your way and your mind in the nightmare induced by the witch. Fortunately you have found a way out, and during the escape you learn a spell to hide your body from monster. You have learned Mist of Releh

Majestic Goat on
  • Options
    While the gangster is still fetching for the dog,
    Despair fills the heart of the investigators...

Other World Encounter :
    No mortal braves the beyond...Yet.

Mythos Phase :
    Mythos39.png

Just as Barnes turns her head and leaves the Unnameable, another gate opens at the abandoned house sucking Barnes into the world of Mi-Go: the alien world of Yuggoth. Yet its dwellers decided to stay home as their Hunter Ward Armor malfunction. In their stead hideous monsters jumps through the gate and start terrorizing the good neighborhood.
    Jack is yet again, flanked by evil beings, what is awaiting him? The glory of hunt? Or the intensive care unit in St. Mary?

Birds in the Woods sing in a mysterious tune and catch the gangster's attention. It sounds like a password of some sort, gaining him 1 clue.

Round 4
    Map
    T1ti4.jpg

Upkeep & Movement Phase

@NoizRNel -> @mi-go hunter -> @Cythraul -> @Kirindal -> @Capfalcon -> @Chrysis

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    We've got to start closing gates and killing monsters or we're going to get overwhelmed. Combat occurs during the Movement phase, correct? So given that Drake is last I'll bide my time for now and see where would be best to head. The stack in the cave is a little intimidating or I'd head in there slinging spells a plenty.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Let those creepy crawlies come! I'll fight to my last breath.

SPEED/SNEAK: 1/3 (change)
    FIGHT/WILL: 4/2 (change)
    LORE/LUCK: 3/3

Fighting the High Priest first:
    Horror Check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3574351/ My nerves are intact!

Combat Check: 4+3+1-2 = 6 dice. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3574354/

... And I am knocked out cold. :(

I will discard my Bull Whip and my .38 Revolver and move to St. Mary's Hospital to recover.

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    SPEED/SNEAK: 4/1
    FIGHT/WILL: 3/3
    LORE/LUCK: 3/1 [Change]

I'll head down to the Graveyard and crack open The King in Yellow to see what this hooplah is all about.

Lore [-2] to decipher The King in Yellow (3d6.hits(5)=2)

..and no successes. Curse you King!

• Options

I'll head down to the Graveyard and crack open The King in Yellow to see what this hooplah is all about.

Actually you got two successes!

• Options
    Oh, oops. That'll show me to read the rules a bit more closely. I thouht the -2 deducted from the overall pool of successes for a one for one basis.

• Options
    Oh, oops. That'll show me to read the rules a bit more closely. I thouht the -2 deducted from the overall pool of successes for a one for one basis.

Wait, so with your current Lore of 3, you are supposed to only roll 1 die. 3 Lore minus the -2 modifier.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Let those creepy crawlies come! I'll fight to my last breath.

SPEED/SNEAK: 1/3 (change)
    FIGHT/WILL: 4/2 (change)

Fighting the High Priest first:
    Horror Check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3574351/ My nerves are intact!

Combat Check: 4+3+1-2 = 6 dice. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3574354/

... And I am knocked out cold. :(

I will discard my Bull Whip and my .38 Revolver and move to St. Mary's Hospital to recover.

The man in funny suit proves too much for you to handle. He robs you of your health, hope, and your trademark tools...

You should only roll 1d6, please reroll

Majestic Goat on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    @mi-go hunter
    Actually were you using your bullwhip for the combat? You may reroll 1 die by exhausting your whip anyway.

edit: oh right nevermind, toughness 3...

Majestic Goat on
  • Options
    @mi-go hunter
    Actually were you using your bullwhip for the combat? You may reroll 1 die by exhausting your whip anyway.

edit: oh right nevermind, toughness 3...

I considered that... :(

• Options
    Damn these tomes with similar titles, apparently The Queen in Yellow does absolutely nothing to my sanity. Switching over to reading the King in Yellow.

Rerolling Lore [-2] for the The King in Yellow. (1d6.hits(5)=0)

...Still no successes. These words are tricky.

• Options
    All right, gonna hope that the environment changes by the time I get back.

Move to the Black Cave!

First up is the Byakhee!

2d6.hits(5)=1 Pass! I've seen worse than this.
    6d6.hits(5)=2 Starting off on the right foot! Gimmie my trophy. :P

Next up, Mi-go!

2d6.hits(5)=0 Ow. My brain broked.
    6d6.hits(5)=2 But I broked his FACE! Unique item, please.

And... yeah, I'm not fighting that Dark Young. It's a badass.
    I'm gonna wait to see what awesome unique item I get, since it might help with fight running away from the Dark Young. It's a badass.

• Options
    I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do. I could go fight the Dark Young and pop through the same gate as Capfalcon, but that seems a little redundant. Although I guess that depends on if he survives running from it. Alternatively head to the Market Streets and kill the polyp, but then get destroyed by the magic immune High Priest. What are some recommendations?

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    So, I guess I'll just chill while i get back up? Is there anything I should be doing? (this is newbie help time folks! :D)

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Chrysis wrote: »
    I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do. I could go fight the Dark Young and pop through the same gate as Capfalcon, but that seems a little redundant. Although I guess that depends on if he survives running from it. Alternatively head to the Market Streets and kill the polyp, but then get destroyed by the magic immune High Priest. What are some recommendations?

Maybe you could just blast away at the polyp and evade the High Priest? Just thinking aloud here.
    Cythraul wrote: »
    So, I guess I'll just chill while i get back up? Is there anything I should be doing? (this is newbie help time folks! :D)

There is nothing you can really do except chill... I suppose you could increase your Sneak to evade monsters but I dunno.

• Options
    NoizRnelNoizRnel Registered User regular
    dog roll --> http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3575628/ ... I never rolled anything higher than a 2 with five dice... drat.

I will avenge Monterey!
    Adjusting skill sliders:
    SPEED/SNEAK: 3/3
    FIGHT/WILL: 3/4 (no change)
    LORE/LUCK: 0/3 (no change)

Move to Merchant District and fight Hight Priest, sneak past Flying Polyp.

Fighting High Priest:
    Horror check --> http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3575650/ Success
    Combat check --> use Tommy Gun --> http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3575654/ 5 successes! High Priest is nothin' but a smear on the pavement

Sneaking past Polyp:
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3575665/ what? Four 3's???
    Combat damage, the gangsta loses 2 Stamina :(
    Horror check --> http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3575673/ uh oh...

UH, McGlen goes to the Asylum... I lose my Dynamite. Darn.

• Options
    Looks like someone has to take out that Polyp, but at least the High Priest isn't an issue any more.

Adjust sliders:
    SPEED/SNEAK: 2/4 (1 shift left)
    FIGHT/WILL: 1/3 (no change)
    LORE/LUCK: 5/2 (1 shift right)

Move to Merchant District.

Fight Polyp.

Discover I can't log into Invisible Castle here for some reason, swap to Orokos.

Horror Check: 1d6 -> 0 hits. Crap.
    Clue Token: A 6. Hooray.

So lose 1 Sanity automatically due to Nightmarish.
    Cast Dread Curse.
    Lore Check: 3d6t5: 1 hit
    Successful cast. Lose 2 sanity.

OK, so far so good.
    Combat Check. Pool is 1 + 9 for Dread Curse -3 for Polyp. So 7 dice needing 4 hits.
    2 Hits. No point spending a clue token, can't manage a kill from here.

Take 3 Stamina Damage. Try again.
    1 Hit. Welp, time to go to the hospital.

Get eviscerated and travel to hospital. Discard Heal, Enchant Weapon, Holy Water and the book I never got to read (Nameless Cults). Swear a lot.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    That's not good.

Drake, what happened to your UNLIMITED POWER?

mi-go hunter on
  • Options
    I think we're just going to be sneaking past the Polyp. 4 Toughness with Physical Resistance and a -3 Combat Modifier makes it pretty much impossible to get enough hits in one round without a lot of clue tokens.

• Options
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Arkham's ER has been overloaded!

McGlen:
    Losing the dog was like a knife into your heart. Even though you have vented some anger on the man in funny suit, you heart couldn't take it when the monster polymorph itself in to the doggie and scare the ever loving poo poo out of you. All you remember once you wake up was screaming "doggie, O poor doggie, where art thou."

Drake:
    The curse! It does nothing!" You scream at the top of your lung, when you spell could not wipe the monster out from this world. You mind has almost been shattered while your body sure does, for the monster hits with a strength of thousand bulls, leaving you mortally wounded and saved only by modern medical science.

Barnes:
    The alien world is actually quite fascinating, but its time to move on. You are no longer delayed.

Simmons:
    There isn't enough light for you to read the text heavy tome.

Diamond:
    You have shown the world how to slay extraterrestrial creature in 1 hit. From Mi-Go's bag pack you have found another tome called Dragon's Eye! Will you face off the last creature lurk in the cave?

Majestic Goat on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yap, just conclude the movement phase, encounter coming soon.
    Well actually Diamond still have to decide fight or flight with the Dark Young

Majestic Goat on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Arkham Encounter:
    Simmons:
    You have entered a stone crypt, within the crypt there's a man paint pictures of monsters, if you have 5 toughness worth of monster trophies, you may try to impress him. Or you may just leave that man be and enjoy the unearthly peace you've found in the crypt, restoring sanity.

Others:
    You have a nightmare of a black goat mocks you and laugh at your incompetence.

Other World Encounter:
    Barnes:
    A weird insight hits you like a truck, suddenly every moves of the monsters make sense! You gain 1 clue

Majestic Goat on
  • Options
    That turn did not go well. Half of us got carted to the infirmary/asylum and 1 got sucked into a gate. Drake is going to have to spend his $2 to patch up his beaten, broken body and then maybe take a trip to the asylum to speed his sanity recovery. Hopefully we can pull this back together before things start getting really bad.

• Options
    That turn did not go well. Half of us got carted to the infirmary/asylum and 1 got sucked into a gate. Drake is going to have to spend his $2 to patch up his beaten, broken body and then maybe take a trip to the asylum to speed his sanity recovery. Hopefully we can pull this back together before things start getting really bad.

Luckily we still have time. Shubby only has 2/12 doom tokens on her track, plenty of time to recover and pull our act together I think.

• Options
    2d6.hits(5)=0 Whelp. Brain Broke'd.

Discard two ancient Tomes unless someone has an objection.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    2d6.hits(5)=0 Whelp. Brain Broke'd.

Discard two ancient Tomes unless someone has an objection.

Dark Young has teared your heart apart, and you have teared some tomes as revenge...
    You have to discard 1 more item as you have 6 in total including spell

Majestic Goat on
  • Options

Luckily we still have time. Shubby only has 2/12 doom tokens on her track, plenty of time to recover and pull our act together I think.

Scratch that!

• Options
    It's more that we're at 50% capacity on both gates and monsters. And now that everyone is going to have to nurse wounds for a turn or two we're going to cut it mighty fine.

• Options
    Ah. Yeah, that spell will never be worth it to me, so that can bite it too.

• Options
    Achievement unlocked: 2/3 of the team hospitalized in one round :o

Mythos Phase:
    Mythos40.png

Another gate to the Dreamland (+1) opens at the wood and monsters appear! Luckily the citizen have hired some muscles to clean up the neighborhood. Uptown is relatively save for now. While in Merchant District, monsters are gathering on the street for party.

Map
    Upkeep & Movement Phase:

@mi-go hunter -> @Cythraul -> @Kirindal -> @Capfalcon -> @Chrysis -> @NoizRNel

• Options
    edited June 2012
    This turn is pretty easy. Keep sliders the same, use Healing Stone to heal one point of Sanity. Pay $2 to heal Stamina to full.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    This turn is pretty easy. Keep sliders the same, use Healing Stone to heal one point of Sanity. Pay $2 to heal Stamina to full.

Actually only Simmons has to decide where to move this round :!:

• Options
    SPEED/SNEAK: 3/1 (change)
    FIGHT/WILL: 4/2

Pay 2 bucks to heal myself to max Stamina.

• Options

Actually only Simmons has to decide where to move this round :!:

Looking at the wiki, getting knocked unconscious during a fight prevents you from having any more encounters THIS turn, but NEXT turn may be taken as normal. As THIS turn was the turn where we got KO'd wouldn't the turn we are doing now be a normal turn? So we could move and do whatever, but probably wouldn't actually want to go anywhere.